Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the photo call that Harry, Meghan and Baby Sussex do have will be at Windsor Castle and if the Queen is still there, she may see the little one sooner rather than later.

:previous: Yes, it was announced that a photo-call would take place at Windsor Castle, where the Queen is often in residence.

Oh I definitely agree that Meghan has probably done everything she possibly can to prepare for childbirth and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if a lot of her technique comes from yoga practices for childbirth. The internet itself is chock full of links relating to yoga and childbirth and I'd even bet that Doria is a big part of it all...

Right, you must be referring to sites and resources such as these:
https://www.yogabirthmethod.com/
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...k-by-week/in-depth/prenatal-yoga/art-20047193

https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/fitness/prenatal-yoga-for-easier-delivery/
This article is very enlightening in how it details the benefits of prenatal yoga classes:
"'A woman's ability to birth a baby is directly related to her ability to let go of gripping in her muscles,' says Jane Austin, a pre- and postnatal yoga teacher based in San Francisco and the founder of the prenatal yoga school Mama Tree. Prenatal yoga poses, she adds, are designed to build strength where it's needed, as in the legs and lower back, but also to cultivate the skill of being able to release tension, tightness, and, ultimately, pain from the body..."

"... regular yoga practice has also been shown to shorten the length of labor by as much as two hours... Yoga poses may also help optimize the baby's position for birth, by allowing the pelvic bones and ligaments to open and move apart from each other. This allows the baby's head to find more room to nestle at the bottom of the uterus as birth nears. Some yoga poses, like pelvic tilts, might even encourage a breech or posterior birth baby to turn into the head-down (vaginal birth) position."

"Despite all these reassuring benefits, though, labor is complicated, and every woman's personal experience with it is different... prenatal yoga is 'about being present with your experience [and] honoring where you are in that moment.'"

I’m convinced by this time next week we will have a baby. Based on when Doria arrived, announcement etc I think she is already a week overdue. Exciting!

I’m convinced by this time next week we will have a baby. Based on when Doria arrived, announcement etc I think she is already a week overdue. Exciting!

I think they would have induced or done a C-section if she were a week overdue.

Last edited:
Yeah, I keep checking online in the mornings for the last week and nothing. ?

Bringing this conversation over from Current events thread where tours were being discussed in connection with the Sussexes possible future plans to have another child, by late 2020 or early 2021:

I think it's way too soon to be talking about another pregnancy. :lol: I have a feeling it's probably the last thing on Meghan's mind at this point. :lol:

Well said, Jacqui. I think Meghan is probably just about being done with being pregnant for now, and is unlikely to be contemplating another one just yet.

:lol: The way Meghan cradled her baby bump throughout her pregnancy, and the fact she's very in touch with her body via years of yoga practice, I have an inkling that she's been glorying in her pregnancy, even despite any physical discomforts.

The DoS has also been focused on a ton of other goings-on in her new life (patronages; royal engagements; new role with QCT; daily life taking care of her dogs and her husband; home renovation and decoration; moving plans; gardening plans; keeping in touch with friends; intimate dinner parties; vacation and tour planning; practical matters; learning about royal family history & the Royal Collection from Prince Charles; nesting and down time; preparing for baby's arrival and opening a ton of baby gifts; yoga practice; spiritual practice; charitable fund-raising; writing speeches; contributing posts to the new Instagram account; wardrobe planning; cultivating her new family relationships -- Whew) ;)

From specific comments and advice Meghan has uttered in the past, I think she is someone who appreciates and fully takes in each and every moment. So right, she is likely very focused on what's happening now, and she's not stressing about the future. Although keep in mind that the royal family does tend to plan future engagements at least a year in advance. Most likely, things are in a bit of flux now with so much going on among the royals, so the Sussexes may have discussed future planning, but nothing is written in stone, including when they might consider trying for another pregnancy. ?

Last edited:
Lets please move on from discussing when Meghan might become pregnant again - she hasn't even given birth to her first child yet.

I think they would have induced or done a C-section if she were a week overdue.

Why? In the UK they don’t induce until 42 weeks. That is the NICE guidelines. I was 37 and 39 when I had my children and 42 weeks applied to me.

Ok folks, it's that time to put the final bet in. Will Baby Sussex make it in April or will he be a May baby? One more day and we shall find out!

I can personally testify that born at 42 weeks is perfectly fine...and headstrong. :whistling: I wasn't going to make an appearance until I was ready. :lol: Let's see if Baby Sussex is as headstrong.

Why? In the UK they don’t induce until 42 weeks. That is the NICE guidelines. I was 37 and 39 when I had my children and 42 weeks applied to me.

I think some have said that some doctors won't let geriatric mothers go beyond a week. Honestly, at this point, I'd want to be induced if I were her. I had a friend who managed to convince the doctor to induce her a few days before her due date. She was just over being pregnant at that point.

Last edited:
Ok folks, it's that time to put the final bet in. Will Baby Sussex make it in April or will he be a May baby? One more day and we shall find out!

I can personally testify that born in 42 weeks can be perfectly fine...and headstrong. :whistling: I wasn't going to make an appearance until I was ready. :lol: Let's see if Baby Sussex is as headstrong.

I'm still up for April 30th, but baby Sussex has already made a liar out of me, so who knows. If I don't hear anything by midday tomorrow, then my next bet is going to be for May 3rd or 5th.

I'm still up for April 30th, but baby Sussex has already made a liar out of me, so who knows. If I don't hear anything by midday tomorrow, then my next bet is going to be for May 3rd or 5th.

Well, I have my entire afternoon blocked with meetings tomorrow, so maybe that'll be when the labor announcement comes. :lol: Although, Baby Sussex has managed to avoid any conflict in my schedule so far. :lol:

Well, I have my entire afternoon blocked with meetings tomorrow, so maybe that'll be when the labor announcement comes. :lol: Although, Baby Sussex has managed to avoid any conflict in my schedule so far. :lol:

All the royal reporters and correspondents are pretty much on standby. The big news should be coming soon. I still think I’ll be sleep once the announcement comes. Lord knows I’m checking my iPad every time something pops up.

All the royal reporters and correspondents are pretty much on standby. The big news should be coming soon. I still think I’ll be sleep once the announcement comes. Lord knows I’m checking my iPad every time something pops up.

I noticed some of them have been reporting from Windsor whenever they are invited to talk about the baby on the shows. Some are still reporting from BP, so they are all a bit dispersed, but they'll all be on the Long Walk once this happens. Chris Ship has been so bored that he's been posting random things from Windsor. :lol:

BTW, I'm just going to put it out there I'd be VERY PISSED if the announcement about labor comes when I'm asleep and the birth has been announced before I wake up. VERY PISSED! I want to participate in the anticipation dammit!

Last edited:
I'm still sticking with May 5, for no particular reason. That means she's probably due to go into labor in the next 15 minutes, with my current rate of accuracy in predictions.

I'm sure it said the Long wall press facility will only be operational from 6am to 11pm so I suspect they won't announce a labour outside those hours.

Rarely dip into the Sussex threads these days so apologies for being behind - I thought we weren't necessarily going to be told when she went into labour? Or did I miss hear that??

Rarely dip into the Sussex threads these days so apologies for being behind - I thought we weren't necessarily going to be told when she went into labour? Or did I miss hear that??

There is extended operational notes that were supposed to be embargoed. But in there, it did detail more of how things will be handled to the media. Labor will be announced as that's when Long Walk will be available to the media to report from. The deduction based on the language is that the time of the birth will also be announced as Long Walk will remain open to media for up to 72 hours after she gives birth.

Basically the only difference is that the photocall will take place at Windsor Castle rather than hospital and it will only be three people as opposed to however many shows up. Another difference is they will not announce where she's having the baby (hence the keeping plans around the birth of their baby private). The press can set up camp on Long Walk to do their reporting in lieu of camping out at the hospital. All photos and footages from the photocall will be shared with everyone as they are using the royal rota system.

I'm sure it said the Long wall press facility will only be operational from 6am to 11pm so I suspect they won't announce a labour outside those hours.
I will laugh if she feels the first pains of labor right after 11pm and has the baby by 6am. The press will have fits, but I will laugh at Baby Sussex's cheekiness. Although I suspect an email would still go out in the middle of the night or early morning if labor is progressed to the point where birth is likely to be soon. Besides, it's open to them at 6AM, no reason why they can't be told at 4:30 or 5 if that's the case.

Last edited:
I was shocked thought it would happen while I was away all weekend and only online once. Home and still no baby.

:previous: Ever seen a baby in the womb chilling out and sucking its thumb? Well, firstly it's way cool and secondly, I think that that's what Baby Sussex is doing.

RadarOnLine (an online site, yes I know!) has apparently reported that Harry was seen leaving KP (Nott Cott?) for the London Marathon engagement and returning there but not returning to Windsor.

IF this is true I'm wondering whether there was perhaps a false alarm at Frogmore and after a checkup Meghan's doctors advised the couple to go to London to Nott Cott just in case.

It's not out of the realms of possibility IMO that doctors may have wanted Meghan near to the capital and London hospitals over the last couple of days, just in case.

RadarOnLine (an online site, yes I know!) has apparently reported that Harry was seen leaving KP (Nott Cott?) for the London Marathon engagement and returning there but not returning to Windsor.

IF this is true I'm wondering whether there was perhaps a false alarm at Frogmore and after a checkup Meghan's doctors advised the couple to go to London to Nott Cott just in case.

It's not out of the realms of possibility IMO that doctors may have wanted Meghan near to the capital and London hospitals over the last couple of days, just in case.

Unless there is a more reliable outlet reporting it, I wouldn’t believe it. They are just about the few outlets that are actually worse than the British tabloids.

... BTW, I'm just going to put it out there I'd be VERY PISSED if the announcement about labor comes when I'm asleep and the birth has been announced before I wake up. VERY PISSED! I want to participate in the anticipation dammit!

Well, the anticipation is becoming frustrating, partly due to the time difference, and the fact that babies can decide whenever they are ready, and it's not on anyone's time, but their own. I never waited like this for anyone else's baby. Even my older sister's kids back-in-the-day when I lived in a different state from her. I would just get the phone call when I got it. For her second child (now an adult), who resembles me, I happened to be visiting, so that's quite memorable.

We should appreciate the wonders of the Internet, which brings the world closer together. Up-to-the-second access is possible. But who can stay up around the clock and put their life on hold? No one, of course. Oh, perhaps except for the royal reporters who have flocked to Windsor, because it's part of their jobs.

To me, it's looking and feeling like May, but it could begin within a few hours, or sometime tomorrow. Despite what's been said, the labor announcement may not even come immediately within minutes of it happening. The public could be informed hours or so after labor begins (unless the birth is taking place at a hospital, which still hasn't been specified).

Last edited:
I have my iPhone set for news alerts from the BBC. They are VERY fast. Sometimes beating U.S. news outlets to breaking stories occurring here in the States.

I'm hoping for tomorrow which was my much-loved grandmother's birthday. You can do it, Baby Sussex!!

Can we take guesses on the baby’s weight? I’m going to guess a 7lbs8oz to 8lbs.

You might be able to tell I’m a little bit out of my mind waiting for this baby to get here. :lol:

Last edited:
Well, I've been wrong so far on the birth date (way wrong, I thought March for ages) so I might as well be wrong for this as well! :lol: I guess a big baby boy at about 8lbs 6 ounces.

I think the baby will be right around the 8 pound mark. Leaning towards a girl. So likely will be a huge boy as I am rarely right :lol:

I thought 25th, as day after my birthday, or this weekend while I was gone. So I give up guessing date. Just hope not Thursday, want baby have its own day.

There are reports that Meghan selected a 20-person medical team, headed by a female gynecologist. And that all doctors on the team are sworn to forego drinking any alcohol until after Baby Sussex has been delivered. ?

This long wait might actually be driving some fans to drink. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom