Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the lack of plans is down to her preferring a home birth. With a home birth you have to accept that you might have to be transferred to hospital. Plus if she goes 14 days overdue the practice in the UK is to induce labour which would be in hospital. So really they aren’t in a position to make specific plans for photos etc. The logistics just don’t work. I for one am pleased that she is getting to chose how and where she gives birth just like any other woman!

If they aren't doing a home birth, they could be counting on the unpredictable timing as an extra layer of protection from press on top of keeping the plans close. It's one thing if you know the location or the time, and having to figure out the other details based on deductive reasoning and other clues, but it's hard when you have no idea when it can occur. Statistically speaking, the pool of possibilities just expanded greatly.

Last edited:
Well, I guess we should’ve expected this. The days and days of silence was the warning. I’m glad that we will know when she goes into labor and will get photos of the family once they get home though. As I said before, I think they just wanted to avoid the media circus that surrounded previous royal births and Meghan will likely be tired. The royal press will get their pictures, but on the Sussexes terms.

Did they state we will know when she goes inyo labour? My impression was that they will inform the public only (some time) after the event not beforehand.

Bottom line … she may have given birth yesterday or today and we won't know until tomorrow :)

Did they state we will know when she goes inyo labour? My impression was that they will inform the public only (some time) after the event not beforehand.

There was "unauthorised" information that got leaked from the German press. Basically, BP sent out an Operational note to the media. Some of the information was embargoed. They will let the press/public know as soon as she goes into labor, and then will open the grounds on the Long Walk for the Press. The grounds will be open for 3 days.

A few days after birth, 1 PA photographer, 1 PA reporter and 1 camera will be given access to the couple on the grounds of Windsor Castle.

Again, all of this was embargoed, but it got "accidentally" leaked on German news program.

Bottom line … she may have given birth yesterday or today and we won't know until tomorrow :)

They will announce when she's in labor. But at that point, she'd already be wherever she is going to have the baby. It's a really short frame of time compared to if they had days or weeks to dig around.

We would already have known. They are going to inform the press/public when she goes into labor, they just won't say where she is having the baby. They will also let us know after the birth whether it's a boy or girl, probably weight, and MAYBE (don't think they will, but it's possibility) a name.

There was "unauthorised" information that got leaked from the German press. Basically, BP sent out an Operational note to the media. Some of the information was embargoed. They will let the press/public know as soon as she goes into labor, and then will open the grounds on the Long Walk for the Press. The grounds will be open for 3 days.

A few days after birth, 1 PA photographer, 1 PA reporter and 1 camera will be given access to the couple on the grounds of Windsor Castle.

Again, all of this was embargoed, but it got "accidentally" leaked on German news program.

Yes, here it is:

That's not true. Especially with first birth. Can someone share with us the normal guideline in UK? I know in US, women are now kept for 2-3 days after a natural birth and insurance, who is notorious for being difficult and cheap, have to pick up the tab.

It varies a lot between countries. Given that Catherine left rather quickly, it seems that the UK is more like the Netherlands where new mothers and newborns are dismissed asap so they can enjoy their new reality at home instead of at a hospital.

We would already have known. They are going to inform the press/public when she goes into labor, they just won't say where she is having the baby. They will also let us know after the birth whether it's a boy or girl, probably weight, and MAYBE (don't think they will, but it's possibility) a name.

Since they don't know the gender, it might take a few days to name the baby. Maybe they'll have it ready at the photo call.

And since the Long Walk will be available for media up to 72 hours after the birth, I do believe the implication is there will be an announcement regarding the time of the birth and such just like with the Cambridge children.

It varies a lot between countries. Given that Catherine left rather quickly, it seems that the UK is more like the Netherlands where new mothers and newborns are dismissed asap so they can enjoy their new reality at home instead of at a hospital.

She stayed for 36 hours with George I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just waiting for the announcement from SussexRoyal now. It can't be too long to go at all.

Regarding the discussion surrounding usual discharge. In the UK normal deliveries with no complications can actually go home within 6 hours. (I’m a midwife by the way.) The baby needs to have a newborn baby check done to assess their hips, eyes and to check for heart murmurs. This can be done from 2-4 hours from birth. Some babies need to stay in for 12-24 hours infection observations if meconium (baby’s first poo) is present in their waters or if their waters are been broken for more than 24 hours.

C sections can actually be discharged the next day if the woman chooses to do so, although most women stay in for 2 days to get their pain under control.

Another factor that doesn’t always allow women to be discharged immediately is baby’s feeding. First time mums and babies can often find breast feeding tough - not all newborns do it well! I’m not saying that Meghan is or isn’t breast feeding but judging by her reported interest in all things natural, I would imagine breast feeding is on her agenda.
Thanks Molly for explaining the way things go in the UK. Not very different from here in the Netherlands. Fun to see the differences between countries, though.
I hope that everything will go well for our future mother and father and that they can enjoy their child in peace.

I know exactly when it will happen. It'll be the same as it was with George, Charlotte and Louis. For each birth, I was totally sound asleep and late to the announcements of the births. Go figure.

I'm just waiting for the announcement from SussexRoyal now. It can't be too long to go at all.

The announcement of Meghan being in labour? I would think that'd come from the royal family twitter account, yeah? Not sure that is something they would announce on instagram.

I am guessing Meghan will have the baby next week. I would assume since BP sent out this announcement that they will be covering the baby news. We will likely get a picture though on their instagram.

I know exactly when it will happen. It'll be the same as it was with George, Charlotte and Louis. For each birth, I was totally sound asleep and late to the announcements of the births. Go figure.

The same thing happened to me for all three of those labor announcements, too. It’s likely to happen again. I now look at my iPad throughout the very early morning.

The same thing happened to me for all three of those labor announcements, too. It’s likely to happen again. I now look at my iPad throughout the very early morning.

Aha! Now we know exactly what we need to do. Settle in for a really, really good long night's sleep and that for sure will put Meghan into labor! ?

:previous::lol: Sticking to tradition is best IMO.;)

Aha! Now we know exactly what we need to do. Settle in for a really, really good long night's sleep and that for sure will put Meghan into labor! ?

Hey, it seems to work. :lol: Believe it or not, it’s what I did the night before their engagement announcement. When we had gotten word that an announcement was imminent. I went to sleep that night with anticipation of it coming the next morning. 4am, my time, that announcement was made and the rest is history. :flowers:

Per Meghan she's not due to late April or into early May....unless she goes early (and anything possible) we have a couple weeks or more possibly.

Not sure I'd be thinking anything is 'imminent'

LaRae

That could be a smoke screen. Trying to throw the press of her trail.

She may have said late April early May but that doesn't mean she meant it.

That could be a smoke screen. Trying to throw the press of her trail.

She may have said late April early May but that doesn't mean she meant it.

Throw the press off for what? It's not like they won't know when she goes into labour. I see no reason to think she is lying.

Of course in the final few weeks, a baby could come at any point but I suspect that we're still in for about two weeks or so of waiting.

After the 20th ....that would be my guess.

LaRae

Throw the press off for what? It's not like they won't know when she goes into labour. I see no reason to think she is lying.

Of course in the final few weeks, a baby could come at any point but I suspect that we're still in for about two weeks or so of waiting.

Because Meghan still may give birth in a hospital, it makes sense she'd try to throw the press of her actually due date.

They obviously want privacy and it's a good tactic to throw up a smoke screen.

Except there's no reason for them to do that. There's no reason for her to lie about it. They will have no issue getting to a hospital (either private one in Windsor or wherever) if they need to. They do have security etc.

We know it will be announced after she goes into labor. It's not like they are planning to keep everything quiet until a week after.

LaRae

from the sounds of it, meghan wants a home birth, which i think is a risky decision. it is a first born and she is over 35 which increases the risk of needing a c-section. they apparently wanted to be quiet and not have the circus that kate had to endure (i can understand that, i always felt bad for kate with the millions of people outside st mary's and the press), but i find it all a bit reckless if i am honest. maybe it will be a home birth with a really well equipped ambulance waiting outside if things go pear shaped?

from the sounds of it, meghan wants a home birth, which i think is a risky decision. it is a first born and she is over 35 which increases the risk of needing a c-section. they apparently wanted to be quiet and not have the circus that kate had to endure (i can understand that, i always felt bad for kate with the millions of people outside st mary's and the press), but i find it all a bit reckless if i am honest. maybe it will be a home birth with a really well equipped ambulance waiting outside if things go pear shaped?

if she stayed in KP she'd be very close to St Mary's Paddington...

Per Meghan she's not due to late April or into early May....unless she goes early (and anything possible) we have a couple weeks or more possibly.

Not sure I'd be thinking anything is 'imminent'

LaRae

Given we are in mid April. It’s pretty much any day now. A couple of weeks before the due date isn’t unusual at all.

Because Meghan still may give birth in a hospital, it makes sense she'd try to throw the press of her actually due date.

They obviously want privacy and it's a good tactic to throw up a smoke screen.
Totally unnecessary. Especially considering late births are entirely possible as well (speaking as someone born two weeks after my mother’s due date). No one really thinks the RRs will put off the digging until she’s at her due date. If she wanted a smoke screen. She’s smart enough and resourceful enough to come up with a better plan. Besides, that was nothing more than off the cuff comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are in the half of April practically now.

I suppose she is due in 13 days (26 weeks passed since Eugenie's wedding and Meghan was already after her 12th week scan).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom