Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is lovely news to wake up to on a Monday morning. :flowers: However, I do feel just slightly bad for them both but Meghan especially. I realize that they had to announce this news now since they're going to be extensively photographed and it's clear that she's beginning to show based on her recent fashion choices BUT, it's three days after Jack and Eugenie's wedding and they will absolutely be accused of stealing their thunder, particularly if anyone buys into the rumor that they told senior royals of the pregnancy during the wedding celebrations.

I'd be hard pressed to buy that they were intentionally trying to upstage the newly married couple with the news or that they were rude and crass enough to share that news at the wedding but admittedly the optics of the timing aren't great and given the level of criticism launched at Meghan on a daily basis for everything under the sun, I have a feeling this happy news might come with a bit of a dark cloud.

I think regardless of a pregnancy announcement, Eugenie and Jack’s time in the spotlight is over. Wedding has happened and the photos were released; the public attention has moved on to the Tour.

More likely, the Sussex pregnancy announcement was probably delayed until today to avoid stealing any thunder. Had it happened pre-wedding, at least some of the focus of the wedding would have been about “baby bump watch”. Even as it was, people were speculating about Meghan being pregnant because of her outfit (or accusing her of trying to stir up speculation while not pregnant).

gosh, that pregnancy announcement didn't take long to arrive! i guess this is a wedding/honeymoon baby! i honestly thought they'd wait a bit more before starting the family until meghan was more into her royal role, she hardly had any time to take on any meaty activities or patronages. i kind of suspected it when i saw her wearing that big coat in an understated colour at the wedding though.. ?

cannot wait to see which title the little one gets!

This is lovely news to wake up to on a Monday morning. :flowers: However, I do feel just slightly bad for them both but Meghan especially. I realize that they had to announce this news now since they're going to be extensively photographed and it's clear that she's beginning to show based on her recent fashion choices BUT, it's three days after Jack and Eugenie's wedding and they will absolutely be accused of stealing their thunder, particularly if anyone buys into the rumor that they told senior royals of the pregnancy during the wedding celebrations.

yes, timing is off given the wedding was only a few days ago, but i guess she is now perhaps 4/5 months pregnant and it is showing. perhaps she may also need to take time off during the tour so maybe they thought it was best to announce it...

This is possibly the cuttest congrats I saw. It has a picture of Harry on a mini race car. Of course he already knew how handy it'd be when he saw it. ;)

Invictus Games Racing

@RacingInvictus
Follow Follow @RacingInvictus
More
Everybody at #InvictusGamesRacing would like to congratulate The Duke and Duchess of Sussex on the wonderful news that they are expecting their first child.

This mini car should come in handy! ��

gosh, that pregnancy announcement didn't take long to arrive! i guess this is a wedding/honeymoon baby! i honestly thought they'd wait a bit more before starting the family until meghan was more into her royal role, she hardly had any time to take on any meaty activities or patronages. i kind of suspected it when i saw her wearing that big coat in an understated colour at the wedding though.. ?

cannot wait to see which title the little one gets!

yes, timing is off given the wedding was only a few days ago, but i guess she is now perhaps 4/5 months pregnant and it is showing. perhaps she may also need to take time off during the tour so maybe they thought it was best to announce it...

From the sound of it, she's just had her 12 week scan. So around late July for conception date. She seemed ok when she landed, but you never know once it's hits the second trimester. It just shows up sometimes. :lol:

But honestly, I doubt it'll be boring until the baby is born. Meghan said at the Foundation Forum that they can multitask, and multitask she has done. I'm expecting work to be going at the same speed for as long as she's able to keep up with it health wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know. I think they would've announced it before the tour anyways as she's already at the 3 months mark. However, they probably waited a little longer to let Eugenie have her day in spotlight. And the announcement said the family congratulated them at the wedding, not that this is when they were told. It was likely the first time in awhile where all of the family are together (only exception being Camilla). I have no doubt the the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall and the Cambridges likely knew before Friday. Anyone saying they are trying to upstage the bridal couple would be stretching it quite far. Life does happen to more than one person at a time in the family.

I agree that they shared it at the right time. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sussexes had shared the news with Eugenie and Jack prior to their wedding and gotten their consent to share the news to the extended family at the reception.

And the announcement said the family congratulated them at the wedding, not that this is when they were told.

Yes but there's a stupid DM story floating around that they shared the news with all of the senior royals at the wedding, complete with pictures of them speaking with the senior royals. Yes, we know they were visiting politely with family, but for people that will buy into that story there will be criticism aimed their way.

I agree that they shared it at the right time. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sussexes had shared the news with Eugenie and Jack prior to their wedding and gotten their consent to share the news to the extended family at the reception.

I would say not drinking at a wedding would be a dead giveaway to anyone. :lol:

I really hope they didn't announce this at Eugenie's wedding because that would be pretty awful.

This is possibly the cuttest congrats I saw. It has a picture of Harry on a mini race car. Of course he already knew how handy it'd be when he saw it. ;)

Invictus Games Racing

@RacingInvictus
Follow Follow @RacingInvictus
More
Everybody at #InvictusGamesRacing would like to congratulate The Duke and Duchess of Sussex on the wonderful news that they are expecting their first child.

This mini car should come in handy! ��

Harry knew what he was doing! cheeky!!

Yes but there's a stupid DM story floating around that they shared the news with all of the senior royals at the wedding, complete with pictures of them speaking with the senior royals. Yes, we know they were visiting politely with family, but for people that will buy into that story there will be criticism aimed their way.

Who cares, haters gonna hate regardless. Besides they are in the minority.

Oddly enough those are they same critics who only yesterday were criticizing Princess Eugenie for her wedding, the cost, and the horse drawn carriage ride after her wedding, blah blah blah. The hypocrisy is disgusting

I think regardless of a pregnancy announcement, Eugenie and Jack’s time in the spotlight is over. Wedding has happened and the photos were released; the public attention has moved on to the Tour.

More likely, the Sussex pregnancy announcement was probably delayed until today to avoid stealing any thunder. Had it happened pre-wedding, at least some of the focus of the wedding would have been about “baby bump watch”. Even as it was, people were speculating about Meghan being pregnant because of her outfit (or accusing her of trying to stir up speculation while not pregnant).

They had three days of non stop coverage, they had two days of celebration, Meghan wore a shapeless coat so as not to get any fashion headlines. Its Monday and its time for their tour, they are visiting places with a risk of Zika. They had to announce it now because if she cancels any events the news would have gone out. This allows them control of the story.

Last edited:
Honestly, it also allows them to take charge of the situation. Meghan was at a point where she was obviously not as thin as she was before the summer, but not enough to generate serious pregnancy speculation. At this point, it doesn't look like their hands are forced, but rather a planned announcement. It's really going to be annoying if the whole tour turned into a is she/isn't she watch. Now we know she is, and they can get on with it.

How nice of them to wait until after cousin eugenie's wedding. I certainly suspected as much since she reappeared in August or September with her hair not treated. Wonderful news as I was concerned about her age for a first baby

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their families!

BTW she is probably about 14 weeks which is when most of the Royals announce.so my bet will be around the Queen's birthday

Congratulations from the PM and AoC Justin Welby.

UK Prime Minister

Verified account

@10DowningStreet
7h7 hours ago
More UK Prime Minister Retweeted Kensington Palace
"My warmest congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on the happy news they are expecting a baby in the Spring. Wishing them all the best." – PM @theresa_may

Archbishop of Canterbury

Verified account

@JustinWelby
Follow Follow @JustinWelby
More Archbishop of Canterbury Retweeted Kensington Palace
Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on their happy news! Prayers for them in the months ahead.

That's gorgeous new! Congratulations to the happy parents to be!
The family is currently growing at a breathtaking rate. The Queen and Prince Philip must be thrilled to see the arrival of another great-grandchild.

Wow, awesome news!

Congrats to the couple and the family and i hope Meghan has a healthy and happy pregnancy!

Amazing news!! Congratulations to the happy couple!!

This is fantastic news!

I am sure they shared this information with the senior royals in a way as to not to take attention from Eugenie's wedding but as Carrie (or Miranda) said to Charlotte in Sex in the City....you get a day...not a week:ROFLMAO:! Eugenie and Jack had a beautiful wedding and it was all about them as it should have been.

But honestly, at this point...the information had to be announced. They start the tour tomorrow....whats the weather like in Australia? I am not sure she could hide it any longer if weather is a factor.

NOTHING [by way of Congratulations] from Mr Corbyn, the Labour [and anti-Monarchist], 'Leader of Her Majesty's Opposition'...

congrats to Meghan and Harry. looking forward to a red haired, brown eyed princess or prince. names?

This is 'doing the [Social Network] rounds'...

It's going to take Meghan Markle at least 3 years to become a British citizen. This may seem like just a bureaucratic annoyance. But it's really all part of Perfidious Albion's plot to retake America:
1. So long as she is not a British citizen, she will keep her US citizenship (it would be awkward for a prominent member of the royal family to be stateless). Any kids they have during that time will be US citizens, as well - and "natural born" citizens qualified to become president. As proof that you can be a "natural born" citizen even if born abroad, so long as one parent is a US citizen, the prince can cite the 2016 court decisions in favor of Ted Cruz, on this issue.

2. Obviously, the kids will also be in line to succeed to the British throne.

3. When Harry and Meghan's oldest kid turns 35, and becomes eligible for the presidency, he or she can run for president and win (American voters love the British royal family!).

4. Once the prince wins, during the transition period between the election and inauguration, the then-reigning monarch can abdicate, and possible successors ranking ahead of the prince/president will step aside, thereby enabling him to become president and king simultaneously. Thus, the US will come under the authority of the King (or Queen) of England!

5. The Title of Nobility Clause of the Constitution cannot prevent this. The Clause says US government officials may not "accept" noble titles from foreign governments without the consent of Congress. But it says nothing about people who had such titles BEFORE they attain office. Thus, an American-citizen child of Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan could get elected president, then become king or queen during the transition period, all without violating the Clause. There is also no law against dual citizens becoming president.

6. Once the King-President is ruler of both nations, he can sign an agreement with himself under which the US rejoins the British Empire! Recent presidents have already usurped much of the treaty power from the Senate, and that process is likely to be even more advanced 35 years from now. He can thus claim there is no need for Senate ratification of the agreement, and the Supreme Court is likely to conclude that the issue is a nonjusticiable political question.

When the US once again becomes part of the British empire in 35 years, you can say you heard it here first!

This is 'doing the [Social Network] rounds'...

It's going to take Meghan Markle at least 3 years to become a British citizen. This may seem like just a bureaucratic annoyance. But it's really all part of Perfidious Albion's plot to retake America:
1. So long as she is not a British citizen, she will keep her US citizenship (it would be awkward for a prominent member of the royal family to be stateless). Any kids they have during that time will be US citizens, as well - and "natural born" citizens qualified to become president. As proof that you can be a "natural born" citizen even if born abroad, so long as one parent is a US citizen, the prince can cite the 2016 court decisions in favor of Ted Cruz, on this issue.

2. Obviously, the kids will also be in line to succeed to the British throne.

3. When Harry and Meghan's oldest kid turns 35, and becomes eligible for the presidency, he or she can run for president and win (American voters love the British royal family!).

4. Once the prince wins, during the transition period between the election and inauguration, the then-reigning monarch can abdicate, and possible successors ranking ahead of the prince/president will step aside, thereby enabling him to become president and king simultaneously. Thus, the US will come under the authority of the King (or Queen) of England!

5. The Title of Nobility Clause of the Constitution cannot prevent this. The Clause says US government officials may not "accept" noble titles from foreign governments without the consent of Congress. But it says nothing about people who had such titles BEFORE they attain office. Thus, an American-citizen child of Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan could get elected president, then become king or queen during the transition period, all without violating the Clause. There is also no law against dual citizens becoming president.

6. Once the King-President is ruler of both nations, he can sign an agreement with himself under which the US rejoins the British Empire! Recent presidents have already usurped much of the treaty power from the Senate, and that process is likely to be even more advanced 35 years from now. He can thus claim there is no need for Senate ratification of the agreement, and the Supreme Court is likely to conclude that the issue is a nonjusticiable political question.

When the US once again becomes part of the British empire in 35 years, you can say you heard it here first!
This plot only took 242 years!:lol:

NOTHING [by way of Congratulations] from Mr Corbyn, the Labour [and anti-Monarchist], 'Leader of Her Majesty's Opposition'...

Well if he is anti-monarchist why would he?

Now that is a tale that sounds like a made for TV movie on the SyFy channel!! It would surely draw a big viewing audience.

The actual reality of this ever happening though needs a step ladder to reach zilch. :D

I didn't expect baby news so soon after their wedding. But congrats anyway.

Hopefully Meghan's family not be causing stress for the duchess while she is expecting.

I am pretty sure that H&M informed older royals privately just before or soon after recent wedding. Harry might not be brightest guy in BRF but even he surely understands when and where announce such things.

I didn't expect baby news so soon after their wedding. But congrats anyway.

Hopefully Meghan's family not be causing stress for the duchess while she is expecting.

I am pretty sure that H&M informed older royals privately just before or soon after recent wedding. Harry might not be brightest guy in BRF but even he surely understands when and where announce such things.

Not only is this uncalled for, but your speculations are far off. It has been said that senior royals congratulated them in person at the wedding last friday, this implies that close family members knews even before the wedding, the announcement was not made at the wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom