Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've been wrong so far on the birth date (way wrong, I thought March for ages) so I might as well be wrong for this as well! :lol: I guess a big baby boy at about 8lbs 6 ounces.

Im with you on the baby boy. I thought girl at first, but as her pregnancy has advanced, my money is on boy. I was almost with you on the 8lbs+, but then I thought about this being her first and Meghan having a shorter torso and thus show more (there is only so much room, there is no way other than outward) :lol:
This long wait might actually be driving some fans to drink. ;)

Psst, how did you know I’m on my second glass? :shock:

Last edited:
There are reports that Meghan selected a 20-person medical team, headed by a female gynecologist. And that all doctors on the team are sworn to forego drinking any alcohol until after Baby Sussex has been delivered. ?

This long wait might actually be driving some fans to drink. ;)

That article was back in October. It was said that Meghan was going to give birth at the Lindo wing, with 20 staff and they would all be on call for 3 months. The whole alcohol thing makes sense when her due date is here or near. She isn't going to want to use a different doctor, because her doctor was drinking the night she goes into labor.

OK. I think its time we all got proactive here and help Baby Sussex decide its time to greet his/her world.

All together now..... "Push 'im out, push 'im out, waaaaay out!" We can be Meghan's global labor and delivery coach and chant our mantra until the baby gives its very first howl announcing its arrival. :lol:

I'm going to go heavy here and predict that the child will weigh close to 9 lbs. To guess any heavier would deem Baby Sussex a turkey rather than a child and very, very uncomfortable for mama.

In the meantime Doria is able to spend some quality time with her daughter and get acquainted with the new Frogmore Cottage. Also a good chance for her and Harry to get to know each other better.

My guess is a girl at 8lb 4oz, Thursday morning before dawn, my time.

The weight: Twins 5lb 3oz and 5lb 1oz ... or a boy 8lb 2oz.

The date: Wednesday, 1st May and Saturday, 4th May.

It there were twins the Court would have announced it.

I know. But this is fanciful land.
How amazing would it be for one twin to be born on the 1st. and one on the 4th.?
May Day and May the Fourth be with you - Star Wars Day!

Last edited:
I know. But this is fanciful land.
How amazing would it be for one twin to be born on the 1st. and one on the 4th.?
May Day and May the Fourth be with you - Star Wars Day!

If its a girl and born on May 4th, they'd definitely have to name her Leia. After all, her daddy actually almost was a stormtrooper in a Star Wars movie. The only reason they didn't appear in the movie was because William and Harry were too tall. :D

With Harry and Meghan living in close proximity to Windsor Castle, I don't think its that unusual that Granny stops by for a visit and a cup of tea every now and then.

From what I know, Sundays are the days she mostly would go visiting family and friends after church services. I think too that if there were any kind of plans for Baby Sussex to be born with a HRH, we'd have known about it long before now.

I never expected there to be any commemorative items put out for sale for the birth of Harry and Meghan's first child. One reason is that it seems clear that this child will not be born a HRH prince or princess. I don't believe there were any items sold for Louise and James' births either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never expected there to be any commemorative items put out for sale for the birth of Harry and Meghan's first child. One reason is that it seems clear that this child will not be born a HRH prince or princess. I don't believe there were any items sold for Louise and James' births either.
Exactly, and it's not the child of a future King.

The Royal Collection Trust will not be releasing official merchandise line to mark Meghan and Harry's baby's birth

https://www.scotsman.com/news/peopl...birth-1-4916876/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Which is extremely stupid to not have an official collection to commemorate the baby’s birth. Don’t they know the amount of money they would be making from this popular couple and popular baby? As I said before, so much has gone on to dull down the celebration of the Sussex pregnancy. Totally different than previous royal pregnancies. It’s not about the baby being seventh in line either. :bang:

^ Obviously this child is seen as important in the American world.. but here it really doesn't have major significance, not being 'in the main line' nor the child of a Monarch, nor heir...
Hence the rather low-key plans for it [on arrival]

Actually, if the Royal Collection Trust were to jump on the bandwagon and push out all kinds of merchandise for Baby Sussex's birth because of the money that could be made, it lessens the value and meaning behind the items. Perhaps there will be other outlets looking to capitalize on the birth but I feel its wise that the Royal Collection Trust didn't.

When we think about it, although Harry and Meghan are royal, as it stands right now, their child(ren) won't be at least until Charles is King if then.

Which is extremely stupid to not have an official collection to commemorate the baby’s birth. Don’t they know the amount of money they would be making from this popular couple and popular baby? As I said before, so much has gone on to dull down the celebration of the Sussex pregnancy. Totally different than previous royal pregnancies. It’s not about the baby being seventh in line either. :bang:

That's exactly why there won't be commemorative items. This baby will not be an HRH at birth, the parents have clearly signaled their intention that s/he will be more of a private individual, and no matter how many fans Harry and Meghan have, the baby is not in the direct line of succession, just like the Wessex children. Having commemorative items, no matter how profitable that might be, sends entirely the wrong signal and would undo a lot of the boundary setting Harry and Meghan have tried to establish.

Having commemorative items, no matter how profitable that might be, sends entirely the wrong signal and would undo a lot of the boundary setting Harry and Meghan have tried to establish.

Actually, I think the boundary setting is not just by H&M, but an overall co-ordinated strategy by BP / CH / KP.

Perhaps I'm misinformed, but I ordered last week my Royal Collection Trust baby teddy bear memorabilia for the Sussex baby. Cost me a almost $150.00, and it's now sold out. Some people are offering it on E-Bay at a mark-up of $600.00.

What is the difference between this and the ones in the past.

https://www.royalcollectionshop.co.uk/limited-edition-royal-baby-bear-2019.html

P.S. It was a limited Edition of only 100 teddy bears being offered, so I made sure I bought mine as soon as I saw it announced.

Guys, this isn’t about the line of succession. It’s dumb for the Royal Collection to not commemorate baby Sussex’s birth when there’s tons and tons of interest in this couple and this baby. They capitalized off other royal births, they could do the same here.

I think we’ve witnessed too much effort to dull down Meghan’s pregnancy. This suppose to be a royal celebration of life and it’s all been treated way too different for my liking. I’m not talking about the couple wish for privacy. I’m talking about the media side of things. Folks like me knows what’s this is about.

JMO, but having a baby is not/should not be about public entertainment. It is also, again IMO, not about profit. It's about family and to the extent that anyone in the BRF gets this I support them. :flowers:

You’re missing my point.

JMO, but having a baby is not/should not be about public entertainment. It is also, again IMO, not about profit. It's about family and to the extent that anyone in the BRF gets this I support them. :flowers:

Guys, this isn’t about the line of succession. It’s dumb for the Royal Collection to not commemorate baby Sussex’s birth when there’s tons and tons of interest in this couple and this baby. They capitalized off other royal births, they could do the same here.

I think we’ve witnessed too much effort to dull down Meghan’s pregnancy. This suppose to be a royal celebration of life and it’s all been treated way too different for my liking. I’m not talking about the couple wish for privacy. I’m talking about the media side of things. Folks like me knows what’s this is about.
What does the media have to do with the Royal Collection Trust?

Last edited:
I agree. People often ignore Harry and Meghan are relatively small cogs in the Queens and Charles media/press machine. They don’t make final decisions or dictate on matters that will effect Royal affair, image or the future . They are worked with and allowed leeway but only so far.

Perhaps I'm misinformed, but I ordered last week my Royal Collection Trust baby teddy bear memorabilia for the Sussex baby. Cost me a almost $150.00, and it's now sold out. Some people are offering it on E-Bay at a mark-up of $600.00.

What is the difference between this and the ones in the past.

https://www.royalcollectionshop.co.uk/limited-edition-royal-baby-bear-2019.html

P.S. It was a limited Edition of only 100 teddy bears being offered, so I made sure I bought mine as soon as I saw it announced.

This is a lovely teddy bear, and I am sure you will greatly enjoy it, but it does not mention the Sussex baby in any way. That is the difference from general merchandise sold through the Royal Collection shops, and products sold and branded to commemorate certain events.

I think we’ve witnessed too much effort to dull down Meghan’s pregnancy.

Really? What efforts do you think have been made? What would you have preferred "The Firm" to do that they have not?

This suppose to be a royal celebration of life and it’s all been treated way too different for my liking.

:ermm: I thought the debate was about what is sold in Palace shops and online?

Simply put, the Royal Collection Trust is a vast collection of treasures and artworks and items pertaining to British Kings and Queens and their families. Like many museums, popular items are reproduced and sold in various gift shops such as at Windsor Castle and Buckinham Palace. The proceeds from these sales help to fund keeping the Royal Collection intact and funded.

Baby Sussex is not being born "royal" and that's the difference why there is no commemorative items from this Trust. Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie have items still available that commemorate their births. They were born princesses of the blood. Peter, Zara, Louise and James do not.

The key word here is "royal" and as Baby Sussex isn't going to be born "royal", the Royal Collection Trust is passing this by.

Simply put, the Royal Collection Trust is a vast collection of treasures and artworks and items pertaining to British Kings and Queens and their families. Like many museums, popular items are reproduced and sold in various gift shops such as at Windsor Castle and Buckinham Palace. The proceeds from these sales help to fund keeping the Royal Collection intact and funded.

Baby Sussex is not being born "royal" and that's the difference why there is no commemorative items from this Trust. Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie have items still available that commemorate their births. They were born princesses of the blood. Peter, Zara, Louise and James do not.

The key word here is "royal" and as Baby Sussex isn't going to be born "royal", the Royal Collection Trust is passing this by.
The Royal Collection Trust is also part of the Royal Household and chaired by Prince Charles.

:previous: I agree, but was trying to avoid any implication that BP, CH, KP, etc. were somehow downplaying H and M's importance, since I believe that Harry and Meghan are fully on board with keeping their children as private citizens--at least for now.

I don't see the big deal. There is a generic bear with "Royal Baby 2019" which is an acknowledgement. This baby is not an HRH so I mean it is what it is.

Personally, I think the Sussexes would not mind at all if they can forego all media related to their baby. It's one thing when they are adults in front of the camera and dealing with the issues related to press. It's quite another to put a child into that position.

And I do think they are doing this for those that have supported them and their causes. It's the same as with their wedding, they are trying to find a balance between the two. Giving access, but still maintaining order and the essence of the day. One of my favorite photographs from that day was the photo from inside the church of the couple kissing and people at the bottom of the steps cheering them on. It was a lovely sight as opposed to the long lenses that would've been in that photo had they not limited the number of photogs there.

I am thinking we should see the arrival of Baby Sussex between now and the 12th. Perhaps this coming weekend.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom