Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fab news, Harry will be an amazing dad!

I can't see the issue with them telling other royals at the wedding (if indeed they did this rather than having told them before hand). I suspect there were plenty of times the senior royals (HM, Phil, Charles, W&K) were alone with to be told the news in a way that wasn't announcing it during the wedding speeches. I suspect personally that Charles & Camilla, Doria, W & K probably knew after the 12week scan with the other royals either before the wedding (maybe the night before) or after the ceremony.

I suspect they had to announce now, there is no way after the picture of her arriving causes so much gossip that they could get through a whole intense tour like this one without it going into overdrive!

I also think the Palace PR team were happy for it to be announced now as:
it means they can announce in Australia, the most republican leaning of all Commonwealth countries to get some good PR to kick of interest in the tour.

no offence to Eugenie but with some people moaning about the cost, use of police etc it gives the public a "cute" royal story to distract.

At the end of the day the monarchy is bigger than just Eugenie lol

Last edited:
I would imagine that Doria, Charles and Camilla, Will and Kate and some very close personal friends knew of the pregnancy as soon as it was confirmed. I would imagine that Doria knew of it during her last visit to London when she attended the Together cookbook reception.

Some people you just have to tell right away. :D

Ha, knew I wasn't crazy - the baby hairs always give it away! :) Congrats to the couple! What a wonderful news! :)

Excuse me? What baby hairs gave it away?

Okay, I see looking back in this thread that you already explained it. I am of African-American heritage too, but I don't know anything about changes in hair structure surrounding being pregnant. But then, I don't have children, although I do have lots of neices and nephews. ;)

Oh, now I get it. I too noticed something frizzy on occasion about Meghan's hair, but I attributed it to her adjusting to variant weather conditions in England.

So, I'm willing to bet the baby will have curly or wavy locks, because Meghan's hair has a deep curl to it. :D It will be so cute if the baby has dark red or auburn wavy locks with green eyes and olive-toned skin -- not the type of skin that burns so red in the sun (like Harry's is prone to doing).

@Chloep:
You have to look to her roots and edges, not the rest of her hair - those can still be sleek and straight - but those baby hairs rarely lie when someone has been skipping treatments.

Yes indeed, Meghan will want to stay away from chemical-based hair treatments, but there are many other hair-straightening methods available, including blow-outs and good old hot irons. You'd think she will have a professional hair stylist familiar with these methods traveling with her from now on. Personally, I'd love to see Meghan say to hell with it, and go with a naturally curly hairstyle. But somehow, I do not think she will do that, mostly because she admittedly grew up yearning to have straight hair. I don't see her feeling comfortable with her curly hair. Chelsea Clinton has never gone back to her curly hair either.

Fingers-crossed that any Sussex children will have waves or curls to their locks. The gene for curly hair is more dominant than the gene for straight hair. ?

Last edited:
Yes indeed, Meghan will want to stay away from chemical-based hair treatments, but there are many other hair-straightening methods available, including blow-outs and good old hot irons. You'd think she will have a professional hair stylist familiar with these methods traveling with her from now on. Personally, I'd love to see Meghan say to hell with it, and go with a naturally curly hairstyle. But somehow, I do not think she will do that, mostly because she admittedly grew up yearning to have straight hair. I don't see her feeling comfortable with her curly hair. Chelsea Clinton has never gone back to her curly hair either.

Fingers-crossed that any Sussex children will have waves or curls to their locks. The gene for curly hair is more dominant than the gene for straight hair. ?
Curly hair is also more difficult to manage and deal with on a day to day basis. George Northwood is traveling with them.

Okay, I see looking back in this thread that you already explained it. I am of African-American heritage too, but I don't know anything about changes in hair structure surrounding being pregnant. But then, I don't have children, although I do have lots of neices and nephews. ;)

Oh, now I get it. I too noticed something frizzy on occasion about Meghan's hair, but I attributed it to her adjusting to variant weather conditions in England.

So, I'm willing to bet the baby will have curly or wavy locks, because Meghan's hair has a deep curl to it. :D It will be so cute if the baby has dark red or auburn wavy locks with green eyes and olive-toned skin -- not the type of skin that burns so red in the sun (like Harry's is prone to doing).

@Chloep:
You have to look to her roots and edges, not the rest of her hair - those can still be sleek and straight - but those baby hairs rarely lie when someone has been skipping treatments.

I was/am so confused by this whole conversation. I never worried about which hair treatments I used when pregnant and I’ve never heard about the baby hairs thing and I’m African-American so idk lol.

I was/am so confused by this whole conversation. I never worried about which hair treatments I used when pregnant and I’ve never heard about the baby hairs thing and I’m African-American so idk lol.

Brazilian blowout contains formaldehyde. It has a very small chance of affecting the child. However, some moves away from it during pregnancy.

My favourite tweet is from Yorkshire Wildlife Park.
Go find it to see pic of cute Warty piglet (I still cannot paste links? Update - yay, I can!).
Yorkshire Wildlife Park ��

@YorkshireWP
So when a new #RoyalBaby is announced, it trends nationally in the UK, but when we announce our new baby Warty Piglets the news doesn't even travel as far as Rotherham.

Favouritism.
Upd.

Lol...so cute!

I don't tweet very often but I had to tweet that this little piggy made it all the way to West Virginia. :lol:

Everywhere I've been today, its been impossible to *not* hear about the impending birth of a new royal baby. To quote the late Jackie Gleason "how sweet it is!" :D

I know! Before the Tour I said they'd announce by the end of this year! AFTER the Tour and the Zika issue...I just figured it would be moved to early next year.

I hope she can handle that pace...76 events in a couple weeks is grueling for a pregnant woman.

LaRae

I too assumed they wouldn't want to take the risk in zika countries - as per the advice from various government health boards - but she is prepared to take the risk obviously.

I too assumed they wouldn't want to take the risk in zika countries - as per the advice from various government health boards - but she is prepared to take the risk obviously.

She is avoiding some areas where Harry will go alone. As mentioned when the press was briefed. She has consulted her doctor and was given the ok to move forward. Given that she is already 12 weeks along, at least, and they have made the announcement, she could've cancelled on that leg of the tour if necessary.

Such exciting news! Congratulations to Meghan and Harry :flowers:
I wasn't surprised by the news though as I had a feeling that some time later on this year Meghan would become pregnant. It's quite amazing to think that three years ago they didn't know each other and now they're going to have their first child together. I can't wait - I'm sure they're both going to be fantastic parents.

@Chloep:

I also think the baby will have curly or wavy hair, about the hair color I don't think the baby will be a ginger, I believe American-African gene is the dominant gene, so the baby hair color might be brown if not darker. Same with brown eyes since brown eyes is the dominant gene and overrides the blue gene. But the baby can have blue eyes if Meghan also carries the blue gene. This is so fun, having a couple like Harry & Meghan that have a vast heritage, guessing the baby's look shall be interesting!

But with genes you never know, and it can play a trick to you your whole life (in my case, I had straight hair all my childhood, then my teens came and my hair became so curly that it was kinda weird/not little curls but large curls, then the adulthood came and now I have wavy hair for 7 years now...I never knew the reason why...).

Wonderful news!!! Congratulations to the Duke & Duchess! Here's hoping for an easy pregnancy and a healthy baby!! :flowers:

I also think the baby will have curly or wavy hair, about the hair color I don't think the baby will be a ginger, I believe American-African gene is the dominant gene, so the baby hair color might be brown if not darker. Same with brown eyes since brown eyes is the dominant gene and overrides the blue gene. But the baby can have blue eyes if Meghan also carries the blue gene. This is so fun, having a couple like Harry & Meghan that have a vast heritage, guessing the baby's look shall be interesting!

But with genes you never know, and it can play a trick to you your whole life (in my case, I had straight hair all my childhood, then my teens came and my hair became so curly that it was kinda weird/not little curls but large curls, then the adulthood came and now I have wavy hair for 7 years now...I never knew the reason why...).

A few years ago, I had a co-worker who has brown hair and his wife had red hair. Their baby had the most gorgeous hair color I've ever seen. It was light brown, but had red hue/highlights in them.

@Chloep:

Curly hair is perfect for holding a tiara!

I agree that they shared it at the right time. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sussexes had shared the news with Eugenie and Jack prior to their wedding and gotten their consent to share the news to the extended family at the reception.

This seems very likely.

Sarah's tweets today IMHO had nothing to so with the Sussex baby news timing. Sarah had been involved in the planning of E's wedding for months and months, and now it's over. I suspect that as a sentimental person she just wanted to linger a bit more in feelgood wedding mode.

Called it the second Meghan stepped out of the car at the wedding on Friday! ;)

Emily Nash @emynash 7m7 minutes ago
Meghan is thought to be around 12 weeks pregnant, and the couple shared their news with family at the royal wedding on Friday - the Queen, Duke is Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are “delighted for the couple” #royalbaby

Emily Nash @emynash 1m1 minute ago
A Palace spokesman said Meghan’s mum Doria Ragland “is very happy about this lovely news and is looking forward to welcoming her first grandchild” #ROYALBABY #DukeandDuchessofSussex
:D:D:D
That is such great news, i wish them best of luck. The public pretty much called it on friday. The oversized coat when, almost no other woman was wearing on. The look also of it, being heavy, as to to fly up or open. It was a very windy day in all but not cold enough for a coat that looked that heavy. Also, the way she and Harry, Wills and kate moved into the church at warp speed. I wish her a healthy and safe pregency. I just had a feeling that an annoucement would be made this week. She is on a massive tour and i am pretty sure that she has to be careful of her diet, no drinking. I am pretty sure she won't get sick like kate did.

I think regardless of a pregnancy announcement, Eugenie and Jack’s time in the spotlight is over. Wedding has happened and the photos were released; the public attention has moved on to the Tour.

More likely, the Sussex pregnancy announcement was probably delayed until today to avoid stealing any thunder. Had it happened pre-wedding, at least some of the focus of the wedding would have been about “baby bump watch”. Even as it was, people were speculating about Meghan being pregnant because of her outfit (or accusing her of trying to stir up speculation while not pregnant).

100% Bulleyes, cojldn't have stated it better. The wedding is over, it was beautiful, the sun came out, and she looked amazing. The tour has started, and the news would haved been leaked. There is only so much covering up a woman can do when she starts to show.

Last edited by a moderator:

I’m interested in seeing too, but Meghan is mixed herself so I wouldn’t be surprised if the baby had different color eyes and/or hair. Either way I’m sure their children will be adorable.

I'm expecting a child that is lighter than Meghan but darker than Harry, with curly brown hair. Pretty much early 90's Mariah Carey, especially since her mom had a little red hair!
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/3e/32/fc/3e32fc47d310a00c6568fa5533fd7351--mariah-carey-s-s-hair.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely over the moon about the baby news. So happy for them.

Now I can see them Facetiming with Camilla during wedding.
Hey darling, wish you were there. Yeah-yeah, here is the cake, look, yeah, looks yammy. No, I don't find tablecloth hideous, no, it's not Sarah's chose, it's Genie's. Will and Kate say hi
Will and Kate: Hi!
Philip: what are you doing with this thing? Why are you talking to the phone like that?
Charles: Pa saying hi as well. Oh, Harry and Meg are here.
Harry: Is it Camilla on the phone? Cool. Hey y'all, I have some news.

?????

Joyous joy to Prince Harry and Meghan! The happiest days are when babies are born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom