Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
US Weekly is now reporting that Duchess of Sussex is 15 weeks along. No one else has been able to corroborate this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.us...de-himself-over-meghan-markles-pregnancy/amp/

Of course we have no way of knowing, but if she has already had a 12 week scan, she is likely more than 12 weeks pregnant. Further, the picture of her in the white dress suggests to me that she is closer to 16 weeks. Having said that, different women show differently. Whatever the due date, it's great news for this lovely couple and their families.

Congrats to the The Duke and Duchess! :flowers:

I have a sneaking suspicion that for the next six months, we're going to see a very protective and very attentive father-to-be in Harry. He's going to be right by her side through everything (no matter what it is) and I just hope it doesn't drive Meghan crazy and she's given at least a little bit of breathing room.

Many prospective fathers suffer during a pregnancy along with the mother, are more nervous and treat their wives like they're made out of fragile glass and will break. Some even experience sympathy symptoms and its got a name. Couvade syndrome is a condition where the father-to-be experiences pregnancy symptoms like weight gain, nausea, insomnia and mood swings.

Maybe Harry should take do more yoga for the next six months? Either way, we just have to know that Harry is going to be involved every step of the way with the birth of this child. :D

Just another thought too on how the pregnancy was announced to the family. Its even very possible that Harry and Meghan talked privately with Eugenie and told her on her wedding day and also asked her to be a godmother to their first born. Its possible but we'll never really know for sure. Good news in families never detracts from a happy day celebrating.

and this is the place to share this opinion piece in the Monday Toronto Star that fathers will find both amusing and true:flowers: Looking at you Muhler:lol:
https://www.thestar.com/entertainme...ught-to-be-ashamed-of-their-flawlessness.html

I agree. To me she looks further long in my expert opinion working as a maternity nurse.

IF she's 15 weeks along, that puts her due date around early April.

I also think she is closer to 15/16 weeks too.

How a woman is built can also determine how soon she shows. A shorter torso may show pregnancy sooner than someone with a long torso etc.

Women who are very fit may not show as much till later.

I know with my first child I didn't wear maternity clothing until I was 7 months along.

LaRae

I think Meghan is 12/13 weeks along. Any bump is probably bloating from pregnancy.

Lovely news. All my wishes.
I had exactly this though when I saw her stepping out of the car in Eugenie's wedding in the blue coat not well buttoned

I saw the news alert on my phone this morning and my first thought was, "I knew it!" Congratulations to Harry and Meghan! Best wishes for a healthy, worry-free pregnancy and a adorable little cupcake in the spring!

How a woman is built can also determine how soon she shows. A shorter torso may show pregnancy sooner than someone with a long torso etc.

Women who are very fit may not show as much till later.

I know with my first child I didn't wear maternity clothing until I was 7 months along.

LaRae

I had co-workers who didn't realize I was pregnant even at nine months. People I had worked with for months. I'm quite tall and have a proportionate torso to the rest of my body and I have a lot of room for baby-growing. Plus, both of my babies were 6 lbs 7 oz and 6 lb 2 oz, so not much baby in the first place.

Wow, you were lucky! I am short waisted like Maghan and although I was slender I was wearing loose clothing from twelve to fourteen weeks on in all three pregnancies. Wearing anything tight and I looked like an overstuffed sausage!

In this video from ITV it states the family were informed days before Eugenie's wedding about the pregnancy but it was there congratulations were given. Likely because this was a time where the entire family were gathered.

I also think Meghan is closer to 15/16 weeks. They only said she had her 12 week scan, not that she was actually 12 weeks pregnant. I think this will be an early spring baby.

I’m going with the over 12 weeks along group-at least 14 weeks. Her waist was thicker at the book launch.
I’m sure Harry’s immediate family and grandmother were told before last Friday.

Seeing her in the white slip dress it is obvious that there was no way she could have got away with hiding it on this tour. As it is I think she must have been a little overheated wearing a coat.

Oh, the mushiest thing I've seen was when Meghan was presented with a Kangaroo complete with Joey peeking out of her pouch. Harry blushed, I think because he teared up a bit, as did Meghan and then couldn't resist shaking the Joey's paw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Meghan runs cold during pregnancy? Most other women I've known runs hot. But she had a trench on the whole time today from the zoo throughout the walk about. I think Harry was sweating. There is no need for it if she was just using the coat to cover the baby bump.

Yea, there was no way she was going to go through today without setting off all kinds of baby speculation.

I was/am so confused by this whole conversation. I never worried about which hair treatments I used when pregnant and I’ve never heard about the baby hairs thing and I’m African-American so idk lol.

I was confused too, until I looked back and caught up with the conversation. I believe Chloep is referencing 'baby hairs' in the sense of new growth hair at Meghan's hairline which comes in frizzier if you miss hair-straightening treatments or touch-ups. ?

Having curly hair is not strictly an African-American thing. 'African-American, black, white,' etc are just man-made labels in any case. The point is that when you become pregnant, you have to consider being careful with using harsh chemicals, as well as watching what you eat and being overall careful in general because you have to consider the baby's health. Here's more down low on pregnancy and taking precautions regarding hair-straightening treatments:
https://ninenaturals.com/blogs/news/the-straight-story-on-hair-straightening-during-pregnancy

:D:D:D
...The public pretty much called it on friday...

It's always easy in hindsight. I tended not to believe because I wasn't minutely examining her outfits or thinking about it that closely.

OTOH, it looks like @Gary Janetti's Prince George alter ego was on top of this news in early September when Duchess Meghan wore her aqua blue Jason Wu dress with ruffly pleats down the center:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnZgHWaBr0g/?hl=en&taken-by=garyjanetti
:lol:

And this is my favorite photo of the tour so far:
https://static.gofugyourself.com/uploads/2018/10/66ae72c881b-1539644140.jpg

Why do you think the official announcement didn't say anything about the Queen or Prince Charles being delighted with the news or some sort of similar statement like for the Cambridges? I find it odd.
I've read that there was pressure form KP to delay the announcement till after the Australian tour. I wonder if there was some tension about it. She doesn't even really show so I think they could have postponed it if they wanted to, and at the same time leave the attention on Princess Eugenie for a few more days. This said, I'm positive the immediate family are thrilled with the news.

Why would Eugenie and Jack need more dsys of attention. Their tour started today, so after a wedding on Friday with the weekend to share official pictures and have the newspapwrs etc recap what happened on Friday, I don't see why announcing on Monday wouldn't be appropriate. Postponing until right after the wedding imo was the right thing.

I am sure the Australians, New Zealanders and others they meet on this tour are happy that they didn't feel the need to return to the UK before announcing. They've made it clear the Comonwealth was important to them, so sharing this news while visiting other Commonwealth countries seems perfect timing.

Why do they have to “leave the attention on Princess Eugenie for a few more days”? Or, do Eugenie and Jack need such attention? They had completed the ceremony and reception, supposedly are enjoying their honeymoon, why would they need “attention”?

I don't think they can hide it until the tour ends. Even she doesn't really show at the moment (which I don't agree. Are you telling me that her belly is showing in some photo just because she ate too much?), she will show during the tour as it is half month long, her belly will grow quickly.

Honestly I don't see any problem about the timing. Announce it after Eugenie and Jack's wedding is enough. They are not taking the “spotlight” from anyone.

Why do you think the official announcement didn't say anything about the Queen or Prince Charles being delighted with the news or some sort of similar statement like for the Cambridges? I find it odd.
I've read that there was pressure form KP to delay the announcement till after the Australian tour. I wonder if there was some tension about it. She doesn't even really show so I think they could have postponed it if they wanted to, and at the same time leave the attention on Princess Eugenie for a few more days. This said, I'm positive the immediate family are thrilled with the news.

at least have facts straight. The announcement did say the Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales and so on are delighted for them. Princess Eugenie had her day, and the attention was over anyway as the Sussexes start this tour. The royal household likely knew that as the wedding photos were rolled out promptly. And have you seen the photos from the first day of the tour? No way would it have gone unnoticed. It’s quite obvious why she wore that coat at the wedding. No way she would’ve made it through this tour without getting slammed with is she or isn’t she discussions. She’s already had her 12 week scan before the wedding, and is rumored to be as far along as 15 weeks, it’s more than adequate and reasonable to announce now. Especially given they had to make some arrangements in the schedule for her condition in Fiji and Tonga.

ETA: They likely actually delayed this announcement due to Eugenie's wedding. It would've been far easier if they could've announced slightly more ahead of the tour rather than announcing on foreign soil. However, that was pretty much the only option they had given the wedding. Can you imagine the attention on her at the wedding had they announced in the weeks leading up to the wedding?

if shes 15 weeks..that means she is do in the first half of april...interesting i saw usweekly report her to be 15 weeks along..her bestie must've slipped that to that reporter omid...i wasn't going to believe that until i heard out of her own mouth

Wow, you were lucky! I am short waisted like Maghan and although I was slender I was wearing loose clothing from twelve to fourteen weeks on in all three pregnancies. Wearing anything tight and I looked like an overstuffed sausage!
Yes, it really depends on your build, height and baby size how you show. And, the baby can come a few weeks early and still be full term or late, usually they won’t let you go more than a couple weeks late. We know she’s 12 weeks for sure. All this minute speculation veers into really personal territory. Let’s just hope things go smoothly. Another thing we know for sure is that she is an elderly primagravida, a woman having her first baby after age 35. Much more common nowadays and wonderful she conceived so quickly.

My very best to Megs, Hazza and the sprog to be :)

if shes 15 weeks..that means she is do in the first half of april...interesting i saw usweekly report her to be 15 weeks along..her bestie must've slipped that to that reporter omid...i wasn't going to believe that until i heard out of her own mouth

Nothing has been confirmed, nor will it be. The only thing we'll get down the line is approximately when she's due (the month, but not the date). We should warn that while US Weekly claims sources, there are often times where they've been wrong about Meghan. Although I supposed there can be some kind of guessing based on the way she's showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom