Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The snark has already started

"Perhaps they have invited Oprah and Apple TV into the hospital instead?"

Interesting that you posted this, because Chris Ship is essentially being told off (dragged) because of that comment. The PEOPLE for the most part don't have a problem. I'm looking forward to seeing the amount of whinging that will go on in the press today because of this news.

Kudos to Harry and Meghan. Enjoy your bub before the world starts tearing it a apart.

I'm glad Harry and Meghan to keep the details of the birth quiet. No pressure of being blow dried to death for an appearance. I bet the Markles possibly showing up unannounced were factors.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Australian morning television, a discussion with Neil Sean on the latest Sussex baby news -- and the announcement of Sean's upcoming new book, Harry & Meghan: The Complete A-Z of the World's Most Glamorous Couple

good on them...the british press didn't deserve the access to the baby...no one should be surprised by this news because news comes weeks or months in advance and nothing was coming for them.

i do feel bad for the fans who wanted something...but, the birth should be happening any day now...its the final stretch..not long before you get the birth info, name and picture of the baby!

Well, I guess we should’ve expected this. The days and days of silence was the warning. I’m glad that we will know when she goes into labor and will get photos of the family once they get home though. As I said before, I think they just wanted to avoid the media circus that surrounded previous royal births and Meghan will likely be tired. The royal press will get their pictures, but on the Sussexes terms.

I suspect Meghan and Harry will just been seen with the baby in the carrier as they exit the hospital and go to their car. No posing for the flashes. And honestly, why do they have to? They are the 6th in line and his wife. This baby will not be an HRH. People can't have it both ways in saying they are not important while complaining over them not doing something like posing with the baby.

Personally they have set up their IG account. Just post a picture a few days after getting settled at home. People will ooh and ahh over it and all will be fine. The press will never be happy. They will continue to attack them regardless so if that is the incentive then it is hardly worth it. They should do what is best for them.

I agree. And we may not even get to see them leaving the hospital. I'm sure they have ways of avoiding being seen by the press. There's been so many negative stories, so more griping by the press by this point makes no difference.

I would not be surprised if we only see an announcement and a picture on Instagram, plus the usual BP press release and the official written document displayed at the palace gates.

Can you imagine all the guff that would be written about what Meghan is wearing and how she looks, and frenzy over getting shots of the baby. So many people are curious and have already been speculating about what the baby will look like. It's probably best for the Sussexes to control the first photo.

Oh, I didn't see the news already posted. As I said, I'm totally not surprised.

Last edited:
I'm happy for this decision. I have always thought, that the "obligation" of posing for photographers a few hours after giving birth is a horrible one. There can't be such a hurry to see the baby and happy family, that can't be delayed until at home, more rested and settled.

Tis their right, but won't please their adoring fans here, or elsewhere.. who are already 'kicking off' on social media...

Actually most of us are ok with this. While we are excited about the baby, it’s certainly understandable that this is a private moment for them as a family. It’s really the media that hoped to make a buck off of this that aren’t going to be happy.

And frankly, if we are all going to be honest, a photocall right after the birth is more to see how the mother looks rather than the baby. I can’t tell one baby apart from another at that age. But most of the commentary centers around what the mother wears and how she’s able to put herself together hours later as if it’s not a big deal a human just came out of her body.

Last edited:
I am sad because I have always enjoyed the Cambridge photo sessions and was looking forward to that with the Sussexes. But this is the decision they have felt is best and it does make perfect sense.

According to several RRs though, there will be a photo call AT Windsor in the days following the birth. It was supposed to be kept under wraps, but according to Palmer, several reporters broke that agreement by tweeting about it...(Andrews and English in particular). It doesn't sound like it will be a mass media call, but rather PA photographers or some other wire services. It sounds very similar to their wedding set up.

I think this is a good precedent to set tbh. It gives future royal moms in the BRF (yes, even direct heirs) some flexibility IMO.

Last edited:
Goodness sake, it is their personal life. This area not part of the FIRM. I cannot say I care one way or another where or when or how Meghan gives birth. Nothing about it changes my personal life either. Not like it puts food on my table. Wish people would just leave them alone and that includes all the entertainment {?} personnel. HAS to be articles about this couple daily [good or bad] or some people have a lousy day and sulk. Down right silly to have things affect stranger's lives when events are none of their personal business. I guess I just don't get it as I NEVER idolized another living human in my life.

It's an understandable decision, and if it's followed by a photo call at Windsor after the new parents and baby have had a bit of time to settle in, I can't see much of a down side.

I also think it highlights the difference between this baby and the Cambridge children and how the Sussexes see their children fitting in to the royal family: less public property and more private individuals. The Cambridge children are in the direct line of succession, and the Sussex children have a very good chance of having more private lives.

Goodness sake, it is their personal life. This area not part of the FIRM. I cannot say I care one way or another where or when or how Meghan gives birth. Nothing about it changes my personal life either. Not like it puts food on my table. Wish people would just leave them alone and that includes all the entertainment {?} personnel. HAS to be articles about this couple daily [good or bad] or some people have a lousy day and sulk. Down right silly to have things affect stranger's lives when events are none of their personal business. I guess I just don't get it as I NEVER idolized another living human in my life.

I am pretty sure there will be a public announcement by the Palace of the birth, gender and, probably later, name of the baby. Some kind of family photo will also be released most likely. So it won't be exactly a 100 % private event.

Having said that , I find the secrecy about the place where the baby will be delivered a little bit excessive.

Having said that , I find the secrecy about the place where the baby will be delivered a little bit excessive.

At this point, I find it a necessity for them to keep that private. I wouldn’t be surprised if they thank the facility where the baby is born with the release of photos of the parents’ choice. How do we expect them to leave the hospital without the media camped out if they know which hospital? Do we really expect the media to respect their privacy when so much money is on the line? Not a chance.

OK. I'll admit to being a little disappointed that the press isn't going to be amassed at the entrance to the hospital where Meghan gives birth as the main thing I was looking forward to was the expression on Harry's face the first time we saw him after his child's birth. I'll get over it. His expression is probably going to be glued on his face for the next couple of months at least. :D

I'm actually pleased for the most part that they've made a very nicely worded announcement stating they're going to keep the birth private. This is their blessed event and its not a public engagement or a free for all or as many have stated, stories for the media to make a lot of green dollars off of. In fact, when I read that the birth is going to kept totally private, an image came to my mind of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge looking over her shoulder and simply stating "You're not coming".

As the Markles have been brought up as a possible reason for all this privacy, I'll just state that the Markles have passed their sell by date and have expired. I sincerely doubt they have anything to do with any of Harry and Meghan's decision in the matter. On the other hand, if Samantha is hoping to release her book on the date of the birth, her publisher doesn't have a clue when that is going to be and neither does she. Another side effect of the privacy and a good thing.

It won't be long now but I can imagine that hours seem like days and days seem like weeks and even months for Meghan at this point. Harry most likely is overly attentive and perhaps stating "Is it time yet?" too many times and is the proverbial expectant father. If anyone is anxiously awaiting this birth, its the mommy and the daddy to be. ;)

I am pretty sure there will be a public announcement by the Palace of the birth, gender and, probably later, name of the baby. Some kind of family photo will also be released most likely. So it won't be exactly a 100 % private event.

It seems like they just wanted some time to make up their minds on how they will do this. They gave themselves room to do so. An earlier announcement would’ve sealed the deal and there wouldn’t have been any room to change one’s minds on a massive media photocall outside the hospital, despite how tired Meghan will likely be.

Although many of us enjoyed the Cambridge photocalls outside the Lindo Wing, it wasn’t tradition nor realistic for every new mother. So the Sussexes decided to do this their own way.

Last edited:

I agree!
Really, in this day and age, it's foolish to think ANYTHING that arouses media interest can be kept private.

There will always be a leak somewhere.

But then, I'm another who really doesn't much care about the details of the birth. I'm perfectly willing to await the official announcement from BP.

I am sad because I have always enjoyed the Cambridge photo sessions and was looking forward to that with the Sussexes. But this is the decision they have felt is best and it does make perfect sense.

According to several RRs though, there will be a photo call AT Windsor in the days following the birth. It was supposed to be kept under wraps, but according to Palmer, several reporters broke that agreement by tweeting about it...(Andrews and English in particular). It doesn't sound like it will be a mass media call, but rather PA photographers or some other wire services. It sounds very similar to their wedding set up.

I think this is a good precedent to set tbh. It gives future royal moms in the BRF (yes, even direct heirs) some flexibility IMO.

Yeah but to be honest, it was never a royal tradition to appear outside the hospital for a photocall anyway. There were pictures taken of Princess Anne when she left the hospital with her baby, but there wasn't a lot of fanfare surrounding it, and she didn't stand there waving at photogs either. I believe Anne was one of the first royals in the modern era to give birth at a hospital. And then Diana made the choice to give birth at Lindo Wing. There was a possibility for Diana to have given birth at the palace, but it was not her wish.

Regardless of the decision of Meghan & Harry, other royals would surely have leeway to follow their own desires. Again, this practice of appearing outside the hospital was something relatively new when Diana and Charles did it. And they probably did it because there was a huge crowd waiting outside the hospital.

ITV recently aired a documentary about the latest baby news surrounding Meghan & Harry. And they included details about recent and past royal births, including the ancient tradition of someone from the government required to be in the bedchamber to witness the birth of royal heirs to the throne, in order to ensure no shenanigans occurred surrounding the birth, such as substituting another baby, etc. Queen Victoria understandably abhored the practice and put an end to it. Of course, most of the royal 'experts' in this video are guessing off the tops of their heads, or simply sharing their own somewhat biased opinions regarding Meghan and Harry in particular.

One thing is for sure----the American media will be all over this 24/7 once the birth is announced. Add this to the immense pressure from the Brit press and I bet a lovely non-intrusive photo will appear fairly quickly on the Instagram account. I'm looking ahead to several months down the road, remembering how much I enjoyed seeing little Prince Louis' baby face in the Prince Charles birthday photos.

Only fashion photos top baby photos for me. And I am not quite kidding:ROFLMAO:

I can appreciate how they've wanted to keep in private, from the announcement I can believe Meghan is having a home birth unless they've made some kind of arrangement with the press to keep them away from the hospital she is giving birth in. There's just too high a chance of a leak to the press if they were going to a hospital.

We'll get an announcement of the birth and potentially a name at the same time, after it's happened. No pre-warning of the babies arrival like with Catherine and William.

It's an understandable decision, and if it's followed by a photo call at Windsor after the new parents and baby have had a bit of time to settle in, I can't see much of a down side.

I also think it highlights the difference between this baby and the Cambridge children and how the Sussexes see their children fitting in to the royal family: less public property and more private individuals. The Cambridge children are in the direct line of succession, and the Sussex children have a very good chance of having more private lives.

Exactly! A think a photo call was almost obligatory for William & Catherine (the future King and Queen whose oldest child will one day be King too) and they did their duty. Harry and Meghan have more freedom. Like you, I suspect this might be an indication they prefer their children lead lives more like the Wessex children than George, Charlotte, and Louis.

This what i posted back in February. I guess my tea reading skills are pretty good, except it gonna be SussexRoyal instead of KP on instagram

At the point we are at, I wish they just do private photo and a short video inside the hospital with their families à la christening photos and post them at KP instagram. After all she has been through, she shouldn't reward the UK press and I am polite with the word i am using, with an event at the step of the hospital they will them monetize on the covers of their trashy publications

I can appreciate how they've wanted to keep in private, from the announcement I can believe Meghan is having a home birth unless they've made some kind of arrangement with the press to keep them away from the hospital she is giving birth in. There's just too high a chance of a leak to the press if they were going to a hospital.

We'll get an announcement of the birth and potentially a name at the same time, after it's happened. No pre-warning of the babies arrival like with Catherine and William.

I think it might be a home birth although I would advise against that on medical grounds.

EDIT: The DM is now reporting that a midwife-led home delivery at Frogmore is the most likely scenario although a hospital delivery has not been ruled out. I’m still skeptical though.

Last edited:

:previous: This sums up my feelings as well. ?

I think this decision makes sense. After all, the baby isn't technically going to be royal, at least until The Prince of Wales becomes King, if at all.

I am really doubtful of homebirth no matter how well Meghan's pregnancy has been going. I was pretty much the same age as Meghan when I gave birth to my daughter. Since I was an older first time mother, my pregnancy was followed very carefully and it was made clear that even if I had wished for a homebirth (which I didn't) they would strongly recommend against it.

Anything can happen when giving birth and you need to have the surgical team ready if something goes wonky. I doubt the have that possibility at Frogmore.

I think this decision makes sense. After all, the baby isn't technically going to be royal, at least until The Prince of Wales becomes King, if at all.

The child will be the son of a royal duke, grandson of a future King and great-grandchild of the current monarch. The child will have a title of some kind, Prince/ss or not. That’s about as royal as you can get.

This sounds like a great compromise. They get privacy and the public still get a public photo in Windsor. The updates still happening. Literally the only thing different is the Lindo moment.

I find it ridiculous how a lot of the media is acting.

I am really doubtful of homebirth no matter how well Meghan's pregnancy has been going. I was pretty much the same age as Meghan when I gave birth to my daughter. Since I was an older first time mother, my pregnancy was followed very carefully and it was made clear that even if I had wished for a homebirth (which I didn't) they would strongly recommend against it.

Anything can happen when giving birth and you need to have the surgical team ready if something goes wonky. I doubt the have that possibility at Frogmore.

I'm hoping that the home birth idea is yet another piece of absurd speculation by the media, but who knows? If that is the plan, I would assume that there are contingency plans in place in case things go terribly wrong.

No matter how much yoga or exercise the pregnant woman has done, labour and delivery is always an unknown. You can have had a textbook perfect pregnancy, have eaten only organically grown food harvested by fairies, exercised the perfect amount, and stuff can and does happen. Statistically, chances are good that you'll still end up with a healthy, happy baby, but when things go wrong, it can happen in a flash, and you don't want to be even 10 minutes away from a hospital and experienced staff.

This sounds like a great compromise. They get privacy and the public still get a public photo in Windsor. The updates still happening. Literally the only thing different is the Lindo moment.

I find it ridiculous how a lot of the media is acting.

A lot of them are in need of a pacifier today. There is no broken protocol, tradition, etc here. In fact, it's a throwback to tradition and how it was done before the days of over indulgent nosy RR.

Yes, but Meghan isn't a normal mom to be. She is the granddaughter in law of the Queen of England and the daughter in law of the future King of England. IF it is a home birth, she no doubt has round the clock care and a surgical team and ambulance on stand by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom