Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'll happily wait. Bank is have their own timing and I think Mehan had her so-called '12 Week Scan a little early as the were headed out on tour the day after Eugenie' s wedding.

Indeed, no-one I know has mentioned it..

It's probably that typically British thing of everything being very low key until the actual event. The interest will rocket once it happens, it'll be all over social media & the mags & papers carrying photos will fly off the shelves.

I am sure we will know post-factum, maybe a few hours later, maybe a day later. Who knows maybe they will make a photo and then publish it with announcement.

There's no hospital for press and fans to camp outside of and the media to comment on. If there was then we'd have pics and puff pieces on that. Once he/she is born it will be wall to wall coverage. As it is the magazines have her on the covers every week with A to Z of the new Royal baby, birthing plans, delighted Harry etc.

I think she's late based on a few things but we don't really know for sure.

Curryong said:
I certainly hope we don't have to wait another four days for news. That would wreck me! And surely the baby would be way overdue by then?

:previous: Earlier this year, Meghan told crowds on a walkabout that their baby is due late April/ early May...

I am twixt and between with waiting though. ? If not today, then tomorrow? Only three days left in the month of April. Maybe baby Sussex is having a fine time chillin' inside Mom Meghan and ain't especially eager to brave coming out into this crazy world. Although, he/she will surely be fine in the long run under the nurturing guidance and protection of parents, grands, godparents, extended family & Sussex friends, plus RPOs (staving off the rampant pap-media hoards, not to mention the thirstiest Markles).

Last edited:
Meghan said she was due late April/early May. Meghan may not have reached her due date yet.

I've re-read the last announcement Harry and Meghan made about the birth several times now and it reads to me that they are going to announce AFTER the birth. I know that doesn't tie in with that supposed leaked info from German sources about the long walk and announcing the begining of labor, but I have put more weight on their actual words than the other.

So, unpopular as it may make them with a few people, I think we will only find out about the birth exactly as they say "once we have had a chance celebrate privately". Announcement only after the baby is born.

As senior members of the RF, there are limits to the amount of privacy they can request from the public. There is no way they can for example wait a week to announce that the baby is born.

No hospital walkout or even secrecy about the place of birth are OK (even though I don't particulary agree with the latter specifically), but I am sure BP will release a statement when the Duchess is in labor and there will be a press release hours (not days) after the baby is born, probably with additional information like gender and weight.

As for "family celebration", I also take it with a grain of salt. Maybe they meant "father, mother and maternal grandmother" in this family celebration. The Queen, however, celebrates the birth of her great-grandchildren issuing a note that says she is delighted with the birth. Sorry, but that is how it is.

Last edited:
Harry is currently handing out medals at the London Marathon, of which he is patron, so the wait for Baby Sussex continues.

Maybe Meghan had NIPT taken which revealed there are no genetical problems and the pregnancy was announced before the 12th week. NIPT can be taken already on 10th week.

I tend to think that you are right.
My daughter had a NIPT test at the 10th week.
She announced her friends her pregnancy at week 10.

Baby Sussex is the most popular little person in the world now and he or she is not even born yet. I just love it!

Exactly AO, although that's only true for everyone avidly following, which is surely a lot of people around the world. Still, not everyone are royal fans or M&H fans waiting with bated breath.

I met a woman the other day who had her cute 4-month-old son wrapped in one of those handy over-the-shoulders, front-facing baby carry-alls. I was exclaiming how cute he is, and I mentioned Meghan (Duchess of Sussex) expecting any day now. The woman smiled and seemed to know who I was talking about. But she shook her head and said, "Oh, I didn't know."

The average person walking down the street in my town couldn't care less. My family have never been royal watchers and they aren't the least bit interested, but they know I am, so they put up with indulging my passion every now and then. But they mostly can't be bothered listening when I attempt to update them on Sussex news. :lol: At least one of my sisters was kind enough to gift me with a Meghan Markle Hallmark Movie compilation DVD entitled Royal Wedding Collection (which I will discuss in the Electronic Forum).

Most likely, the biggest reason why there's not too many media outlets camped out in England is because they don't wish to waste money, absent sufficient details about when and where the baby will be born. Everyone is aware that the Sussexes have requested privacy and are not planning to accommodate hoards of fans and media crews. There are some media people though who are hanging out in Windsor (including news reporters from Australia).

Last edited:
Based on her announcement, yes she is over due. When she made the May comment she likely took into account babies come late often.

Even if she hit 12 weeks the day of Eugenie wedding and had the scan that morning, she would be over due. And it's not likely she had the scan that morning or was exactly twelve weeks then.

Although, if she had a scan say the day before Eugenie’s wedding and was only 11 or so weeks, the baby is not really overdue. Due date would be this week.
And as Harry and Meghan were leaving on the tour almost immediately after Eugenie’s wedding, I can see a thorough exam and all the necessary scans done then, 12 weeks or not.
They were well aware Meghan was beginning to show and could not have disguised the pregnancy on the tour, so an announcement needed to be made. Speculative stories would have overshadowed the tour engagements.

I've re-read the last announcement Harry and Meghan made about the birth several times now and it reads to me that they are going to announce AFTER the birth. I know that doesn't tie in with that supposed leaked info from German sources about the long walk and announcing the begining of labor, but I have put more weight on their actual words than the other.

So, unpopular as it may make them with a few people, I think we will only find out about the birth exactly as they say "once we have had a chance celebrate privately". Announcement only after the baby is born.

The announcement from the Sussexes that you mention is the part that was meant to be shared with the public. The other paragraph, which is actually floating around on the Internet because of the German media gaffe, was the embargoed part-but all media received the entire announcement. This was confirmed by multiple sources after the info had slipped out.
It said once Meghan has gone into labor, media would be notified and the Long Walk will be opened for media to do their broadcasts. I think they said it would be open for 3 days.
I think, celebrating privately first means they will spend a few hours bonding and making the calls to the Queen, Prince Charles, and other family and closest friends. Then they will announce publicly. All perfectly normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
If she had had the 12 week scan by the time of Eugenie's wedding she is now past the 40 week mark so is either overdue, lied about how far along she was in October, has had the baby already and not told anyone or something has gone wrong and they aren't saying anything until they are ready. We simply have to wait and see. I don't see much interest in this baby however e.g. no overseas media in residence in London doing daily reports as we had with all three of Catherine's babies.

Not true. We’ve had reports on our morning shows. They are just more scattered in Windsor rather than all packed outside of a hospital. And really, she’s hardly at a point of overdue for people to accuse them of lying or speculate there is something wrong.

Although, if she had a scan say the day before Eugenie’s wedding and was only 11 or so weeks, the baby is not really overdue. Due date would be this week.
And as Harry and Meghan were leaving on the tour almost immediately after Eugenie’s wedding, I can see a thorough exam and all the necessary scans done then, 12 weeks or not.
They were well aware Meghan was beginning to show and could not have disguised the pregnancy on the tour, so an announcement needed to be made. Speculative stories would have overshadowed the tour engagements.

They said as part of the announcement she had her 12 weeks scan. I doubt they’d announce if she’s not in her second trimester yet.

By the way, if she was not past the "safe period" (i.e. 12 weeks) her gynecologist wouldn't have let her to take such a long, far and exhausting trip, especially to the different climate zone.

They said as part of the announcement she had her 12 weeks scan. Being a few days overdue is quite normal and hardly calls into speculation that they lied when they said she’s had her 12 weeks scan.

I thought that was speculation from the media, not part of the official announcement. And anyway she could have had her 12 week scan a bit early as they were leaving for the tour. That wouldn’t have been lying.

Last edited:
I though that was speculation from the media, not part of the official announcement. And anyway she could have had her 12 week scan a bit early as they were leaving for the tour. That wouldn’t have been lying.

Indeed, pure speculation of the media. The official statement nevr said anything about 12 weeks back then
Here what Emil Nash tweeted back then
She is thought to be around 12 weeks

I though that was speculation from the media, not part of the official announcement. And anyway she could have had her 12 week scan a bit early as they were leaving for the tour. That wouldn’t have been lying.

No. That information was shared with the RRs on the call. It’s typical to give them additional information than just the brief announcement. They got them all on a call after a brief about the tour. It was so monumental for the RRs that they posted a picture of the exact moment at the brief. :lol:

All they said at the time is that she’s had her 12 weeks, which is what everyone was reporting she’s at. Then the US Weekly story dropped a day or two later with “source” saying she’s about 15 weeks. And then everyone else jumped on the bandwagon as she was already showing. People here did say she looked more like 4 months along rather than 3 months along on here based on experience as well. Now I’m think there weren’t “sources” that knows anything that told the media, but rather just a guess based on how she looked. Which does not surprise me one bit.

Crazy time then with the baby announcement and tour. I was watching with baited breath everyday bc that schedule was just crazy.

Indeed, pure speculation of the media. The official statement nevr said anything about 12 weeks back then
Here what Emil Nash tweeted back then
She is thought to be around 12 weeks

And she said that because they were told she’s had her 12 weeks scan. At the time, the speculation was that she was actually further along, but all the palace said was she’s had her 12 weeks. And regardless of when she had the scan, it’s unusual to announce if she’s not at 12 weeks. But 12 weeks would still make sense given Meghan said her due date is end of April. And then added maybe early May because you never know with babies.

Harry is currently handing out medals at the London Marathon, of which he is patron, so the wait for Baby Sussex continues.

Ah, seemingly Harry must be tearing himself away from Frogmore Cottage to fulfill his obligations, with his cell phone on 'baby alert' stand-by. :D

Not true. We’ve had reports on our morning shows. They are just more scattered in Windsor rather than all packed outside of a hospital. And really, she’s hardly at a point of overdue for people to accuse them of lying or speculate there is something wrong.

That sounds very reasonable. The Sussexes are actually big news these days, especially as part of the more pleasant news cycle per their romantic love story, down-to-earth charm, and uplifting humanitarian activities.

By the way, if she was not past the "safe period" (i.e. 12 weeks) her gynecologist wouldn't have let her to take such a long, far and exhausting trip, especially to the different climate zone.

And even during the lengthy South Pacific tour, a number of precautions were taken for Meghan's & her unborn baby's comfort and safety.

They said as part of the announcement she had her 12 weeks scan. I doubt they’d announce if she’s not in her second trimester yet.

Harry and Meghan announced because the tour was beginning and Meghan was showing already. 11 weeks or 12 weeks, so what.
Yes, obviously Meghan is one of those women who shows early. Several of us suspected based on photos from the cookbook launch in September.

Last edited:
Harry and Meghan announced because the tour was beginning and Meghan was showing already. 11 weeks or 12 weeks, so what.

While I do think they would take the tour into consideration on some of the timing, I don’t see them jump the gun on it. Given the higher chance of miscarriage and this is geriatric pregnancy. Especially given no one knew how that baby was going to grow. She can still hide it based on what we saw the first day.

And really, if she’s 12 weeks at Eugenie’s wedding, she’ll be 42 weeks on May 10th. If she’s 12 weeks at announcement, she’ll be 42 weeks on 13th. Nothing out of the ordinary at this point either way to think they deviated from standard procedure.

Last edited:
As many posters have mentioned the 12 week scan can be done between 10 and 13 weeks. However I don't think she would have traveled across the world before 12 weeks. But if she was 12 weeks on the day they announced, she is due tomorrow which is very much late April early May

And really, she’s hardly at a point of overdue for people to accuse them of lying or speculate there is something wrong...

I think accusing a woman of lying about her pregnancy is distasteful. She is not obliged to share every minute detail from conception to birth with a world of total strangers.

And to suggest ‘something has gone wrong’ seems to edge close to schadenfreude.

If "something had gone wrong" either there would have been an emergency cesarean and the baby would be born and possibly in the special care unit (and probably announced as born like Lady Louise's emergency birth) or there would be a tragedy. Neither of which would have Harry "unexpectedly" turning up at events and looking happy. He'd be at home. And they'd probably also announce it so the media doesn't keep saying "any day now".

Let's please stop speculating about something going wrong.

Meghan, her family and her doctors are the only ones who know when her official due date is, and they haven't shared that info with the public. So let's move on from the endless discussion about when Meghan had her 12 week scan.

… As for "family celebration", I also take it with a grain of salt. Maybe they meant "father, mother and maternal grandmother" in this family celebration. The Queen, however, celebrates the birth of her great-grandchildren issuing a note that says she is delighted with the birth. Sorry, but that is how it is.

Sure, that's what we might know publicly. There's no way for any of us to truly know everything that goes on privately behind-the-scenes. There is ample evidence and knowledge, however, of the fact that Queen Elizabeth is very fond of her grandson, Harry, although her very favorite grandchild is said to be Peter Phillips.

It would be rather ghastly to never be able to let down one's guard among family members, or to have to always behave primly, properly, and formally. As the years have passed, surely the Queen is much more relaxed and informal in one-on-ones with her closest family members. The Queen's appearance with Harry in the Invictus promo video with the Obamas is one indication of the Queen's more relaxed approach these days. Her Majesty's James Bond cameo for the London Olympics is indeed another example of her lightheartedness and her delightful sense of humor. The Queen is extraordinary for her ability to adapt, and for her willingness to lead with a soft touch.

Michelle Obama gave examples in her recent memoir of the Queen's humanity and her straightforward ease in foregoing strict adherence to stuffy protocol policed by royal courtiers.

IMO, there's every reason to believe that the Queen sometimes receives and visits her grandchildren informally. Certainly, the royals attend church privately at chapels inside the palaces. So the royals do see each other on many occasions that are unannounced and unseen by the public. I even suspect that Meghan may have met with the Queen privately at Windsor Castle, well before the publicly revealed tea at Buckingham Palace in advance of the eventual engagement announcement.

That said, there's no doubt there will be official acknowledgement by the Queen of Baby Sussex's birth both publicly and privately. What likely won't be released to the public in every instance are the private occasions when the Queen may see her latest great-grandchild. Perhaps at some point, another official photo will be released of the Queen surrounded by her youngest grandchildren and her great-grandchildren.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/95/1a/2b/951a2bd2cf98f71315787e1e74634dce.jpg (Peter Phillips was obviously unable to be present on this occasion)

https://nationalpostcom.files.wordp...birthday.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=940&h=705

The above past photo is now missing the newest babies, Louis, Lena, and soon-to-be Sussex newborn. And maybe Eugenie will be the next royal to announce a pregnancy. ?

Last edited:
The Queen met George at Nott Cott before she went off to Scotland on her regularly scheduled late summer visit. There is no reason to think she won't pop over to Frogmore Cottage from Windsor Castle to meet Baby Sussex.

The Queen met George at Nott Cott before she went off to Scotland on her regularly scheduled late summer visit. There is no reason to think she won't pop over to Frogmore Cottage from Windsor Castle to meet Baby Sussex.

Exactly, but that was several days after the birth, wasn’t it ? Harry can’t obviously wait for the Queen to pop up / join the “ family celebration “ before announcing the birth publicly.

Quite frankly, I don’t even know how long it will take for Charles or William to visit the Sussexes. I don’t think it will be right away.

Exactly, but that was several days after the birth, wasn’t it ? Harry can’t obviously wait for the Queen to pop up / join the “ family celebration “ before announcing the birth publicly.

Quite frankly, I don’t even know how long it will take for Charles or William to visit the Sussexes. I don’t think it will be right away.
I agree. I don't think the Queen is the type who coos over babies. When the photographs of George's christening were released I was disappointed not to see one of the Queen holding him, similar to the picture of the Queen Mother holding William at his, or Queen Victoria holding her great-grandson the future Edward VIII.

I believe the Queen's visit, as a great-grandmother, to meet George was two days after his birth. But we were told William called her after the birth and let her know both as his grandmother and the Queen.

The only delay would be if the baby is born during the middle of the night. Then the Queen is informed first thing in the morning. After that any official announcement can be made.

These are two entirely different things, a visit has nothing to do with any public announcement.

Last edited:
:previous: Exactly. I don't get the sturm und drang over this topic of the Queen seeing her great-grandchildren, and how she interacts with babies. :lol:

I believe that before the name is decided on, the Queen is consulted beforehand. And since the christening is more than likely going to take place at St. George's Chapel, where Prince Harry was christened, the Queen will likely attend. If he's well enough, Prince Philip might make an appearance too, but that possibility may be more in doubt since sadly we don't see Philip in public as often anymore.

I read a little earlier that Prince William was asked about the status of the upcoming birth of baby Sussex during his New Zealand walkabout. It's reported that William diplomatically responded, "I don't have my cell phone with me, so I don't know. You will probably find out before I do." ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom