Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that, as reported, they will be at Frogmore Cottage when Meghan goes into labor or it's a planned C-section for some reason, they might be planning to do the Lindo Wing if all is going as expected, but Frimley is close by if something goes wrong.

Just pointing out with all this talk of a planned c-section and posters asking where that information came from....I think the poster was simply saying that if she needed a planned c-section for any reason then the Lindo Wing was probable. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm sure many will, but I really don't think anyone was implying that a c-section is planned or that that information is floating around out there somewhere. Just pointing out the possibility and the difference it could make in the hospital they choose.

Wh would it affect the Hospital. I would think that she wil go to the LIndo.. it is near KP and its supposed to be a good hospital... and tey are used to dealing with celebs and royals

If I were to bet, it would be in London. The woman is expecting. She must have an obstetrician who has been following her and they have developed a trusting relationship since they have been seeing each other regularly. They may also be midwives, anesthesiologist, in short a whole medical team she has been developing relationships with since last year. She won't uproot a whole medical team she trusts to Windsor, or at the last stages of her pregnancy and/or delivery entrust herself to a whole new a different medical team at Windsor however top notch it may be.

Last edited:
The drive from Windsor to St Mary's can be anything from 40 minutes to a little over an hour, depending on traffic. Given that most labour's last more that an hour, if Meghan was keen to give birth at St Mary's (Lindo Wing), there is still plenty of time to comfortably get from Frogmore Cottage to St Mary's.

Thanks for that information. So if labor is normal, and there are no other indications of trouble, there would be plenty of time to get to St. Mary's, even in heavier traffic. Do you happen to know what the drive time to Frimley's from Frogmore Cottage might be?

Wherever they’re having the baby the press will have to be notified and roads blocked off etc.

They just can’t show up at the Lindo Wing unannounced. All three of Kate’s births we had the #GreatKateWait

Thanks for that information. So if labor is normal, and there are no other indications of trouble, there would be plenty of time to get to St. Mary's, even in heavier traffic. Do you happen to know what the drive time to Frimley's from Frogmore Cottage might be?

But here is the thing-sometimes labor does not last that long even with a first child.

We have all heard stories of babies born in a car by the side of the road or in the hospital parking lot. My son was born less than 45 minutes after getting to the hospital-we live 10 minutes from that hospital.

I would not want to be more than an hour's drive from the hospital once I'd gone into labor-and sitting in the car is very uncomfortable when in active labor-even on that 10 minute drive.

If I were to bet, it would be in London. The woman is expecting. She must have an obstetrician who has been following her and they have developed a trusting relationship since they have been seeing each other regularly. They may also be midwives, anesthesiologist, in short a whole medical team she has been developing relationships with since last year. She won't uproot a whole medical team she trusts to Windsor, or at the last stages of her pregnancy and/or delivery entrust herself to a whole new a different medical team at Windsor however top notch it may be.

I agree that she already has an established medical team & they are likely to be based in London. Unless there's an emergency situation away from her medics, she'll be with them. I also think it'll be in a private unit such as the Lindo because that's better for security & privacy.

Just pointing out with all this talk of a planned c-section and posters asking where that information came from....I think the poster was simply saying that if she needed a planned c-section for any reason then the Lindo Wing was probable. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm sure many will, but I really don't think anyone was implying that a c-section is planned or that that information is floating around out there somewhere. Just pointing out the possibility and the difference it could make in the hospital they choose.

Yes, like almost everything else on this thread, it was just throwing out possibilities. The one thing I've learned over the years is that when it comes to pregnancies, labors, and deliveries, unexpected things can happen. A close friend of one of my daughters had a completely unanticipated placental abruption just this weekend, eight weeks early. Stuff happens.

Edited to add: And along those lines, O-H Anglophile has a very good point that even first labors can be very quick--not that I would know that from personal experience--so 45 minutes in traffic might be just too far away.

Last edited:
But here is the thing-sometimes labor does not last that long even with a first child.

We have all heard stories of babies born in a car by the side of the road or in the hospital parking lot. My son was born less than 45 minutes after getting to the hospital-we live 10 minutes from that hospital.

I would not want to be more than an hour's drive from the hospital once I'd gone into labor-and sitting in the car is very uncomfortable when in active labor-even on that 10 minute drive.

Exactly. That said they will have it all planned out well in advance. If they do plan on Lindo then they will likely be in London most of the time in April. I am sure closer to the date it will become fairly obvious. It always does.

From personal experience...

When you are an “elderly prima gravida”, you are extremely vested in seeing the same obstetrician in the delivery room that you have seen throughout your pregnancy. We live five minutes from our hospital. When I was pregnant, I wouldn’t go to visit my in-laws, who lived an hour away.

And I’m sure that most pregnant women feel the same way, elderly or not.
It’s not like going to the ER with a stubbed toe, when any hospital and any doc will be acceptable.

Now when do we open the betting pool for the birthdate?

Last edited:
I just can't imagine them going all the way to Lindo in London if they are already in Windsor. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Presumably they will choose which hospital they are going to go to for the birth and be living near to it, aaruond her due date. Of course things could happen early or quickly but assuming she delivers around the time she is expected to, I assume that they will be situated near to the hospital they have chosen. If say she is spending a weekend in frogmore and starts in premature Labour then they'll go to the nearest hosptial to there.

Unless they're going to be living there for a week or so prior the birth, I think it would be awkward and impractical for them to suddenly rush to the Lindo Wing which is nearly 50 minutes away from Windsor and probably longer if they're driving once factors such as traffic are taken into account.
I think Frimley Park (which already has royal connections as the Wessex children were both born there) or another local hospital such as the Princess Margaret or King Edward VII will be more likely.

Frimley Park is close for Edward and Sophie (as they live at Bagshot Park) but not that close for Harry and Meghan if they are staying at Frogmore Cottage when the baby decides it's time to go to the hospital. The closest larger hospital from Frogmore (with maternity ward and private suites) i belive is Wexham Park in Slough...

If they are going to the Lindo Wing they are most likely staying at Nottingham Cottage around the time for the birth.

Last edited:
Possibly nothing is going to be announced so that the crowds will not know where to show up. :lol: And the way H&M and their protection officers are able to get around without being detected, the birth may be announced before we even know the DoS entered the hospital.

However, of course, the media will be upping the stake-out at both hospitals and at every nearby hospital as the end of March nears. Unless of course the royals have purposely thrown us off the scent and the baby is actually due in early March instead. ;)

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong, I’m really excited to see Meghan with their child. But man, Harry, that’s gonna be some heart melting moment. Especially if it’s a girl. Harry will be eating out of the palm of her hand in no time.

Speaking of which, there is a gif floating around of Meghan’s bump when she was at the National Theater, that child is ACTIVE. Poor Meghan, she’s got three more months to go. :lol:

I think that's the biggest thing I'm waiting for when this child is born. The look on Harry's face when he first steps out of the hospital after the birth. I think he'd be well advised to borrow some of those weights that the Queen uses in her clothing to keep him from floating away on cloud nine.

After years of watching Harry with children and how easily he interacts with them, there's no guessing when it comes to Harry being involved with his own child(ren). The Sussex family is going to be a very happy one. ?

I think that's the biggest thing I'm waiting for when this child is born. The look on Harry's face when he first steps out of the hospital after the birth. I think he'd be well advised to borrow some of those weights that the Queen uses in her clothing to keep him from floating away on cloud nine.

After years of watching Harry with children and how easily he interacts with them, there's no guessing when it comes to Harry being involved with his own child(ren). The Sussex family is going to be a very happy one. ?

Meghan won’t be able to keep Harry from floating, because she’ll be floating right along with him, along with the baby. :flowers: it’s going to take a be a beautiful day for them both and a celebration for us all.

Yes, I am sure Harry will be bouncing. I hope that Meghan will be too, you never know. Not all mother are floating on a pink cloud after becoming a mother.

Yes, I am sure Harry will be bouncing. I hope that Meghan will be too, you never know. Not all mother are floating on a pink cloud after becoming a mother.

There's the distinct chance too that Harry and Meghan will be floating on a *blue* cloud. :whistling:

Sorry.... had to do it. :D

Haha, had to read twice before getting it.
[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]
Floating on a pink cloud is a Dutch expression. Equivalent of being on cloud 9. Couldn't think of the correct English expression first.
So yes, it may well be a blue one. [emoji1][emoji1]

Haha, had to read twice before getting it.
[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]
Floating on a pink cloud is a Dutch expression. Equivalent of being on cloud 9. Couldn't think of the correct English expression first.
So yes, it may well be a blue one. [emoji1][emoji1]

Floating on a pink cloud has the same meaning here in the US too. Everything's rainbows and unicorns and cotton candy.

Its so nice to be able to follow Harry and Meghan as they approach the birth of their first born. I can see Harry actually enjoying those middle of the night times and actively want to change the baby and give him/her baths and just sit there and stare at the child while its sleeping. I hope that never wears off for him. Kids grow up way too fast.

Actually, I would love them to go the Danish way when their child is born. Nothing was sweeter or cuter than a blissed-out Frederik guesstimating how long baby Christian was, for the media. Now that is something I would love to see Harry do except that the name is not pre-ordained. This system gives the media something to gnaw on whilst allowing the mother a brief respite to recover and come to the realisation that it is all over, she is now the mother of a beautiful, bouncing baby, a much loved and awaited daughter or son.

I hope she stays at least a day in the hospital, all this arrive, shell a pea and off again is just too awful for words. In days of old, the mother had time to breathe, time to bond and rest a little. I can think of nothing worse than bouncing out of the delivery room and onto a chair where her hair and makeup are spritzed up, dressed and facing a media feeding frenzy followed by a nice bouncy ride home with new baby. Eh, enough with the superwoman syndrome.

Hear hear Marg. If the mother wants a few days to rest up and gather herself then she should be encouraged to do so. All I wanted to do was sleep and eat a normal size meal again without heartburn etc etc. But on the other hand, a Duchess going home to a 'mansion' with I would think at least a housekeeper and cleaner is not exactly a hardship either ?
I just hope she has whatever space and time she needs before having to face the media and a thousand flashing cameras. Couldn't imagine anything worse when all you want is to get home and stare at your very own little baby ♡

Last edited:
That is one active baby. Meghan's reaction was amusing.

Hear hear Marg. If the mother wants a few days to rest up and gather herself then she should be encouraged to do so. All I wanted to do was sleep and eat a normal size meal again without heartburn etc etc. But on the other hand, a Duchess going home to a 'mansion' with I would think at least a housekeeper and cleaner is not exactly a hardship either ?
I just hope she has whatever space and time she needs before having to face the media and a thousand flashing cameras. Couldn't imagine anything worse when all you want is to get home and stare at your very own little baby ♡

I am sure she will face the media when she is ready to. And turned out quite the way she would like to, be in it Givenchy or Oscar de la Renta!

I am sure she will face the media when she is ready to. And turned out quite the way she would like to, be in it Givenchy or Oscar de la Renta!

I'm hoping for Jason Wu, but either one of this will make me happy too!

Although I doubt the press will let that slide if she doesn't appear with the baby as they leave the hospital.

I'm hoping for Jason Wu, but either one of this will make me happy too!

Although I doubt the press will let that slide if she doesn't appear with the baby as they leave the hospital.

Does she really need to face the Press? Its not that it will be a main-line baby? They could always just release a picture of the baby on Twitter. Some might argue that it is a more modern way of dealing with the issue, and not subjecting the new mother to a photocall so soon after giving birth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom