The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 11:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Well, I've been wrong so far on the birth date (way wrong, I thought March for ages) so I might as well be wrong for this as well! I guess a big baby boy at about 8lbs 6 ounces.
Im with you on the baby boy. I thought girl at first, but as her pregnancy has advanced, my money is on boy. I was almost with you on the 8lbs+, but then I thought about this being her first and Meghan having a shorter torso and thus show more (there is only so much room, there is no way other than outward)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post

This long wait might actually be driving some fans to drink.
Psst, how did you know I’m on my second glass?

Old 04-29-2019, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Weight £7 6p
That's an inexpensive baby

I'm guessing 7lbs 12 oz.

Old 04-29-2019, 11:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
There are reports that Meghan selected a 20-person medical team, headed by a female gynecologist. And that all doctors on the team are sworn to forego drinking any alcohol until after Baby Sussex has been delivered.

This long wait might actually be driving some fans to drink.
That article was back in October. It was said that Meghan was going to give birth at the Lindo wing, with 20 staff and they would all be on call for 3 months. The whole alcohol thing makes sense when her due date is here or near. She isn't going to want to use a different doctor, because her doctor was drinking the night she goes into labor.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
OK. I think its time we all got proactive here and help Baby Sussex decide its time to greet his/her world.

All together now..... "Push 'im out, push 'im out, waaaaay out!" We can be Meghan's global labor and delivery coach and chant our mantra until the baby gives its very first howl announcing its arrival.

I'm going to go heavy here and predict that the child will weigh close to 9 lbs. To guess any heavier would deem Baby Sussex a turkey rather than a child and very, very uncomfortable for mama.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

In the meantime Doria is able to spend some quality time with her daughter and get acquainted with the new Frogmore Cottage. Also a good chance for her and Harry to get to know each other better.

My guess is a girl at 8lb 4oz, Thursday morning before dawn, my time.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:27 AM
Courtier

The weight: Twins 5lb 3oz and 5lb 1oz ... or a boy 8lb 2oz.

The date: Wednesday, 1st May and Saturday, 4th May.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:33 AM
Majesty

It there were twins the Court would have announced it.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:36 AM
Courtier

I know. But this is fanciful land.
How amazing would it be for one twin to be born on the 1st. and one on the 4th.?
May Day and May the Fourth be with you - Star Wars Day!
Old 04-30-2019, 04:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
I know. But this is fanciful land.
How amazing would it be for one twin to be born on the 1st. and one on the 4th.?
May Day and May the Fourth be with you - Star Wars Day!
If its a girl and born on May 4th, they'd definitely have to name her Leia. After all, her daddy actually almost was a stormtrooper in a Star Wars movie. The only reason they didn't appear in the movie was because William and Harry were too tall.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:42 AM
Royal Highness

Looks like the queen paid a visit to see Meghan at Frogmore

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.exp...ince-harry/amp

If true I wondered what was discussed? Maybe if Baby Sussex will get HRH?
Old 04-30-2019, 06:55 AM
Majesty

The Royal Collection Trust will not be releasing official merchandise line to mark Meghan and Harry's baby's birth

https://www.scotsman.com/news/people...mpression=true
Old 04-30-2019, 06:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

With Harry and Meghan living in close proximity to Windsor Castle, I don't think its that unusual that Granny stops by for a visit and a cup of tea every now and then.

From what I know, Sundays are the days she mostly would go visiting family and friends after church services. I think too that if there were any kind of plans for Baby Sussex to be born with a HRH, we'd have known about it long before now.

I never expected there to be any commemorative items put out for sale for the birth of Harry and Meghan's first child. One reason is that it seems clear that this child will not be born a HRH prince or princess. I don't believe there were any items sold for Louise and James' births either.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I never expected there to be any commemorative items put out for sale for the birth of Harry and Meghan's first child. One reason is that it seems clear that this child will not be born a HRH prince or princess. I don't believe there were any items sold for Louise and James' births either.
Exactly, and it's not the child of a future King.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Royal Collection Trust will not be releasing official merchandise line to mark Meghan and Harry's baby's birth

https://www.scotsman.com/news/people...mpression=true
Which is extremely stupid to not have an official collection to commemorate the baby’s birth. Don’t they know the amount of money they would be making from this popular couple and popular baby? As I said before, so much has gone on to dull down the celebration of the Sussex pregnancy. Totally different than previous royal pregnancies. It’s not about the baby being seventh in line either.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-30-2019, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

^ Obviously this child is seen as important in the American world.. but here it really doesn't have major significance, not being 'in the main line' nor the child of a Monarch, nor heir...
Hence the rather low-key plans for it [on arrival]
Old 04-30-2019, 08:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Actually, if the Royal Collection Trust were to jump on the bandwagon and push out all kinds of merchandise for Baby Sussex's birth because of the money that could be made, it lessens the value and meaning behind the items. Perhaps there will be other outlets looking to capitalize on the birth but I feel its wise that the Royal Collection Trust didn't.

When we think about it, although Harry and Meghan are royal, as it stands right now, their child(ren) won't be at least until Charles is King if then.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Which is extremely stupid to not have an official collection to commemorate the babyís birth. Donít they know the amount of money they would be making from this popular couple and popular baby? As I said before, so much has gone on to dull down the celebration of the Sussex pregnancy. Totally different than previous royal pregnancies. Itís not about the baby being seventh in line either.
That's exactly why there won't be commemorative items. This baby will not be an HRH at birth, the parents have clearly signaled their intention that s/he will be more of a private individual, and no matter how many fans Harry and Meghan have, the baby is not in the direct line of succession, just like the Wessex children. Having commemorative items, no matter how profitable that might be, sends entirely the wrong signal and would undo a lot of the boundary setting Harry and Meghan have tried to establish.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Having commemorative items, no matter how profitable that might be, sends entirely the wrong signal and would undo a lot of the boundary setting Harry and Meghan have tried to establish.
Actually, I think the boundary setting is not just by H&M, but an overall co-ordinated strategy by BP / CH / KP.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:18 AM
Courtier

Perhaps I'm misinformed, but I ordered last week my Royal Collection Trust baby teddy bear memorabilia for the Sussex baby. Cost me a almost $150.00, and it's now sold out. Some people are offering it on E-Bay at a mark-up of $600.00.

What is the difference between this and the ones in the past.

https://www.royalcollectionshop.co.u...bear-2019.html

P.S. It was a limited Edition of only 100 teddy bears being offered, so I made sure I bought mine as soon as I saw it announced.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Which is extremely stupid to not have an official collection to commemorate the babyís birth. Donít they know the amount of money they would be making from this popular couple and popular baby? As I said before, so much has gone on to dull down the celebration of the Sussex pregnancy. Totally different than previous royal pregnancies. Itís not about the baby being seventh in line either.
JMO, but having a baby is not/should not be about public entertainment. It is also, again IMO, not about profit. It's about family and to the extent that anyone in the BRF gets this I support them.