The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 10-15-2018, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
more freedom than Harry had.
This Sussex child and its siblings [if any] will have more freedom than 'the boys' enjoyed,
a- because they will not the 'the heir and the spare'
b- because their Mother isn't a 'SUPERSTAR', seeker of publicity in the manner of his Mother.
c- Harry [having been brought up in that GLARE of notoriety, and not enjoyed it] will be as fiercely protective of their privacy as William is of his children.
__________________

  #142  
Old 10-15-2018, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 4,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSUchick27 View Post
She is most likely due towards the end of April if she is at least 12 weeks along. I am 10 weeks and 3 days along, and I am due May 10.

Hooray! Congrats to Harry and Meghan! I am excited she is due around the same time as me.

Congratulations to you NCSUchick27. Best wishes for an easy pregnancy and a safe delivery.
Congratulations to the Sussexes. Hope that Meghan has an easy pregnancy and a safe delivery.


(Those purple folders/belly shields can be retired now.)
__________________

  #143  
Old 10-15-2018, 09:59 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Guimarăes, Portugal
Posts: 812
Congatulations to the couple and the entire family!
  #144  
Old 10-15-2018, 10:20 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,937
Front page news in Sydney.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...f8a?width=1024
  #145  
Old 10-15-2018, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Is Sydney claiming this one?
  #146  
Old 10-15-2018, 10:34 AM
Anna Catherine's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: U.C., United States
Posts: 468
Ohhhh I am so excited for them! I agree it will be a grueling to do such a busy tour and with all the traveling. I can’t imagine. Pregnancy is hard enough and I say that as someone who had an easy time.
  #147  
Old 10-15-2018, 10:36 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Missouri, United States
Posts: 771
This is lovely news to wake up to on a Monday morning. However, I do feel just slightly bad for them both but Meghan especially. I realize that they had to announce this news now since they're going to be extensively photographed and it's clear that she's beginning to show based on her recent fashion choices BUT, it's three days after Jack and Eugenie's wedding and they will absolutely be accused of stealing their thunder, particularly if anyone buys into the rumor that they told senior royals of the pregnancy during the wedding celebrations.

I'd be hard pressed to buy that they were intentionally trying to upstage the newly married couple with the news or that they were rude and crass enough to share that news at the wedding but admittedly the optics of the timing aren't great and given the level of criticism launched at Meghan on a daily basis for everything under the sun, I have a feeling this happy news might come with a bit of a dark cloud.
  #148  
Old 10-15-2018, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
This is lovely news to wake up to on a Monday morning. However, I do feel just slightly bad for them both but Meghan especially. I realize that they had to announce this news now since they're going to be extensively photographed and it's clear that she's beginning to show based on her recent fashion choices BUT, it's three days after Jack and Eugenie's wedding and they will absolutely be accused of stealing their thunder, particularly if anyone buys into the rumor that they told senior royals of the pregnancy during the wedding celebrations.

I'd be hard pressed to buy that they were intentionally trying to upstage the newly married couple with the news or that they were rude and crass enough to share that news at the wedding but admittedly the optics of the timing aren't great and given the level of criticism launched at Meghan on a daily basis for everything under the sun, I have a feeling this happy news might come with a bit of a dark cloud.
I don't know. I think they would've announced it before the tour anyways as she's already at the 3 months mark. However, they probably waited a little longer to let Eugenie have her day in spotlight. And the announcement said the family congratulated them at the wedding, not that this is when they were told. It was likely the first time in awhile where all of the family are together (only exception being Camilla). I have no doubt the the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall and the Cambridges likely knew before Friday. Anyone saying they are trying to upstage the bridal couple would be stretching it quite far. Life does happen to more than one person at a time in the family.
  #149  
Old 10-15-2018, 10:47 AM
loonytick's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Tennessee, United States
Posts: 755
They would be “taking the spotlight” today, pregnancy or no, just from the fact that they’ve arrived to start a major tour—a tour which everyone involved would have known about when Eugenie’s wedding was scheduled.
  #150  
Old 10-15-2018, 10:56 AM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 2,835
HAPPY news!!!! Congratulations!!! (also congratulations to our member here for her pregnancy as well). I always thought they would wait until the tour was over surprising news for me (even though I read about the baby hairs here, but never took it to heart). This tour will now be way more exciting!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
They'll be grandchildren of the monarch - they'll be princes/ess. Only if Meghan and Harry insist that they won't will they remain Lady/Lord. I could see them deciding to do so, but it should also be mentioned that the relative family size of senior royals cannot be compared. The Queen's lengthy reign and the future monarch only having two sons -with no children anywhere even remotely near working age, the Sussexes standing in the royal hierarchy will be elevated alone on a need basis.

It's a balancing act and shrinking the working monarchy completely down to the main line would put an immense pressure on the 3 Cambridge kids(and their children). I could see the Cambridges having a 4th or even a 5th child alone because of that. Maybe than it would be realistically double in a stable manner.
Why? I can't seem to understand this. The British Royal Family is a big one, there's lot of people in the family who could help with the work. Besides (and this is just an example), when Felipe and Letizia/Phillippe and Mathilde became King and Queen of Spain/Belgium respectively, it slimmed down the royal family quite a bit, plus having young children who can't be working royals yet. But Felipe and Letizia/Phillippe and Mathilde work and they are only two for their country (sometimes Infanta Elena and Astrid do some engagements, but only a few), and they are showing great ability to carry everything on with just themselves. Why can't this happen with the British Royal Family as well? If Charles becomes King, is he, Camilla, William, Catherine, Harry and Meghan. That's good amount, besides, Charles siblings can help from time to time too. I don't see problem with this really, unless the british people would want to see their royals everyday and everywhere...
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
  #151  
Old 10-15-2018, 10:58 AM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 4,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
This is lovely news to wake up to on a Monday morning. However, I do feel just slightly bad for them both but Meghan especially. I realize that they had to announce this news now since they're going to be extensively photographed and it's clear that she's beginning to show based on her recent fashion choices BUT, it's three days after Jack and Eugenie's wedding and they will absolutely be accused of stealing their thunder, particularly if anyone buys into the rumor that they told senior royals of the pregnancy during the wedding celebrations.



I'd be hard pressed to buy that they were intentionally trying to upstage the newly married couple with the news or that they were rude and crass enough to share that news at the wedding but admittedly the optics of the timing aren't great and given the level of criticism launched at Meghan on a daily basis for everything under the sun, I have a feeling this happy news might come with a bit of a dark cloud.

I think regardless of a pregnancy announcement, Eugenie and Jack’s time in the spotlight is over. Wedding has happened and the photos were released; the public attention has moved on to the Tour.

More likely, the Sussex pregnancy announcement was probably delayed until today to avoid stealing any thunder. Had it happened pre-wedding, at least some of the focus of the wedding would have been about “baby bump watch”. Even as it was, people were speculating about Meghan being pregnant because of her outfit (or accusing her of trying to stir up speculation while not pregnant).
  #152  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:02 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 8,289
gosh, that pregnancy announcement didn't take long to arrive! i guess this is a wedding/honeymoon baby! i honestly thought they'd wait a bit more before starting the family until meghan was more into her royal role, she hardly had any time to take on any meaty activities or patronages. i kind of suspected it when i saw her wearing that big coat in an understated colour at the wedding though..

cannot wait to see which title the little one gets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
This is lovely news to wake up to on a Monday morning. However, I do feel just slightly bad for them both but Meghan especially. I realize that they had to announce this news now since they're going to be extensively photographed and it's clear that she's beginning to show based on her recent fashion choices BUT, it's three days after Jack and Eugenie's wedding and they will absolutely be accused of stealing their thunder, particularly if anyone buys into the rumor that they told senior royals of the pregnancy during the wedding celebrations.
yes, timing is off given the wedding was only a few days ago, but i guess she is now perhaps 4/5 months pregnant and it is showing. perhaps she may also need to take time off during the tour so maybe they thought it was best to announce it...
__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
https://www.humanesociety.org
  #153  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
This is possibly the cuttest congrats I saw. It has a picture of Harry on a mini race car. Of course he already knew how handy it'd be when he saw it.

Invictus Games Racing


@RacingInvictus
Follow Follow @RacingInvictus
More
Everybody at #InvictusGamesRacing would like to congratulate The Duke and Duchess of Sussex on the wonderful news that they are expecting their first child.

This mini car should come in handy! ��
https://twitter.com/RacingInvictus/s...43736139956235

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
gosh, that pregnancy announcement didn't take long to arrive! i guess this is a wedding/honeymoon baby! i honestly thought they'd wait a bit more before starting the family until meghan was more into her royal role, she hardly had any time to take on any meaty activities or patronages. i kind of suspected it when i saw her wearing that big coat in an understated colour at the wedding though..

cannot wait to see which title the little one gets!

yes, timing is off given the wedding was only a few days ago, but i guess she is now perhaps 4/5 months pregnant and it is showing. perhaps she may also need to take time off during the tour so maybe they thought it was best to announce it...
From the sound of it, she's just had her 12 week scan. So around late July for conception date. She seemed ok when she landed, but you never know once it's hits the second trimester. It just shows up sometimes.

But honestly, I doubt it'll be boring until the baby is born. Meghan said at the Foundation Forum that they can multitask, and multitask she has done. I'm expecting work to be going at the same speed for as long as she's able to keep up with it health wise.
  #154  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 4,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I don't know. I think they would've announced it before the tour anyways as she's already at the 3 months mark. However, they probably waited a little longer to let Eugenie have her day in spotlight. And the announcement said the family congratulated them at the wedding, not that this is when they were told. It was likely the first time in awhile where all of the family are together (only exception being Camilla). I have no doubt the the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall and the Cambridges likely knew before Friday. Anyone saying they are trying to upstage the bridal couple would be stretching it quite far. Life does happen to more than one person at a time in the family.



I agree that they shared it at the right time. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sussexes had shared the news with Eugenie and Jack prior to their wedding and gotten their consent to share the news to the extended family at the reception.
  #155  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:14 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Missouri, United States
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
And the announcement said the family congratulated them at the wedding, not that this is when they were told.
Yes but there's a stupid DM story floating around that they shared the news with all of the senior royals at the wedding, complete with pictures of them speaking with the senior royals. Yes, we know they were visiting politely with family, but for people that will buy into that story there will be criticism aimed their way.
  #156  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I agree that they shared it at the right time. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sussexes had shared the news with Eugenie and Jack prior to their wedding and gotten their consent to share the news to the extended family at the reception.
I would say not drinking at a wedding would be a dead giveaway to anyone.
  #157  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:20 AM
PetticoatLane's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: A Small Town, United Kingdom
Posts: 631
I really hope they didn't announce this at Eugenie's wedding because that would be pretty awful.
  #158  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:21 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
This is possibly the cuttest congrats I saw. It has a picture of Harry on a mini race car. Of course he already knew how handy it'd be when he saw it.

Invictus Games Racing


@RacingInvictus
Follow Follow @RacingInvictus
More
Everybody at #InvictusGamesRacing would like to congratulate The Duke and Duchess of Sussex on the wonderful news that they are expecting their first child.

This mini car should come in handy! ��
https://twitter.com/RacingInvictus/s...43736139956235

Harry knew what he was doing! cheeky!!
  #159  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:21 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Yes but there's a stupid DM story floating around that they shared the news with all of the senior royals at the wedding, complete with pictures of them speaking with the senior royals. Yes, we know they were visiting politely with family, but for people that will buy into that story there will be criticism aimed their way.
Who cares, haters gonna hate regardless. Besides they are in the minority.

Oddly enough those are they same critics who only yesterday were criticizing Princess Eugenie for her wedding, the cost, and the horse drawn carriage ride after her wedding, blah blah blah. The hypocrisy is disgusting
  #160  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:24 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I think regardless of a pregnancy announcement, Eugenie and Jack’s time in the spotlight is over. Wedding has happened and the photos were released; the public attention has moved on to the Tour.

More likely, the Sussex pregnancy announcement was probably delayed until today to avoid stealing any thunder. Had it happened pre-wedding, at least some of the focus of the wedding would have been about “baby bump watch”. Even as it was, people were speculating about Meghan being pregnant because of her outfit (or accusing her of trying to stir up speculation while not pregnant).

They had three days of non stop coverage, they had two days of celebration, Meghan wore a shapeless coat so as not to get any fashion headlines. Its Monday and its time for their tour, they are visiting places with a risk of Zika. They had to announce it now because if she cancels any events the news would have gone out. This allows them control of the story.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Koningsdag 2014-2021 Marengo Dutch Royals 242 03-31-2021 02:43 AM
Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021 Josefine Royal House of Denmark 1720 01-07-2021 02:53 PM
What will happen to Royal Families in 2019 AmaliaCharlotte Royal Chit Chat 50 11-29-2019 03:59 PM
Princess Sofia is Expecting - Due April 2016 JR76 Prince Carl Philip, Princess Sofia and Family 197 04-20-2016 05:04 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism british british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen carolin china chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs doll dresses duke of sussex family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf history house of windsor imperial household intro italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery kids movie king edward vii line of succession list of rulers luxembourg maxima meghan markle monarchy nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn prince dimitri princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen maxima queen victoria random facts royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding serbian royal family spain sussex swedish queen taiwan tradition unfinished portrait united states of america wedding gown welsh wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×