Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking out a hospital to wave (likely in pain) at hundreds of cameras and a screaming public vs a quiet private setting with one camera?

I’ll pick option B.

Walking out a hospital to wave (likely in pain) at hundreds of cameras and a screaming public vs a quiet private setting with one camera?

I’ll pick option B.

Option B is perfect. Respectful of a couple’s autonomy.

Certain members of the U.K. press that have have been bullying Meghan & spreading false information about her, but don’t spread about William, are the same ones peddling books about the Sussexes. They’re the same press upset about the Sussex’s Instagram account & potentially information being published there instead of being spun into mistruths by unprofessional writers & journalists.

Millions of fans are more than happy to be respectful of a couple’s wishes & wait until they choose to release information about their family.

If they don't want to do it, they don't have ot. but it is their fans who want to see pictures. the Press don't care. If there were no fans who want to see pictures, the press would not be there.

Most fans of Harry and Meghan are okay with the way they are doing things (there was a poll taken recently and 75% were in favor of H&M's way). The press does care that is why it is mostly the media and Royal Reporters that are upset and complaining that they aren't doing the photo call and that is because they won't get to take pictures directly and make money off of them.

If they don't want to do it, they don't have ot. but it is their fans who want to see pictures. the Press don't care. If there were no fans who want to see pictures, the press would not be there.

Actually we don’t need them there for photos. They aren’t the ones getting it for us anyways. So again, let’s not put this on the fans.

Last edited:

And fans will get to see pictures of the baby. The only people complaining about this are people who will literally complain about anything and everything that has the name "Meghan" even slightly involved and the press who won't get a money shot outside of the hospital.

I agree, the brief "stop&wave" outside the hospital would have been a relatively painless event, but to quote, if this is what Meghan wants, this is what Meghan

Out of curiosity? Have you given birth to know what it feels like hours after birth? Everyone I know who has given birth has never said it is painless by that point. In fact, quite opposite. She’s literally going to be ripped apart from inside out.

And again, let’s try not to go straight to blaming the woman. There are two people’s wants and decision in play here. What evidence are there that it’s just what Meghan wants and not what Harry wants?

Last edited:
@elenath - I wouldn't be surprised if Kate was given some strong pain killers to go out hours later to do the public presentation of her baby. The photocall is better - you may get pictures of an alert Baby Sussex wearing a cute outfit. Does BP pick the press representatives? The photocall sounds like more control of the line of questions.

They do not respond to questions outside the Lindo Wing. The reporters do shout questions but they don't really answer them.

Option B is perfect. Respectful of a couple’s autonomy.

Certain members of the U.K. press that have have been bullying Meghan & spreading false information about her, but don’t spread about William, are the same ones peddling books about the Sussexes. They’re the same press upset about the Sussex’s Instagram account & potentially information being published there instead of being spun into mistruths by unprofessional writers & journalists.

Millions of fans are more than happy to be respectful of a couple’s wishes & wait until they choose to release information about their family.
Do you have examples of the bullying and false information. I would be interested to know what newspapers or magazines are issuing them, to be honest I haven't read anything that I would put under those headings.

Not quite. The Press Pen outside St Mary's is not outside the regular entrance to the hospital, but on a quite, side street. The entrance used by the royals does not inconvenience regular users of the hospital.

I believe that is the actual entrance to Lindo? Definitely not the main NHS hospital, but Lindo is a wing that’s attached. Because while I never paid attention during George and Charlotte, I did follow some RRs by the time of Louis’ birth last year due to the Sussexes. There were pictures of other patients that were posted as a joke because they thought every time that door moved, it could’ve been Kate.

But regardless, it is definitely used by other patients and they have the right to privacy. We don’t know which hospital Meghan plans to use and how the entrances and exits are there. The noises made by all these people right outside are also disruptive to other patients who have just given birth and need rest. Just because they have the unfortunate luck of giving birth on the same day as a royal birth, doesn’t mean they deserve the right to medical treatment undisturbed any less. As mentioned, both William and Charles have gone out to ask the press to quiet down.

They do not respond to questions outside the Lindo Wing. The reporters do shout questions but they don't really answer them.

They do shout them. And in the past, William has said a few things to the press. As did Charles before.

Last edited:
The truth is that a lot of people just want to share in the joy. Kate went in to the hospital without being spotted and if she wanted she could have left very quietly and announced the birth once she was back at home. She choose not to do that.

I agree, the lights are a simple, unobtrusive way of expressing national joy.
I know, I don't understand how someone can see anything wrong with lights on the London Eye (or anywhere else, for that matter). But I guess there'll always be people who will try to disagree just to disagree.

I like the tradition - I remember being out with friends and seeing the lights after Charlotte was born, it was a great moment. There was a lot of people there too and I doubt any of them would find something wrong with it, everyone seemed happy for the couple and the little baby.

The truth is that a lot of people just want to share in the joy. Kate went in to the hospital without being spotted and if she wanted she could have left very quietly and announced the birth once she was back at home. She choose not to do that.

I get that people want to share the joy. But how are they preventing people from sharing the joy by doing it in a slightly different and less disruptive way? The hospital situation has grown out of control compared to how it started. I think it’s good to question the why and how and see if there is a better way to do the how without sacrificing the why.

Meghan's way isn't 'better'. Let's be honest, if Meghan decided on the Lindo Wing you all would say it's the best decision in the world.

Reactions: Fem
Do you have examples of the bullying and false information. I would be interested to know what newspapers or magazines are issuing them, to be honest I haven't read anything that I would put under those headings.

I seriously believe that if we look back to November, 2016 when Harry felt he had to issue his statement protecting his then girlfriend, Meghan Markle, it was the determining factor in how the couple would handle things going into the future together. Their red line in the sand was drawn in permanent marker, fortified with tungsten steel and topped with barbed wires. They did what they had to do to control situations and ensure privacy.

One just has to scroll back through various threads here to get a good idea of just how badly Meghan has been treated overall. Now, with a very limited access to a photo op with the new baby and creating and using their own Instagram social media site, Harry and Meghan can and will eliminate the need for the "middleman" to get their information out.

I may be wrong but I do believe that the age old idiom of "don't bite the hand that feeds you" applies in this case. You kick a dog enough, eventually that dog is going to bite back. The public such as ourselves will not miss out on anything and we'll see beautiful pictures of the new family in due time. We just have to remember that Harry and Meghan don't "owe" us this but rather have included us in a controlled manner that they deem is best for themselves and their family.

Out of curiosity? Have you given birth to know what it feels like hours after birth? Everyone I know who has given birth has never said it is painless by that point. In fact, quite opposite. She’s literally going to be ripped apart from inside out.

Physical tiredness depends A LOT on how long your active labor (actual contractions) lasts and whether it is natural or induced. Ripping, tearing or a cut that needs stitches, yes some pain and discomfort, but pain killers help.

For me, the ripped apart feeling was more during contractions.

Hours later, would I want to have faced cameras, no. The next day, like Kate with George, would have been doable. But if I had had more difficult labors and deliveries, the answer could be different.

Last edited:
Meghan's way isn't 'better'. Let's be honest, if Meghan decided on the Lindo Wing you all would say it's the best decision in the world.

Actually I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t mind it as she would seem to be ok with it. But I support a different decision as well. I do think this is a better approach in terms of disruption though. Based on what they came up with, I do think it’s a great compromise. They still will share the joy with those that have supported them, while without creating a frenzy outside of a hospital.

Physical tiredness depends A LOT on how long your active labor (actual contractions) lasts and whether it is natural or induced. Ripping, tearing or a cut that needs stitches, yes some pain and discomfort, but pain killers help.

For me, the ripped apart feeling was more during contractions.

Hours later, would I want to have faced cameras, no. The next day, like Kate with George, would have been doable. But if I had had more difficult labors and deliveries, the answer could be different.

Sounds like it’s hardly painless. :lol:

Last edited:

This is not the thread to go off into examples, but a few of the other threads have numerous examples.

Pray tell me, what is th difference between a 3 day stay in the Lindo Wing followed by a public departure.

I get there being no hospital to stake out if she is having a home birth. Sensibly they have alternate arrangements if everything turns pear-shaped as do others in their position.

I wonder when ITV was interviewing the other RRs on their month-long wait, whether they remo ded them it could be up to three days after the birth before the Sussexes are ready to face the world?

Time to get themselves together and recover enough for a photo call could also take three days . . .

But why stay in the hospital just to avoid being harrassed by the media on the same day and still go through it a few days later. That's not what hospitals are for.

I get that people want to share the joy. But how are they preventing people from sharing the joy by doing it in a slightly different and less disruptive way? The hospital situation has grown out of control compared to how it started. I think it’s good to question the why and how and see if there is a better way to do the how without sacrificing the why.
I don't think there is any need to question it, Meghan has chosen to do things differently to Kate but it doesn't make either way wrong. It is personal choice. We should respect both women and their choices.

I would think both couples (not just the women) have made a decision taking into account their position within the royal family (Catherine giving birth to the future Sovereign and other royal prince(sse)s, while Meghan is giving birth to a royal duke's non-royal child) and their personal preferences surrounding giving birth and the advice of their medical doctors.

I agree, the brief "stop&wave" outside the hospital would have been a relatively painless event, but to quote, if this is what Meghan wants, this is what Meghan gets! ?

And again, let’s try not to go straight to blaming the woman. There are two people’s wants and decision in play here. What evidence are there that it’s just what Meghan wants and not what Harry wants?

Perhaps you did not notice that I had not suggested the act of giving birth was going to be painless. Only that the brief "stop&wave" outside the hospital would have been a relatively painless event. I have stated it many times that the couple are entitled to make their own choice in this regard, it really is not the end of the world at all.

However, with the clumsily worded statement concerning the desire to keep the arrangements around the birth private and the "Operational Notes", what H&M have clearly demonstrated is that their fledgling office has a lot to learn.

I don't understand why people are so inpatient.
Could very well be that the duchess'due date is April 30th. She would be only 5 days late. It will still take 9 days before doctors will induce.
Give her the chance to have a natural home-birth!!!

April 30th would very well make sense with the only information Meghan herself gave us (a birth for the end of April/beginning of May

Last edited:
She said late April, not last day of April. Anything after April 30 is late April. So of course people have been on count down for weeks now. If you don't want to be, tune out until you hear the news.

She said late April/Early May.

For me, early May ends on May 7th. Up to which she has up to 2 weeks after.
So anytime between May 7th-21st.

She said late April/Early May.

For me, early May ends on May 7th. Up to which she has up to 2 weeks after.
So anytime between May 7th-21st.

She gave a due date of a period between April 21-May 5. Logically she was taking into account a baby could come early or late. If her due date was May 7 she would never had said she was due 'late April'. To suggest she could go to May 21st is beyond belief.

I’ll pick option B.

Diana talked about the photo call situation when they left the hospital...she said she could feel her stitches tearing and the moment they were around the corner out of sight of the cameras she was crying.

I'd not want to experience that either.

LaRae

Whatever she decided it would be the best decision for HER. It doesn't really matter what I think.

LaRae

She gave a due date of a period between April 21-May 5. Logically she was taking into account a baby could come early or late. If her due date was May 7 she would never had said she was due 'late April'. To suggest she could go to May 21st is beyond belief.

When did she give dates. She said late April or early May from what I heard on the video.

LaRae

Each woman is different and each delivery is different. One thing I know is that I would never have made it out the door so fast after giving birth. I especially appreciate too that I didn't leave so soon after delivery because then I could rest and recoup (with breakfast in bed) and best of all, get intimate with my new son/daughter. Just the two of us after Daddy was sent home. That time is precious.

All things in good time. I just hope for a easy and safe delivery and two very happy, ecstatic parents welcoming their much awaited and longed for first child. They *should* be able to create their own little, private bubble and totally embrace the newness of being a family. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom