Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the due date is really late April/early May based on Meghan's comments on an engagement not too long ago. Even if she's "petite" and has a small torso, she's looking way too big for an early May birth. She looks more like an late March/early April. I guess we shall wait and see...

Petite isn't just about being slim. She's no less than 5'6", and that's not petite by any definition. Just because her husband is tall, doesn't make her petite.

I clarified above...I'm talking about her bone structure.

LaRae

I am sure it is April/May as revealed. She has no reason to lie. She just all belly though her face definitely rounding out now. Will be interesting seeing how she is in Morocco because she still growing pretty fast. We just saw her and the bump has grown.

Meghan isn't petite by any means. She's at the minimum average height for women.

She does have a shorter torso compared to women of similar height. Wonder how her balance will be at the end of the pregnancy.

She is petite in bone (tiny) based on the people I know who have seen her in person at these events :)

Exactly Pranter. Meghan definitely has a 'petite' or small, dainty bone structure, which she takes after her mother. Meghan is taller than her mother, but she still has her mother's small bone structure. And boy, that baby is so big now and still growing. I guess if Meghan wore big, loose clothes, it would make her look even more huge.

Mention of height is different than mention of bone structure, jacqui. Meghan is listed as being 5' 7" tall, but I think she's more between 5'6" and 5'7", which is my height range as well (and it is the average height for females). I too have a small bone structure, but I also have long arms and legs, as well as a long torso, a long neck and a small oval face. My long arms and legs, combined with a long torso makes some people think I'm taller than I actually am.

The fact that Meghan wears heels most of the time in public, makes her actual height deceptive. She is definitely short-waisted but she has long arms and legs and a long neck, which gives her a graceful look. Although Harry & Meghan do not look exactly alike, there is a certain symmetry and synchronicity in their facial features; i.e., in the way their eyes, noses, and mouths are positioned in their faces -- they both have deep-set eyes. Plus, they both have skinny legs. So it will be curious to see how the baby turns out. If a male, it will probably be tall, since Harry is so tall, and Meghan's father is tall. If a female, she might also end up being taller than her mother. ;)

The fact that Meghan does yoga and exercise and she's so fit is one of the reasons why she's carrying so high, plus the fact that she's short-waisted.

Right what I have seen expressed is surprise at how tiny she is when she's seen in person. The few photos I've seen of her next to Harry without having her heels on, you get a better idea of the height.

Right. There are few and far between pictures of Meghan wearing flats standing next to Harry. Probably the only public appearance we have where that's the case, is their first official public appearance together at the Invictus Games in September 2017. Check out those videos again and you can actually see how much smaller Meghan is next to Harry when she's not wearing heels. In part, I think she wears heels in public so often in order to bring her height up closer to just past Harry's shoulders. ?

To be honest, I don't see how Meghan continues to wear heels so often while she's pregnant. She must have great balance and body awareness stemming from her near lifetime of practising yoga.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly Pranter. Meghan definitely has a 'petite' or small, dainty bone structure, which she takes after her mother. Meghan is taller than her mother, but she still has her mother's small bone structure. And boy, that baby is so big now and still growing. I guess if Meghan wore big, loose clothes, it would make her look even more huge.

Mention of height is different than mention of bone structure, jacqui. Meghan is listed as being 5' 7" tall, but I think she's more between 5'6" and 5'7", which is my height range as well (and it is the average height for females). I too have a small bone structure, but I also have long arms and legs, as well as a long torso, a long neck and a small oval face. My long arms and legs, combined with a long torso makes some people think I'm taller than I actually am.

The fact that Meghan wears heels most of the time in public, makes her actual height deceptive. She is definitely short-waisted but she has long arms and legs and a long neck, which gives her a graceful look. Although Harry & Meghan do not look exactly alike, there is a certain symmetry and synchronicity in their facial features; i.e., in the way their eyes, noses, and mouths are positioned in their faces -- they both have deep-set eyes. Plus, they both have skinny legs. So it will be curious to see how the baby turns out. If a male, it will probably be tall, since Harry is so tall, and Meghan's father is tall. If a female, she might also end up being taller than her mother. ;)

The fact that Meghan does yoga and exercise and she's so fit is one of the reasons why she's carrying so high, plus the fact that she's short-waisted.

She cannot be 5´7", not even 5´6". Just look pictures she is with Catherine (5´8") and Meghan is always at least 4" shorter when both ladies have shoes with about as high heels.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I don't see how Meghan continues to wear heels so often while she's pregnant. She must have great balance and body awareness stemming from her near lifetime of practising yoga.

I wore heels while pregnant but I hadn't done any yoga. I was used to wearing them & didn't gain much excess weight so that helped.

:previous: I suppose good posture helps, as well as knowing how to wear heels. I also suspect that Meghan keeps flats handy to pull off those heels when she's inside the vehicle traveling to and fro.

Indeed @ Blondini, Meghan's height is likely smaller than listed publicly; perhaps her height is between 5'5" and 5'6".

Vogue's take on the Sussex baby -- mostly fluff:
https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/meghan-markle-duchess-of-sussex-pregnant

Last edited:
She cannot be 5´7", not even 5´6". Just look pictures she is with Catherine (5´8") and Meghan is always at least 4" shorter when both ladies have shoes with about as high heels.

I thought Kate was taller than that, but I do think Meghan is about 5’6”.

Let’s move on from the discussion about Meghan’s height and bone structure.

This report is definitely jumping the gun, since the baby hasn't even been born yet. But I suppose the fascination with the Sussexes continues unabated, and royal reporters are always scrambling around for the next tidbit, or else elaborating on gossip and rumor. Though this sounds plausible, I think it's better to wait until the baby starts teething first before speculating about where he/she will attend school:

https://www.eonline.com/news/101588...ry-may-send-their-child-to-an-american-school

I hear Harry and Meghan are already looking at schools for the little one and that they are considering putting he or her in an American school. Meghan wants the children to be fully aware of their American heritage.

They'd only get criticized for putting their child in a school so far away.
But perhaps they'd consider it for university.

I really can't imagine Harry and Meghan sending their child(ren) over three thousand or more miles away to school until at least the oldest high school years, maybe for a year or semester like an exchange student. Certainly it is a possibility for college. I don't think the BRF has done that but many European Royals have attended college in the U.S.

I really can't imagine Harry and Meghan sending their child(ren) over three thousand or more miles away to school until at least the oldest high school years, maybe for a year or semester like an exchange student. Certainly it is a possibility for college. I don't think the BRF has done that but many European Royals have attended college in the U.S.

The American school is actually located in Windsor - a very few miles from Frogmore.

The American school is actually located in Windsor - a very few miles from Frogmore.

The American International School in England, surely a possibility. But there was speculation in the other thread that they would send the child(ren) off to America for school to learn about the U.S.

That is the school I am talking about. Thank you. ?

The child will live and grow up in Britain so going to an American school out of respect for his or her mother's nationality and heritage is more than fair.

That is the school I am talking about. Thank you. ?

The child will live and grow up in Britain so going to an American school out of respect for his or her mother's nationality and heritage is more than fair.

Going to an 'American' school will not teach a kid more about their mother's nationality. American being a nationality not a culture.

American school simply means the style of education. And how things like testing are set up. It has nothing to do with learning the history, and different cultures of the US.

The reason that majority of students at American schools in UK are foreign are because they are expats. It makes it easier to transition when they move to a new country. This isn't something that Baby Sussex will need.

Baby Sussex will learn about their mother's heritage from her. And from likely visiting the US over the years.

The American International School in England, surely a possibility. But there was speculation in the other thread that they would send the child(ren) off to America for school to learn about the U.S.

By posters who had not read the article, or understood the post meant an American style school.

There are a number of American schools in the UK. Six in London and surrounding areas.

The school in question is ACS Egham. Which is actually an IB school but does offer the option of an American school diploma. Or at least the one being talked about in articles.

https://www.acs-schools.com/acs-egham

The school is not in Windsor but nearby Egham. Its about 12 minutes from Frogmore.

If, and I do mean IF they considered an American school, there is also TASIS. TASIS is only slightly further away, in Thorpe which is about 15 minutes.

Last edited:
When I stop to think about it, no matter where the Sussex child attends school, he/she is going to have the best education possible of the global world around him just by watching and paying attention to his family. :D

Harry and Meghan's baby will have the best of educations. Learning the Queen's English will be very important and extra languages and lots of sports I imagine, along with observing and fully understanding important English cultural days like Trooping the Colour, Queen's Birthday and Remembrance day. Meghan will naturally impart many American influences without even trying.
I think they'll consider the school once they know their child; they won't have any trouble in getting into any school of their choice.

It sounds to me like someone discovered there's an American school near Windsor & decided they could make money from a "could be" "might be" story. We could all write those stories couldn't we.
"Meghan & Harry might choose a Norland nanny"
"Meghan & Harry are said to be considering a biracial nanny"
"A friend of Meghan's says she's considering sending her child to a Waldorf Steiner pre-school"
Blah, blah, blah.... We've got years of this 'journalism' to come. :lol:

Harry and Meghan's baby will have the best of educations. Learning the Queen's English will be very important and extra languages and lots of sports I imagine, along with observing and fully understanding important English cultural days like Trooping the Colour, Queen's Birthday and Remembrance day. Meghan will naturally impart many American influences without even trying.
I think they'll consider the school once they know their child; they won't have any trouble in getting into any school of their choice.

Extra languages hasn't been a priority, it seems, so far. Would be great if the new generation does learn their languages.

Everyone is surely wondering not only about the Sussex baby's gender but also who it will take after the most.

I thought it would be interesting to see the offspring of Countess of Weymouth, Emma McQuiston's children with her husband. The oldest son had very curly black hair at age 3, which when he was a bit older last year appeared to be wavy, which may have happened when it was cut shorter. Or, perhaps the younger photo is when he'd just had it washed, and it dries straighter.

The youngest boy had straight blondish hair as an infant, but in the slightly older toddler picture from last year, his hair is curly blond:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/08/01/3BEF919F00000578-4098436-image-a-16_1483838812498.jpg

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos...c_limit/viscountess-weymouth-05-2018-ss02.jpg

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/04/viscountess-weymouth-emma-thynn

The Sussex baby may well have red or coppery coloured hair with perhaps an olive complexion and blue eyes. Tom M Snr had gingery hair, as does Tom Jnr, and I think they both have blue eyes, so it's there on both sides of the family.

:previous: Yes, you're right. Tom Jr. had noticeably reddish/ginger hair when he was younger. It will be interesting, because hair color and skin color obviously can change too as a child grows from a baby to a toddler to an older child to a teenager, etc.

I missed this video last September, but it's interesting because of Meghan's cheeky references to the Hubb project being '9 months a labor of love,' and some of the reporting references to 'baby on the brain,' and the fact that M&H were 'eager to start a family.' Also, the aqua blue Jason Wu dress with ruffles down the center was definitely meant to hide Meghan's beginning baby bump. And also the skirt she wore during Hubb project follow-up was styled to camouflage her bump. And there's a cute bit I've never seen before, where Harry assists in trying to capture Meghan's windblown hair: ?

Last edited:
Everyone is surely wondering not only about the Sussex baby's gender but also who it will take after the most.

I thought it would be interesting to see the offspring of Countess of Weymouth, Emma McQuiston's children with her husband. The oldest son had very curly black hair at age 3, which when he was a bit older last year appeared to be wavy, which may have happened when it was cut shorter. Or, perhaps the younger photo is when he'd just had it washed, and it dries straighter.

The youngest boy had straight blondish hair as an infant, but in the slightly older toddler picture from last year, his hair is curly blond:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/08/01/3BEF919F00000578-4098436-image-a-16_1483838812498.jpg

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos...c_limit/viscountess-weymouth-05-2018-ss02.jpg

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/04/viscountess-weymouth-emma-thynn

We really don't know. It's a crap chute. I have lots of friends and relatives who are the same racial makeup of Harry and Meghan, and they all have different variations in skin tones from milky to golden bronze and honey. Hair is also a toss up. Meghan is naturally a curly haired girl. With my friends and family, we have both straight, wavy and curly. You just never know. Right now it's a waiting game, and we have 2 more months to go.

:previous: Yes true. And it's interesting to keep in mind that Meghan and Harry are actually related way back, in different ways. They are related on Meghan's paternal line with Meghan having inter-connections to the Spencer side and to the Bowes-Lyon side as well.

Spiritual reading below also indicates M&H have a divine past life connection. In addition, the reading indicates the baby may have blue eyes and that it's a very active baby, as we've witnessed. That's likely one reason why Meghan always cradles her bump protectively. The baby is doing well and the relationship between M&H is growing. Harry is learning how to be less dependent emotionally. They don't sweat the small stuff. They know their intention and purpose and they are focused on their life goals. There is lots of gratitude and thankfulness being generated for the baby and it's well-being and future. It all makes sense:

:previous:

Just *who* does these readings and where do they get their info to say what the future will be? We really do not know the future and if these people do then please tell us all what the world will be like in 10 years? Sorry not trying to be unfair here, this sounds so far fetched to me......are these people reliable?

My belief is that God, my high power (and I do not push religion down anyone's throat here or any where for to me my faith is my own personal belief, not the rest of the human race), that when I was being created in my mother's womb I had no choice of anything in my life, not even if I was male or female or healthy or not, nothing so how can someone say for sure that the baby will have blue eyes, I am the second person in my family with brown eyes, the rest are all blue......so weird and looking like I do, I am the outcast for i do not look like 99.99% of my family.....again weird!

Oh, it's a spiritual card reading. So these are people who are intuitive and trained in card readings and understanding energies and vibrations. But it's for entertainment purposes only. You do not have to believe it if you don't. Every reader have varying takes. This is a positive one. By faith and belief and being open to it, maybe it's possible to take something from ithe reading. It's not for everyone, nor is it required to be.

Disregard if it doesn't suit. Keep in mind that it's for entertainment, and not written in stone. Nothing in life ever is. Spiritual energies can fluctuate. I think it's definitely true that the Sussex baby is active, and there's certainly a great opportunity for it to have blue eyes. :flowers:

Anyway, I think we all can sense that Meghan & Harry are doing well in their relationship and that Harry is growing/has grown by leaps and bounds emotionally, and that Meghan has always been a very positive person, and that they are both grateful and thankful for their many blessings and for their union, and for their growing baby. I certainly wish them all well.

Last edited:
Oh, it's a spiritual card reading. So these are people who are intuitive and trained in card readings and understanding energies and vibrations. But it's for entertainment purposes only. You do not have to believe it if you don't. Every reader have varying takes. This is a positive one. By faith and belief and being open to it, maybe it's possible to take something from ithe reading. It's not for everyone, nor is it required to be.

Disregard if it doesn't suit. Keep in mind that it's for entertainment, and not written in stone. Nothing in life ever is. Spiritual energies can fluctuate. I think it's definitely true that the Sussex baby is active, and there's certainly a great opportunity for it to have blue eyes. :flowers:

Anyway, I think we all can sense that Meghan & Harry are doing well in their relationship and that Harry is growing/has grown by leaps and bounds emotionally, and that Meghan has always been a very positive person, and that they are both grateful and thankful for their many blessings and for their union, and for their growing baby. I certainly wish them all well.
So does that mean you also believe the less favorable card and spiritual readings on YouTube in regards to Harry and Meghan, together and separately?

I mean a reading is a reading, right?

The school system in England is very different from the US school system. Unless the American School offers an IB program, Harry and Meghan's children would be at a disadvantage to get into a university in the UK if they had a US High School diploma only.

I don't see many incentives either to choose an American school over a British one in lower grades, let's say grades 1-9, considering that elementary school is much stronger in England than in the US.

Extra languages hasn't been a priority, it seems, so far. Would be great if the new generation does learn their languages.

Prince Charles actually speaks French and is said to speak German (although I have never personally heard him speaking German). It appears to me that it is mostly William's and, even more so, Harry's education that lacked in terms of learning foreign languages.

In a previous post (some time ago), I discussed at some length the problem of foreign language learning in English-speaking countries and why that is actually a complex sociolinguistic issue. Depending on how Brexit goes, the UK may distance itself even further from the continent and seek even closer ties to the Anglosphere (the US, Australia/NZ, Canada, or even the "extended" Anglosphere like India or South Africa), which would have a negative impact on an already low incentive for Brits to learn other European languages.

Last edited:
Well Meghan is fluent in Spanish, so I won't be surprised if she makes it a priority that their children know a second language. I know she spoke of wanting to better her french as well. I wonder if she was able to focus on it any.

Although it is nice to know a foreign language, it is becoming less and less practical.
Everywhere you go in Europe (at least everywhere I go, and I go frequently) and try to speak French or German, I am cut off by people who only want to practice their English. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom