Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not entirely true as Harry's child, if he is a boy, will probably become HRH Prince xxx of Sussex eventually and, later, HRH The Duke of Sussex. If it is a girl, she will eventually become HRH Princess xxx of Sussex. I don't think King Charles III (or George VII) will keep Harry's children as Earl of Dumbarton or Lady xx Mountbatten-Windsor.

Harry's children will be in a similar position to Beatrice and Eugenie and, when George is King, they will be in a similar position to that of the Kents and the Gloucesters today.

Yes, exactly, the same position as the Yorks. Thanks for making my point :whistling:

Does Eugenie get half the attention that Harry does? No. Likely not even 1/4. Even though she is a HRH. If Harry and Eugenie shared a birthday, do you think Eugenie would get more then an honorable mention in press? No.

The fact is that no matter what title this baby ends up with, it will always be second fiddle to their cousins who are right in line for the throne.

And again my point, even if they were Charlotte Doe and John Smith living in some village, very few kids like sharing a birthday. Its your day to shine. Sharing it with an adult relative is one thing, as birthdays for adults usually aren't a big deal, sharing it with another kid is another matter. Means you will likely have to share every birthday party, every cake and so on.

I have refrained from guessing on due dates because frankly I am really bad at that sort of thing. Since Baby Sussex has missed my niece's birthday on May 1, he or she has another chance with my nephew's birthday on the 5th. The one thing I am fairly certain is we won't have to wait until my grandmother's or my dad's birthdays. Grandma was born on May 30th and Dad was born on May 31! I will admit to imaging the press reaction if things went that long - makes for a good laugh though.

May have a coronary or two on hand from the media if lasted that long.

The conspiracy theories would go nuts as well. Its already insane how many think the baby is weeks old.

Last edited:
Exactly so why give the media the bile to run a month of stories. But you chat with people and there is laughing, joking and sneering about them playing 'us' for a fool. Which is a direct result,of thr media having a month worth of bile spitting propaganda.

Maybe I am missing something but what "bile" are they giving them? Meghan said she was due late April or early May. That is literally right now. She told them the truth. That is not on her they assumed she lied or they thought on the earlier side.

They also said they would announce when she is in labour. So again... all the info will be given to them. They not stringing them along. There is no info to give as the baby is still inside of her. Not sure what you expect Meghan to do about that.

All we can do is wait. If people mad she still pregnant well then tough...

Maybe I am missing something but what "bile" are they giving them? Meghan said she was due late April or early May. That is literally right now. She told them the truth. That is not on her they assumed she lied or they thought on the earlier side.

They also said they would announce when she is in labour. So again... all the info will be given to them. They not stringing them along. There is no info to give as the baby is still inside of her. Not sure what you expect Meghan to do about that.

All we can do is wait. If people mad she still pregnant well then tough...
I don't think people are mad. Some of us thought wrong (including myself) that the baby would be born in the end of March. That's almost two months waiting. We're all very excited but we're also very "tired". We just want to hear good news and see the new bundle of joy.

I don't think people are mad. Some of us thought wrong (including myself) that the baby would be born in the end of March. That's almost two months waiting. We're all very excited but we're also very "tired". We just want to hear good news and see the new bundle of joy.

Speaking as a mother whose child came 11 days after their supposed due date; the child will come when he/she is ready and not when the public and press wants. Meghan said she was due around this time. We just need to be patient and ignore the press as they have made it not fun.

My guess is that 'once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family' means 'once they have arrived home', so there is less chance of reporters showing up at the (unknown) hospital. Once home, I don't think there is much reason to keep it a secret any longer; they clearly want to avoid having lots of reporters at the hospital (or other place of birth) when Meghan is in labor; so in this way they both can inform the public relatively quickly but still avoid facing the photographers at the day (or day after) of birth..
That's the thing - we're guessing here.

And my guess is that "once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family" means they'll at some point say "hey, we had a baby a week ago, be happy for us!" and according to that statement, both versions are equally probable.

I'm not saying what they're doing is wrong, just that the statement should be written to clear things up and not confuse people further and make wild guesses. Just... be specific, it's easy.

Month? Meghan said the baby was due late April or early May. We are still in that time frame. If people wanted to disbelieve her own words, well, that’s on them.

The media have had a month, since that statement, to write horrible articles and the daytime TV too. And one of the biggest breakfast radio, presenters, who lives in Windsor, is saying this,week: Oh there has been so much activity at the house this week, I think we have a baby.

The media are not respecting their privacy. There is no need for them to be in Windsor. Too desperate to break the exclusive of them going to the hospital. FGS they will let you know when she is in labour. The reporters being 'bored' is not Meghan's fault.

As if Chris Evans actually knows, I doubt it. Stop with the conspiracy theories. If BP said no baby then there is no baby.

Any day until 10th May is very possible.
No one wants this baby to arrive already more than his parents.

I think they will dress their child to fit with it's peers and when school comes along it's a uniform. The only time he/she will dress "real proper like" will be on the balcony for theTrooping of the Colour.

I bet all the hospitals and especially the Lindo wing

Last edited by a moderator:

And my guess is that "once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family" means they'll at some point say "hey, we had a baby a week ago, be happy for us!" and according to that statement, both versions are equally probable.

I'm not saying what they're doing is wrong, just that the statement should be written to clear things up and not confuse people further and make wild guesses. Just... be specific, it's easy.

I do not believe they will keep the birth a secret for any great length of time, possibly 24 hours. I believe the confusion has came about regarding the celebrate as a new family element. I think that refers to the issue of a photograph. According to reporters yesterday on TV, the press will be told when she is in labour and when the baby is born, photographs to follow, no photocall. The couple decided on opening the long walk up to the press which has raised the issue that she is giving birth at home, but nobody has actually said that officially.
If they wish to keep the details private they are perfectly entitled to do so, but sometimes by trying to keep things too private it causes more discussion and speculation.
With Kate the press knew a basic outline of where she would be and roughly the dates, they were all prepared, they were then told when she had been admitted. I do not recall all this speculation with Kate.
I have not seen any bile regarding Meghan in the British press, but as the press do when they are waiting for the real story they fill it with other stories.

Last edited:
The media have had a month, since that statement, to write horrible articles and the daytime TV too. And one of the biggest breakfast radio, presenters, who lives in Windsor, is saying this,week: Oh there has been so much activity at the house this week, I think we have a baby.

And Buckingham Palace specifically said-the baby has not yet been born, you all will be let know when he or she has been born.

Don’t buy into what those who have ratings to deliver or an agenda to push are selling. They are unhappy they can’t camp out in front of a hospital.

I do not believe they will keep the birth a secret for any great length of time, possibly 24 hours. I believe the confusion has came about regarding the celebrate as a new family element. I think that refers to the issue of a photograph. According to reporters yesterday on TV, the press will be told when she is in labour and when the baby is born, photographs to follow, no photocall. The couple decided on opening the long walk up to the press which has raised the issue that she is giving birth at home, but nobody has actually said that officially.
If they wish to keep the details private they are perfectly entitled to do so, but sometimes by trying to keep things too private it causes more discussion and speculation.
W.
Agree. I don't know why they had to make this announcement, and all it has done is annoy a few people and the rest of the people are probably even more indifferent than they would normally be. if they are still going to announce the labour and the birth and do some kind of photographs, why make an annoucment and fuss about it? If she does not want to be seen with the baby coming out of hospital fine.. but theres no need to announce it weeks before the birth

And the wait continues...and so do the complaints from the press. The media is mad because no money shot and I imagine the costs of having reporters and camera crews are running up. After seeing the birth plans on BP letterhead what genius at the news organizations thought sending a crew out was a good idea? The photocall is in a controlled setting.

What fuss did the Sussexes make about the forthcoming birth? There was one announcement from the palace on their behalf made in mid-April. As Meghan didn't know the exact date that her baby was to be born (considering that many first babies are late) the range was late April/early May. That's hardly running around making a fuss, or announcing things many weeks ahead of time.

Agree. I don't know why they had to make this announcement, and all it has done is annoy a few people and the rest of the people are probably even more indifferent than they would normally be. if they are still going to announce the labour and the birth and do some kind of photographs, why make an annoucment and fuss about it? If she does not want to be seen with the baby coming out of hospital fine.. but theres no need to announce it weeks before the birth

They made the announcement because the press was asking—what hospital, where can we set up? That’s why it was announced when it was.
The answer was the place of birth is private, you can set up on the Long Walk once Meghan has gone into labor and be there for 3 days to do your reporting.
The press is making the fuss because they were not happy with the answer they were given

No, your guess is not in line with anything they have done so far nor in line with the clear communicatiom to the media, such as that there will be a limited photocall (3 persons) a few days after birth and media will be allowed on the Long Walk up until 72 hours after birth.

However, if you choose to ignore those, you might end up with lots of wild specilation but that's not due to them or their communication (and would have happened anyway).

They made the announcement because the press was asking—what hospital, where can we set up? That’s why it was announced when it was.
The answer was the place of birth is private, you can set up on the Long Walk once Meghan has gone into labor and be there for 3 days to do your reporting.
The press is making the fuss because they were not happy with the answer they were given

Exactly, had they not been so kind to make an announcement at all, the media and those seeing this couple in a negative light would be most likely even more outraged.

Last edited by a moderator:

They must know that the Press wouldn't be too happy with a vague answer like that.. and they are going to allow reporting and put out photos and tell the world that she's in labour anyway. So I don't quite see why they needed to do this. THey could have just said nothing.. and let the Press go halfsies and send some of their crew to London and some to Windsor. Or they could have just said that M will be having hr baby in London.. (or near Windsor)...and then the press would go there near the due date window of time.

They must know that the Press wouldn't be too happy with a vague answer like that.. and they are going to allow reporting and put out photos and tell the world that she's in labour anyway. So I don't quite see why they needed to do this. THey could have just said nothing.. and let the Press go halfsies and send some of their crew to London and some to Windsor. Or they could have just said that M will be having hr baby in London.. (or near Windsor)...and then the press would go there near the due date window of time.

Neither of which is a better alternative to the present situation. And no communication actually would be much worse.

Neither of which is a better alternative to the present situation. And no communication actually would be much worse.

Why? The press would stil have to wait for the baby to arrive..and that is a tedious situation..

Time flies so fast that before we know it we will discuss the first school day of this baby.

Agreed some of the media has lost its mind with the information they did get complaining that it wasn't enough and that H&M OWE the public more. If they hadn't given them any information the uproar would have been off the charts and the conspiracies would have been worse than they are now.

No, your guess is not in line with anything they have done so far nor in line with the clear communicatiom to the media, such as that there will be a limited photocall (3 persons) a few days after birth and media will be allowed on the Long Walk up until 72 hours after birth.

However, if you choose to ignore those, you might end up with lots of wild specilation but that's not due to them or their communication (and would have happened anyway).
Okay, you do understand that my "guess" was an intentional overexaggeration about how this statement could be interpreted, right? All I'm saying is that a very vague "once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family" in a public statement can mean a lot of things, including "once we have a couple of days to ourselves with a baby".

And yes, they specified it to the press, but the thing is, why couldn't it be included with the statement? One sentence about how the birth will be announced and the photos will be released few days later and that's it. That's literally everything that I think they should've done.

I don't understand why it's written in a way that invites speculation, when it could've been done much simpler. Because, from what I understand, the informations leaked by the press shouldn't have been made public, which seriously boggles me. Where's the problem with the public knowing they'll announce labor/birth when they are planning on announcing it anyway? It doesn't change literally anything in their plans, just makes it more coherent and informative for those, who are interested.

I suppose we could say that the press is experiencing "labor" pains at not having a whole lot to report on and having to find something to say and do to seem relevant to the situation. Along with "labor" pains comes those bad moods of being ornery, out of sorts and sometimes just downright grouchy.

Meghan's probably handling it all in a much better mood and its her that has to experience the *real* labor pains and has a right to be ornery, out of sorts and just downright grouchy at times. ?

I wish everyone would relax. Baby Sussex is practically on the way. So we just have to wait for the first announcement. Let’s just relax and keep our devices on, because the news is coming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom