Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That baby is probably doing one of Harry’s dance moves. :lol:

Does she really need to face the Press? Its not that it will be a main-line baby? They could always just release a picture of the baby on Twitter. Some might argue that it is a more modern way of dealing with the issue, and not subjecting the new mother to a photocall so soon after giving birth.

I agree with the argument that it's ridiculous to expect women to do the photocall. However, the press will have a field day over it. People keep going on and on about how they aren't mainline and not important. Yet how did the press react when only PA photographers were allowed for the wedding? The media certainly doesn't think they aren't important. Especially British media.

And if we go by the strictest sense of "need". Does anyone need to? I don't recall foreign royals from the mainline all doing it.

Last edited:
This photo of Harry glancing down lovingly at Meghan's baby bump is rather sweet too. ? Maybe it's been discussed already.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royal...lovingly-meghan-markle-baby-bump-see-picture/

The latest issue of ITV's Royal Rota which I posted in the Royal Library Electronic Domain, discusses the gossip about what hospital M&H might choose, and the report that they are planning to move into Frogmore Cottage in March.

Last edited:
Does she really need to face the Press? Its not that it will be a main-line baby? They could always just release a picture of the baby on Twitter. Some might argue that it is a more modern way of dealing with the issue, and not subjecting the new mother to a photocall so soon after giving birth.

Given how minutely everyone seems to be following her pregnancy, I can't imagine that people would be very happyif she didn't show off the baby as soon as she could....

I honestly expect the biggest shout out to the world that the baby has arrived to come from Harry. As much as Harry wears his heart on his sleeve and shows his emotions freely, I don't think there'll be anything that will be able to contain his happiness and joy at the arrival of his first born child.

I am so looking forward to that day. :D

I agree with the argument that it's ridiculous to expect women to do the photocall. However, the press will have a field day over it. People keep going on and on about how they aren't mainline and not important. Yet how did the press react when only PA photographers were allowed for the wedding? The media certainly doesn't think they aren't important. Especially British media.

And if we go by the strictest sense of "need". Does anyone need to? I don't recall foreign royals from the mainline all doing it.

If there is no photocall before Harry and Meghan leave the hospital with the baby, there will be a firestorm in the press (with the potential for minor grievance in a small portion of the public).

There is no precedence in the BRF for "just the mainline" to have the leaving hospital photocall - Andrew and Sarah did it for both their daughters, Edward and Sophie did it for both children, and Anne did too with Zara (a nurse carried Peter so it's not the same).

For the foreign royals: in Denmark and Spain, all the royal babies within the past two decades have had photocalls as they left the hospital; in Belgium, the King and Queen did so with their four children, as did Princess Astrid with at least her last daughter, as well as her elder son and daughter-in-law with their first child; in Luxembourg, we got a photocall from Prince Felix and Princess Claire with their first child. However, no photocalls in Norway, Sweden or the Netherlands (but the Netherlands do have the father present the newborn to the press quickly the day after).

There isn't a "must" or "mustn't", or rhyme or reason, really.

I've often wondered why they don't have their own photographer just release a nice little picture taken within the hospital, the room or their private 'lounge' area in their suite.

That way they get privacy, public gets their photo/s and the only loosers are the media scrum, who, quiet frankly, aren't owed anything. They will turn on a dime from fawning to attack regardless so I wouldn't be bothered about them overmuch myself.

Standing on the steps of wherever presenting a newborn to the whole world and his dog just leaves me a little bit cold. On the other hand, I can understand a proud parent wanting to share their moment too. I hope Harry and Meghan have the freedom to do as they feel when the time comes.

I hope that Harry and Meghan wouldn't feel pressured to do a photo call if they really don't want to, but if they decide against it I'm sure the press will furious. Whether they do or don't, I also hope that they don't feel obligated to go home with the baby sooner than they would otherwise choose just to get some privacy.

Yeah I fully expect a photo session with the media with the baby. The drama of not doing it is not worth it. Give the press and public what they want. It’s like 3 minutes of your time to avoid weeks of nonsense.

They will. We’ll see the Sussex family outside of the hospital.

I would be surprised if they didn't have some sort of appearance with the baby for a 5 min photo call (weather permitting) before they leave.

LaRae

I really hope so ! I would be very disappointed if they didn't ! And I think I would not be the only one !

However, no photocalls in Norway, Sweden or the Netherlands (but the Netherlands do have the father present the newborn to the press quickly the day after).

Just for the record: the Dutch king (then prince of Orange) presented his eldest daughters (both born in the afternoon) to the press on their day of birth - as Ariane was born at 10 pm, in her case her father presented her the day after - and gave a short press conference. I kind of like this approach (of what I do consider a photo call). The press gets to see the baby but the mother can take her time to recover before she has to face the press. A little later pictures are released of the complete family.

Nonetheless, I do expect H&M to follow British custom and present their baby together.

Last edited:
Considering Anne and Edward did with their kids, and even Edward wanted his kids private, there is no reason to think Harry and Meghan wont do photos.

He might not be now, but when his dad is king, he will be in the exact same place as Andrew was. And his child only one step further (when Beatrice was born her Uncle already had two kids).

Different countries may not do the photo calls. But in the UK its custom.

If there is no photocall before Harry and Meghan leave the hospital with the baby, there will be a firestorm in the press (with the potential for minor grievance in a small portion of the public).

There is no precedence in the BRF for "just the mainline" to have the leaving hospital photocall - Andrew and Sarah did it for both their daughters, Edward and Sophie did it for both children, and Anne did too with Zara (a nurse carried Peter so it's not the same).

For the foreign royals: in Denmark and Spain, all the royal babies within the past two decades have had photocalls as they left the hospital; in Belgium, the King and Queen did so with their four children, as did Princess Astrid with at least her last daughter, as well as her elder son and daughter-in-law with their first child; in Luxembourg, we got a photocall from Prince Felix and Princess Claire with their first child. However, no photocalls in Norway, Sweden or the Netherlands (but the Netherlands do have the father present the newborn to the press quickly the day after).

photos of various Swedish royals leaving the hospital with new babies-

https://www.hellomagazine.com/image...e/0-146-865/princess-victoria-baby-a.jp-a.jpg

https://www.hellomagazine.com/image...-oneill-leave-hospital/0-89-734/trio-1--a.jpg

https://us.hellomagazine.com/imagen...eave-hospital/0-151-468/princess-sofia--z.jpg

Last edited:
I do have to admit I loved how Daniel gave a press conference after the birth of Estelle and actually I'd love to see the same from Harry.

Victoria and Daniel of Sweden, to me, are the closest match to Harry and Meghan emotionally that I've ever seen. These are couples that tell us the honeymoon doesn't end. :D

I hope that Harry and Meghan wouldn't feel pressured to do a photo call if they really don't want to, but if they decide against it I'm sure the press will furious. Whether they do or don't, I also hope that they don't feel obligated to go home with the baby sooner than they would otherwise choose just to get some privacy.

Well, I'm hoping for some eventual photos of M&H with their new baby and their two dogs, beagle Guy and the unknown named new Lab pup. :prettyplease:

I believe there was no photo all, but these photos were released by the Palace. Regardless, the point stands that British royals do, mainline or otherwise, and certain is expected by the media. While I would love for them to do whatever they want in this regard, it’ll only cause more firestorm since the media feels entitled to them even in personal matters.

Brings up an interesting question. Will there be an official town crier that announces the birth of Harry and Meghan's child. Will there be an official notice posted outside of Buckingham Palace?

Just curious on this.

There is no official Town Crier - the man who does it has nothing to do with the BRF.

There was one for all of the Cambridge births. Its why I asked. :)

ETA: Ok.. not an "official" town crier

Last edited:
I'm sure they will do the photo call as is 'traditional' but I am actually hoping they do something different instead. Maybe they will release the first pic on twitter! Wouldn't that set the cat among the pigeons! Lol. They could still do the photo call after to molify the media hounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Harry and Meghan know that they have to throw them a bone with a degree of grace whenever required and to be honest I believe that they are withdrawing from even casual interaction with the RR's especially Harry. I think he is mainly driven by his need to protect Meghan who, let's face it, is getting a lot of truly vile media coverage.

We can only hope the media backs off and Harry and Meghan are so blissed out over their child that they willingly smile at everyone.

They can come out of the hospital, grine and bear it for a few minutes and then disappear!

Speaking as a first time mum who is being induced tomorrow I am so glad we won’t have a press appearance to worry about!!

For Harry and Meghan I feel that it will be expected of them. William and Catherine have appeared briefly with all three babies and Harry’s cousins were all presented to the press on leaving hospital. I feel that if they decide not to and sneak out a back door they will be torn apart by the media for it. It would just be simpler to appear briefly on the way to the car. No need to do a dress and heels necessarily, each to their own!

For the foreign royals: in Denmark and Spain, all the royal babies within the past two decades have had photocalls as they left the hospital;

The media interest in the Danish babies are much smaller than that of the British babies and the photocalls have been held inside the hospital under very controlled circumstances so much different from the Lindo wing mayhem.

I've often wondered why they don't have their own photographer just release a nice little picture taken within the hospital, the room or their private 'lounge' area in their suite.

Cue Anglophiles posted pictures from Sweden below

Those pictures were taken privately at the hospital and judging by the quality on a mobile phone. There was no babies present at the father's press conference and no photocall at the time of birth. The Swedes do manage to fill the days after the birth with the father's press conference, the state council, the press conference with the prime minister, the marshal of the court and the mistress of the robes etc...

Speaking as a first time mum who is being induced tomorrow I am so glad we won’t have a press appearance to worry about!!

Best of luck tomorrow!

I think that Harry and Meghan know that they have to throw them a bone with a degree of grace whenever required and to be honest I believe that they are withdrawing from even casual interaction with the RR's especially Harry. I think he is mainly driven by his need to protect Meghan who, let's face it, is getting a lot of truly vile media coverage.

We can only hope the media backs off and Harry and Meghan are so blissed out over their child that they willingly smile at everyone.

The Sussexes are always great on walkabouts, smiling and engaging with the crowds. They seem to be calm and taking everything in stride. But then the people in the crowds bear them genuine goodwill and love.

It's just that the extent of the frenzied interest and negativity toward Meghan has not died down, due to no fault of either Meghan or Harry. We should all send the Sussexes our prayers and well wishes.

Happy Sussex baby!

If Meghan will have a c-section I doubt that we will see them in the first three days after the birth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom