Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I am so excited. This is just the donations for CamFed in the last 4 days:

And I'm liking People Magazine now.
Harper's. Another magazine I'll read, too.
Woman&Home
StandardUK
Daily Mail
Town & Country
Good Morning America and again GMA

ITV and again ITV
MirrorUK
Refinery29
Marie Claire
The Telegraph
The Sun
The Express

Mic Drop.

CamFed (other ways to donate), WellChild, Mayhew Animal Shelter, SmartWorksHQ, WeAreInvictus, One25Charity are the three charities specified by shower organizers, but they also stress that you can donate to any charity of your choice (just be sure not to be taken in by scammers).

(Someone tweeted that instead of ordering takeout this month, they're going to donate to charities.)
Note: you can donate through Amazon Smile, so more than one charity benefits:

These are alternate choices I'm seeing (I'm in the process of looking up the efficiency rating of these charities and will post them as I find them)

The great people at Prince Harry Watch have put together links of places you can donate diapers and intimate feminine items to woman and children in need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it is a baby shower gift for the couple, I would think to focus on those causes that are near and dear to the couple

Meghan her patronages: Mayhew, Smartworks, ACU and National Theater but also:
-World Vision (she volunteered with them for years)
-Hubb kitchen and their ongoing initiative
-One Young world (another pre-Harry charity, UK based so it would be interesting to see if she becomes involved with them again)

Harry:
-Senteble
-Invictus
-Walking with the wounded
-African parks

The queen's commonwealth trust for both of them.

Since it is a baby shower gift for the couple, I would think to focus on those causes that are near and dear to the couple
Your suggestions are perfect! The people instigating the baby shower listed the six charities at the top of my post to donate to, but they encouraged people to donate to whatever charities they choose. I did see what I thought was a possible scammer soliciting donations and notified the organizers. I'm only going to post links for charities that I look into enough to satisfy myself that they are not trolls or scam artists.

Here's the Sussex Squad talking about it on a special podcast (thanks Maia-Mia for telling me about them!)

However, if the mods have a problem with this, I'll happily stop and remove the posts.

Lol. #GlobalSussexBabyShower is just getting started...

Last edited:
This is a lovely gesture from members of the public and I hope it keeps up! It seems that on Twitter most people are just donating to organisations the Sussex's are involved with closely such as the Mayhew Trust.

Yes, the child's position will be far more like Beatrice's or Eugenie's than Peter's or Zara's. Unless the rules are changed, he/she will be an HRH when Charles is King.

I did the exact calculations (posted elsewehere); Harry and Meghan's children are comparable to Beatrice and Eugenie in being 'needed'. So, far it seems the firm does fine without them as fulltime royals and has no plans to include them, so unless that changes, there is no need for any child of Harry and Meghan either to become a full-time royal.

In any case, I seriously doubt that either Meghan or Harry want their children to be full time working royals. They most likely will want their children to be fulfilled and happy at doing whatever means the most to them, and whatever they are good at doing. And I'm sure M&H will help their children discover all the talents and skills they may possess.

IMO, the Sussex offspring will not become HRH Prince/Princess when Charles inherits the throne. I would expect the Sussex children to retain whatever titles that are bestowed upon them at birth.

And if this child would like to become an actor/an actress and move to Hollywood?

And if this child would like to become an actor/an actress and move to Hollywood?

IMO, the more power to him/her. If that's where the child's dream path lies, it should be encouraged rather than discouraged. ?

The baby is almost already here. Any due date suggestions? I know babies have their own agenda, this is just for fun. I think the baby will be born around Louis' birthday, but I don't think it will be a May baby. But who knows. ;)

And that'll be his or her choice. I think the point is, he/she decides for him or herself, this child is a private citizen and should be given the opportunity to live life as such.

So basically a British version of Marius Borg Hoiby or the Danish Princes then? A kid with all the worldly advantages but no real responsibility or direction. Anyway I hope he or she turns out like Bea or Eugenie in character.

So basically a British version of Marius Borg Hoiby or the Danish Princes then? A kid with all the worldly advantages but no real responsibility or direction. Anyway I hope he or she turns out like Bea or Eugenie in character.

I don't know which part of what I said means no real responsibility or direction? Everyone has responsibilities in life. However, if he/she isn't going to be working royals, there is no responsibilities to attend engagements. And my point was they should decide for themselves, and the understanding there is that they should be given the opportunity to find their own direction.

I meant being responsible with finances , steady employment or housing . If he or she is a wastrel or jobless they will never end up on the street or hungry

That aside Hopefully their direction and choices does not reflect badly on the RF as They will still be the kings niece or nephew after all. You can can tell what a child will turn out like even with great parents and all the advantages and that’s a fact.

I meant being responsible with finances , steady employment or housing . If he or she is a wastrel or jobless they will never end up on the street or hungry

That aside Hopefully their direction and choices does not reflect badly on the RF as They will still be the kings niece or nephew after all. You can can tell what a child will turn out like even with great parents and all the advantages and that’s a fact.

I'm still at a loss to how what I said led to this? :lol: I mean, the child isn't even born yet, it's a little early to speculate if they'll be jobless and poor or not, isn't it?

It’s the same as speculation that they will dnd up in Hollywood or they will be successful in life. Just another perspective.

It’s the same as speculation that they will dnd up in Hollywood or they will be successful in life. Just another perspective.
Nobody is speculating they will. Just that if they want to, there is nothing wrong with it, but in the mean time, they are private individuals.

Well not completely. As in untitled and probably not a working royal I agree but You can’t be a really private person in these circles when your uncle or cousin is the King of England and most everything you say or do or wear is going to wrote on, photoed and nit picked in press , particularly if you are female.You know The American gossip and fashion press would fixate on her. Look for tattle and garbage to sell their rags.

Last edited:
Well not completely. You can’t be a really private person when your uncle or cousin is the King of England and most everything you say or do or wear is going to wrote on, photoed and nit picked in press , particularly if you are female.

My point is while that might happen as they get older, there is nothing wrong with their parents protecting them and letting them grow up without a lot of intrusions. The Wessexes have done a great job at it.

There are plenty of royals in Europe who have jobs and responsibilities but perform no or almost no engagements, so I’m puzzled as to why you picked out the one kid who isn’t a royal.

Because this topic is not about “plenty of royals” but concerns this particular child and his/her parents?

Because this topic is not about “plenty of royals” but concerns this particular child and his/her parents?

Then why bring up Marius. Your point was that if there are no royal responsibilities, then this child (who isn’t even here yet) will turn out like Marius (who’s barely an adult) and waste his life. You pick the worst example in a very long list of very wealthy people who perform no, or barely any, royal engagements.

I am sorry if my posting offends you. You can never tell tell what a child will turn out like and that’s an inportant thing to remember. If you recall I said I hope this child will be similar to Beatrice and Eugenie in outlook and character.

I'm still at a loss to how what I said led to this? :lol: I mean, the child isn't even born yet, it's a little early to speculate if they'll be jobless and poor or not, isn't it?

They won't. Just like the Queen Mother left her grandchildren and great-grandchildren a trust fond, the queen will do the same and then Charles as well. So any grandchild of Charles will be well protected with a secure source of income, as far as we can tell. I mean, we have no idea how the world is looking in 50 years. And I don't think too many people beside the tabloids will care how the Sussex kid is leading their life. Because honestly? We've seen it all before. Marrying bodyguards and fitness trainers? Getting pregnant unmarried? Taking drugs? Becoming professors? Talking to angels? Etc. - it's all been done by Royals before and the world is still as it is.

There were a few interesting details from the On Heir podcast that point to the low likelihood of a hospital photo op. For one thing, they said that by this point with Kate's pregnancies the press had generally been given at least a date for a logistical briefing (because at some point they have to clarify when press can set up, how many spots are available, etc.). So far it's been radio silence on that front.

The other thing is that they said the press have been watching the permit offices to see if that street outside the Lindo Wing (or similar area outside the hospitals closer to Frogmore/Windsor) is set to be closed to traffic. That has to be filed well ahead of time, so for Kate's deliveries they blocked it off for a whole month. Evidently press sniffed those out before getting their notice of the logistics briefings with each of her three...and they're already past the deadline for the hospitals to get that kind of permit for any dates in April and possibly too late to make it happen in May, too. No street closure means no place to put press risers for a formal, posed photo op.

:previous: Interesting. With the launch of the Sussex IG, it's looking more like that's where the 1st photos might be.

:previous: Interesting. With the launch of the Sussex IG, it's looking more like that's where the 1st photos might be.
True. It makes me think there won't be any photosession outside of the hospital. I think they will release an info when she's about to give birth, the birth annoucement, the name and after a month the first official pictures.

I think the photos will be published soon after the birth. I suspect they'll be like many new parents who are so excited to share their 1st photos as a family.

I am sorry if my posting offends you. You can never tell tell what a child will turn out like and that’s an inportant thing to remember. If you recall I said I hope this child will be similar to Beatrice and Eugenie in outlook and character.

You post did not offend me (if you meant me that is) it just surprised me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom