Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The announcement of Meghan being in labour? I would think that'd come from the royal family twitter account, yeah? Not sure that is something they would announce on instagram.

It was just a passing-by-comment, nothing much to read into, but I read that the announcement will be posted on their Instagram account first since it's just taken off recently which is why I mentioned the account - otherwise I'd have said an official announcement from Buckingham Palace.

As a Labor & Delivery nurse I am not particularly fond of home births or birthing Center births. However I do respect each woman's right to choose. Meghan can get away with a home birth because:

1. She has the best health care team at her disposal.
2. It seems the only health risk she has is her age.
3. There are helicopters and air ambulances at her disposal should anything go wrong or take a turn for the worse.

So for those reasons I wouldn't call her decision negligent or risky.

I will say, the BRF having a helicopter is probably why I would think there is a possibility of home birth. I’m sure she’ll be called extravagant if she needs it or if it’s speculated as available, but it is what it is with the BRF.

I will say, the BRF having a helicopter is probably why I would think there is a possibility of home birth. I’m sure she’ll be called extravagant if she needs it or if it’s speculated as available, but it is what it is with the BRF.

Unless the helicopter is sitting on the grass at Frogmore waiting to be used if needed, helicopter isn't going to help any quicker.

There are hospitals only minutes away from Frogmore. BMI The Princess Margaret is about five minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on the country. In my country 40 weeks is full term, as the medics start counting from the first day of the last menstruation. In countries that start counting from the (supposed) day of ovulation, it is 38 weeks.
I don't know how they count in the UK.

In the UK full term is between the 38th and 42nd week after the first day of the last normal menstrual period. My comment was intended to be simply that 36 weeks is a bit on the early side not to start a debate on the definition of full term.

The baby will come when it’s ready. In my experience as a midwife for 15 years (although not recently) babies are not very good at counting weeks:)

In the UK full term is between the 38th and 42nd week after the first day of the last normal menstrual period. My comment was intended to be simply that 36 weeks is a bit on the early side not to start a debate on the definition of full term.

The baby will come when it’s ready. In my experience as a midwife for 15 years (although not recently) babies are not very good at counting weeks[emoji2]
So, the same counting system as here. Yes, babies a notoriously bad at counting. [emoji6]

As a Labor & Delivery nurse I am not particularly fond of home births or birthing Center births. However I do respect each woman's right to choose. Meghan can get away with a home birth because:

1. She has the best health care team at her disposal.
2. It seems the only health risk she has is her age.
3. There are helicopters and air ambulances at her disposal should anything go wrong or take a turn for the worse.

So for those reasons I wouldn't call her decision negligent or risky.

It's possible she'll have give birth at home but with medical equipment present. In several Canadian provinces, midwives (trained medical professionals, not lay midwives) offer homebirth to women who've had normal pregnancies and regular prenatal care, and most provinces require a second attendant midwife or midwifery student to be present at the birth (I believe only 1 province doesn't legislate a second attendant). They bring medical equipment and medication to the home:
"The Colleges of Midwives in regulated provinces issue a list of essential equipment, which includes fetal Dopplers, stethoscopes, blood pressure cuffs, oxygen tanks, bags and masks for resuscitation, drugs to stop hemorrhaging, IV bags to treat bleeding, and medication should stitches be required." (source)

This is so exciting. So the initiative #GlobalSussexBabyShower is still going strong. Harry and Meghan have acknowledged the good the online baby shower generated. Today, they posted on their Instagram the impact in one week with some of the charities.

Here is the link below:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwR0wNFB1KI/

Hello,
I am new here and wondering if anybody else thinks that Meghan is going to have a caeserean like many many actresses and especially women in the US choose to do.
After reading all that fuss about mentioning that the birth will not be mentioned immediatley... it seemed even clearer to me that the reason is a little help from a surgeon...
Home birth is a good option especially when being so priveliged and help is near in case....
I really do NOT understand why hiding, why not share the joy after birth like any other woman does?
������
We will have to await it��

Last edited:
Hello,
I am new here and wondering if anybody else thinks that Meghan is gping to have a caeserean like many many actresses and especially women in the US chosse to do.
After rading all that fuss about mentioning that the birth will not be mentioned immediatley... it seemed even clearer to me that the reason is a little help from a surgeon...
Home birth is a good option especially when being so priveliged and help is near in case....
I really do NOT understand why hiding, why not share the joy after birth like any other woman does?
������

It will be announce by the BRF when she goes into labor. They will not tell where she had the baby until they make they announcement of sex, weight, etc.

BTW...that is a false narrative that many American women choose to have a C-section. Some may not have an option, and vaginal birth is still the preference of choice here.

This is just my opinion but from what I know about Meghan, I believe that having a c-section by choice goes against the person she is. I'm more inclined to think that she'll insist on a natural birth (with perhaps techniques for childbirth with yoga) as much as medically possible with assistance with drugs or a c-section as a very last resort if it is deemed necessary for the welfare of the child and mother.

I don't see this birth being hidden either. They've announced what the plan is surrounding the birth of their child and to be honest, I don't blame them for wanting to avoid the craziness of the public and the media. They're taking a middle road where they're keeping the birth as private as they can but directing the presentation of the child to the world in their own way much like they controlled the coverage of their wedding. Since the very beginning, they've been drawing red lines in the sands to denote the separation from their public life and their private lives. In my eyes, they've got the right idea.

We will know when Meghan goes into labor as they'll open up the Long Walk in Windsor during that time and they've arranged for one photographer, one camera and one reporter to cover a photo op to be given once the baby is here and they've caught their breath after the delivery.

Looking forward to that! :D

Thanks for your comment.
Sorry, of course it is not only us women who chose so more and more it is the same in Europe and this is a fact (I should know best Med.)

Thank you, too.
„Think“ is the wrong expression, I just wanted to add a realistic option.
Hope the baby and mother can have a healthy and non-stessing birth.

The rest is difficult to understand but who knows the reasons behind it.
Making things differently is not always the better choice, she will have to learn that it is not only privilege but duty and service to the people being a member of the rf.
Nice to read from others here. Have a nice evening.

The rest is difficult to understand but who knows the reasons behind it. Making things differently is not always the better choice, she will have to learn that it is not only privilege but duty and service to the people being a member of the rf.

There is a huge misconception abounding that this is all to be laid at Meghan's feet about the decisions made. IMO, it is a joint decision made by *both* Harry and Meghan and I'd wager my last gummy bear that the Queen was also consulted and has assented to the plan seeing as the scheduled photo op after the birth will take place in Windsor Castle grounds.

If we really think about it, what the birth of the Sussex baby shows is not a break from tradition but a return to how things used to be done. The Queen delivered all her children at Buckingham Palace privately in the comfort of her own home.

After the turbulence of the 90s, I do not blame *any* of the BRF for taking a stance on keeping the public and media strictly away from their private lives. Its taking measures to preserve their family life and their sanity. ?

At the time HM deliverd home birth was a most usual thing,
that makes a difference.

Please note that speculative and unnecessary posts have been edited/deleted.

Hello,
I am new here and wondering if anybody else thinks that Meghan is going to have a caeserean like many many actresses and especially women in the US choose to do.
After reading all that fuss about mentioning that the birth will not be mentioned immediatley... it seemed even clearer to me that the reason is a little help from a surgeon...
������
IMO we have become greedy and seem to have lost the ability to recognise boundaries. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex may be "public figures" but we are not entitled to the intimate details of their "private lives".

Don't get me wrong, I'm just as big a sucker for a photo of a newborn royal baby as anyone else but, and for me it is a very big but, every time I have seen a member of the BRF holding their newborn I cringed at the barrage of flashes from cameras and worried about what sort of damage it could do both to the eyes and the psyche. Hardly a gentle entry into the world and when you think of the money spent on the private room with soft light it's a bit counterintuitive to walk outside into a barrage of noise shouting and flashes. I think having a pool photographer is a great idea and, to be honest, we will get much better photos.

I actually don't think that Meghan has opted for a home birth even though birth was only turned into a "medical condition" instead of an "interesting condition" last century. Progress and education have made it safer to have a child so it seems logical that home births are safer too. However, we can never tell and there are facilities that recognise that women would rather have their child in a natural way in a less clinical environment but knowing the wonders of medical science are there if needed.

Thank you, too.
„Think“ is the wrong expression, I just wanted to add a realistic option.
Hope the baby and mother can have a healthy and non-stessing birth.

The rest is difficult to understand but who knows the reasons behind it.
Making things differently is not always the better choice, she will have to learn that it is not only privilege but duty and service to the people being a member of the rf.

She doesn't have a Duty to parade around a day after the baby is born :bang:

Yes she has a duty, and the public have the right to see the baby. That doesn't mean that they have to do it the way Kate and others have done. They will announce the birth of the baby, release a photo and then they will have a photo call for the public as well. We will get better photos this way then on the steps of the hospital.

Btw, let’s remember that even when they do the hospital photos, it’s not always the day of or the next day. Releasing mothers the same day is still a relatively new, and at times debatable, practice. Waiting a few days is nothing new.

Last edited:
The Queen has always been very much alive to her duty to her country and the Crown I believe. However, neither she nor her sister gave birth to their children in hospital, nor showed them off a day or so afterwards. Nor did any of their ancestors.

It was Princess Anne who 'did things differently' for the first time when Peter Philliips was born. I can't see how this somehow turned into some ancient tradition that every Royal mother must follow, even if others did. Everyone in that situation should do what they feel comfortable with doing, IMO.

I heard on the news this morning that the paps are watching to see when Doria leaves for London. Then they will know the birth is close, it said..
Poor Doria having to put up with all this nonsense.

The Queen has always been very much alive to her duty to her country and the Crown I believe. However, neither she nor her sister gave birth to their children in hospital, nor showed them off a day or so afterwards. Nor did any of their ancestors.

It was Princess Anne who 'did things differently' for the first time when Peter Philliips was born. I can't see how this somehow turned into some ancient tradition that every Royal mother must follow, even if others did. Everyone in that situation should do what they feel comfortable with doing, IMO.

Margaret had elective C-sections for both David and Sarah, so she must have had to go to the hospital.

Margaret had elective C-sections for both David and Sarah, so she must have had to go to the hospital.

Not neccesarily. Both Elizabeth and Margaret were born by C-section at home. I have read some speculation Elizabeth's were as well, but no confirmation.

David is said to have been born at Clarence house, and Sarah at Kensington.

Royals have the doctors, medicine and everything else to have a home C-section though I doubt it would be recommended now a days.

I heard on the news this morning that the paps are watching to see when Doria leaves for London. Then they will know the birth is close, it said..

& TBH I find that to be a faulty logic as we will probably know by that point. I see it way more likely that Doria will come for an extended visit once Baby Sussex has arrived and Harry and Meghan had time to nest with their little one for a couple days/weeks.
I think many people seem to believe that Doria will essentially be Baby Sussex's wet nurse, living in a dingy little flat above the Frogmore Cott garage and I am just really :lol: at that, tbh.

Good luck to them. A lot of grandparents don't make travel plans until labor or the baby is here since they baby isn't always going to arrive on due date.

& TBH I find that to be a faulty logic as we will probably know by that point. I see it way more likely that Doria will come for an extended visit once Baby Sussex has arrived and Harry and Meghan had time to nest with their little one for a couple days/weeks.
I think many people seem to believe that Doria will essentially be Baby Sussex's wet nurse, living in a dingy little flat above the Frogmore Cott garage and I am just really :lol: at that, tbh.

Think Doria is a bit out of the 'wet nurse' range :lol:

But yes the rumors she plans on uprooting her life to be nanny have spread for months. Just like it was suggested Carole would be back in the day.

Thankfully for Doria, the house has plenty of guest rooms. One she will make use of for a few weeks perhaps, but as Grandma.

Hello,
������

American here, gave birth here. Not too long ago as well. While I’m not a famous person nor an actress, that is simply not a thing that is chosen at least now a days and I could not even imagine a women choosing this if not necessary. That is major surgery and is something that is only done out of necessity or emergency. (Previous c-section births, medical condition of mom or baby that warrants)
Home births are not for the privileged either :ermm:

Birth for any woman can be a very private thing. Heck, many friends of mine dont like to announce until days after. That is their right.

I think respecting their privacy is something we should do. We all we can celebrate the birth of this very anticipated Bonny babe no matter when born. We have it’s whole life to celebrate them. JMO

The press has been following Doria for weeks now. There are new pictures uploaded of her daily. It is a shame but it is also expected. Personally I think she will arrive after the baby is here. Not long after, mind you, but a few days to allow the family to bond.

The NY Times interviewed some UK reporters and photographer who clearly are VERY angry about the way the Sussexes are handling their baby plans.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/world/europe/harry-meghan-baby-british-tabloids.html

Frankly the entitlement is astounding.

The press has been following Doria for weeks now. There are new pictures uploaded of her daily. It is a shame but it is also expected. Personally I think she will arrive after the baby is here. Not long after, mind you, but a few days to allow the family to bond.

The NY Times interviewed some UK reporters and photographer who clearly are VERY angry about the way the Sussexes are handling their baby plans.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/world/europe/harry-meghan-baby-british-tabloids.html

Frankly the entitlement is astounding.

I wonder why the press insists on the argument that "The public has a right to know about the lives of those largely funded by their taxes", when the British Royal Family is somewhat unique among the major European RFs in terms of actually not being funded by taxes .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom