Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she is due this Saturday, April 27, that would have made her 12 weeks on Eugenie's wedding, and late April/Early May delivery. I think she's due today, more likely.
Maybe things are less aggressive in the UK, but letting an advanced maternal age first time mother go to 42 weeks would not be typical in the US, more like concern after a few days over. and I doubt they would let one go more than a week.

Going to 42 weeks in the US isn't uncommon at all. It does seem very much to depend on the health and wellbeing of the mother and child, and possibly, the philosophy of the health provider. It may also be a regional thing.

Edited to add: I see you are specifically referencing the advanced maternal age, and you may be right on that, considering Meghan's age.

Last edited:
Going to 42 weeks in the US isn't uncommon at all. It does seem very much to depend on the health and wellbeing of the mother and child, and possibly, the philosophy of the health provider. It may also be a regional thing.

Edited to add: I see you are specifically referencing the advanced maternal age, and you may be right on that, considering Meghan's age.

I was a geriatric first time mother. As long as mom's blood pressure, blood sugar, baby's heartbeat, etc remain good they can let the pregnancy continue its natural course. Some doctors don't but many do let things progress naturally. It is not inherently dangerous to go over 40 weeks even as a geriatric first time mother--so long as the mother and baby don't show signs of distress.

Last edited:
A question from a woman who has never had children: Is it the case that the longer they are in there, the larger they get? If that is so, I would think that once past the due date it would be wise in the case of a first time mother in her late 30s to get the baby out ASAP.

A question from a woman who has never had children: Is it the case that the longer they are in there, the larger they get? If that is so, I would think that once past the due date it would be wise in the case of a first time mother in her late 30s to get the baby out ASAP.

They do get continue to grow, but babies are very individual. My two children were born exactly the same amount of time after their due date. My daughter weighed 6 lbs 13 ounces, my son weighed 8 pounds 5 ounces. A little extra time doesn't hurt.

Sometimes medical intervention is desirable but it need not be automatic.

The placenta can begin to degrade or the uterus can lose amniotic fluid as the pregnancy goes longer, so those things among other conditions are monitored. Meghan will probably be checked weekly through 40 weeks and at least twice a week after that if she goes longer.

Last edited:
So if Meghan goes into labour at like 2am would the press be notified or would they just announce around, say 7am, that she gave birth overnight?

I am still rooting for this week. Maybe we will be blessed tomorrow.

Ready to meet you Baby Sussex!

I am obsessively checking the news every time I wake up, and I'm sure most everyone here is doing the same! Come on out, Baby Sussex! We have cookies.... ;):flowers:

At her due date, the doctors will perform an internal examination. If she is starting to dilate, they may proceed to induce. In most cases, they wait until 41 weeks. If she hasn't dilated, they will induce at 41 weeks. The reason is there is a higher risk for maternal complications and higher stillborn risk from 41 weeks.
Is that the case in the UK or in Australia? It seems that practices around giving birth vary considerably between countries.

In any case I am sure they will take care of both mother and child the best they can, as they would (hopefully) do with any mother and child.

I am obsessively checking the news every time I wake up, and I'm sure most everyone here is doing the same! Come on out, Baby Sussex! We have cookies.... ;):flowers:
I think today was the day I came to the Royal Forums the most times:flowers: I come back like from 15 and 15 min or so. I confess that I feel a bit exhausted. PLEASE baby, everybody is eager to meet you on this world!!

Is that the case in the UK or in Australia? It seems that practices around giving birth vary considerably between countries.

In any case I am sure they will take care of both mother and child the best they can, as they would (hopefully) do with any mother and child.

I'm in Aus, but my obgyn said that the US and UK follow a similar guideline. I did question him when I was pregnant. He said the major contributing factor is health and age of the mother. He said he was comfortable allowing me to go beyond 41 weeks with my first because I was 30. If I had been over 35, he would have induced me at 40 weeks.

I know from experience on the nurse side, varies from doctor to doctor. Many don't like to allow a woman to go past 10 days without inducing. And things like age of the mother certainly weigh in on that.

Mark my words: as soon as I sign off tonight and go on a social media blackout to avoid seeing spoilers for a movie that I won't be able to see until Sunday, Meghan will go into labor.

I know from experience on the nurse side, varies from doctor to doctor. Many don't like to allow a woman to go past 10 days without inducing. And things like age of the mother certainly weigh in on that.

I'm liking how things are done now with doctors keeping a close watch on mom and baby but preferring a natural childbirth with other solutions in the wings should they be needed.

Back when I had my kids, my ob/gyn wouldn't deliver a natural childbirth and I had a spinal block with all three of mine. Probably what caused an onset of severe migraines after I gave birth too. This was back in the 70s and the use of drugs for labor and delivery were the norm.

I'm sure that Meghan's obstetrician is keeping a very close eye on both momma and baby and assuring that everything is as it should be and close by when needed.

Hmm, cookies or warm water bed. Ah, the choices of life.

Here’s an article about overdue pregnancies including some of the risks to baby and mom
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...-week/in-depth/overdue-pregnancy/art-20048287
The article said one factor that might cause going longer than due date was having a boy - I’d never heard/read that!

As an experienced L&D nurse I would agree.

By the way, I hate to burst a few bubbles but Baby Sussex watch can probably go on for the next 2.5 weeks.
Meghan said she was due late April/early May.
Let's assume Meghan turns 40 weeks on May 2nd. With a due date of May 2nd Meghan could go another 2 weeks past her due date assuming she, the baby, and her placenta are fine. That would take us to May 16th.
For this forum's sake I hope it does it take that long, but it's worth considering ....

Harry has just been added to the list of attendees for today's Anzac Day service at Westminster Abbey.

Biggest indicator that Baby Sussex is due any day (I'm guessing within the week), otherwise he would have been included in the original attendees announcement.

Harry has just been added to the list of attendees for today's Anzac Day service at Westminster Abbey.

Biggest indicator that Baby Sussex is due any day (I'm guessing within the week), otherwise he would have been included in the original attendees announcement.

I guess it also means that it is unlikely the baby will be born today.

I think you can safely assume that!!
Besides what is the point, when your baby is expected late April/beginning of May. You are not overdue!!!

But...if Meghan had had her 12 week scan by Eugenie's wedding, that would make her at 40 weeks now, as October 12th was 28 weeks ago tomorrow. So that would make her due any time now, depending on the actual date of the scan. I do think she is overdue.

She will be overdue, when still pregnant in the second week of May.
And even then, you can wait for a natural birth as long as you and the baby are in a good condition (placenta)
My daughter had her first child at week 43+2. A perfect natural birth.

I think Meghan is due this week but clearly not today. I’m going with Saturday!

Why to worry? During the next month the baby will be born.

Well, the day is still young enough. :lol: My guess is that if she wasn’t in labor by mid morning, they figured he can still be notified in time in case she goes into labor while he’s gone.

Plenty of moms have fast labors, so she could still deliver today, with no indication early in the day.

Signed,
Never had labor more than four hours.

Plenty of moms have fast labors, so she could still deliver today, with no indication early in the day.

Signed,

Yes, there's no predicting how long labor is going to last. From a couple of hours to 48 or so, it's all very individual.

Signed,

Lucky you. I also had a friend deliver within 3 hours of her water breaking. But I do agree that I don't think Harry would be at Anzac day services if she was having baby today. I think that doctors checked her yesterday and today and determined that she's still "cooking" baby, so it was safe for him to be away for a few hours.

However, you are right, things could happen pretty fast in these circumstances.

Last edited:
I doubt Harry would be going to a service if his firstborn child was due today. It´s not as if Meghan and him have been through this before. It´s new for them both and I have a hunch that Harry will want to be by her side throughout the whole ordeal.

I doubt Harry would be going to a service if his firstborn child was due today. It´s not as if Meghan and him have been through this before. It´s new for them both and I have a hunch that Harry will want to be by her side throughout the whole ordeal.

I think Meghan would send him off to work if he was hovering and fussing.?

There's not much for him to do until Meghan goes into labor. And as her mom is there, she has support until he could get home. The only thing we can determine from Harry attending the service today is Meghan's medical team does not anticipate an imminent arrival of Baby Sussex-due date or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom