Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where I first heard of the Sussex Global Baby Shower

and I'm gonna say the names of the women who seem to have started this on their own:

Mel@serial-eyes,
Ocean's Millions@brenbrunchie and
Mimi@SchuylerSistas

I hope they get positive media attention for this. Kudos to you, ladies!

This is where I first heard of the Sussex Global Baby Shower

and I'm gonna say the names of the women who seem to have started this on their own:

Mel@serial-eyes,
Ocean's Millions@brenbrunchie and
Mimi@SchuylerSistas

I hope they get positive media attention for this. Kudos to you, ladies!

Absolutely correct. These are the ladies that started it, mostly Baby Sussex Au Pair on twitter (freepeeper).

I really hope there will be some pix of the baby… I may be a bit selfish but a few would be nice !

Kudos all round to some wonderful and heartwarming ideas!

I do think that Hashtag in Meghan's honour that is raising charitable donations all over the world is a fantastic gesture. And it's great that it's being done in the name of a woman that tabloids and much of social media like to trash all the time.

Yes, I believe 10+ working royals will be enough and the Sussex children won't be needed. After all, the reported plan is to make the working royal family smaller.

Edward and Sophie will be like the Kents and Gloucesters now. They will keep working under King Charles and then King William, they will not be cut off. That’s not how the royal family operates.

As mentioned before, the Sussex children will be Beatrice and Eugenie of their generation. And as we see, those two are not working royals.

For all we know, by the time William is king, things may have drastically changed in our world and the monarchy and perhaps the Sussex line will be needed to be Governor General and family of Mars and engagements and duties will be done by holographs. We just don't know what changes will happen over the next 25-30 some years. Maybe even by that time they'll finally resolve the Brexit issues too. :whistling:

If things go along the way things are going now and taking into consideration the rumor that Charles wants that "slimmed down monarchy", I do have to agree that the Sussex children will be the York princesses in that generation.

Regardless of the future, for now, Baby Sussex has us all waiting with bated breath for his/her grand entrance into this world. Reminds me that if there is anything that points to our Creator wanting this world to continue, its babies bringing new life and hope to us all.

Amazing! Simply amazing that this little mustard seed of an idea has taken root and is rapidly growing for this years Mothering Sunday/Mother's Day. Baby Sussex isn't even here yet and is already making an impact for good around the world (of course Mom and Dad are instrumental too). :D

We saw this happen with the cookbook incentive where people around the globe pushed the cookbook up to the best seller list. We're seeing the charities that Harry and Meghan are passionate about fuel responses globally to support them. This is really what its all about. Not a feud that's a tempest in a teapot or the brand of jeans worn or how many emails are sent in a day but the actual fact of making an impact and raising awareness of where there is a need and having it gain momentum globally so that need is resolved.

This is what being royal is all about. Not the jewels and the tiaras and the castles and perks or the popularity but serving out of a deep sense of responsibility and duty to really make a difference for others in our world.

Amazing! Simply amazing that this little mustard seed of an idea has taken root and is rapidly growing for this years Mothering Sunday/Mother's Day. Baby Sussex isn't even here yet and is already making an impact for good around the world (of course Mom and Dad are instrumental too). :D

We saw this happen with the cookbook incentive where people around the globe pushed the cookbook up to the best seller list. We're seeing the charities that Harry and Meghan are passionate about fuel responses globally to support them. This is really what its all about. Not a feud that's a tempest in a teapot or the brand of jeans worn or how many emails are sent in a day but the actual fact of making an impact and raising awareness of where there is a need and having it gain momentum globally so that need is resolved.

This is what being royal is all about. Not the jewels and the tiaras and the castles and perks or the popularity but serving out of a deep sense of responsibility and duty to really make a difference for others in our world.

Giving you a virtual standing ovation for this.??

#GlobalSussexBabyShower

I hope nobody minds.
I'm liking the idea of the Global Sussex Baby Shower and all it stands for so much that I'm going to post what I find about it here. If you think I'm overdoing it, just let me know. I don't intend to offend people. It's just very hard to resist posting stuff like this:

Did you read that? We floored them! (Now I want to take those ladies out to lunch. Don't you?)

P.S. I've not been around here for a bit because I was sick, then the Christchurch attacks happened. I spent over half a week in bed, hunting down and reporting copies of the video of the shooting as it was shared on Twitter and thinking of what a sewer social media seemed to be. Then Jacinda Ardern took hold of the unfolding events with both hands and turned the narrative to something positive and unifying (though she didn't use Twitter to do it). I think Baby Sussex's Au Pair@freepeeper's Baby Shower can do something like that for the Duchess of Sussex. At the very least, it can be an example of social media done right.

Last edited:
How is he skipping over them if they are already in commission? Also the Queen is practically doing the same thing with her cousins in favor of Beatrice and Eugenie so it isn't unprecedented.

The queen has had 4 children, Charles only two. That is a totally different situation. If Anne and Edward & Sophie didn't exist, Beatrice and Eugene would be doing Royal duties nowadays along with William & Harry. Okay, William already has 3 children, but nowadays doing Royal duties is not all young people hope to do for a living. Maybe Charlotte wants to become a marine biologist or decides to study arithmetic to become a teacher like one of the elder Spanish infantas? Or a model like Theodora Greece and Nicolai of Denmark? Edward & Sophie hoped for a different way of life at first than being working Royals. Back then it was very difficult, but times have changed and nowadays a prince or princess studying cinematography to become a director? Why not?

There's often been some goal post moving with Harry. First it was that he himself would never become a fulltime working Royal and how important he was to The Firm. Then that he would refuse a Dukedom for himself, now its the same thing about his children.

They are keeping track. There's a google doc that individuals could fill out. However, like myself, most people are donating without filling out the form afterwards. The organisations are the ones who would truly know how much was donated.

Everyone who is donating is using the #GlobalSussexBabyShower hashtag, and some of the charities and organisations are even tweeting about it. Camfed and Mayhew have been two that have sent out thanks for the many donations within the last 2 days. The event actually kicks off tonight, midnight British time and goes through Mother's Day in the US, so people have time to donate.
A lot of people might not even know about the google doc. I have to say, as much as I keep up with what’s happening in Sussex world, I didn’t know about it until now. Even though the person who started this follows me and vice versa. It’s a great idea, and I planned to donate the day of. Although some of them confused me by jumping the gun. :lol: Not a nice thing to do to someone who has been traveling overseas and still adjusting to normal life and day of the week.

It started as just an idea someone came up with after the article about a few ladies in Boca Raton that held a baby shower in honor of the baby and donated items to local charity. It has grown since then. In addition to the charities mentioned above, some went back to the charities announced by the Sussexes for donation in honor of their wedding and the YWCA in US whose counterpart in U.K. is getting a visit from Harry this week.

Apparently Meghan is saying no to the Lindo Wing

https://www-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.amp...hess-Cambridge-Princess-Diana-gave-birth.html

I can see not wanting to come out hours after birth to present the baby to the world but release a photo of Mom Dad and baby to the world on social media. It also prevents the Markles from showing up at the hospital and cashing in with their pictures. I can also see one magazine getting an exclusive photoshoot with Baby Sussex and at the Sussexes at their new home at Frogmore. That would be a coup.

We need an emoji that holds up a sign stating "Remember! This is the Fail". :D

I'll hold off here for an official release to the press pack on the impending birth and not take what the Faill says as gospel and try to make common sense out of what they print.

In some ways, I hope the press hears nothing about when she's started labour & there's just an announcement with happy family photo from KP.

There's often been some goal post moving with Harry. First it was that he himself would never become a fulltime working Royal and how important he was to The Firm. Then that he would refuse a Dukedom for himself, now its the same thing about his children.
This is just silly newspaper stories, same thng was said bout William. But H was never going to refuse a dukedom and I doubt if he ever seriously considered refusing to be a full time royal. He may not want HRH for the children but that's soemthigng that could change later...It might be better to let them have lesser titles as children and then if they are required later for ROyal duties, that can be changed at a later date

I hope The Duke and Duchess of Sussex go the Mike & Zara Tindall way especially with Lena. No hospital steps photos, no photos. This child is not going to be titled, or perform royal duties in the future, so why subject the child to public spectacle.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself to say the child will be like Zara/Peter.

The original poster was saying that they hoped the child's birth would occur without public photography as with the births of Zara and Peter's children, rather than comparing the child themself to Zara and Peter.

Being a legitimate child of a duke, the child will be entitled to the courtesy style of Lady or Earl if and when they carry no royal style.

The queen has had 4 children, Charles only two. That is a totally different situation. If Anne and Edward & Sophie didn't exist, Beatrice and Eugene would be doing Royal duties nowadays along with William & Harry. Okay, William already has 3 children, but nowadays doing Royal duties is not all young people hope to do for a living. Maybe Charlotte wants to become a marine biologist or decides to study arithmetic to become a teacher like one of the elder Spanish infantas? Or a model like Theodora Greece and Nicolai of Denmark? Edward & Sophie hoped for a different way of life at first than being working Royals. Back then it was very difficult, but times have changed and nowadays a prince or princess studying cinematography to become a director? Why not?

I've posted a reply here: :flowers: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/the-future-of-the-british-monarchy-44877-5.html#post2208177

Last edited:
Apparently Meghan is saying no to the Lindo Wing

https://www-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.amp...hess-Cambridge-Princess-Diana-gave-birth.html

I can see not wanting to come out hours after birth to present the baby to the world but release a photo of Mom Dad and baby to the world on social media. It also prevents the Markles from showing up at the hospital and cashing in with their pictures. I can also see one magazine getting an exclusive photoshoot with Baby Sussex and at the Sussexes at their new home at Frogmore. That would be a coup.

Giving an exclusive photoshoot to one particular magazine would be a very unwise move in my opinion, which would probably hurt the standing of the Sussexes with the press in general. What makes you think they would do such thing ?

In some ways, I hope the press hears nothing about when she's started labour & there's just an announcement with happy family photo from KP.

A family photo of the newborn with his/her parents in the hospital would be OK and in line with the practice of other royal families in the continent. On the other hand, releasing no public photo as some posters suggested here would not be wise in my opinion. Again, you can't compare Zara's children to Harry and Meghan's in terms of media attention.

Last edited:

Before Twitter came along that’s how we found out about royal births. The news are informed and then an announcement is made that way. Obviously some exceptions are made, like Lady Louise’s birth which wasn’t announced until the next morning as it happened late at night and was an emergency (and her dad wasn’t even there.)

I don’t see why we can’t go back to that and just have an announcement on Twitter that the baby is here and both are healthy. Also, if Meghan does have a c section then I don’t see why she even has to show her face until she leaves hospital 2 or 3 days later. I hate all this pressure put upon women to look a million bucks when they leave hospital. It’s not fair on them. I would love it if Meghan came out of hospital in her yoga pants and baggy jumper.

Why? SHe's a senior royal, and it is general practice for some time now for senior royal couples to make a brief appearance with the baby, It isn't for the Press, it is for her fans among the public...

Why? SHe's a senior royal, and it is general practice for some time now for senior royal couples to make a brief appearance with the baby, It isn't for the Press, it is for her fans among the public...

Yes and if they want to do the hospital steps thing then that's fine but I don't think any new mother should feel she has to just because others have done it. If Meghan prefers privacy then the public needs to be OK with that. That's what I mean about "in some ways" - for their privacy.

The original poster was saying that they hoped the child's birth would occur without public photography as with the births of Zara and Peter's children, rather than comparing the child themself to Zara and Peter.

There were outside the hospital photographs even when both Peter and Zara were born, taken as the family left the hospital.

I think the public has an expectation of seeing the new baby/family-so if the Sussexes are going to sneak away from the hospital they need to release photos ASAP.

Last edited:
Yes and if they want to do the hospital steps thing then that's fine but I don't think any new mother should feel she has to just because others have done it. If Meghan prefers privacy then the public needs to be OK with that. That's what I mean about "in some ways" - for their privacy.

If Meghan prefers privacy, then she picked the wrong family to marry in to. In theory, Harry and Meghan should be able to choose whether or not they make an appearance as they leave the hospital with the new baby or release a photo later, or whatever. But if they choose not to do the "presenting the baby to the world" photo op as they leave the hospital, it is naive to think that there won't be some (a lot) of negative commentary about it.

Personally, I think they should be able to do whatever they want, but in the real world, choosing that doesn't come without PR consequences.

And yet, it’s not the fans that will throw a fit if they skipped the photo call right after the birth and just present a photo like the Swedes do. Let’s not pretend it’s what the press expects and will demand because of monetary interest.

Last edited:
Personally I hope they skip the presentation. I never understood it and find it ridiculous. I would much rather they go home, get settled, and then take a sweet picture and send it to the press. Easy peasy.

The way the press drags Meghan now she will still get negative comments if she and Harry presented.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I hope they skip the presentation. I never understood it and find it ridiculous. I would much rather they go home, get settled, and then take a sweet picture and send it to the press. Easy peasy.

ACO - I agree with you

If Meghan prefers privacy, then she picked the wrong family to marry in to. In theory, Harry and Meghan should be able to choose whether or not they make an appearance as they leave the hospital with the new baby or release a photo later, or whatever. But if they choose not to do the "presenting the baby to the world" photo op as they leave the hospital, it is naive to think that there won't be some (a lot) of negative commentary about it.

Personally, I think they should be able to do whatever they want, but in the real world, choosing that doesn't come without PR consequences.

If she has the baby in somewhere like the Lindo then she probably won't be able to escape the exit photo op because the alternative is dashing out the back entrance at night while the press & public are camped out the front. That wouldn't go down well.

However, if she has the baby somewhere else that isn't publicised & the press don't know she's gone into labour, they could avoid the photo-call & as I said, in some ways I hope that happens but maybe Meghan doesn't mind either way & will just ride the wave of whatever happens.

My friends, baby Sussex is nearly here! The royal reporters will likely be briefed by the Kensington Palace soon. So we’ll be getting some info soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom