Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way she could of gotten away with it after the first day of engagements...that's all the media would be speculating about...every day.

LaRae

Well, my guess is less observant than you. :lol: Meghan wore three stack rings from Ecksand at the Landover event yesterday. What's interesting is the stones that's been identified: Peridot (Meghan's birthday stone), sapphire (Harry's), and then one in diamond (April). So I went back and counted 40 weeks from beginning of April and end of April. Putting her between 12-16 weeks when they announced. Now, given we know she has had her 12 week scan already before Eugenie's wedding, it's unlikely she's 12 weeks. I think she'll cross the threshold of 4 months some point on this tour. She might not be exactly 4 months yet, but very close. Missy Higgins basically confirmed that when talking about meeting Meghan.

Yeah, I'm putting her due date between March 26th - April 8th. That's a 2 week span, but this is my guess for now.

I definitely wasn't as early to the party as some of you.:flowers:

I didn't really think about it until she wore that Jason Wu dress in early September. It was such a different silhouette that I wondered. But then at the cookbook launch I knew and started waiting for the announcement.

Yeah, I'm putting her due date between March 26th - April 8th. That's a 2 week span, but this is my guess for now.

Diamond is the April birthstone. That's why I ruled out her due date being in March. However, it's the first one, you never know with them. They can come early or late.

No way she could of gotten away with it after the first day of engagements...that's all the media would be speculating about...every day.

LaRae

Agree with you which is why I'm no longer arguing the point with those who want to harp on about the announcement timing. She is obviously showing, and has probably been for a few weeks.

So here is a question for everyone: when did you first suspect that she was pregnant?

For me, it's always in the face. I can usually tell by the way the lips a pursed or by looking at the nose. It was early on, back in July, one month after the wedding. It was Royal Ascot, and she just looked different. She looked happy but there was something there. My guess is that she is around 16-18 weeks right now.

BTW...my mother is able to tell 1 week after conception. She picked me and a few others in the family before we even knew. Again, all in the face.
Well...Royal Ascot was June 19th and if she was just barely pregnant then, and didn't know it, she would be due in early March. Not "spring" technically. What does your mother say?
BTW my money is on mid-April and a girl

Diamond is the April birthstone. That's why I ruled out her due date being in March. However, it's the first one, you never know with them. They can come early or late.

Rightly so. I'm just hoping for a safe pregnancy and delivery of a healthy baby. For me, unfortunately, I never carried to term with my pregnancy and I'm always sending prayers for other pregnant mothers.

Well...Royal Ascot was June 19th and if she was just barely pregnant then, and didn't know it, she would be due in early March. Not "spring" technically. What does your mother say?
BTW my money is on mid-April and a girl

I seem to have gotten the gift from my mom. I can tell fairly quickly also, like a week out. I'm thinking that she didn't know either, and gestation at 40 weeks would put her due date at the end of March early April.

Mom definitely spotted it as soon as I showed her the pictures from the event just now.

Agree with you which is why I'm no longer arguing the point with those who want to harp on about the announcement timing. She is obviously showing, and has probably been for a few weeks.

Yep..they announced it when they knew there was no way around it...even so they would of had to do it soon even if no Tour was lined up.

LaRae

You can tell she's been trying to hide it as much as possible without being obvious. From the blue coat at Together launch (we did have this discussion about why she wore the coat that day) and Jason Wu to the Oscar de la Renta top at CoachCore. The Hugo Boss skirt in Sussex was a bit loose and really, leather has enough structure to hold itself without being skin tight on her. That's the only reason she got away with it. She has gotten a bit of a break with the baby speculation. Even though people in media suspected and joked about it on Twitter, they didn't launch into a full investigation. The only reasons are 1) it's relatively early in the marriage and 2) the schedule for Australia. I was going down the path of is she or isn't she, and then the schedule was released. To me, that put a serious doubt in my mind that she's pregnant. But I guess she's going to work hard unless her body tells her to take it easy.

BTW, going back to the events now and realizing she was already pregnant in them is really fun. :lol:

Yep..they announced it when they knew there was no way around it...even so they would of had to do it soon even if no Tour was lined up.

LaRae

Honestly, they probably would've done it earlier if not for the wedding. This is really close to the tour. I'm sure they would loved for it to die down a little bit before taking on a tour with the world media watching.

Last edited:
An 'expert astrologer' has predicted a birth date of April 18th to 19th for the baby, which will be a girl and born under the sign of Aries! So just note that down! It was in the Express and apparently she also predicted an October pregnancy announcement earlier in the year.

Rightly so. I'm just hoping for a safe pregnancy and delivery of a healthy baby. For me, unfortunately, I never carried to term with my pregnancy and I'm always sending prayers for other pregnant mothers.

So sorry to hear this. I'm sure they much appreciate your prayers!

LaRae

LaRae

Definitely not considering how visible her bump is in some of her clothing. Meghan's body is changing every day. She literally can wake up tomorrow and have a very visible bump. It happens. Her clothes are tighter. There was just no way she could have hid this pregnancy this entire tour.

I am also thinking the last week of March going into the 1st week of April is likely the due date.

Last edited:
Well, I sincerely hope that the baby is not born on April 1st. The British tabloids would have a field day!

An 'expert astrologer' has predicted a birth date of April 18th to 19th for the baby, which will be a girl and born under the sign of Aries! So just note that down! It was in the Express and apparently she also predicted an October pregnancy announcement earlier in the year.

That would put her around 14 weeks right now. I don't know if that's actually from astrology or if they just used a calendar. :lol:

I seem to have gotten the gift from my mom. I can tell fairly quickly also, like a week out. I'm thinking that she didn't know either, and gestation at 40 weeks would put her due date at the end of March early April.

Mom definitely spotted it as soon as I showed her the pictures from the event just now.
Conception on June 19th gives you a March 12 due date. You count 40 weeks from 2 weeks before conception, or the first day of your last period.

I've actually been expecting this announcement since the final curtain came down on their wedding coverage. I just had a feeling that these two people were not going to hem and haw around and take time thinking if they wanted children right away or not. One only has to dig through years of photographs of Harry with children and listen to both Harry and Meghan interviews to know that children were a top priority with both of them. I sincerely believe that since the honeymoon, getting pregnant was their top goal and priority.

Fortunately, after the wedding came the down time for the British royals and they were afforded quite a bit of private time to "get to it". Creating a family is a special goal and another indication to me that she was pregnant was that they adopted a new, little furbaby to grow up alongside their first born. A canine protector so to speak. George had Lupo.

Then there were the rumors of Doria moving to the UK. When I saw Doria at the Together cookbook launch, I pretty much realized the good news. A daughter shares this kind of news with her mother first and foremost. I thought there had to be some kind of a special reason that Doria was visiting at that time and the three of them together seemed to be over the moon about something. Like they had this big, grand secret. :D

Now, we all know for sure. This kind of news for two people that want nothing more than children to fill their home is adding a special glow and intimacy to following them as they carry out the work they love doing. We're at the point now where they've brought all of us into their happy news and I'd be surprised if the press isn't already claiming their spots at the Lindo Wing for the impeding birth. Happiness, although its an inside job, when shared with those they love and then the world, is contagious. This baby is already drawing the world together in a way as we follow the advancing pregnancy and await the birth. My kind of thing actually. Much better than a lot of the crap that fills our news channels. :D

Listening to On Heir. They cleared up that the immediate family knew BEFORE the wedding that Meghan was pregnant. It was not announced there and the fact that no one knew about it was a testament to that. But I mean... duh. They also say they believe she is around 15/16 weeks. The royal press were told like 5 minutes before the press release went out.

Last edited:
When you think about it, a pregnancy within the BRF is a bit of a minefield. From the time they realised they were pregnant, the spectre of Eugenie's wedding loomed large because there was no way they could announce before the wedding without spoiling Eugenie's wedding and they both would have hated that.

The second consideration is that Zara had two miscarriages before they had Lena. I cannot imagine the pain that caused as their new had been shared. As a result, they waited until the four-month mark before announcing their fourth pregnancy. To think that Harry and Meghan did not also take that into consideration would also be naive. They are a close family and they have now had three "geriatric" pregnancies on the trot, Zara, Catherine and now Meghan.

It looks like Harry is going to be a compulsive worrier judging by the way he's clucking over Meghan which, while sweet, is going to drive her nuts pretty darned soon . . . . now it's official. I give it to the end of the tour before she 'educates' him.

But weirdly, the actual announcement had what is probably the shortest window of opportunity to ever, after the wedding and before the South Pacific tour. I am just grateful Meghan seems so happy, healthy and disgustingly fit!

It looks like Harry is going to be a compulsive worrier judging by the way he's clucking over Meghan which, while sweet, is going to drive her nuts pretty darned soon . . . . now it's official. I give it to the end of the tour before she 'educates' him.

Yeah, he's definitely hovering. I don't know if you've seen the video of the ANZAC memorial of them coming down the stairs. Harry was walking in a weird sideways fashion, leaning towards Meg descending the stairs. It was almost like he was ready to grab a hold of her if need be.

Yeah, he's definitely hovering. I don't know if you've seen the video of the ANZAC memorial of them coming down the stairs. Harry was walking in a weird sideways fashion, leaning towards Meg descending the stairs. It was almost like he was ready to grab a hold of her if need be.
Yea, he was one step behind whoever that was that walked next to him.

Comment from Harry:

Jade Macmillan

Verified account

@JadeMacmillan1
Follow Follow @JadeMacmillan1
More
Prince Harry tells Invictus competitors Meghan is “resting back at home, being pregnant takes its toll” ⁦@abcnews⁩

Last edited by a moderator:

I wonder if Zara's two miscarriages have made him a bit nervous also....she is a big older for a first time mother (even though becoming more common)....I wonder if the heels will disappear at some point or if she will continue wearing them like some of the other ladies we see (including Pippa!)

LaRae

I wonder if Zara's two miscarriages have made him a bit nervous also....she is a big older for a first time mother (even though becoming more common)....I wonder if the heels will disappear at some point or if she will continue wearing them like some of the other ladies we see (including Pippa!)

LaRae

Honestly don't think heels have anything to do with it. Zara was still wearing heels late into her pregnancy with Lena. That is simply a matter of comfort and preference.

Meghan just has to be sensible and pace herself.

As someone who has flown regularly between Britain and Australia I can confirm that it is a very long long flight that can leave you feeling like death for a couple of days afterwards. I wasn't pregnant when I did it, but sometimes had children in tow. Meghan not being able to sleep has probably prolonged the jet lag effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly don't think heels have anything to do with it. Zara was still wearing heels late into her pregnancy with Lena. That is simply a matter of comfort and preference.

To do with what?

LaRae

Don't the Clooney children still need a nanny? They are toddlers, still not in a kindergarten age.

Don't the Clooney children still need a nanny? They are toddlers, still not in a kindergarten age.

Gosh, never thought of that Biri, but you're right. :lol:

Gosh, never thought of that Biri, but you're right. :lol:
it doesn't mean that their present nanny might not give up the job. There are other nannies in the world, and Im sure that the Clooneys can hire someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom