Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the point we are at, I wish they just do private photo and a short video inside the hospital with their families à la christening photos and post them at KP instagram. After all she has been through, she shouldn't reward the UK press and I am polite with the word i am using, with an event at the step of the hospital they will them monetize on the covers of their trashy publications

Speaking as a first time mum who is being induced tomorrow I am so glad we won’t have a press appearance to worry about!!

For Harry and Meghan I feel that it will be expected of them. William and Catherine have appeared briefly with all three babies and Harry’s cousins were all presented to the press on leaving hospital. I feel that if they decide not to and sneak out a back door they will be torn apart by the media for it. It would just be simpler to appear briefly on the way to the car. No need to do a dress and heels necessarily, each to their own!

Good luck!!!

At the point we are at, I wish they just do private photo and a short video inside the hospital with their families à la christening photos and post them at KP instagram. After all she has been through, she shouldn't reward the UK press and I am polite with the word i am using, with an event at the step of the hospital they will them monetize on the covers of their trashy publications
I would love it

We will know if the Police put up cattle pens for the waiting media. I am always amazed the the flashes don't harm the babies eyes. I guess they have to take the good with the bad so they'll play the game and then disappear into Windsor.

Speaking as a first time mum who is being induced tomorrow I am so glad we won’t have a press appearance to worry about!!

For Harry and Meghan I feel that it will be expected of them. William and Catherine have appeared briefly with all three babies and Harry’s cousins were all presented to the press on leaving hospital. I feel that if they decide not to and sneak out a back door they will be torn apart by the media for it. It would just be simpler to appear briefly on the way to the car. No need to do a dress and heels necessarily, each to their own!
Best of luck and wishing you a speedy recovery! Hope you and your baby will both be healthy and happy tomorrow :flowers:

Has there been any official word that Meghan's mother Doria will be in England when the baby is born?

Has there been any official word that Meghan's mother Doria will be in England when the baby is born?

No. It's highly likely that she might be but unlikely that anything will be announced beforehand. She has a job and a life in LA and flew in and out quite quickly for the wedding and Together launch, the only times IIRC that she's been photographed in the UK, although there are rumours of others. I sure she will be there for the Christening unless earth shaking events prevent her.

Good luck for tomorrow and congratulations! :flowers:
I agree - now that main public interest has moved more on to Harry and Meghan rather than the Cambridges, I'd think that they would definitely be expected to have an official press appearance with Baby Sussex. Perhaps not for any future siblings depending on their personal preferences but definitely for the first child.

I would not be surprised if they plan like they did in the wedding and limit the media. I hope they just use the American media.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised if they plan like they did in the wedding and limit the media. I hope they just use the American media.

I understand the frustration with some of the UK RRs, but the Sussexes NEED the British press. .

Doing a hospital presentation can really help with that and also help with the IMO mismanaged press relations around the wedding. I understand how seemingly archaic it may seem to make a woman get fussed up after giving birth to do a dog and pony show before the world, but it also helps people make connections to the royal couple/build fondness/and helps them with the press in the long run.

And selfishly, I want to see Harry holding his child. I've been hoping for that for so long! :wub:

Last edited:
For the Sussexes to only give access to the US media would in practice kill off any goodwill they have both with the British public and with the British press. In general they're very popular with both public and the media even if the gutter press are hounding them in the same way they're hounding anyone else in the public eye. All serious British royal reporters heaps praise at Meghan both for her work and for the way she's made Harry more accessible to the public and the press. This does not mean that they're not to be subject of constructive criticism like every other member of the publicly funded Royal family (no lecture of the Duchies of Cornwall and Lancaster needed thank you).
That many royal watchers, both long time Meghan fans who are new to this and long time royal watchers, have concocted a narrative where its the UK press only and not the US press at all that is out to get the Sussexes, and Meghan in particular, when it's evident that the US press gladly prints the same stories as the ones seen in other English language contries is both a falsification of facts and contraproductive to what Meghan and Harry are trying to do with their work.
Point of my "I haven't had my morning coffee yet" rant is that it would neither be possible to exclude the UK press from having access to the newborn baby nor would it be wise from a PR point of view. That said I've always been puzzled by the Lindo wing mayhem and would have chosen releasing privately taken pictures at the time of birth to be followed by a more controlled photo op if it was down to me.
What ever they choose I'm absolutely sure that it'll be both what they want and good for the public. Meghan definitely knows what she's doing.

Actually, I would love to see a blissful couple that looks a bit rough around the edges, tired but happy and giving us a peek at Sussex baby No 1. Harry said at their last engagement that Meghan is carrying a "big baby" which is no surprise since Bump is big and active.

The media is saying that Louis holds the current royal record weighing in at very healthy 8lbs 7oz but they are wrong, Zara's daughter Lena holds the record at a bouncing 9lbs 3ozs. All I can say is youch!

Last edited:
Poor Meghan! Better her than me with that big baby and she's only about 7 months now? Ouch is right! Harry better have one hell of a push present!

And I agree with those that say maintain tradition and do the press meeting. A few minutes of showing the baby to the world will save them months of press anger if they don't.

And it's not just the world's media to think about. There is the PUBLIC as well who turn out in HUGE numbers to support Harry and Meghan on their engagements. Those die hard monarchists spend weeks camping out to see the royal babies.

So I see the hospital photocall is about showing appreciation to the PUBLIC more so than the MEDIA who is just a necessary evil in those circumstances.

Last edited:
I understand the frustration with some of the UK RRs, but the Sussexes NEED the British press. .

Doing a hospital presentation can really help with that and also help with the IMO mismanaged press relations around the wedding. I understand how seemingly archaic it may seem to make a woman get fussed up after giving birth to do a dog and pony show before the world, but it also helps people make connections to the royal couple/build fondness/and helps them with the press in the long run.

And selfishly, I want to see Harry holding his child. I've been hoping for that for so long! :wub:

No, the British media NEED them.

No, the British media NEED them.

They need each other. People can feel however they want to feel but both sides rely on each other a lot. Now there need to be a balance and shifts of power clearly come into play but in order to survive they 100% need each other. To think otherwise is naive. The media and royalty will always be a push and pull relationship.

Poor Meghan! Better her than me with that big baby and she's only about 7 months now? Ouch is right! Harry better have one hell of a push present!

And I agree with those that say maintain tradition and do the press meeting. A few minutes of showing the baby to the world will save them months of press anger if they don't.

And it's not just the world's media to think about. There is the PUBLIC as well who turn out in HUGE numbers to support Harry and Meghan on their engagements. Those die hard monarchists spend weeks camping out to see the royal babies.

So I see the hospital photocall is about showing appreciation to the PUBLIC more so than the MEDIA who is just a necessary evil in those circumstances.

This is a key point--a lot of the public supports Meghan and Harry.

Maybe some family photos released by KP as they are whisked off to Frogmore or Nott Cott from the hospital would be enough for the public?

I suppose that would also inspire bitterness with the reporters and photographers though.

Last edited:
The best thing would be to have a professional photographer at the hospital to take some high quality pictures of the baby and his or her proud parents that will be released to the press ASAP. Then let the Sussex family be..... I have felt bad for Kate having to walk out there ASAP to let people scream, flashlights go off and to satisfy journalists when all she probably wanted was to quitely leave through the garage...

I don't see Harry and Meghan carrying a grudge against the British media to the point of excluding them when their child is born. Meghan, from what I have come to know of her, doesn't seem to be the type of person that would carry a grudge. Besides, carrying this child which seems to be a nice sized little one is enough. Besides... grudges shed horribly. :D

@JR76 You do know that the only thing that is really "publicly funded" when it comes to the British royal family is their security right? Nothing else. ;)

If Baby Sussex is delivered at the Lindo Wing, I'd be surprised if there wasn't the usual 3 minute photo op. It would be unusual if there weren't just because the Cambridges set the precedent there so recently. However, if the baby is delivered at a different hospital, with a less convenient for reporters set-up, they might be able to get away with releasing a photograph taken inside the hospital by a single professional photographer. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out, but I, for one, think either way would be just fine.

If it happens that there is a photo op when leaving the hospital as a family, I'll consider it a gift they've given to the public and want to share their joy with us. If they have a professional take a picture to release to the public, that is also a gift from them to us. If they choose to keep it all private, I'll also respect that as I don't feel they *owe* us anything at all.

For me, its an accept what is given with gratitude and respect their privacy if that is what the deem is necessary.

I'm sorry but if the Sussex's were to allow access/pictures only to the American press then there would be merry hell. The point would be made that actually the likes of the Times, Telegraph, Guardian, BBC, Sky News etc have actually pretty much played by the rules - yes they have commented on the coverage of Meghan when it has reached a point it can not be ignored - but they haven't been creating the fake news and stirring trouble. Just as many American media outlets are responsible for the drama and fake news around Meghan so why just single out the British press?

If they didn't allow the British press access what we have seen so far would look like child's play, they would go after Harry and Meghan in every way they could, stir up trouble and do this and not report on their visits and public work etc. It would also be pointed out that Meghan and Harry have by no means shied away from playing the media when they need to - you can't have your cake and eat it.

Whether Harry and Meghan like it or not they need the British press it's just the way it is.

The American press has been nowhere near the field day British press has been having. Times got themselves into the Tiaragate after The Sun. One thing I didn't expect to see, the TImes quoting the Sun.

Anyways, I doubt the British press would be satisfied with anything other than a photocall. Even a controlled environment with a professional photographer will not satisfy. Just refer back to the whining when only PA photographers were allowed in front of the steps at St. George's Chapel.

They cant' have it both ways. If she wants to be a PRincess and have a royal role, a short appearance with her baby, is one of the things she's expected to do....

Has the hospital where the baby is to be born been officially released by the Palace? If not, how will the media know which hospital to be at?

I doubt KP will be making official announcements about Doria Radlan's travel plans.

... If they didn't allow the British press access what we have seen so far would look like child's play, they would go after Harry and Meghan in every way they could, stir up trouble and do this and not report on their visits and public work etc. It would also be pointed out that Meghan and Harry have by no means shied away from playing the media when they need to - you can't have your cake and eat it. Whether Harry and Meghan like it or not they need the British press...

Ha, trouble is being stirred up every day with a cherry on top, mainly for the clicks. Fat chance that the Sussexes' royal visits and public work won't be reported on, as some kind of ridiculous, childish backlash. ?

They cant' have it both ways. If she wants to be a PRincess and have a royal role, a short appearance with her baby, is one of the things she's expected to do....

:lol: Who needs who more though? :D As Prince Philip once said in his inimitable way, the royal family could walk away at any time. The Queen serves out of a deep sense of duty and tradition.

Plus, who said the Sussexes aren't going to make an appearance with their baby? Meghan has been quite open with fans and people she meets at events in answering their questions about her pregnancy in a discreet yet charming and down-to-earth way. Everyone here is just speculating, guessing, conjecturing and opining.

Has the hospital where the baby is to be born been officially released by the Palace? If not, how will the media know which hospital to be at?

Why would any official release be made now or ever? Especially at this early juncture? Meghan is about just over 6 months right now. No announcement may be made at all, particularly in this current frenzied atmosphere. For all we know, the speculation about Frimley Park Hospital was somehow floated purposely to throw the hounds off the scent. And then the recent reports that Lindo Wing staff was advised to not make any time off plans in April and May has fueled more mystery and uncertainty. The Lindo Wing could be expecting anybody in April or May. ;) But chances are the Sussex baby will be delivered there if it's felt to be the best location security-wise.

I'm just praying the best for the Sussexes and their new addition, and hoping they are enjoying this time to the fullest. It's a very special time for them, regardless of all the outside noise. I'm sure their dearest friends and family are busy cordoning off a peaceful bubble for them in their private lives.

Last edited:

The press will be briefed on all of this. Likely St. Mary’s, Lindo Wing. Just revisit the way things was done leading up to the Cambridge births. That’s pretty much how the Sussex births will go.

The press will be briefed on all of this. Likely St. Mary’s, Lindo Wing. Just revisit the way things was done leading up to the Cambridge births. That’s pretty much how the Sussex births will go.

:previous: Maybe, and maybe not. We won't find out until we do.

They need each other... both sides rely on each other a lot. Now there need to be a balance and shifts of power clearly come into play but in order to survive they 100% need each other...

It really doesn't matter who needs who. It's a matter of respect being shown on both sides and a bit less scooping mentality and trashy tabloid intrusiveness.

But keeping this in reference to baby Sussex's anticipated birth: I personally think a bit of sanity and common sense is in order, particularly in these last few months prior to the baby's arrival. There needs to be more understanding and respect for the privacy of the Sussexes. If that would occur, which I don't think is likely on the part of the less reputable media outlets, but if more respect and consideration did transpire, perhaps the Sussexes would be a bit more open and forthcoming and sharing. Part of the issue is Harry's and his brother's formative experiences with the media hounding their mother. As a result, they are both very much on guard about protecting their wives and families. We know how their parents' lives were complicated by outside intrusiveness. Wm & Harry want to preempt that happening to their wives and children. Fortunately Wm & Harry are in loving relationships.

However, in some quarters, there's unfortunately a bit of OTT interest and a tendency toward thinking H&M owe us something. The Sussexes can decide whatever they choose regarding the birth of their baby, but I'm sure they will not want a circus atmosphere to ensue outside the hospital. For their wedding, it was much easier for them and the security protection to organize and control the crowds. So perhaps some advance thought and preparation is going into managing the venue where the birth will ultimately take place.

A lot of what's going on is not normal criticism. It's excessive and petty. The critiques about Meghan's baby bump behavior and what she wears are simply relentless and trivial. She should be treated with more respect, and more care should be taken to focus on substantive details about the work the Sussexes are both doing. Meghan should be respected as a hardworking pregnant Mom-to-be who has taken on a huge amount and has been managing with flying colors. But she's human and so I'm praying for her and Harry that they are privately closing out the world during their down time and taking care of themselves and ensuring that their relationship is protected and nurtured and that they are okay and their baby will be okay.

Most likely, there will be a photo-op as usual after the birth, but probably brief. We haven't seen a great deal of Prince Louis since his birth, even less than we've seen of Prince George and Princess Charlotte when they were babies. So, it will probably be pretty much the same with the Sussex baby. I mean we still haven't even seen the Sussexes new dog. I must say that I do miss seeing beagle Guy, as Meghan shared pictures of him and Bogart so often on her Instagram. Meghan may look back and really appreciate that former time in her life. But I think she's a person who appreciates everything in her life and cherishes every good moment. She seems to look at the glass half-full and make the best of every situation.

Last edited:
I don't know if this information is true, as it has not been confirmed, but I read in a recent issue of US weekly that Meghan and Harry are actually playing it by ear regarding what hospital they might use for the baby's birth. That's reportedly because they can't be certain of the exact date they will be moving into Frogmore House, so they want to have more than one hospital option available. It's also reported but unconfirmed that security has completed trial runs to the hospitals the Sussexes are considering in order to be on top of contingency plans.

The article also mentions that the Sussexes will either take the baby back to Nott Cott if they haven't moved into Frogmore by the baby's birth, or directly to their rented home in the Cotswolds. I'm sure this is all up in the air by this point, since H&M are planning to give up the rental after pictures of the property were outed in the press.

I don't know if this information is true, as it has not been confirmed, but I read in a recent issue of US weekly that Meghan and Harry are actually playing it by ear regarding what hospital they might use for the baby's birth. That's reportedly because they can't be certain of the exact date they will be moving into Frogmore House, so they want to have more than one hospital option available. It's also reported but unconfirmed that security has completed trial runs to the hospitals the Sussexes are considering in order to be on top of contingency plans.

The article also mentions that the Sussexes will either take the baby back to Nott Cott if they haven't moved into Frogmore by the baby's birth, or directly to their rented home in the Cotswolds. I'm sure this is all up in the air by this point, since H&M are planning to give up the rental after pictures of the property were outed in the press.
Doesn't sound like a good idea.. I would want to know what hospital I was goig to, to have my baby. I can't see what the problem is with them settling at Nottingham Cottage for the next few months and then unless something happens, they will be on the spot for St M's Paddington... which is probably the best hospital for Meg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom