Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also read in a recent People article that Meghan plans to make her own baby food to ensure the healthy freshness of the ingredients. So from all reports, Meghan likes to do her own thing in all things, but surely they have cleaning help, so she's freed up from that mundane but necessary task!

IMO, that is pure speculation. How is People expected to know what Meghan plans?

I think predicting that Meghan plans to make baby food is a) pure guesswork and b) one of the safest speculative predictions that they could make. Most parents mash bananas and puree carrots at one point or another, even if that's all they do, and most parents do a lot more than that.

I remember last fall some tabloid was saying Meghan was going to give birth under water (presumably because that's what everyone in California does). Then there was that story about her hiring a doula.

I'm expecting to be told next that Meghan's having herself helicoptered to the remote Zen monastery at Tassajara to give birth (under water) at their mineral springs while the monks chant, and to get pointers from the head chef of their renowned kitchen (a celibate monk) on making baby food made from organic, locally-sourced, vegetarian ingredients. ::eyeroll::

I remember last fall some tabloid was saying Meghan was going to give birth under water (presumably because that's what everyone in California does). Then there was that story about her hiring a doula.

I'm expecting to be told next that Meghan's having herself helicoptered to the remote Zen monastery at Tassajara to give birth (under water) at their mineral springs while the monks chant, and to get pointers from the head chef of their renowned kitchen (a celibate monk) on making baby food made from organic, locally-sourced, vegetarian ingredients. ::eyeroll::

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
You could easily get a job as a journalist for the Daily Mail! That was brilliant!

I love it!! You left out the part though where they name the child "Grasshopper" ?

While I’m sure these stories were completely made up, I’d like to point out that water births, doulas and midwives are completely normal in the UK and many European countries.

Water births, doulas and midwives are fairly mainstream in the US, too, so I'm not sure why the tabloid thought that this would be shocking to anyone who has been in a maternity ward in the last 20 years. Like most of the speculation, it's poorly thought out speculation.

Water births, doulas and midwives are fairly mainstream in the US, too, so I'm not sure why the tabloid thought that this would be shocking to anyone who has been in a maternity ward in the last 20 years. Like most of the speculation, it's poorly thought out speculation.

I would think because the royal family is always being portrayed as super conservative and traditional. And there is nothing traditional about a water birth with a doula and no doctor. Any way of painting Meghan as a royal rebel, breaking away with 'royal tradition' they will bring out.

Waiting for the 'the queen and all royal women have used the same brand of baby food and Meghan refuses to follow their lead'.

Meghan is interested in healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle. I realize that a lot of this unconfirmed stuff is speculative. However, we do know that Meghan's friends clearly were given the nod to share info about Meghan with People.

The Duchess' friends already told People that Meghan cooks for herself and husband. The friends may also have told People other details such as Meghan's desire to make her own baby food. The People editors could also be guessing or extrapolating. It's not a big deal. We do know that Meghan loves to cook, and she enjoys working hard and staying busy.

As far as giving birth, if Meghan and the baby are judged to be in optimal health when she goes into labor and there are no complications, Meghan most likely will try to give birth naturally and avoid using drugs. I was reading about the fact that taking classes prepares mothers (and fathers) for the birth experience, in terms of how to breath and how to stay relaxed to minimize pain as much as possible. Meghan has a jump start because she already eats well and she is super knowledgeable about her body, having practiced yoga and meditation for years.

Anyway Oona, you forgot about Acupuncture, Hypnotherapy, Massage Therapy, and Electrical Stimulation (TENS). :D

Last edited:
Bringing this conversation over from the Meghan Fashion Thread:

I'll just about bet my last dollar they will try for at least one more barring health issues...

:previous: I don't think you'd get many takers on that bet somehow...

Indeed, there's no doubt that they will try for at least one more child, perhaps two more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can y’all believe Harry will be a pappy next month? I now he’s a barrel of nerves and excited all at the same time.

Can y’all believe Harry will be a pappy next month? I now he’s a barrel of nerves and excited all at the same time.

He's probably also watching Meghan like a hawk, sleeps in his clothes ready to jump into action and keeps saying over and over "is it time yet?" Expectant fathers tend to be more of a worry wart than the expectant mother is. :D

It is kind of wild thinking about the fact their will be a mini Sussex soon. For so long we only hope Harry would one day get to experience this and that time is almost here. I know I’ll be a bit emotional seeing that first picture of them as a family.

I think he must be getting all kinds of advice from his brother, Peter and Mike on what to do in the delivery room. Harry’s sweet little Meghan will want to snatch his head off in that room.

Good heavens how do other fathers manage? Other fathers have to look after a couple of kids, get back to work soon as possible, pay the bills....

Good heavens how do other fathers manage? Other fathers have to look after a couple of kids, get back to work soon as possible, pay the bills....

If their wife is lucky, such Dads forgt all about their day-to-day life once they are in the delivery room and take care of their wife. If they cannot do that and worry about the bills they'll have to pay for the soon to be born child, then they better stay home and a friend or relative is going with the pregnant wife.

If their wife is lucky, such Dads forgt all about their day-to-day life once they are in the delivery room and take care of their wife. If they cannot do that and worry about the bills they'll have to pay for the soon to be born child, then they better stay home and a friend or relative is going with the pregnant wife.
THey still have to worry over it all, they wont all have no financial worries, a nanny, staff, etc like Harry.

THey still have to worry over it all, they wont all have no financial worries, a nanny, staff, etc like Harry.

Then again, there were those dark ages where the father just paced in a waiting room, smoked too many cigarettes and after the child finally arrived, headed out to the bar to celebrate and pass out cigars because *he* just had a baby. :whistling:

And in so-called "Dark Ages" many births ended tragically...

I'm referring back to the 60s and 70s and having births in a hospital. Fathers were usually kept out of the loop at that time. For my first, I had a zoo in the labor room (mom, dad, hubby) but hubby wasn't to go in the delivery room and my OB/GYN, at the time, refused to do natural childbirth.

I was joking referring to the "dark ages". Just shows how the birth of a child has become so much more of an experience all around. I can't help but believe that Harry is going to be right there up front and personal for every step of his child's birth.

I can't wait to see his face right after. :D

Russell Meyers said on his podcast that they expect to get their media packet on Baby Sussex when Charles and Camilla return from tour.

How much time will Prince Harry be able take off from his royal duties?

Tomorrow is the first day of Spring. Let the countdown begin.

WOW!

They’ve been married 10 months today; that went fast.

They will celebrate their first anniversary as parents. Aww.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom