Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to the Sussexes!!!! ???

Goodness gracious these two! I thought I had until Monday night before the royal news Braganza!!!! Geez! Is there ever a moment of dullness following them?!?!

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex! I've been expecting (Ha!) this announcement since the "baby hair" speculation on these boards, and after seeing what Meghan was wearing on Friday, I was 100% sure--that coat was just not going to button over her midsection, and it definitely did not look like a planned design element.

I'm very happy for her that she isn't one of those women who suffer from HG--I did, and my eldest daughter did--because it is no joke.

What a wonderful way to start the tour! It will indeed be interesting to see how the Tonga portion of the tour is handled.

Please explain ?

We had a discussion in the fashion thread for when they had the CoachCore Awards. Some noticed her hair was odd that night. I thought she went with a flat iron for a temporary fix (recognized curly hair and flat iron that wasn’t quite enough). And some thought she had stopped Brazilian blowout and mention it’s recommended to stop at a certain time.

Goodness gracious these two! I thought I had until Monday night before the royal news Braganza!!!! Geez! Is there ever a moment of dullness following them?!?!

Now that you mention it, all we have to do is think back to the last Invictus Games in Toronto to see just how much has happened with this couple between then and the Invictus Games in Sydney. There's never a dull moment following these two and this tour is going to give us hours of things to talk about. :D

I can't believe she is doing all these engagements while newly pregnant...it's amazing really...the tour is the reason I figured she would not attempt pregnancy till afterwards!

LaRae

Yeah - she was really starting to show. She is very slender, petite AND short-waisted - she was bound to be an early-shower. With such a jam packed schedule, with up to 40 wardrobe changes, I much prefer them addressing it head on instead of trying to cover her up and just let people speculate for 16 straight days. This way it's all in the open and it actually helps to bring back the focus to the matter of the tour as much as possible.

I too have suspected for a few weeks that she was pregnant-I knew when I saw photos from the book launch. Her shape had already changed the way it does early for some women.

I agree-trying to hide her pregnancy over the tour would have been difficult and possibly futile.

I am so happy for them!

Yep very exciting news. Now the icing on the cake would be twins.

What delightful news! Congrats, Harry and Meghan!

As I recall, the soul-sapping exhaustion of early pregnancy tapers off after 10 or 11 weeks. She will likely feel well and energetic during this second trimester.

Well, the older woman is = more possiblity for her to have twins:flowers:

Last edited:
I agree that it was starting to get obvious by the time of the book launch--that skirt was not laying correctly. And I also thought her mother's presence was significant.

Such happy news to wake up to on a Monday morning!

Buckingham Palace can soon start his own private kindergarten with all the children born to the royal family. I really want to work in it.

What a great joy for the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh!

Yep very exciting news. Now the icing on the cake would be twins.
Oh, please, no. There is already speculation on twitter, since Whoopie Goldberg said that probably the Sussex-baby would look as black as herself, how the baby's skin will turn out. Now with twins... that would give the speculations even more fodder.

Btw - seeing how beautiful the quarter-Brazilian Swedish prince turned out with his Latin Lover looks and the Danish prince Nicolai due to his Eurasian mother, the perfect model look obviously, I cannot wait to see Harry's and Meghan's child. I'm sure it will be a cute kid!

I can't believe she is doing all these engagements while newly pregnant...it's amazing really...the tour is the reason I figured she would not attempt pregnancy till afterwards!

LaRae
Dude, the tour schedule is the entire reason why I brushed off the pregnancy suspicion!!!

Not true. It's the opposite The older the woman, especially in their late 30's increase the chance of twins.

I think that was a typo to 'more' and you both are saying the same thing.:flowers:

Congratulations to Harry and Meghan!

For conversation purposes only --- not my opinion -- if Charles has been (*we think*) so insistent on culling down the royal family and people who have an HRH and, because the Wessex family children are not styled Prince/Princess -- wouldn't it logically follow that the Sussex children are Lord/Lady and not Prince/Princess.

Dude, the tour schedule is the entire reason why I brushed off the pregnancy suspicion!!!

I know! Before the Tour I said they'd announce by the end of this year! AFTER the Tour and the Zika issue...I just figured it would be moved to early next year.

I hope she can handle that pace...76 events in a couple weeks is grueling for a pregnant woman.

LaRae

I just keep thinking back to all that times I've watched Harry interact with children and just how amazing he's been with them from the children at Sentebale to the wiggly worm held by Eliza Lopes at William's wedding and numerous other occasions impossible to list. I also remember a Harry wistfully stating how much he wanted marriage and family and someone willing to "take him on" even with the royal roles he's destined to fulfill.

Our Harry has come full circle with everything he's ever wanted. Now we have years and years ahead watching Harry interact with his own child(ren). He won't disappoint us either. He's going to make an excellent father as he's already shown he's a very loving and devoted husband.

The stars truly did align for Harry didn't they? :D

Last edited:
I am looking at recent footage and there were just sooo many clues. I mean I know the speculation was THICK and many has speculation but it is funny looking back. Many "duh" moments, indeed.

The American press are very excited as you can imagine. It has been non stop coverage all morning.

For conversation purposes only --- not my opinion -- if Charles has been (*we think*) so insistent on culling down the royal family and people who have an HRH and, because the Wessex family children are not styled Prince/Princess -- wouldn't it logically follow that the Sussex children are Lord/Lady and not Prince/Princess.

Wouldn't at all be surprised they are created HRH by LP...even if they are not as soon as Charles is King they become HRH automatically due to previous LP's.

Only if Meghan/Harry decide to not let them accept/use the Titles (Zara/Peter etc) would they not be HRH's. Even so..legally they would be HRH just like James/Louise ..they just don't use the title.

LaRae

I just keep thinking back to all that times I've watched Harry interact with children and just how amazing he's been with them from the children at Sentebale to the wiggly worm held by Eliza Lopes at William's wedding and numerous other occasions impossible to list. I also remember a Harry wistfully stating how much he wanted marriage and family and someone willing to "take him on" even with the royal roles he's destined to fulfill.

Our Harry has come full circle with everything he's ever wanted. Now we have years and years ahead watching Harry interact with his own child(ren). He won't disappoint us either. He's going to make an excellent father as he's already shown he's a very loving and devoted husbands.

The stars truly did align for Harry didn't they? :D

Harry knows it too...you can tell!

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:

Not necessarily. Even if they are HRHs, they wouldn’t carry out engagements. Think York girls.

Harry knows it too...you can tell!

LaRae

I agree with you about the "technical" part. However, given all the talk from Charles about wanting to cull down the HRH part …. just wondering if it's only lip service. After all, the Cambridge's have 3 kids … Harry is no longer a seat warmer and his children even less so. JHMO.

They'll be grandchildren of the monarch - they'll be princes/ess. Only if Meghan and Harry insist that they won't will they remain Lady/Lord. I could see them deciding to do so, but it should also be mentioned that the relative family size of senior royals cannot be compared. The Queen's lengthy reign and the future monarch only having two sons -with no children anywhere even remotely near working age, the Sussexes standing in the royal hierarchy will be elevated alone on a need basis.

It's a balancing act and shrinking the working monarchy completely down to the main line would put an immense pressure on the 3 Cambridge kids(and their children). I could see the Cambridges having a 4th or even a 5th child alone because of that. Maybe than it would be realistically double in a stable manner.

Last edited:
We’ve tried to stay away from speculating, but I think that’s where a lot of minds were going after she stepped out of the car for the wedding on Friday.

We’ve tried to stay away from speculating, but I think that’s where a lot of minds were going after she stepped out of the car for the wedding on Friday.

Not only in our minds but everywhere else I looked on my daily rounds of news feeds. Pregnancy speculations abounded just about everywhere. We just weren't supposed to express those thoughts here in the threads. Turns out the eagle eyes of the world were spot on and the happy announcement was probably greeted all over the place as "I knew it!!". :lol:

I know! Before the Tour I said they'd announce by the end of this year! AFTER the Tour and the Zika issue...I just figured it would be moved to early next year.

I hope she can handle that pace...76 events in a couple weeks is grueling for a pregnant woman.

LaRae

I know pregnant women that run farms, work two jobs, are single parents. And THRIVE.
It's pregnancy not some advanced life threatening disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom