The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1261  
Old 04-11-2019, 02:04 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,493
They are even opening up the Long Walk for the media the minute it is announced Meghan is in labour. They said there will be 1 reporter, photographer, and 1 camera operator allowed for the press.

Literally they are providing the press their moment just in a slimmed down way. So this whining is over the top. There is no “secret” plan. You will just learn the day of. The end.
__________________

  #1262  
Old 04-11-2019, 02:04 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,859
The decision won't help them win any popularity contests with the press or public, they are senior royals after all at this stage.
The press will over the sussex kid for the rest of her or his life anyway. No privacy will change that. The Sussex won't be King and Queen but they have the US media interest on their backs forever.
I am sure all this 'we want privacy' while in reality they only want to pick and chose what suits their image or their interest best will not do them any favours and will only create more headlines of extravagance.
__________________

  #1263  
Old 04-11-2019, 02:17 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,137
You never know.. Baby Sussex may not get that much media attention.. except perhaps in the US...
  #1264  
Old 04-11-2019, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
they only want to pick and chose what suits their image or their interest best will not do them any favours and will only create more headlines of extravagance.
AMEN.. this may be a cause of future regret...and will do nothing for their already failing popularity in the UK...
  #1265  
Old 04-11-2019, 02:44 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
AMEN.. this may be a cause of future regret...and will do nothing for their already failing popularity in the UK...
Is it failing? I think among "ardent" royal fans they are pretty popular. with the rest of the people I think they're (like many royals) ignored or not much liked
  #1266  
Old 04-11-2019, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The decision won't help them win any popularity contests with the press or public, they are senior royals after all at this stage.
The press will over the sussex kid for the rest of her or his life anyway. No privacy will change that. The Sussex won't be King and Queen but they have the US media interest on their backs forever.
I am sure all this 'we want privacy' while in reality they only want to pick and chose what suits their image or their interest best will not do them any favours and will only create more headlines of extravagance.
Let's not put this on US media as they generally handle things regarding royalty at a much more respectful distance. Yes, there will be interest. However, it's nowhere near the petty rumors that the UK media has tried to peddle with the Sussexes and then turn around and play the innocent. I have no doubt that they would've loved to have a spot outside of the hospital, they aren't nearly as petulant as members of the UK media has been. In fact, I've seen understanding.

While I agree that this won't win them any favors with the press who would like nothing more than to capitalize this baby as much as they can squeeze out of it, I don't know if the public will be so against it. Personally, I find the idea of having to trade what happens hours after your childbirth and your newborn for good press to be repulsive. I think most people can understand a woman not wanting to pose for the media screaming at them right after a traumatic experience. In fact, some have come out and said it's wrong that it happens at all.

And yes, childbirth is a traumatic experience even without any psychological trauma.
  #1267  
Old 04-11-2019, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
AMEN.. this may be a cause of future regret...and will do nothing for their already failing popularity in the UK...

I agree. I can understand why Harry & Meghan want to avoid a photo call & the accompanying frenzy but this won't help their rocky relationship the press. Instead of the chance to photograph & videotape a warm moment the press gets what they view as a snub.

But on the other hand if Harry and Meghan want their children to live private lives, not as working members of the BRF, perhaps in the long run this decision will be for the best.
  #1268  
Old 04-11-2019, 02:51 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
I agree. I can understand why Harry & Meghan want to avoid a photo call & the accompanying frenzy but this won't help their rocky relationship the press. Instead of the chance to photograph & videotape a warm moment the press gets what they view as a snub.

But on the other hand if Harry and Meghan want their children to live private lives, not as working members of the BRF, perhaps in the long run this decision will be for the best.
There will be a photo call at Windsor Castle a few days after the birth. The German media accidentally published more informations from the palace.

Omid just tweeted to someone about it: "That shouldn’t have been published".

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/11...08928626196480
  #1269  
Old 04-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Princess Merena's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Wakanda View Post
Yes, but Meghan isn't a normal mom to be. She is the granddaughter in law of the Queen of England and the daughter in law of the future King of England. IF it is a home birth, she no doubt has round the clock care and a surgical team and ambulance on stand by.
Even if she has the ambulance on stand by, anything can happen. There are situations where the baby needs to be taken out immediately ie. in less than ten minutes.
  #1270  
Old 04-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
They are even opening up the Long Walk for the media the minute it is announced Meghan is in labour. They said there will be 1 reporter, photographer, and 1 camera operator allowed for the press.

Literally they are providing the press their moment just in a slimmed down way. So this whining is over the top. There is no “secret” plan. You will just learn the day of. The end.
I think this is actually a much more organized manner and far less barbaric than having all that chaos outside of a hospital. There are other people there getting medical treatment for goodness' sake, and they shouldn't have to deal with the chaos for the simple fact that they were a bit unfortunate on the timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
[/B]

A lot of them are in need of a pacifier today. There is no broken protocol, tradition, etc here. In fact, it's a throwback to tradition and how it was done before the days of over indulgent nosy RR.
Couldn't have said it any better. This whole outside of hospital thing only started with Duchess of Kent, and it only started out as having a baby at the hospital as opposed to a palace or private residence. Now it's developed into full blown entitlement for the press.
  #1271  
Old 04-11-2019, 02:56 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I think this is actually a much more organized manner and far less barbaric than having all that chaos outside of a hospital. There are other people there getting medical treatment for goodness' sake, and they shouldn't have to deal with the chaos for the simple fact that they were a bit unfortunate on the timing.
Exactly, some people need to take a chill pill. Their reactions were so immature. Unbelievable.
  #1272  
Old 04-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Wakanda View Post
Yes, but Meghan isn't a normal mom to be. She is the granddaughter in law of the Queen of England and the daughter in law of the future King of England. IF it is a home birth, she no doubt has round the clock care and a surgical team and ambulance on stand by.



Why go through an unnecessary risk though only to fend off the press or because of some ideological position on "natural births", which may be the actual reason for choosing a home birth in Meghan's case ?



I also prefer to think, however, that the home birth information is just another unconfirmed rumor despite having been reported by the DM.
  #1273  
Old 04-11-2019, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Merena View Post
Even if she has the ambulance on stand by, anything can happen. There are situations where the baby needs to be taken out immediately ie. in less than ten minutes.
They would have to basically be able to perform surgery at wherever the location is if not the hospital and have blood on hand for transfusion if needed. I think that's always the biggest difference if you can get to a hospital quickly. While there are things they can do on an ambulance, they don't have blood for transfusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I also prefer to think, however, that the home birth information is just another unconfirmed rumor despite having been reported by the DM.
In the announcement, nothing was said of a home birth. Given the amount of conflicting information we've seen, I'm inclined to believe no one actually knows and everyone is just trying to guess based on what we do know.
  #1274  
Old 04-11-2019, 03:03 PM
Elenath's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuth, Netherlands
Posts: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
I agree. I can understand why Harry & Meghan want to avoid a photo call & the accompanying frenzy but this won't help their rocky relationship the press. Instead of the chance to photograph & videotape a warm moment the press gets what they view as a snub.

But on the other hand if Harry and Meghan want their children to live private lives, not as working members of the BRF, perhaps in the long run this decision will be for the best.
Nothing will help their rocky relationship with the press and the press have themselves to thank for that. Even if the photocall were held, the press would still treat Meghan like crap. I personally canít blame Harry and Meghan.
  #1275  
Old 04-11-2019, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
Nothing will help their rocky relationship with the press and the press have themselves to thank for that. Even if the photocall were held, the press would still treat Meghan like crap. I personally can’t blame Harry and Meghan.
True that. I don't want to rehash everything that's been said about the treatment by press, but look back to the discussion in the last few days on this board, these problems aren't going away with a whoever wants to join photocall. They'll still have a photographer, reporter, and camera for something with the new family. Just not a frenzy.
  #1276  
Old 04-11-2019, 03:10 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I think this is actually a much more organized manner and far less barbaric than having all that chaos outside of a hospital. There are other people there getting medical treatment for goodness' sake, and they shouldn't have to deal with the chaos for the simple fact that they were a bit unfortunate on the timing.


Couldn't have said it any better. This whole outside of hospital thing only started with Duchess of Kent, and it only started out as having a baby at the hospital as opposed to a palace or private residence. Now it's developed into full blown entitlement for the press.
Exactly. Royals or not, these are people's lives and emotions the press is trampling all over. The primary goal is the comfort and security of the new mom and baby, and if Harry and Meghan feel that this is the way to go about it, then so be it. It's not like they are breaking some hundred year old royal tradition.
  #1277  
Old 04-11-2019, 03:14 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
Exactly! A think a photo call was almost obligatory for William & Catherine (the future King and Queen whose oldest child will one day be King too) and they did their duty. Harry and Meghan have more freedom. Like you, I suspect this might be an indication they prefer their children lead lives more like the Wessex children than George, Charlotte, and Louis.

Giving birth at Lindo and doing photo call was a choice. The Queen gave birth to Charles (future King) at home.

.
  #1278  
Old 04-11-2019, 03:19 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
Nothing will help their rocky relationship with the press and the press have themselves to thank for that. Even if the photocall were held, the press would still treat Meghan like crap. I personally canít blame Harry and Meghan.
I agree with this. There's an old saying that goes "don't bite the hand that feeds you". With as much negativity that has been dished out aimed at both Harry and Meghan and published day in and day out, is it really surprising that they've found themselves getting the short end of the stick and told they're definitely not wanted? Doesn't surprise me one bit.

Harry and Meghan are handling things the way they want to handle thing and IMO, it should be respected. No amount of whining from anyone is going to change things.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #1279  
Old 04-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Merena View Post
Even if she has the ambulance on stand by, anything can happen. There are situations where the baby needs to be taken out immediately ie. in less than ten minutes.
Meghan and Harry's bag is different than the average person. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have a sterile/semi surgical room set up at Frogmore IF they have a home birth.
  #1280  
Old 04-11-2019, 03:43 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 5,738
As a mod noted earlier:
Quote:
"As regards to social media reaction to the decision, it is irrelevant - with the exception of TRF discussion here!"
Let's stick to discussing Meghan and Harry and not delve into reactions from random people on social media or in the DM comment section.

Also let's get back to the topic of the thread and and not get into discussing the media vs the Sussexes. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Koningsdag 2014-2021 Marengo Dutch Royals 242 03-31-2021 02:43 AM
Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021 Josefine Royal House of Denmark 1720 01-07-2021 02:53 PM
What will happen to Royal Families in 2019 AmaliaCharlotte Royal Chit Chat 50 11-29-2019 03:59 PM
Princess Sofia is Expecting - Due April 2016 JR76 Prince Carl Philip, Princess Sofia and Family 197 04-20-2016 05:04 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism british british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen carolin china chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs doll dresses duke of sussex family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf history house of windsor imperial household intro italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery kids movie king edward vii książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg maxima meghan markle monarchy nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen maxima queen victoria random facts royal ancestry royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding serbian royal family spain sussex swedish queen taiwan tradition unfinished portrait united states of america wedding gown welsh wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×