Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to weight in on this from a great grandmother's point of view and that is I am *done* with raising children and its a grandmother's prerogative to spoil the child and then send him/her home to mommy and daddy. I reserve the right to watch "the mother's revenge" in action which is when you laugh and remember all the time you've told your kids "just wait till you have kids of your own!". :D

I cannot speak for Doria but personally, I do not know of any woman in their 60s that would willingly want to take on day to day child care no matter how old or how cute the child may be. Nor do I know any children of women in their 60s that would even consider asking.

I think we pretty much can rule out Doria as "nanny" and resign her to the all important role of being the child's grandmother. Its the natural order of things.

Lindo Wing makes sense! It has the most experience dealing with the type of massive media attention that the birth will bring.

Who knows? They are all just guessing still. I would imagine though if they are already in Windsor then they will go to a hospital there.

A lot of reports coming in this morning that Meghan will give birth in the Lindo Wing at St Mary's in Paddington. People are saying they thought she'd give birth at Frimley Park under the NHS.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ndo-wing-staff-advised/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

I didn’t know Lindo Wing is only 7 miles apart from Frimley. One thing they talked about on one of the Royal Rota episode is the privacy and NHS point. While Lindo Wing is attached to a NHS hospital Incase something goes wrong, it is a private maternity ward that can accommodate security better.

Although the comment about Meghan snubbing Kate if she doesn’t choose Lindo wing had me rolling my eyes. I doubt snubb Kate is part of Meghan’s consideration either way.

Assuming that, as reported, they will be at Frogmore Cottage when Meghan goes into labor or it's a planned C-section for some reason, they might be planning to do the Lindo Wing if all is going as expected, but Frimley is close by if something goes wrong. And things do go wrong, sometimes, as we saw with Sophie. Either way it sounds as though there are good options, and I'm sure security has already considered several scenarios, including what if she suddenly goes into early labor on an engagement? That kind of what-if-ing is what they do.

Where you getting a planned C section from?

Perhaps I missed the three when I skimmed one of the articles yesterday. It was a rough one.

Anyways, we'll find out soon enough where she's having the baby. Knowing the Sussexes, it could be none of the above. :lol: They certainly know how to keep a secret.

If, and I do mean if, they have the baby at Lindo doesn't mean she is having a planned C-section.

Even if their home is ready by then they also have Notts cottage. They may plan to spend the last weeks before she is due, at their London base. And then go to their new home with the baby when ready.

I didn’t know Lindo Wing is only 7 miles apart from Frimley. One thing they talked about on one of the Royal Rota episode is the privacy and NHS point. While Lindo Wing is attached to a NHS hospital Incase something goes wrong, it is a private maternity ward that can accommodate security better.

Although the comment about Meghan snubbing Kate if she doesn’t choose Lindo wing had me rolling my eyes. I doubt snubb Kate is part of Meghan’s consideration either way.

The article says Frimley Park is 7 miles closer to Frogmore than the Lindo Wing, not 7 miles from each other.
The two hospitals are in opposite directions from Frogmore. London is east, Frimley Park is southwest.

Last edited:
Where you getting a planned C section from?

Since none of us are in Meghan or Harry's confidence, we have no idea what plans may or may not have been made. Personally I'm assuming that everything is proceeding the way it should, but we don't know. A planned C-section, unlikely as it may be, would be a reason that a delivery at Lindo Wing might be planned, even if they are in Windsor.

My guess is, though the article doesn't say so, that the staff at Frimley as well as the Lindo Wing have been warned to not ask for leave around the due date. The tabloids are just guessing but I think, if the couple have already settled down at Frogmore Cottage by March that Frimley is a distinct possibility for the birth the next month.

The article says Frimley Park is 7 miles closer to Frogmore than the Lindo Wing, not 7 miles from each other.
The two hospitals are in opposite directions from Frogmore. London is east, Frimley Park is southwest.

AH! I didn't imagine the 7 miles. I was getting concerned for myself. :lol: So really, it's not that much more of a difference for them either way. Plus if she's going to work close to her due date, they might not want to do the commute between London and Windsor every day in that late stage and just stay in London with weekends in Windsor.

Since none of us are in Meghan or Harry's confidence, we have no idea what plans may or may not have been made. Personally I'm assuming that everything is proceeding the way it should, but we don't know. A planned C-section, unlikely as it may be, would be a reason that a delivery at Lindo Wing might be planned, even if they are in Windsor.

Why would that affect location at all? I'm sure Frimley can handle a c-section if needed. Nevertheless, unless there is a reason, I doubt we'll see a c-section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Timewise I'm guessing that the Lindo Wing might be more of a drive from Frogmore Cottage than Frimley if part of the drive is through London traffic-- depending on the time of day it might be quite a bit more time. Does anyone local have a comparative time estimate on the difference between the two?

My guess is, though the article doesn't say so, that the staff at Frimley as well as the Lindo Wing have been warned to not ask for leave around the due date.

Why might staff be asked not to take leave around the time? Both are major hospitals, and deal with multiple births and medical emergencies at the same time.

Why would that affect location at all? I'm sure Frimley can handle a c-section if needed. Nevertheless, unless there is a reason, I doubt we'll see a c-section.

I doubt we'll see a C-section either, and of course any hospital is more than capable of handling one. The thing about planned C-sections is that you know when they are going to happen, so the Lindo Wing being 37 miles from Windsor wouldn't be an issue--no last minute frantic drive needed.

I think the larger point is that all of this is speculation. No one has any idea what is being planned by the Sussexes, so if we're speculating, there's lots to cover.

I doubt we'll see a C-section either, and of course any hospital is more than capable of handling one. The thing about planned C-sections is that you know when they are going to happen, so the Lindo Wing being 37 miles from Windsor wouldn't be an issue--no last minute frantic drive needed.

I think the larger point is that all of this is speculation. No one has any idea what is being planned by the Sussexes, so if we're speculating, there's lots to cover.

Based on the comments from others above. Is Lindo Wing really 37 miles away from Frogmore Cottage? It sounds like it was that far from Frimley, but Frimley isn't that much closer to Frogmore than Lindo Wing. AHHH! This is too much geography to sort out without a GPS for my brain. :lol:

:previous:We really need a survey map with all the routes marked and time calculations down to the second charted.

I'm totally confused.

I just can't imagine them going all the way to Lindo in London if they are already in Windsor. That just doesn't make sense to me.

:previous:We really need a survey map with all the routes marked and time calculations down to the second charted.

I'm totally confused.

I went on Google Maps. I think I got it, let's see if I can explain this clearly.

Frimley Park is 17.5 miles southwest of Frogmore Cottage.

St. Mary's is about 23.9 miles east of Frogmore Cottage.

So, the difference is really about 5 miles from Frogmore Cottage. However, London traffic can cause a longer commute.

Whew! :lol:

But if they plan to at least spend part of their time at NottCott during that time, it's not a big deal. And obviously, they wouldn't need a place for nanny at first either.

Let's not speculate not speculate on if Doria is going to move to UK. She certainly hasn't shown any interest. I believe one of the stories from the wedding is that someone asked her if she was going to stay a little longer after the wedding, her response was that no, she has to get back to her job and dogs. Not every parent wants to give up everything and move to wherever their child is. Even if they are close. They all lead their own lives. Obviously the Sussexes can more than afford to fly mom over anytime to visit, but Doria has her own social circles and daily life in LA.

I find it interesting that everybody here keeps talking about Doria moving to the UK to serve as an unpaid nanny for Meghan’s child, but nobody ever mentions the possibility of the child being left at the care of Charles and Camilla. Won’t they be the child’s grandparents as much as Doria ?

I went on Google Maps. I think I got it, let's see if I can explain this clearly.

So, the difference is really about 5 miles from Frogmore Cottage. However, London traffic can cause a longer commute.

But if they plan to at least spend part of their time at NottCott during that time, it's not a big deal. And obviously, they wouldn't need a place for nanny at first either.

That's very helpful, thanks.

So the crucial thing might be the expected commute times more than the distance. I agree with ACO, above, that the Lindo Wing seems less likely, but who knows? I didn't expect Frogmore Cottage to be finished as soon as March. I'm sure there's a plan, and we'll just have to wait and see what it is.

I imagine the family will see a lot of Charles and Camilla. However, Charles works a lot and so isn't home, and Camilla has her own grandchildren she sees at Raymill. She might be up for grandmotherly babysitting of Baby Sussex occasionally but that would be it, I would think.

So the crucial thing might be the expected commute times more than the distance. I agree with ACO, above, that the Lindo Wing seems less likely, but who knows? I didn't expect Frogmore Cottage to be finished as soon as March. I'm sure there's a plan, and we'll just have to wait and see what it is.

Well, they do still have the NottCott. It'll still serve as their London base. They might just decide to stay there if they are both still working to avoid the daily commute that close to her due date. Even if Meghan has cleared her calendar, Harry might still be working, and most of the engagements appears to be in London unless it's an away day. And I'll believe Frogmore Cottage being done when I see it. So far, the closest we've gotten is they expect it to be done by then.

I'm going to hazard a guess here and put out the option that instead of a nanny right away, what Harry and Meghan will have after the birth of the child will be a maternity nurse at first and then take their time selecting a nanny that will be with the child as it grows up.

I'm also of the opinion that all contingencies that could happen when the time comes have been taken into consideration and it actually depends on where Harry and Meghan are at the time, if the baby is early or should there be something of concern surrounding the birth. They're going to be well prepared well in advance.

The drive from Windsor to St Mary's can be anything from 40 minutes to a little over an hour, depending on traffic. Given that most labour's last more that an hour, if Meghan was keen to give birth at St Mary's (Lindo Wing), there is still plenty of time to comfortably get from Frogmore Cottage to St Mary's.

I imagine the family will see a lot of Charles and Camilla. However, Charles works a lot and so isn't home, and Camilla has her own grandchildren she sees at Raymill. She might be up for grandmotherly babysitting of Baby Sussex occasionally but that would be it, I would think.

Why would she need to "baby sit" as if H and Meg couldn't go for an hour away without her help? the child will have one or more likely 2 nannies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom