Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo ops aren't just about pictures. There's something to be said about watching a *video* of the tired but happy couple emerging from the hospital with their newborn in arms. The world's first view of the baby and the baby's first view of the world. Posting a photograph on social media just wouldn't be the same.

Agreed. I am not a big fan of Kate now but was when she had George, but seeing her present her babies to the world made me feel more connected to her actually. All three photocalls were beautiful, joyous moments.

As someone who has followed Harry for years and years, and who is a big fan of Meghan now too, seeing them do the whole photocall moment would be soooo very special for me. I really hope we get it.

Agreed. I am not a big fan of Kate now but was when she had George, but seeing her present her babies to the world made me feel more connected to her actually. All three photocalls were beautiful, joyous moments.

As someone who has followed Harry for years and years, and who is a big fan of Meghan now too, seeing them do the whole photocall moment would be soooo very special for me. I really hope we get it.

Agree in regards to photocalls. It's a rather special moment seeing any new parents with their new baby but Harry and Meghan's baby will be an "extra special" moment for the world just as the births of the Cambridge children were. I would be very surprised if the Sussexes didn't have a photocall.

In other news, the couple has acknowledge the #globalsussexbabyshower effort in a post that asked people to donate to the following organizations in lieu of gifts for Baby Sussex.

sussexroyal
Verified

sussexroyal's profile picture
sussexroyal
Verified
What an incredibly special surprise the grassroots led #globalsussexbabyshower was last Sunday!
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are immensely grateful for the outpouring of love and support in anticipation of the birth of their first child.

In lieu of sending gifts, the couple have long planned to encourage members of the public to make donations to select charities for children and parents in need. If you already made a donation, the couple send you their greatest thanks. If you are thinking about it, they ask that you kindly consider the following organisations they’ve selected, which we will highlight here over the next few days:

@thelunchboxfund
@littlevillagehq
@wellchild
@baby2baby

The Duke and Duchess remain appreciative for your warm wishes and kindness during this especially happy time in their lives! Thank you for sharing the love ❤️

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv4Ou8nBFDE/
Having acknowledged the level of interest internationally, I will be interested to see whether further information is provided. I am also interested to see if this is part of the "learning their place" that Dickey Arbiter was wittering about as it was pointed out that they are only the Queen's grandson's family just like the Phillips and Tindalls.

However, while accepting that, it seems their fans feel otherwise, so we will see. The other thing we have to consider is that if they are not going to the Lindo Wing, it may cause an unacceptable level of inconvenience to their chosen venue.

We know nothing about this birth. With Catherine we knew the doctors, the hospital, all the details.

Seems so odd that there's been no details at all with Meghan.

We know nothing about this birth. With Catherine we knew the doctors, the hospital, all the details.

I’m guessing some news should be coming very soon. I think the royal couple and their palace officials have been trying to make sure everything is tightly controlled and measured. I do wish we had some official news to chew on though and help drown out the negative energy in the press that has dogged Meghan throughout her pregnancy. The coverage over Meghan’s pregnancy hasn’t been that joyful. Something that was totally different with Catherine’s pregnancies.

Just remember that Meghan has received a lot more harrassment than what Kate did during all her pregnancies. Coupled with the fact the Markles are a known problem, and baby Sussex isn't going to be an immediate HRH Prince/ss of Sussex, Harry and Meghan are smart to not release information about the impending birth.

I don't know if I'd agree a photo call with the press should be the baby's first view of the world. I can think of many better views. Just saying.
I agree, but unless Harry and Meghan plan to spirit their child away to a secret location, to be raised by Tibetan monks, it's first public appearance will be photographed and videotaped, official photo call or not. It's part of being a member of the Royal family. By not allowing a photo call at the hospital Harry and Meghan would deny themselves an opportunity to earn a tremendous amount of warmth & goodwill from both the press and the public, which is also a part of Royal life.

Same with me. I like Eugenie a lot more now & I'm much more interested in reading about her activities than I was before I watched her wedding. Just seeing pictures of it wouldn't have had the same effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whether this child ends up with an HRH or not s/he will exposed to the press over and over again.

The photo op on the way out of the hospital has become an expected part of the BRF having babies, so not doing it is going to draw some negative comment. That's just a fact. Harry and Meghan may not care about that, which is fair enough, but it's also fair for people/the press to be upset and disappointed if they don't do it.

I thought this was an interesting article about the history of photo calls after BRF births.
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...rkle-pose-hospital-royal-baby-history-photos/

It points out that when Charles and Di posed on the Lindo Wing steps there were fewer than 20 members of the press and photogs weren’t getting as many shots, due to limitations of film, etc. In contrast, William and Kate faced a crowd of hundreds, taking thousands of images, including photogs who were tasked with getting telephoto shots of the baby’s face, etc. In other words, the game has changed, and it’s not unreasonable for royals not in the direct line of succession to say that what a hospital photocall has become asks too much of new parents with their day- (or days-)old infant.

You know what really asks too much of new parents? A day-old infant. Waaaah! Change me, feed me, hold me! And wake up, don’t you two know it’s five am? Waaaah!

There's something about this seeming expectation on the part of the public and the press that the new mother, who has just been through a traumatic and life-threatening experience, will put her own comfort, and that of her newly born infant's, to the side and put herself and her baby on display in order to satisfy the expectations of a bunch of impatient strangers so they will get to see a photograph of the swaddled bundle and maybe a glimpse of a flash of an unidentifiable nose or face is vaguely unsettling to me. It reminds me of the attitude revealed by some of the people who spoke to the TV interviewers outside Buckingham/Kensington Palace in the days immediately following Diana's death. During an intensely sad time, when the Queen's priority should have been taking care of her grandsons who has just lost their beloved mother, those people thought she should have been in London taking care of them. It's indicative of a very paternalistic attitude towards/symbiotic inter-relationship with monarchy, not surprising in a way in a historical context, and very interesting, but I find it unsettling, nevertheless.

Last edited:
There's something about this seeming expectation on the part of the public and the press that the new mother, who has just been through a traumatic and life-threatening experience, will put her own comfort, and that of her newly born infant's, to the side and put herself and her baby on display in order to satisfy the expectations of a bunch of impatient strangers so they will get to see a photograph of the swaddled bundle and maybe a glimpse of a flash of an unidentifiable nose or face is vaguely unsettling to me. It reminds me of the attitude revealed by some of the people who spoke to the TV interviewers outside Buckingham/Kensington Palace in the days immediately following Diana's death. During an intensely sad time, when the Queen's priority should have been taking care of her grandsons who has just lost their beloved mother, those people thought she should have been in London taking care of them. It's indicative of a very paternalistic attitude towards/symbiotic inter-relationship with monarchy, not surprising in a way in a historical context, and very interesting, but I find it unsettling, nevertheless.

Agreed...I've been trying to think of ways to express how I feel about the photo call and you summed it up very well.

You know what really asks too much of new parents? A day-old infant. Waaaah! Change me, feed me, hold me! And wake up, don’t you two know it’s five am? Waaaah!

Don't worry little baby Sussex...your mom will be up and ready to tend to your needs at 5 am ?

Daily Mail has cranked a new faux scandal about Meghan and Baby Sussex

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...eens-doctors-birth-doesnt-want-men-suits.html

I don't see the big deal. Baby Sussex is not a future king or queen. I presume Meghan's chosen doctor had their professional credentials and personal life thoroughly vetted. As mentioned in previous threads the doctors have not been named so they are filing column space.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...eens-doctors-birth-doesnt-want-men-suits.html

I don't see the big deal. Baby Sussex is not a future king or queen. I presume Meghan's chosen doctor had their professional credentials and personal life thoroughly vetted. As mentioned in previous threads the doctors have not been named so they are filing column space.

It's a BS article and they had to go back and correct it, but by then, the damage was done and the "frothing at the mouth in the comments" was proof of that.

Non news story and another desperate grasp for scandal :bang:

As article says, the queen's doctors will be on hand. They will be part of the team in some capacity.

Kate had a team of 20 medical staff. Which included doctors other then the 'men in suits'. Including Professor Teoh who is a consulting obstetrician at St Mary's and was part of the delivery of at least George and Charlotte.

Just like the 'shucking royal tradition by not having a baby at St Mary's' :ermm:

Neither Fergie or Sophie had their babies at St Mary's. Louise and James were born at Frimley Park. Beatrice and Eugenie were born at Portland hospital.

If Meghan has chosen a female doctor to be part of her team good on her. Her and Harry should choose a doctor they are comfortable with. When it comes to labor that is important, more important than so called protocal.

Shaming a woman for choosing her own doctor on something as personal as childbirth. Reaching a new low.

It is a big deal because the Queen's doctors do not charge a fee for the delivery whereas Meghan's handpicked team is likely to cost her tens of thousands of pounds. Many people may see it as another "Meghan extravaganza".

It is a big deal because the Queen's doctors do not charge a fee for the delivery whereas Meghan's handpicked team is likely to cost her tens of thousands of pounds. Many people may see it as another "Meghan extravaganza".

They never have just the Queen’s doctors on hand as mentioned above. Since when does one doctor cost tens of thousands of pound? Another assertion without evidence. They all have a team of doctors. Sounds like another double standard towards the Duchess of Sussex.

Last edited:
They never just have just the Queen’s doctors on hand as mentioned above. Since when does one doctor cost tens of thousands of pound? Another assertion without evidence. They all have a team of doctors.

I was actually quoting the DM on that one. Please read the full article that was linked, where it is mentioned that the Queen's doctors do not charge a fee whereas Meghan's pick is likely to add "tens of thousands" in extra costs.

:previous: I read it. Though it wasn’t clear that you were simply quoting. And like I said, an assertion without evidence. Never mind the fact that all royal births involve more than just two doctors. And considering how the best accommodations can cost. Really don’t think the problem is if she has to pay a fee to a doctor. Sounds like it says more about them than her if a woman choosing her own doctor is a problem for them.

Last edited:
I was actually quoting the DM on that one. Please read the full article that was linked, where it is mentioned that the Queen's doctors do not charge a fee whereas Meghan's pick is likely to add "tens of thousands" in extra costs.

I would also like to know where the Fail comes up with the statement that the Queen's doctor(s) attend to their patients for free. The good doctor may be on retainer and serve the Queen exclusively but I seriously doubt he does it for free or table scraps. If they're on staff for the Queen, they receive compensation for their services.

It sounded liked you were stating fact. Nowhere in your original post did you say you were parroting a DM article. That wasn’t clear to readers despite your intention.

And really, some folks prefer not to read DM articles so they would not understand that without referencing the article.

The Hospitals where other Royal ladies gave birth didn’t provide services for free, nor did the medical staffs. Typical twisting of facts by the DM.

Last edited:
I would also like to know where the Fail comes up with the statement that the Queen's doctor(s) attend to their patients for free. The good doctor may be on retainer and serve the Queen exclusively but I seriously doubt he does it for free or table scraps. If they're on staff for the Queen, they receive compensation for their services.

Apparently they don’t charge the Queen because the prestige means they can charge more for other clients who are not members of the royal family. And I thought this would be frowned upon.

Nothing is in vain...

I would also like to know where the Fail comes up with the statement that the Queen's doctor(s) attend to their patients for free...

I think, the "Daily Mail" spoke only about the births, that were conducted for free, the royal births.

And I would like to think, that is true, because it is a good advertisement for a doctor and something to brag about even to your Grandchildren, which then has something to tell at cocktail parties...

It is the same with working as a butler for the Queen: The wage is very low, but it is something for the vitae as a butler, a door opener to later much better paid jobs.

Last edited:
As far as the birth, she can just have Harry assist her in her birth, for all I care. Only the Queen and I believe first born son's wife had to have an official to be present [by law] to recognize that the child born was in fact the queen's true child [no mixing with another]. Since Anne, Andrew, Edward and now Harry will never sit on the throne, no big deal. And who really cares.

A number of posts have been deleted. Let’s stick to discussing the article and not turn this into another discussion about the media vs Meghan, or Kate vs Meghan. Thanks.

Doria is expected to be in London before the birth and help out Meghan and Harry for a few weeks and go home

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...Doria-Ragland-fly-London-daughters-birth.html

while Tom Sr plans to welcome Baby Sussex in a non British bar hoisting a beer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...al-baby-prince-harry-father-thomas-markle/amp

It's been almost a year since Pap gate and Dad still doesn't get it that embarrassing stunts and gripe interviews will not help him get to see the baby. And begging to be invited to the christening or a family event goes back to Meghan's letter that he wanted a photo op after the pap stunt. Again this is about Sr wanting to look like a big shot to the world and not family unity. If he had followed Doria's example he would see his grandchild in the first hours of life.

:previous: Nothing new there. Its also the Fail and the Express bird cage liners so I'll pass it right by. :D

Daily Fail must be getting desperate and rehashing old news. How many times do they report Doria will be coming over :whistling: Shocking news, the grandmother will be there :lol:

Of course the 'Doria will push her daughter to have a natural birth' angle.

As for Tom Sr if he actually wanted to see the baby he would shut up. Every time he does these interviews he takes another twenty steps back from having any chance at seeing the baby or his daughter again. Notice he hopes to be invited to the christening, the 'public event'. Not that he just wants to be invited to see the baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom