Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in the half of April practically now.

I suppose she is due in 13 days (26 weeks passed since Eugenie's wedding and Meghan was already after her 12th week scan).

Yea, I think anything starting at 36 weeks is pretty normal and expected. And according to this math, she’s already at 38 weeks.

Yea, I think anything starting at 36 weeks is pretty normal and expected. And according to this math, she’s already at 38 weeks.

38 weeks is term. 36 weeks is still a little on the early side.

I think between 38 and 42 weeks is optimal. So not too much longer, though I’m sure Meghan is getting to the point where she’s just ready to have that baby.

Last edited:

Depends on the country. In my country 40 weeks is full term, as the medics start counting from the first day of the last menstruation. In countries that start counting from the (supposed) day of ovulation, it is 38 weeks.
I don't know how they count in the UK.

Kate went on maternity leave with Louis on the 22nd of March. He was born 23rd of April.

Meghan didn't go on maternity leave per sae but last event was 14th of March at ehuchbthey said there would be no more ergo given they waited till after the wedding to announce pregnancy which was good grace. I would say she is actually due next week. When baby comes is another matter though.

Kate went on maternity leave with Louis on the 22nd of March. He was born 23rd of April.

Meghan didn't go on maternity leave per sae but last event was 14th of March at ehuchbthey said there would be no more ergo given they waited till after the wedding to announce pregnancy which was good grace. I would say she is actually due next week. When baby comes is another matter though.
Wasn't George late? I seem to remember William saying something about G keeping them waiting.

Wasn't George late? I seem to remember William saying something about G keeping them waiting.

Nobody knows. Because really they never say. She went on maternity 13th of June. He was born 23rd of July. With Charlotte she went on leave 27th of March and she was born 2nd of May.

I think it is fair to say they go on leave about a month, five weeks before.

I think Meghan is in her 38th week as well based off her late Apr/early May timeframe. So really at this point she can give birth at any time but I still think likely after the 20th.

I think Meghan is in her 38th week as well based off her late Apr/early May timeframe. So really at this point she can give birth at any time but I still think likely after the 20th.

If she gives birth on the 21st, I’m gonna need to burn some sage.

HA...that was my prediction jacqui! The 21st!

LaRae

If she gives birth on the 21st, I’m gonna need to burn some sage.

HA! The "pearl clutching" that would occur? Selfishly, I hope she gives birth in the next two weeks, before the 29th. I have a 2 week Spring Break/Vacation, and I would be thrilled to talk nothing but Royal Baby during that time.

I'm still on either the 19th or 23rd.

Meghan only said January 14th she was six months pregnant. That and she announced when Eugenie got married, is all we have to go by.

A due date of April 22 would have had her 12 1/2 weeks pregnant or so when Eugenie married (would have hit 14 weeks October 22). I lean to think she is due 20-22 April, and may go few days late.

Well the back end of this month is pretty cluttered as far as dates go. HM's bday is the 21st, Louis is the 23rd, Cambridge's anniversary is the 29th, and Charlotte is May 2.

Also the London Maraton is the 28th and William will be travelling to NZ at the end of the month as well.

So yeah. LOL

An interesting connection that no one has brought up:

We know Meghan and the Queen's mum share the same birthday. But is it also known that William was baptised/christened the very same day that Meghan was born?

Just thought I would insert a bit of trivia here.

We know Meghan and the Queen's mum share the same birthday. But is it also known that William was baptised/christened the very same day that Meghan was born?

I might need that sage now regardless of what day the baby is born on.

Maybe the baby will be born on its great-great-grandparents wedding anniversary! This would also be my birthday.

George VI and Queen Mothers' I think.

George VI and the Queen Mum. They would have been married 96 years April 26. George and Mary are three times great-grandparents.

Thank you Countessmeout.

I think the 26 may happen if she's over due. Going back to what others have said in this thread earlier today, if royal women usually go on maternity leave 1 month before their due date, it would mean next week or the following week (April 15 - April 26) so it's within the time frame.

We're all just guessing at this point, and she will probably go into labor in the middle of the night and we'll wake up to the news. That would be my luck.

At this point there is only one person that actually knows what's what when it comes to the birth date and he/she isn't even telling Meghan and Harry. Gotta know that the grand entrance into this world will be a surprise for us all. :D

At this point there is only one person that actually knows what's what when it comes to the birth date and he/she isn't even telling Meghan and Harry. Gotta know that the grand entrance into this world will be a surprise for us all. :D

Ha...lol. Yes. Mom and dad and grandma may be ready for baby to be here, but baby may be like "it's too nice and warm and a quiet in here, I think I'll say an extra 2 weeks".

Poor Meghan and many a pregnant moms who have gone over their due date. (Not saying Meghan is past her due date, only if it happens to her.)

Please note that posts (and subsequent responses) suggesting that the Duchess of Sussex has already given birth are ridiculous and speculative and have therefore been deleted.

from the sounds of it, meghan wants a home birth, which i think is a risky decision. it is a first born and she is over 35 which increases the risk of needing a c-section. they apparently wanted to be quiet and not have the circus that kate had to endure (i can understand that, i always felt bad for kate with the millions of people outside st mary's and the press), but i find it all a bit reckless if i am honest. maybe it will be a home birth with a really well equipped ambulance waiting outside if things go pear shaped?
As a Labor & Delivery nurse I am not particularly fond of home births or birthing Center births. However I do respect each woman's right to choose. Meghan can get away with a home birth because:

1. She has the best health care team at her disposal.
2. It seems the only health risk she has is her age.
3. There are helicopters and air ambulances at her disposal should anything go wrong or take a turn for the worse.

So for those reasons I wouldn't call her decision negligent or risky.

Ha...lol. Yes. Mom and dad and grandma may be ready for baby to be here, but baby may be like "it's too nice and warm and a quiet in here, I think I'll say an extra 2 weeks".

Poor Meghan and many a pregnant moms who have gone over their due date. (Not saying Meghan is past her due date, only if it happens to her.)

For my first, I was really hoping that I'd deliver on St. Patrick's Day (my due date) as it made a difference between if he was named Patrick Robert or Robert Patrick. He was to be named after his grandfathers. We were hit with a blizzard on that St. Pat's Day so I told the kid to wait a week. He did. Born the 24th. That week between the dates seemed to take forever. :D

Those that know my son since childhood still sometimes call him by the double barrel Robbie Pat. My mom started that. :lol:

Great trivia!

One thing though: William was christened on the very same day Meghan turned one. She was born Aug. 4, 1981; he was born (June 21) and christened (Aug. 4) in 1982.

Prince William was christened on 4/08/1982 and Meghan was born 4/08/1981

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom