Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get it. We will see Baby Sussex within days. They acting like they will be 100% in the dark. This whining is just dumb. They don't owe you every aspect f their life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't get it. We will see Baby Sussex within days. They acting like they will be 100% in the dark. This whining is just dumb. They don't owe you every aspect f their life.

I agree. It’s just that folks really wanted that annual hospital show like previous royal births. The idea of this couple deciding not to give the same royal show have twisted some noses out of joint...

The advantage with the hospital steps version is that it gets it over and done with. Kate seems to have easy deliveries and, even with George, she was outside and on show for a maximum of 5 minutes. Then she went home and that was it for the press.

What I don't understand is opening the Long Walk to press and public. If they're not going to see anything why would they bother? Has anyone explained this?

What I don't understand is opening the Long Walk to press and public. If they're not going to see anything why would they bother? Has anyone explained this?

This allows them a controlled are to set up and report live from there since they can't set up outside of a hospital. It makes sense since the photocall will be at Windsor Castle and they live in Frogmore Cottage. I think that's much nicer and less disruptive to others than just have them outside whatever hospital she goes to (as far as I know, home birth is only a rumor because they can't find out where she's having the baby).

On another note, I don't why people are complaining celebrating privately first. All announcements are always delayed by a few hours at least so that family members can be notified first before sharing with the rest of the world. It's not new at all. They will announce when she goes into labor. They will announce again after she's given birth with the details since the timing of it also affects how long Long Walk will be set up to allow media to report from. The photocall will come in the days after the birth. I'm assuming they left that open ended a little bit to give some wiggle room to see how mom and baby are feeling. The only difference is it'll be in a more controlled environment than a frenzy. We'll all get the photos and likely much better quality to be frank.

Last edited:

I think the idea is that they’re giving the press a designated place to be able to do their television “stand ups” that looks royal and “on the scene,” while also robbing them of excuses for camping out around area hospitals just in case. It also creates a place where press officers can go out and chat off the record with the press to disseminate details the BRF doesn’t mind being out there but prefers not to officially announce.

I personally suspect it also means that, despite all the rumors of a home birth, that Meghan is planning on delivering at a hospital and they’ll give the press a chance at some bonus photos by driving home along the Long Walk.

I personally suspect it also means that, despite all the rumors of a home birth, that Meghan is planning on delivering at a hospital and they’ll give the press a chance at some bonus photos by driving home along the Long Walk.

I have to say, that's crossed my mind.

The advantage with the hospital steps version is that it gets it over and done with. Kate seems to have easy deliveries and, even with George, she was outside and on show for a maximum of 5 minutes. Then she went home and that was it for the press.

Opening up the Long Walk is simply for logistics - this way Windsor (the town proper) won't see its infrastructure affected by news crews and production trucks. This is the usual manner of doing things whenever there is an event at Windsor.

Last edited:
Once again a number of posts have been deleted. This thread is not about the media and their relationship with the Sussexes. Let’s please stay on-topic.

Oh that makes sense, thank you.

The Long Walk set up makes sense. The media will all still report so having a designated spot is logical.

I was wondering something. Since the Queen has moved her court to Windsor for the Easter holiday, will the official notice of birth (the one placed on an easel or announced by a town crier be done at Windsor Castle instead of Buckingham Palace?

I saw that for Louis' birth, it was stated that "Additionally, a large Union Flag was also raised over Buckingham Palace, and a State Standard flag has been raised over Windsor Castle to mark the birth of the couple’s third child, the fifth in line to the throne.".

https://www.brit.co/official-royal-baby-announcement-buckingham-palace/

If I'm remembering right, at the end of the Long Walk there is a gate that leads into the Castle grounds itself. It would be a prime spot to place an announcement and hence why the Long Walk will be opened to the press and the public once Meghan goes into labor. With an impending announcement done this way, people that want to be in the thick of things can do so without disrupting the town of Windsor itself.

I actually like the way Harry and Meghan are doing things. They *are* including the public and the press that care to stand guard waiting and waiting for the birth but its done in a very controlled manner as not to disrupt everyday life and doesn't infringe on the new family until the new family is ready to face the world.

Maybe if I go and take a long nap, I'll wake up to some baby news. :D

In approximately 3 hours, I will be on a two week Easter break, so major baby watching time for me.

Is there anyone else whose brought a bottle of bubbly to celebrate Baby Sussex?

Oh! I've got the bubbly for sure only its sparkling, fizzy coconut water. :D

Most likely though as, from experience, I'll wake up to the baby news after a long sleep, I'll be drinking coffee. Go figure.

^^^^^ Hmm, chocolate Easter Eggs and bubbly, two of my favourite things.

I’m sure everyone is going nuts by looking for any official news from twitter and other media outlets on their phones and iPads. That big news shall be announced soon, so we just have to keep check everything as much as possible.

I know Harry and Meghan must be getting themselves ready like John Ritter and Amy Yasbeck’s characters on that episode of The Cosby Show. Doing those heavy breathing exercises.

Each time I open this thread or Harry and Meghan's Instagram account has a new post, I get excited and scroll down in the hopes of a birth announcement only to find none. Baby Sussex is testing our sanity :lol:

It's too soon IMO....after the 20th is when I'll start paying attention.

LaRae

In approximately 3 hours, I will be on a two week Easter break, so major baby watching time for me.

Is there anyone else whose brought a bottle of bubbly to celebrate Baby Sussex?
Nope but my sister in law could very well give birth the same day as Meghan so we're going to toast to our little niece/granddaughter that is going to be in our family soon. :bounce:

I have a feeling both Meghan and my SIL still have a couple more days to go before the sleepless nights begin.

Nope but my sister in law could very well give birth the same day as Meghan so we're going to toast to our little niece/granddaughter that is going to be in our family soon. :bounce:

I have a feeling both Meghan and my SIL still have a couple more days to go before the sleepless nights begin.

Awe, congratulations to your family. I hope that both your SIL and Meghan have a safe delivery.

I was wondering something. Since the Queen has moved her court to Windsor for the Easter holiday, will the official notice of birth (the one placed on an easel or announced by a town crier be done at Windsor Castle instead of Buckingham Palace?

The "town crier" isn't official, just a guy who loves to do that kind of thing and takes it upon himself. Who knows where he might show up this time!

That's a good question about the easel, though. The queen has moved to Windsor, but the bulk of the staff surely stay at BP regardless, right? And BP is still seen as the primary seat of power, no matter where she may be? So that would be an argument for BP. But the press who would like to get that shot will be at Windsor, so that's an argument for that. But is the easel more for the crowds who come to BP every day for the changing of the guard, etc? It will be an interesting little detail to see.

I would assume the easel (if that even happens) would be at BP.

This is a busy weekend in Windsor for the royals. If Harry and Meghan have the baby in the next few days they will have a lot of visitors. LOL

Last edited:
They are even opening up the Long Walk for the media the minute it is announced Meghan is in labour. They said there will be 1 reporter, photographer, and 1 camera operator allowed for the press.

Has this been announced? Sorry, I have been away for a week weeks, so just catching up.

Has this been announced? Sorry, I have been away for a week weeks, so just catching up.

It was released as a part of the operational notes from BP last week. The details on Long Walk and announcement of labor was supposed to be embargoed. A German outlet "accidentally" released the whole thing.

Apparently, Royal Rota also said there is great interest from Germany on this. Which kind of surprised me.

Will be interesting to see if The Sussexes make an appearance with the Queen and family for Easter services.

LaRae

Will be interesting to see if The Sussexes make an appearance with the Queen and family for Easter services.

LaRae

Honestly think they should just stay home given how close it's to end of April, which is what Meghan said her due date was.

The "town crier" isn't official, just a guy who loves to do that kind of thing and takes it upon himself. Who knows where he might show up this time!

That's a good question about the easel, though. The queen has moved to Windsor, but the bulk of the staff surely stay at BP regardless, right? And BP is still seen as the primary seat of power, no matter where she may be? So that would be an argument for BP. But the press who would like to get that shot will be at Windsor, so that's an argument for that. But is the easel more for the crowds who come to BP every day for the changing of the guard, etc? It will be an interesting little detail to see.

I'm always amazed that the guy dressed as a town crier is allowed to just walk up to the top of the hospital steps unchallenged. He has no official pass to be there and I sometimes wonder if the police standing at the doors are fully aware of this because of how he is dressed. At the last birth he just pulled up in a taxi and walked up to the doors and no one said a word to him.

Last edited:
It was released as a part of the operational notes from BP last week. The details on Long Walk and announcement of labor was supposed to be embargoed. A German outlet "accidentally" released the whole thing.

Apparently, Royal Rota also said there is great interest from Germany on this. Which kind of surprised me.

Many thanks

LaRae

Harry has never really participated and I don't see him doing it this year so close to his child's due date. I could be wrong but I think it is unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom