Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree...he will be like William..hands on. He's always been very tactile when in contact with kids over the years.

LaRae

As a soldier, he surely learned first response in the field - changing nappy is not as bad as bandaging war wounds, so I guess he will be fine.

For a guy that, for some unknown reason, carried a hot pink wiggle worm in his uniform pocket to his brother's wedding which was presented to a little Grace Van Cutsem, I definitely see Harry not only changing a diaper but also playing "tickle monster" and other fun things with his child. He's going to be *very* hands on with the kid while doing it.

Years of watching Harry with kids leave me believing that the word to describe Harry with his own child is "doting". That's one reason why I kind of knew the first priority after the wedding would be starting a family. :D

We're officially in Spring starting today!!! I'm going to follow the news everyday to see if there is any annoucement!!! The countdown starts!!! Exciting!!!

We're officially in Spring starting today!!! I'm going to follow the news everyday to see if there is any annoucement!!! The countdown starts!!! Exciting!!!

Our own ACO has posted that once Charles and Camilla return from their tour, there will be a media release packet issued about the impending birth. The tour ends on the 29th.

There goes my guesstimate on the 24th. Going to change that to April 2nd. 4/2. Everyone that has read "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" knows that the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42. ?

Oh good heavens, who could forget the hot pink wiggle worm, but the recipient was the littlest flower girl, his niece Eliza Lopez. He knew her enough to know what would tickle her . . .it even made an appearance in the wedding photos.

But that small act of kindness took time for him to think about the upcoming big event and what would divert that particular child. With a loving Uncle like that you know he's going to be an even more loving father.

:previous: You're absolutely right. It was Eliza Lopes (Camilla's granddaughter) that hung onto that hot pink wiggle worm for dear life. :D

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to think that the first time we see Harry after the birth of his own child, it will be a picture worth framing.

Eliza ! Oh yes such a picture of cuteness ! Unforgettable !

I suspect we’ll be finally getting some official information about the preparations for welcoming baby Sussex once Charles and Camilla arrive back home. Exciting times ahead, God’s willing!

I suspect we’ll be finally getting some official information about the preparations for welcoming baby Sussex once Charles and Camilla arrive back home. Exciting times ahead, God’s willing!

Probably by next Monday.

I don't know much about pregnancy, so I need some help. What are the weeks that women usually give birth? Between 38 ~ 40 week? How far long is Meghan (speculation that is)? Between her 32 ~34 week?

The “due date” is set at the 40 week mark, but anywhere in the 38-42 range is normal for a non-induced, full-term birth.

I don't know much about pregnancy, so I need some help. What are the weeks that women usually give birth? Between 38 ~ 40 week? How far long is Meghan (speculation that is)? Between her 32 ~34 week?

I think Meghan is 34/35 weeks. So I suspect Baby Sussex will make his/her appearance beginning of May.

Full-term is considered at 38.5 weeks. Women are given a due date, calculated on 40 weeks (i.e. 9months) from their last menstrual cycle before pregnancy. At best, it's an estimation.

It's more common that women will gve birth sometime between 40 and 41 weeks. Most OBGYN will not induce at 40 weeks for first pregnancies because they wish for nature to take its course. But they will not let pregnancies go further than 42 weeks due to degradation of the placenta - most will induce after 41 weeks,

Prince George was overdue - Prince William confirmed that.

For what it's worth - I have birth (induced and then c-section) to my firstborn at 41w+3days and I had a planned c-section for my second at 40w + 3days. Most of my friends gave birth sometime between 40 and 41 weeks.

All we know is she is due in April. She said in mid February she was 6 months. Clooney led people to believe she was due mid April but who knows.

She is at the very least 35 weeks pregnant. A week tomorrow is April 1st. Even if she is due at the end of April, that is only 5 weeks away. So she is some where between 35-39 weeks pregnant. Likely closer to 35 weeks.

But babies, especially first babies, come on their own schedule.

Meghan indicated that she was due late April/early May. So I would agree that she is somewhere around 35 weeks.

At the moment of Eugenie's wedding, she was past her 12-week scan; since that day 23 weeks have passed, so Meghan is at least in her 36th week now (35 weeks and 3 days).

Meghan indicated that she was due late April/early May. So I would agree that she is somewhere around 35 weeks.

She simply indicated at an event in mid January (14th) that she was six months pregnant. That actually gives credence to the idea she is due earlier in the month.

I would expect that you are correct. Both Harry and Meghan had been playing "pregnant"? "Whose pregnant"? for at least the month previous to the Official Announcement. The reasons for Harry and Meghan not doing the world's greatest 'Happy Dance' was a no-brainer. There is absolutely no way they were going to upstage Eugenie's wedding.

Having been fortunate enough to not suffer from HG which forced the early announcement of the Cambridge trio, Meghan seems to be stuck with early popping which made trying to disguise her pregnancy more than a bit of s mission

Now we wait and see.

Last edited:
To me she looks like she's 37/38 weeks pregnant... But I'm not an expert and towards the end it's quite hard to tell how far along someone is. I bet she can't wait untill the baby gets here though.

I am guessing mid April will be the debut of Baby Sussex but well all know babies have their own schedule. Either way, soooooon. And the countdown has officially begun.

I am guessing mid April will be the debut of Baby Sussex but well all know babies have their own schedule. Either way, soooooon. And the countdown has officially begun.

I would love Baby Sussex to share Her Majesty birthday on April 21st

Thank you all for answering my question. So, that means we can rule out March for a possible birth. It seems it will be between mid-April~early May. I have a close friend's wedding on April 27th, I will cross my fingers that the baby Sussex will born earlier than that...because otherwise...I will be checking my phone all day at the wedding to see if there is some news xD

Thank you all for answering my question. So, that means we can rule out March for a possible birth. It seems it will be between mid-April~early May. I have a close friend's wedding on April 27th, I will cross my fingers that the baby Sussex will born earlier than that...because otherwise...I will be checking my phone all day at the wedding to see if there is some news xD

It's still possible even if it's not the due date. There are still a few days left for baby Sussex to make it's debut. And I'm still hoping it's a girl named Lois or Margot... keeping my fingers crossed. ?

It's still possible even if it's not the due date. There are still a few days left for baby Sussex to make it's debut. And I'm still hoping it's a girl named Lois or Margot... keeping my fingers crossed. ?
Yes, this is starting to get truly exciting as we go near the due date! Can't wait to see the baby!:flowers:

I would love Baby Sussex to share Her Majesty birthday on April 21st

That would be wonderful!!! It would be amazing too in that Meghan shares the Queen Mother's birthday.

What if Meghan goes to labor while Harry is at an engagement himself? Will he go after completing it? Or will he go away immediately? Does we know if something like this happened to a royal before?

I imagine once it gets closer to the baby's due date, or if Meghan's doctors indicate the baby might be early, that Harry will not attend any engagements that are very far away or that he is expected to be at for hours.

What if Meghan goes to labor while Harry is at an engagement himself? Will he go after completing it? Or will he go away immediately? Does we know if something like this happened to a royal before?

I would imagine he would just leave the engagement. No different than when engagements are cancelled at the last minute for whatever reason. Most would understand why he left. ?

It happened to the Counts of Wessex at the (premature) birth of Lady Louise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom