Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Unfortunately Louise was a whole month early, due to placental abruption. Edward was out of the country at the time and missed her birth.

Harry will stay much closer to home. As the due date approaches, he will likely stick with London or near by engagements so he is only a short jaunt to her side. And yes I'd expect he would leave an engagement if she went into labor. It would be understandable of course.

At the moment of Eugenie's wedding, she was past her 12-week scan; since that day 23 weeks have passed, so Meghan is at least in her 36th week now (35 weeks and 3 days).

I agree which is why I have chosen April 10 as my bet.

I am guessing mid April will be the debut of Baby Sussex but well all know babies have their own schedule. Either way, soooooon. And the countdown has officially begun.

I would love Baby Sussex to share Her Majesty birthday on April 21st

If the baby is born before April 20, it will be an Aries. If the baby is born after April 20, it will be a Taurus. But anything close to or on April 20 or a few days after will likely mean somewhat blended personality characteristics between Aries and Taurus.

Some famous Taurus personalities: George Clooney; Queen Elizabeth II; David Beckham. ?

I don't trust everything said by Emily Andrews. And I even have my doubts about Omid Scobie as well, though they both seem to have some in-the-know insider sources. In any case on their recent OnHeir podcast, restarted after a break, they intimated that there are no plans for the Sussexes to appear on the steps of Lindo Wing (or wherever) to present their baby to clamoring media and fans.

We won't know for sure until we do, of course. But Scobie and Andrews have indicated that there will more likely be just a photo released at some point, without any after birth hospital appearance by the Sussexes with their baby, whom they will be raising out of public view as much as possible, particularly as their offspring will not carry royal titles or duties.

There is going to be huge interest in the birth of the Sussex baby, but I'm inclined to believe that this report might be true -- no plans currently afoot for the Sussexes to appear on the steps of the hospital.

I am reminded that Prince Andrew (a third child and second son of a monarch) did present his two daughters with Fergie outside the hospital after their respective births. But their babies were also born royal princesses
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/22/article-2373635-1ABEF080000005DC-333_640x447.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/72/d7/cd/72d7cd1978d1d1efc223e2e5f49890fc.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/22/article-2373635-0091B3F800000190-551_636x802.jpg

Here are the Wessexes, with Lady Louise, and in the second image with James, Viscount Severn:
https://ca.hellomagazine.com/images/stories/0/2019/01/18/000/670/310/gallery_5_3.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/22/article-2373635-1ABE4185000005DC-117_638x449.jpg

Princess Anne, with her first born child, Peter:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/22/article-2373635-008DCA2000000190-149_640x664.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't trust everything said by Emily Andrews. And I even have my doubts about Omid Scobie as well, though they both seem to have some in-the-know insider sources. In any case on their recent OnHeir podcast, restarted after a break, they intimated that there are no plans for the Sussexes to appear on the steps of Lindo Wing (or wherever) to present their baby to clamoring media and fans.

We won't know for sure until we do, of course. But Scobie and Andrews have indicated that there will more likely be just a photo released at some point, without any after birth hospital appearance by the Sussexes with their baby, whom they will be raising out of public view as much as possible, particularly as their offspring will not carry royal titles or duties.

There is going to be huge interest in the birth of the Sussex baby, but I'm inclined to believe that this report might be true -- no plans currently afoot for the Sussexes to appear on the steps of the hospital.

I am reminded that Prince Andrew (a third child and second son of a monarch) did present his two daughters with Fergie outside the hospital after their respective births. But their babies were also born royal princesses
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/22/article-2373635-1ABEF080000005DC-333_640x447.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/72/d7/cd/72d7cd1978d1d1efc223e2e5f49890fc.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/22/article-2373635-0091B3F800000190-551_636x802.jpg

Here are the Wessexes, with Lady Louise, and in the second image with James, Viscount Severn:
https://ca.hellomagazine.com/images/stories/0/2019/01/18/000/670/310/gallery_5_3.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/22/article-2373635-1ABE4185000005DC-117_638x449.jpg

Princess Anne, with her first born child, Peter:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/22/article-2373635-008DCA2000000190-149_640x664.jpg

As regards pictures outside the hospital, there are reasonable arguments for and against it. My view is, the couple should just do what they are comfortable with, the "Firm" is probably unlikely to push them in either direction.

Some arguments for an appearance:
- Strong public interest
- Royal tradition
- Get the Press onside, try and turn the PR narrative around

Some arguments for avoiding an appearance:
- Do you really want to face the camera hours after giving birth?
- Baby not in the "main line", so can be avoided
- Why give the Press a chance, they have not been supportive!

- Get the Press onside, try and turn the PR narrative around...

From what I have been seeing and reading, many in the press have been rather gnarly toward H&M, and particularly toward Meghan for much of her pregnancy, which is rather unforgiving. I doubt the Sussexes feel any action they take will change any of the negativity in many quarters. Nor do they likely feel a need to use their first born to 'turn anything around' with the media. :ohmy:

Therefore, I tend toward agreeing with your latter arguments against:

Some arguments for avoiding an appearance:
- Do you really want to face the camera hours after giving birth?
- Baby not in the "main line", so can be avoided
- Why give the Press a chance, they have not been supportive!

Exactly. Although, I don't think appearing in public hours after giving birth would be a problem for Meghan, just as it certainly wasn't for Kate (what with all the care and backup available for them before, during and after giving birth). In any case, Harry and William are both known to be disinclined to be generous with their families' privacy. We have seen so very little of Prince Louis, for example. As the third child and second son, that's a situation that will likely continue. Contrast the memorable video of Prince William at around three with toddler Prince Harry banging on the piano at home with their parents vs how little we've actually seen of the Cambridge children inside their home (practically nothing except for the famous photo of Prince George in his white bathrobe greeting President Obama).

I am also reminded of how the much more obscure and little known among the mainstream, Prince Max and Princess Angela of Liechtenstein, closely protected their only child's privacy. There are public pictures of their son Prince Alfons when he was around 4 or 5 years old. But then absolutely nothing after that until he was around 15. Alfons will celebrate his 18th birthday on May 18, 2019.
https://www.townandcountry.ph/peopl...la-of-liechtenstein-facts-a1867-20180227-lfrm

Last edited:
From what I have been seeing and reading, many in the press have been rather gnarly toward H&M, and particularly toward Meghan for much of her pregnancy, which is rather unforgiving. I doubt the Sussexes feel any action they take will change any of the negativity in many quarters. Nor do they likely feel a need to use their first born to 'turn anything around' with the media. :ohmy:

Therefore, I tend toward agreeing with your latter arguments against:

Exactly. Although, I don't think appearing in public hours after giving birth would be a problem for Meghan, just as it certainly wasn't for Kate (what with all the care and backup available for them before, during and after giving birth). In any case, Harry and William are both known to be disinclined to be generous with their families' privacy. We have seen so very little of Prince Louis, for example. As the third child and second son, that's a situation that will likely continue. Contrast the memorable video of Prince William at around three with toddler Prince Harry banging on the piano at home with their parents vs how little we've actually seen of the Cambridge children inside their home (practically nothing except for the famous photo of Prince George in his white bathrobe greeting President Obama).

I am also reminded of how the much more obscure and little known among the mainstream, Prince Max and Princess Angela of Liechtenstein, closely protected their only child's privacy. There are public pictures of their son Prince Alfons when he was around 4 or 5 years old. But then absolutely nothing after that until he was around 15. Alfons will celebrate his 18th birthday on May 18, 2019.
https://www.townandcountry.ph/peopl...la-of-liechtenstein-facts-a1867-20180227-lfrm

Like I previously said, it is entirely their call, and they will decide what they want to do.

As regards their relationship with the Press, I guess they are probably wise enough to realise that that relationship does indeed ahve to be improved, and they need to figure out how they will go about it.

As regards their relationship with the Press, I guess they are probably wise enough to realise that that relationship does indeed have to be improved, and they need to figure out how they will go about it.

Actually, the Sussexes have received very positive press whenever they are on tour, or on walkabouts in Great Britain, or engaging in their public duties and humanitarian projects. Much of the pique by royal journalists, IMO, is more related to not having access the way they were accustomed to having with Prince Harry (particularly on his first tours) when he was more of a genial bachelor with fewer public duties and royal responsibilities. Now that Prince Harry is the Duke of Sussex with a wife and family to be concerned about, he's been keeping the press solidly at bay, the same as his brother William Duke of Cambridge has done. And as we are fully aware, the distance the brothers like to keep between themselves and the press is for a reason.

I believe that the Sussexes will continue to allow their many public duties, engagements, projects, and tour sightings to speak for them. If some quarters of the press are determined to be grumpy, negative and disagreeable, the distancing by the Sussexes and the drawing of a firm demarcating line around their privacy is only going to continue. Many in the media have already gone the negative route of no return. And frankly any attempts by the younger royals to appease the media will not change the negative behavior of a number of royal journalists and especially not of the tabloid media.

Per Omid we should be expecting an announcement after The PoW's trip to Cuba in regards to the Sussexes plans. So we'll see if that holds.

LaRae

I have another possible reason for no presentation of Baby Sussex on the hospital steps: concern that the Markles will show up and make a scene in front of the world's press, giving interviews on the spot and demanding to see the baby. After Sam showing up at KP uninvited and Jr with the help of tabloids showing up near wedding sites the BRF and family may have taken that into account. This should be about a historic birth: a child of African American lineage born a successor to the British and the Markles will make it about them.

I have another possible reason for no presentation of Baby Sussex on the hospital steps: concern that the Markles will show up and make a scene in front of the world's press, giving interviews on the spot and demanding to see the baby. After Sam showing up at KP uninvited and Jr with the help of tabloids showing up near wedding sites the BRF and family may have taken that into account. This should be about a historic birth: a child of African American lineage born a successor to the British and the Markles will make it about them.

Ah, that hadn't occurred to me at all, but indeed you may be right in that judgement. However, airport security would most likely be on the lookout for any of the Markles trying to fly over to England. And in fact, 'Samantha' is supposedly on Scotland Yard's 'fixated persons' list.

But it's true that the Sussexes may wish to avoid the added cost of security and searching people in the crowds that might be forming. It hasn't even yet been confirmed about where the baby will be born. Most observers are assuming the Lindo Wing.

I really seriously doubt that any of the Markles will be anywhere near the UK when Baby Sussex is born.

For one, Tom Jr. has his own problems of being evicted from his residence due to non payment of rent. Samantha will get no where near the Sussex family unless she's seriously considering mowing the crowd down with a high powered wheelchair but I don't think she's that demented to believe it would work. I don't expect Tom, Sr. either.

These people may have been outspoken and down right rude in their vocalization of their opinions on Meghan but I do think they have sense enough to not show up where they know they would not be welcomed.

All that said, I think Harry and Meghan will do what they feel comfortable doing and however they handle the birth, its fine with me. ?

What H&M decide to do is definitely their own business and their own choice. I'd love to see a photo-op outside the hospital, but I respect the Sussexes' desire to preserve their privacy and protect their newborn. Frankly, there is still such a large contingent of negative trolls and irked journalists who have been OTT that I would understand the Sussexes being wary of sharing too much of their new baby for royal journalists and tabloids to nitpick over and create clickbait about.

That said, I do hope they will release some nice photos. And I wish we could see pictures of Guy again, and the new pup. I got used to Meghan sharing pictures of her dogs in her former life. I wonder how Bogart is faring with his new family.

I hope The Duke and Duchess of Sussex go the Mike & Zara Tindall way especially with Lena. No hospital steps photos, no photos. This child is not going to be titled, or perform royal duties in the future, so why subject the child to public spectacle.

This child will be titled when Charles becomes King. I think you are getting ahead of yourself to say the child will be like Zara/Peter. They may end up along the lines of Eugenie/Beatrice who do do some small amount of events on behalf of the Family/Monarchy.

LaRae

This child will be titled when Charles becomes King. I think you are getting ahead of yourself to say the child will be like Zara/Peter. They may end up along the lines of Eugenie/Beatrice who do do some small amount of events on behalf of the Family/Monarchy.

LaRae

Yes, the child's position will be far more like Beatrice's or Eugenie's than Peter's or Zara's. Unless the rules are changed, he/she will be an HRH when Charles is King.

Yes, the child's position will be far more like Beatrice's or Eugenie's than Peter's or Zara's. Unless the rules are changed, he/she will be an HRH when Charles is King.

And we should not forget that the queen has 4 children plus 2 spouses to support her, plus two grandsons and wifes and some elederly relatives from the Windsor-male line, while Charles, once his relatives retire, might be happy to have grandchildren to perform Royal duties. At least having 4 sons/wifes and 4 grandchildren enables him to allow some of his grandchildren to go their own way when it comes to profession.

And we should not forget: when Royals are popular, people cannot get enough public appointments with them. They are surely more attractive as politicians when it comes to making headlines in support of charities or public offices. At the moment Kate eg is not yet a full-time Senior Royal, but is surely supported by the "firm" to bring up her children in a close-knit nucleus family with William. Once the kids are old enough to be enrolled in a boarding school, Kate will surely do much more, especially once she is the new Princess of Wales.

Harry and Meghan attract the public as well - while certain papers don't like them, others report happily of how they bring Royal shine to all corners of the UK. And honestly: as a Royal you simply don't go to republican parties, you stick with people who want a monarchy and the UK has enough of those to spend a life-time fulfilling Royal duties.

As for the future Sussex-kids: I don't think I will see it, but I am sure once the kid(s) are old enough to understand what position they can have in the firm, if they want to, they can start to build them up as future working Royals or let them be in the background to do with their life what they want to.

So just wait and see. But it is clear that there will be a time where the Sussex-kids could become working Royals because there is more demand for (popular) Royals than they will have those around. IMHO, of course.

I have similar views...I think by the time Charles is King there's going to be a need for other Royals to help out...certainly by the time William is King. There's no way by the time it's down to William they could carry out the engagements going on currently.

LaRae

I have a feeling people are forgetting how old Charles is. The man is 70. This means that it is highly unlikely that the Sussex children will be old enough to do royal duties while Charles is alive.

It’s King William who will decide about Harry’s kids. And in 30 years it is quite possible that George, Charlotte, Louis + spouses will all be working royals. This would make it at least 10 full time working royals, probably more with Edward and Sophie. I really don’t think the UK needs more than that.

I did the exact calculations (posted elsewehere); Harry and Meghan's children are comparable to Beatrice and Eugenie in being 'needed'. So, far it seems the firm does fine without them as fulltime royals and has no plans to include them, so unless that changes, there is no need for any child of Harry and Meghan either to become a full-time royal.

I have a feeling people are forgetting how old Charles is. The man is 70. This means that it is highly unlikely that the Sussex children will be old enough to do royal duties while Charles is alive.

It’s King William who will decide about Harry’s kids. And in 30 years it is quite possible that George, Charlotte, Louis + spouses will all be working royals. This would make it at least 10 full time working royals, probably more with Edward and Sophie. I really don’t think the UK needs more than that.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your last paragraph. Are you saying that in 30 years, you don't see a need for the Sussex child/ren to be doing royal duties?

So, in 30 years, you expect William, if he needs people, to skip over his brother's children (aged 30ish) for Edward and Sophie (aged 85-ish)?

Posting this here and in the Baby thread.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...WHBZ&utm_medium=social-media&src=socialflowTW
A Hashtag in Meghan Markle's Honor Has Helped Raise Charitable Donations All Over the World

It began a few days ago on Twitter, and I was waiting for a publication to pick it up before I posted here.

What a wonderful project for the Global baby shower. Watch her critics, trolls, etc. get stressed and pressed, claiming it's a publicity stunt and the Sussexes are pocketing the money. Whatever. It proves the nastiness is not working and the critics are not as the influencers they think they are.

Her patronages and a few other organizations connected to the Sussexes have been tweeting out support. It’s a great fundraiser. Good for them.

What a wonderful project for the Global baby shower. Watch her critics, trolls, etc. get stressed and pressed, claiming it's a publicity stunt and the Sussexes are pocketing the money. Whatever. It proves the nastiness is not working and the critics are not as the influencers they think they are.

It was actually started by twitter royal watchers who love the DoS who were called "bots" by a royal reporter who shall remain nameless here. No one is pocketing anything, because anyone who donates is doing so directly to the organisations. You can choose one of the selected three, Mayhew, Camfed or Well Child, or you can donate your time to a charity of your choosing. Some have also included other organisations such as Sentenbale, Queen's Commonwealth Trust, St. Jude Cancer Centre for Kids, One25 and more.

It's a great way to kick off Mothering Day in the UK. It's running to Mother's Day in U.S. which is May 12th.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...WHBZ&utm_medium=social-media&src=socialflowTW
A Hashtag in Meghan Markle's Honor Has Helped Raise Charitable Donations All Over the World

It began a few days ago on Twitter, and I was waiting for a publication to pick it up before I posted here.

Isn't that exciting? I saw that begin on Twitter and I hope more media outlets cover that version of the Meghan Effect.

Honestly, I'm getting so disgusted with the Mail, Express, Sun, etc., that I hardly read them anymore.

I hope someone, somewhere, is keeping track of the total donations, both time and money, to all the different charities. Can you imagine how Harry would feel, finding the partner he picked has this effect?

The Queen, Charles, William... I hope they all find out the Meghan Effect is deeper, farther-reaching and more positive than they now suspect.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your last paragraph. Are you saying that in 30 years, you don't see a need for the Sussex child/ren to be doing royal duties?

So, in 30 years, you expect William, if he needs people, to skip over his brother's children (aged 30ish) for Edward and Sophie (aged 85-ish)?
How is he skipping over them if they are already in commission? Also the Queen is practically doing the same thing with her cousins in favor of Beatrice and Eugenie so it isn't unprecedented.

I remember when the royal bloggers had a fundraiser for George’s birth. A lot of money was raised for some fabulous charities.
I hope this fundraiser is at least equally successful and charities get a lot of donations.

I hope someone, somewhere, is keeping track of the total donations, both time and money, to all the different charities. Can you imagine how Harry would feel, finding the partner he picked has this effect?

The Queen, Charles, William... I hope they all find out the Meghan Effect is deeper, farther-reaching and more positive than they now suspect.

They are keeping track. There's a google doc that individuals could fill out. However, like myself, most people are donating without filling out the form afterwards. The organisations are the ones who would truly know how much was donated.

Everyone who is donating is using the #GlobalSussexBabyShower hashtag, and some of the charities and organisations are even tweeting about it. Camfed and Mayhew have been two that have sent out thanks for the many donations within the last 2 days. The event actually kicks off tonight, midnight British time and goes through Mother's Day in the US, so people have time to donate.

I remember when the royal bloggers had a fundraiser for George’s birth. A lot of money was raised for some fabulous charities.
I hope this fundraiser is at least equally successful and charities get a lot of donations.

I remember this, and it was a worthy cause. There is a difference though in that this was started by just a normal woman who was tired of the negativity that the DoS was getting and decided to turn it into a positive thing. She is not a royal blogger, so I give her major props. In fact, I give anyone whether blogger or not kudos for initiating something like this.

Yes, I believe 10+ working royals will be enough and the Sussex children won't be needed. After all, the reported plan is to make the working royal family smaller.

Edward and Sophie will be like the Kents and Gloucesters now. They will keep working under King Charles and then King William, they will not be cut off. That’s not how the royal family operates.

As mentioned before, the Sussex children will be Beatrice and Eugenie of their generation. And as we see, those two are not working royals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom