Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be a ceremonial easel on the gates of Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle when the announcement comes down? You see, a lot of this stuff we knew in previous royal births.

Will there be a ceremonial easel on the gates of Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle when the announcement comes down? You see, a lot of this stuff we knew in previous royal births.

I am not sure considering the baby won’t be an HRH ( yet).

The statement said:
"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very grateful for the goodwill they have received from people throughout the United Kingdom and around the world as they prepare to welcome their baby. Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private. The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family."

It doesn't say anything about letting the public know when Meghan has gone into labor.

Unless there was a subsequent statement, it is reasonable to conclude that the public will be notified only *after* the Duchess has given birth.

That’s the official public statement. There’s more info the Royal Rota Press got from their Palace briefing. We’re gonna get the announcement of the labor, birth and a couple of days later, we’ll get the family photo opportunity. The press railing will go up at Windsor once the labor announcement comes.

I am not sure considering the baby won’t be an HRH ( yet).

Well, it’s still a royal birth. I would think the easel should be expected.

Last edited:
The statement said:
"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very grateful for the goodwill they have received from people throughout the United Kingdom and around the world as they prepare to welcome their baby. Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private. The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family."

It doesn't say anything about letting the public know when Meghan has gone into labor.

Unless there was a subsequent statement, it is reasonable to conclude that the public will be notified only *after* the Duchess has given birth.

There was official operational notes beyond that. They weren't allowed to share it with the public. Except someone didn't follow the rules and shared it. Everything is basically the same as the Cambridges birth except on the where, how, and when the photos will take place.

The statement said:

There was "unauthorised" information that got leaked from the German press. Basically, BP sent out an Operational note to the media. Some of the information was embargoed. They will let the press/public know as soon as she goes into labor, and then will open the grounds on the Long Walk for the Press. The grounds will be open for 3 days.

A few days after birth, 1 PA photographer, 1 PA reporter and 1 camera will be given access to the couple on the grounds of Windsor Castle.

Again, all of this was embargoed, but it got "accidentally" leaked on German news program.

JuliannaVictoria shared this after the German press leak.

„It was announced in official BP letterhead that the press will be notified when she goes into labor. Although, that was supposed to be embargoed, so all of them were saying the impression they get is it'll be announced until it was leaked by a German outlet.“
What‘s the source of this? Germany does not care about the time the Duchesss goes into labour and it was not leaked. Can you please verify what you are writing?

„It was announced in official BP letterhead that the press will be notified when she goes into labor. Although, that was supposed to be embargoed, so all of them were saying the impression they get is it'll be announced until it was leaked by a German outlet.“
What‘s the source of this? Germany does not care about the time the Duchesss goes into labour and it was not leaked. Can you please verify what you are writing?

Omid told someone that the German media was not supposed to share it with the public.

RR confirmed that the embargoed information was not supposed to be shared, and afterwards many RR mentioned this was actually how it's going to be.

There are international news organizations ready to pounce when the DoS gives birth; Germany is not exempt from that.

Can anyone share a source for this information or provide a link?

The original tweet regarding the leak by the German media was actually by a user named Christin Zi, who tweeted the following:

German media (accidentally?) published the whole "Operational Note" from Royal Communications.

Some more infos from todays announcement
Source:

There was a screenshot in the tweet.

Omid Scobie replied to the thread, stating that the screenshot was an embargoed part of the operational note:

Christin later posted the following:
I took a screenshot on my laptop when I watched the broadcast live this afternoon. The contribution isn’t available online
Source:

Last edited:
So, in an article today in Harper's Bazaar, Omid Scobie confirms that Meghan's mom, Doria, has been at Windsor since last week, in anticipation of the baby's arrival:

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a27231716/meghan-markle-prince-harry-work-in-africa/

"'[The Sussexes] have just moved into a beautiful new home and are focused on family life,' says a close confidante of Meghan, who notes that the duchess' mother, Doria Ragland, has been a guest at Frogmore Cottage since Tuesday, April 16. 'They’re not thinking about anything else right now...'"

It's officially the 24th now. So, Baby Sussex won't share his/her birthday with cousin Louis.

I confess that I'm starting to feel a bit anxious. I remember we all felt this way with Charlotte, since everyone believed she would be born in April. It was...one more day and...nothing...one more day and...nothing...it was fun and frustrating at the same time.

Meghan did say April/May, so there is that.

April is not over yet. There's still about six days to go. I think we can rest assured that Meghan and 'baby bump' are enjoying peace, quiet and a fine old time with her dogs, her husband, and her dear Mom, Doria, at newly renovated Frogmore Cottage. I really wish we could get a glimpse inside at the refurbishments. But it will never happen while they're living there. So we just have to use our imaginations.

It must be such a joyful time for them, with closest and dearest friends and family dropping by or checking in every now and then, and with Meghan's doctors on alert. ?

I’m wondering if there will be a gun salute after the birth of Baby Sussex?

Given that a gun salute is for royal births only there probably won't be one in this case since the child, unless The Queen decides otherwise, won't be born a royal.

The way Meghan, Harry and Doria will be feeling after the birth, none of them will need a 'gun salute.' Fireworks will be going off inside each of them for sure, with silly grins galore, lots of laughter, lots of happy tears, and lots of thankfulness. ?

?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to predict that Baby Sussex will be born on April 25th. Why? I'm always sleeping when the blessed events happens and hits the news and this Thursday I'm going to be totally out of it under anesthesia (simple testing procedure) and will be out of commission for most of the day. Go figure.

I am going to predict that Baby Sussex will be born on April 25th. Why? I'm always sleeping when the blessed events happens and hits the news and this Thursday I'm going to be totally out of it under anesthesia (simple testing procedure) and will be out of commission for most of the day. Go figure.

I think I agree with you. I always predict things for my birthday, and they always happen the day before or after. Louis was day before. When my little cousin was born I wanted her on my birthday, was born at 12:06 am the day after. I wont be shocked if it is Thursday. :lol:

My mother would be tickled if Baby Sussex was born on her birthday.

I have several meetings scheduled for Thursday. So chances are good it’ll be Thursday. :lol:

I’m honestly just ready for this baby to get here so I can stop guessing and checking twitter first thing in the morning and have a heart attack at the slightest discussion about the baby and scroll furiously to see if I missed an announcement. :lol:

You are all real sweetcakes! But it's true - with Meghan pregnant it's a bit as when it was Diana with William (so long ago and I was so young), we all held our breath. While with Catherine and William himself it was more like: duty well done, Ma'am, Sir and off they went.

Yep, I'm going away next Wednesday for a week or so...that's the time it will come. Always happens!

I reckon right about now Meghan is relaxed with her feet up most of the time. Doria will have butterflies knowing that babies have their own sense of timing and poor poor Harry must be trying really hard to remain calm and poised and acting normally while instead his insides are even rejecting a Big Mac.

After the babies birth I think he will collapse from exhaustion from putting up a good relaxed front to everyone around him.
Doria will be the voice of reason reassuring Meghan.

The original tweet regarding the leak by the German media was actually by a user named Christin Zi, who tweeted the following:

There was a screenshot in the tweet.

Omid Scobie replied to the thread, stating that the screenshot was an embargoed part of the operational note:

Christin later posted the following:

So you try to proove with saying that somebody has heard something from somebody..... this is anything but serious ?
Excuse me, but feel reassured that no, absolutely no serious German media would mention details of a baby birth if royal or not, in any way. The German Tv f.e. is funded from tax and far away from sending royal gossip from Uk or anywhere else.
There are of course media like yellow press who like to share speculations and all that silly things, like in Britin or even here in the forum. The sources mentioned above are private twitter accounts and can hardly give proof in a serious scientific manner.
Have a nice day,maybe +1 for Britain? ?

TMZ is reporting Dad is not going to the UK because the BRF has iced him out

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tm...thomas-not-going-london-royal-baby-mom-doria/

Still blaming others for his poor choices. For three years Dad Jr and Sam have proven they will spill personal and malicious tea for the right price. And for other other gossip about the royals going now they can't be trusted to be quiet and not go to the press to tell what they heard. That also makes them security risks. In response to Lettergate Dad showed a reporter Meghan's phone number as proof of no contact from her. What would prevent him or the sibs from blabbing the security details of Frogmore? Doria is staying at Frogmore because she is discreet. Closed mouths get fed.

Basically all TMZ is reporting is something we already know and take as fact due to poor behavior in the past by these people. Its no great surprise. :D

So you try to proove with saying that somebody has heard something from somebody..... this is anything but serious [emoji23]
Excuse me, but feel reassured that no, absolutely no serious German media would mention details of a baby birth if royal or not, in any way. The German Tv f.e. is funded from tax and far away from sending royal gossip from Uk or anywhere else.
There are of course media like yellow press who like to share speculations and all that silly things, like in Britin or even here in the forum. The sources mentioned above are private twitter accounts and can hardly give proof in a serious scientific manner.
Have a nice day,maybe +1 for Britain? [emoji846]
You asked where it came from. I explained. This isn't science, it's history. Perhaps you should consider that if you continue to meet honest and kind attempts to answer your questions with insulting slap backs, your future questions on this forum are likely to be met with silence or suggestions that you figure it out yourself.

So you try to proove with saying that somebody has heard something from somebody..... this is anything but serious ��
Have a nice day,maybe +1 for Britain? ��

Believe what you want but the information is accurate and was confirmed by other sources once it was leaked.
The birth of a baby in the immediate BRF is news and not gossip. Many international news agencies are and will report on it. The baby itself is not gossip.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tm...thomas-not-going-london-royal-baby-mom-doria/

Still blaming others for his poor choices. For three years Dad Jr and Sam have proven they will spill personal and malicious tea for the right price. And for other other gossip about the royals going now they can't be trusted to be quiet and not go to the press to tell what they heard. That also makes them security risks. In response to Lettergate Dad showed a reporter Meghan's phone number as proof of no contact from her. What would prevent him or the sibs from blabbing the security details of Frogmore? Doria is staying at Frogmore because she is discreet. Closed mouths get fed.

I don’t know why anyone even wants to bother with giving these two any space. Nothing has changed in their attitude or behavior and I’m tired of hearing anything about them.

Last edited by a moderator:

And...water is wet. This lot is way past their expiration date.

Can we please stop bringing anything about Markles unless there is actually new information? Who cares at this point? And no, it does not have anything to do with security risk because it doesn’t even need to get that far in consideration. He’s not there because Meghan doesn’t want him there. And who can blame her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom