The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is indeed twins. She seemed to get a bump very quickly and was huge the last time we seen her. Twins are also quite common for women in her age group.
That would be so AWESOME!!! Wouldn't that be a great surprise!!

Old 04-12-2019, 11:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
All of this discussion over the decisions made by Meghan and Harry in regards to the birth of their child reminds me so much of why I feel sometimes that high profile royals are not truly seen as human beings but rather marionettes being pushed and pulled and made to dance to the tune of public opinion fueled by whatever is put out there as an outrage, a travesty, a break in tradition and I'm sure I could think of quite a few more.

We've seen this situation often. What comes immediately to mind is the roar of outrage "Where Is Our Queen??" in the aftermath of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales.

Personally, there is nothing that starts a family off right than mom and dad and the new infant being alone or including older children, bonding, able to emote over the moon at baby's first smile (some say its gas) and even changing a diaper for the first time is a loving experience. Its time for the grandparents and Gan-Gan to be included in the nest and once things have settled, it'll be time enough to present their child to the waiting world. The public doesn't always need to come first no matter what they want.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeine View Post
Every woman's experience with pregnancy and childbirth is unique, why should other women's choices have any bearing on what Meghan chooses to do? Her body, her choice. Would a two-day wait really be such a hardship for the British public?
It wont bother me, but it may bother her fans who seem very keene on discussing every detail about her.. and want to see the baby.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

What Harry and Meghan want and need trump whatever disappointment anyone's feeling, IMO. If you care about these two, then you get over any feelings of disappointment as they get to decide what's best for them and their baby - especially since soon enough they will share their little one with the world.

I thought I read in another post that people hung out in the hospital waiting for the Cambridge babies to be born..... I'm sorry, but that's crossing not just one line, but several......
Old 04-12-2019, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
It wont bother me, but it may bother her fans who seem very keene on discussing every detail about her.. and want to see the baby.
Everyone will get a chance to see the little Sussex crumb snatcher.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-12-2019, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Regarding the discussion surrounding usual discharge. In the UK normal deliveries with no complications can actually go home within 6 hours. (I’m a midwife by the way.) The baby needs to have a newborn baby check done to assess their hips, eyes and to check for heart murmurs. This can be done from 2-4 hours from birth. Some babies need to stay in for 12-24 hours infection observations if meconium (baby’s first poo) is present in their waters or if their waters are been broken for more than 24 hours.

C sections can actually be discharged the next day if the woman chooses to do so, although most women stay in for 2 days to get their pain under control.

Another factor that doesn’t always allow women to be discharged immediately is baby’s feeding. First time mums and babies can often find breast feeding tough - not all newborns do it well! I’m not saying that Meghan is or isn’t breast feeding but judging by her reported interest in all things natural, I would imagine breast feeding is on her agenda.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
And yet, we aren’t the ones dishing out the criticism. Most are understanding, even if slightly disappointing. If you want to criticize her, that’s your prerogative. Don’t do it on our account.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Regarding the discussion surrounding usual discharge. In the UK normal deliveries with no complications can actually go home within 6 hours. (Iím a midwife by the way.) The baby needs to have a newborn baby check done to assess their hips, eyes and to check for heart murmurs. This can be done from 2-4 hours from birth. Some babies need to stay in for 12-24 hours infection observations if meconium (babyís first poo) is present in their waters or if their waters are been broken for more than 24 hours.

C sections can actually be discharged the next day if the woman chooses to do so, although most women stay in for 2 days to get their pain under control.

Another factor that doesnít always allow women to be discharged immediately is babyís feeding. First time mums and babies can often find breast feeding tough - not all newborns do it well! Iím not saying that Meghan is or isnít breast feeding but judging by her reported interest in all things natural, I would imagine breast feeding is on her agenda.
Thanks for filling us in on the UKís procedures.
Re: twins, my niece (fit, late 20s) had twins and she was huge by the end, plus the babies came a month early. Meghan seems a bit large for a single, but too small for twins to me, but every woman carries differently, indeed, each pregnancy looks different.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

I was gone yesterday when all this broke ....I have to say I don't see an issue ...would it of been neat to see them on the steps leaving? Yes. Does it matter? No. She's not going into seclusion for weeks (IIRC Edward wasn't seen in public for 3 months or so)..we will get pics (and a name I hope) within a few days or so.

Why isn't that enough? This is the puzzle for me. Do we really want to basically bully a woman into dressing up like she's going to work hours after birth? Having had three kids I would of told you to get stuffed if you would of told me I needed to do this.

Let them be...we will get pics and probably a few comments. What more do you want?

LaRae

Oh forgot to say...I suspect that private hospital in Windsor may be where she has the baby...I think home birth could happen but not expecting it really.

LaRae
Old 04-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Nobility

Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

I think that the lack of plans is down to her preferring a home birth. With a home birth you have to accept that you might have to be transferred to hospital. Plus if she goes 14 days overdue the practice in the UK is to induce labour which would be in hospital. So really they arenít in a position to make specific plans for photos etc. The logistics just donít work. I for one am pleased that she is getting to chose how and where she gives birth just like any other woman!
Old 04-12-2019, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
I think that the lack of plans is down to her preferring a home birth. With a home birth you have to accept that you might have to be transferred to hospital. Plus if she goes 14 days overdue the practice in the UK is to induce labour which would be in hospital. So really they aren’t in a position to make specific plans for photos etc. The logistics just don’t work. I for one am pleased that she is getting to chose how and where she gives birth just like any other woman!
If they aren't doing a home birth, they could be counting on the unpredictable timing as an extra layer of protection from press on top of keeping the plans close. It's one thing if you know the location or the time, and having to figure out the other details based on deductive reasoning and other clues, but it's hard when you have no idea when it can occur. Statistically speaking, the pool of possibilities just expanded greatly.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Well, I guess we shouldíve expected this. The days and days of silence was the warning. Iím glad that we will know when she goes into labor and will get photos of the family once they get home though. As I said before, I think they just wanted to avoid the media circus that surrounded previous royal births and Meghan will likely be tired. The royal press will get their pictures, but on the Sussexes terms.
Did they state we will know when she goes inyo labour? My impression was that they will inform the public only (some time) after the event not beforehand.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:43 PM
Royal Highness

Bottom line … she may have given birth yesterday or today and we won't know until tomorrow :)
Old 04-12-2019, 05:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Did they state we will know when she goes inyo labour? My impression was that they will inform the public only (some time) after the event not beforehand.
There was "unauthorised" information that got leaked from the German press. Basically, BP sent out an Operational note to the media. Some of the information was embargoed. They will let the press/public know as soon as she goes into labor, and then will open the grounds on the Long Walk for the Press. The grounds will be open for 3 days.

A few days after birth, 1 PA photographer, 1 PA reporter and 1 camera will be given access to the couple on the grounds of Windsor Castle.

Again, all of this was embargoed, but it got "accidentally" leaked on German news program.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Bottom line Ö she may have given birth yesterday or today and we won't know until tomorrow :)
They will announce when she's in labor. But at that point, she'd already be wherever she is going to have the baby. It's a really short frame of time compared to if they had days or weeks to dig around.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Bottom line Ö she may have given birth yesterday or today and we won't know until tomorrow :)
We would already have known. They are going to inform the press/public when she goes into labor, they just won't say where she is having the baby. They will also let us know after the birth whether it's a boy or girl, probably weight, and MAYBE (don't think they will, but it's possibility) a name.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
There was "unauthorised" information that got leaked from the German press. Basically, BP sent out an Operational note to the media. Some of the information was embargoed. They will let the press/public know as soon as she goes into labor, and then will open the grounds on the Long Walk for the Press. The grounds will be open for 3 days.

A few days after birth, 1 PA photographer, 1 PA reporter and 1 camera will be given access to the couple on the grounds of Windsor Castle.

Again, all of this was embargoed, but it got "accidentally" leaked on German news program.
Yes, here it is:
https://twitter.com/PackhamGown/stat...91639671562240
Old 04-12-2019, 05:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
That's not true. Especially with first birth. Can someone share with us the normal guideline in UK? I know in US, women are now kept for 2-3 days after a natural birth and insurance, who is notorious for being difficult and cheap, have to pick up the tab.
It varies a lot between countries. Given that Catherine left rather quickly, it seems that the UK is more like the Netherlands where new mothers and newborns are dismissed asap so they can enjoy their new reality at home instead of at a hospital.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
We would already have known. They are going to inform the press/public when she goes into labor, they just won't say where she is having the baby. They will also let us know after the birth whether it's a boy or girl, probably weight, and MAYBE (don't think they will, but it's possibility) a name.
Since they don't know the gender, it might take a few days to name the baby. Maybe they'll have it ready at the photo call.

And since the Long Walk will be available for media up to 72 hours after the birth, I do believe the implication is there will be an announcement regarding the time of the birth and such just like with the Cambridge children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
It varies a lot between countries. Given that Catherine left rather quickly, it seems that the UK is more like the Netherlands where new mothers and newborns are dismissed asap so they can enjoy their new reality at home instead of at a hospital.
She stayed for 36 hours with George I believe.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm just waiting for the announcement from SussexRoyal now. It can't be too long to go at all.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Closed Thread