Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this information is true, as it has not been confirmed, but I read in a recent issue of US weekly that Meghan and Harry are actually playing it by ear regarding what hospital they might use for the baby's birth. That's reportedly because they can't be certain of the exact date they will be moving into Frogmore House, so they want to have more than one hospital option available. It's also reported but unconfirmed that security has completed trial runs to the hospitals the Sussexes are considering in order to be on top of contingency plans.

The article also mentions that the Sussexes will either take the baby back to Nott Cott if they haven't moved into Frogmore by the baby's birth, or directly to their rented home in the Cotswolds. I'm sure this is all up in the air by this point, since H&M are planning to give up the rental after pictures of the property were outed in the press.

US magazine makes up a lot of articles they print. I think the baby will be born where the medical team that has been caring for Meghan during her pregnancy are available to deliver the baby.

Where else would the Sussex family go but the rental or Nott Cott if the new house isn’t ready?

Last edited:
I don't understand why there is always this speculation. Why not just sit and wait till things are made public? Do people really buy papers or click because of such nonsense articles?

I don't understand why there is always this speculation. Why not just sit and wait till things are made public? Do people really buy papers or click because of such nonsense articles?

People seem to have a great interest in everything about Meghan, what clothes she wears, her high heels, her hairdo etc. So where she will have the baby is quite reasonable.

This happens with every royal pregnancy, before Meghan and it will continue after her. Thats probs why W&K let it be known where their children would be delivered. Until its known where the birth will be this will continue

THe press will want to know so they can do "babywatch" and fans will possibly gather around the hospital.. Meg and Harry might as well let it be known. Some of their fans will want to hang around near the hospital and be there when they leave with the baby.

It will not be a 'wait and see'. Love what the magazines come up with. There is a lot of staff and other logistics to work out for a royal birth. This cant simply be done on the fly. Unless an emergency comes up which happens, they will have a birth plan well in place. It will be even more indepth then most pregnant couples who set up those details long before the delivery date.

Of course the press is anxious to find out. They will be lining up for days or weeks outside said hospital. For a first baby will likely be longer.

It doesn't sound like good use of tax payers' money to keep your options open because you can so full security screening and prparation need to be done at different hospitals. I would assume that one hospital was picked and in case of an emergency they will make alternqtive options wotk (for which they might hsve done some light pre-screening).

It will not be a 'wait and see'. Love what the magazines come up with. There is a lot of staff and other logistics to work out for a royal birth. This cant simply be done on the fly. Unless an emergency comes up which happens, they will have a birth plan well in place. It will be even more indepth then most pregnant couples who set up those details long before the delivery date.

Of course the press is anxious to find out. They will be lining up for days or weeks outside said hospital. For a first baby will likely be longer.

I think I read before that with Louis, they set up a rule where the press can’t until the day of. To avoid disruption to others.

I think the reason there may not have been any announcement as to which hospital may have to do with the uncertainty as to where Harry and Meghan will be living at the time. It may be a month or so until those plans are set.

I think the reason there may not have been any announcement as to which hospital may have to do with the uncertainty as to where Harry and Meghan will be living at the time. It may be a month or so until those plans are set.

If they were a normal married couple who just needed to arrange their drive plan to the hospital, waiting till a month before the birth might be okay. But for a royal birth there is whole wing to close down, staff and doctors to set up, security and a lot else. There is no way they are playing a 'wait and see where we live' plan.

They will know by now if Frogmore will be ready enough for them to live in by April. If not, they will stay at Notts and head home with the baby after.

:previous: It will be interesting to see where they end up. I don't recall if the last announcement about them moving into Frogmore Cottage in March specified early or late March.

I'd guess that the hospital(s) have been chosen, and plans made, but that they just haven't been announced until the Sussexes are moved--or not.

The couple and KP will announce the details.

:previous: It will be interesting to see where they end up. I don't recall if the last announcement about them moving into Frogmore Cottage in March specified early or late March.

I'd guess that the hospital(s) have been chosen, and plans made, but that they just haven't been announced until the Sussexes are moved--or not.

I don’t believe they specified the month. ITV has a report not so long ago that it’ll be March. But nothing official.

:previous: Did the ITV report indicate where they got the March time frame from? If that's not from a reliable source, then I'm back to my skepticism about everything being ready by March.

Let's not forget that Harry has a father and a stepmother who still have his and his brother's rooms in their house and enough space to house a temporary nanny or nurse if need be. If Charles and Camilla redecorated the former flat of the princes, nobody would know except their staff, but everything could be ready for the Sussexes there. Didn't William and Catherine live for a time with the Middletons after George's birth? Harry and Meghan could do the same with his parents.

Let's not forget that Harry has a father and a stepmother who still have his and his brother's rooms in their house and enough space to house a temporary nanny or nurse if need be. If Charles and Camilla redecorated the former flat of the princes, nobody would know except their staff, but everything could be ready for the Sussexes there. Didn't William and Catherine live for a time with the Middletons after George's birth? Harry and Meghan could do the same with his parents.

What house is this? Clarence house?

:previous: Yes, Clarence House. The discussion was about a place to live in London if the baby was born there. High Grove wouldn't fit that purpose.

I don't see Harry and Meghan moving in with Charles and Camilla even if they have room. Kate and William didn't live with her parents. Kate often spent time with them when William was still flying, but they had their own home. And then moved into their apartment when back in London. Living with your in laws is another matter.

Besides no matter the wealth of the royals, I don't see Charles converting rooms for a few weeks. Notts cottage can be a temporary base if needed.

Even if Frogmore is technically 'ready' by Meghan's due date, I could still see them opting for Lindo and then staying at Nott Cott for the weeks following the birth.

After George, Charlotte & Louis, Lindo is a known factor and everything should be set up without much difficulty or uncertainty. While other wards have hosted royal births before - the scale is not comparable to the current situation surrounding the Sussexes. Lindo seems by far the soundest and safest choice.

Nott Cott is still their primary residence as of now and it does have (at least) 1 other bedroom that could serve as a temporary nursery.

I am extremely doubtful that Meghan and Harry would be the type to employ an overnight nurse or even a live in nanny immediately after birth. Nor do I subscribe to the tabloid narrative that Doria is going to give up her life in LA and full fill her ultimate role in life - playing nanny to her royal grandchild. (I am sure Gran is going to be visiting a lot and will lend Meghan and Harry any and all support (within reason) but they don't strike me as codependent in any shape or form. There is nothing that would indicate that Doria is living anything but a full life in California.)

So really, 2 bedrooms immediately after birth should suffice - and I reckon the familiar, lived-in surroundings of Nott Cott would be comforting during the transitional phase. It would also allow Harry and even Meghan to go to a quick event or a meeting for an odd hour without feeling too anxious. (I am looking at Haz in particular here. ;))

I predict the Sussexes will make their complete transition to Frogmore by the end of summer when Meghan is likely to officially return from her maternity leave.

Last edited:
I am extremely doubtful that Meghan and Harry would be the type to employ an overnight nurse or even a live in nanny immediately after birth.

I don't know. I have some friends in the Uk who are middle class - but still had a nurse/nanny for the first two to three weeks to help the mother get enough sleep the first time and to show her how to do everything concerning the baby. Here in Germany, you tend to stay longer in the hospital and they show you there if you are a first-time mother. And the health insurance pays for vdaily visits by a nurse the first time. So I wouldn't think it so strange if they decided to either live with the in-laws for a time or have a live-in nurse for a time as Meghan does not have a mother and sister close by.

Even if Frogmore is technically 'ready' by Meghan's due date, I could still see them opting for Lindo and then staying at Nott Cott for the weeks following the birth.

After George, Charlotte & Louis, Lindo is a known factor and everything should be set up without much difficulty or uncertainty. While other wards have hosted royal births before - the scale is not comparable to the current situation surrounding the Sussexes. Lindo seems by far the soundest and safest choice.

Nott Cott is still their primary residence as of now and it does have (at least) 1 other bedroom that could serve as a temporary nursery.

I am extremely doubtful that Meghan and Harry would be the type to employ an overnight nurse or even a live in nanny immediately after birth. Nor do I subscribe to the tabloid narrative that Doria is going to give up her life in LA and full fill her ultimate role in life - playing nanny to her royal grandchild. (I am sure Gran is going to be visiting a lot and will lend Meghan and Harry any and all support (within reason) but they don't strike me as codependent in any shape or form. There is nothing that would indicate that Doria is living anything but a full life in California.)

So really, 2 bedrooms immediately after birth should suffice - and I reckon the familiar, lived-in surroundings of Nott Cott would be comforting during the transitional phase. It would also allow Harry and even Meghan to go to a quick event or a meeting for an odd hour without feeling too anxious. (I am looking at Haz in particular here. ;))

I predict the Sussexes will make their complete transition to Frogmore by the end of summer when Meghan is likely to officially return from her maternity leave.
If Frogmore is ready, I don’t see them waiting weeks to move. If they have the baby at Lindo Wing, it doesn’t stop them from going to Windsor right away. If they are worried about traffic going there, the only likely scenario is them staying at NottCott right before her due date until the baby is born. Has nothing to do with a nanny right away or not. But a baby requires quite a bit of room and Doria will likely visit her grandchild soon if she isn’t in London for the birth.

She's petite and not overly tall ..no where else for the belly to go!

LaRae

Meghan isn't petite by any means. She's at the minimum average height for women.

She does have a shorter torso compared to women of similar height. Wonder how her balance will be at the end of the pregnancy.

She is petite in bone (tiny) based on the people I know who have seen her in person at these events :)

LaRae

Not only her balance but how easy will it be for her to get off the couch?? That last month or so has to be the most awkward times. It was nice finally after the kid was born and I could actually say "hello feet!!" :D

I know Harry is helping her whenever he can and rubbing her feet.

She is petite in bone (tiny) based on the people I know who have seen her in person at these events :)

LaRae

I agree. She is very petite(slender) with a small bone frame and she is no more than what I would describe as average height.

With her slim figure and the fact that she is often in heels, it probably makes her look taller than she is.

I agree. She is very petite(slender) with a small bone frame and she is no more than what I would describe as average height.

With her slim figure and the fact that she is often in heels, it probably makes her look taller than she is.

Right what I have seen expressed is surprise at how tiny she is when she's seen in person. The few photos I've seen of her next to Harry without having her heels on, you get a better idea of the height.

LaRae

Petite isn't just about being slim. She's no less than 5'6", and that's not petite by any definition. Just because her husband is tall, doesn't make her petite.

Although in clothing sizes petite means short, it can also be descriptive of someone's slight frame

adjective: petite
(of a woman) having a small and attractively dainty build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom