Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Right, but I think Zara may have a bit of a larger frame/ bone structure than Meghan. I'm not talking about height, just bone strucure and overall body shape.

If this is what she looks like at 6 months, she is going to be big at 8-9 months. She is a petite woman and in great shape, I just have a hard time thinking April for a due date.

Well she's saying she's 6 months and due around April...so....

LaRae

Well, if it's a mid-April birth we have a couple of months of Meghan performing engagements to look forward to and discuss. Which will be good.

If this is what she looks like at 6 months, she is going to be big at 8-9 months. She is a petite woman and in great shape, I just have a hard time thinking April for a due date.

I'm no expert on pregnancy. But sure, the baby bump will continue to grow or expand in a way consistent with her body's bone structure.

If Meghan said she is six months along, then we heard it from the horse's mouth, as the saying goes. In fact, I'm surprised she is so forthcoming and generous one-on-one with the public. However, I would imagine she can detect genuine goodwill and love coming from people in the Birkenhead crowd.

Based on their wording and announcement timing, I made a guess of 4/21-4/23 for a birth. Meghan's commentary goes a long way in supporting that thought. How fun if the new Sussex baby were to be born on their cousins birthday. A bond to be shared!

Based on their wording and announcement timing, I made a guess of 4/21-4/23 for a birth. Meghan's commentary goes a long way in supporting that thought. How fun if the new Sussex baby were to be born on their cousins birthday. A bond to be shared!

It would be lovely indeed if the two shared a birthday! And of course there's always the chance that the baby could be born on HM's birthday, which would also be lovely but also a lot of weight to carry given that HM is the monarch and so famous around the world.

This child being born on the Queen's birthday would be absolutely incredible! Just imagine, the child will be born on his great grandmother's birthday, whose mother had the same birthday as Meghan!

Well, if Meghan is six months along and right now it's only the beginning of the third week in January, I'd say the baby looks to be born (give or take a few days) anywhere from April 18 - 24.

Babies tend to make up their own minds. But if they decide to camp out inside their mother's womb for an extended period beyond the due date, then they have to be coaxed/ induced to face the challenge of being born into this universe. ? ?

If I had a dime for every pregnant woman who was told at six months that she looked ready to pop...

She looks pretty average to me for six months along.

She’s only slightly taller than average, short waisted, so she looks like an average pregnant lady to me.

It would be lovely indeed if the two shared a birthday! And of course there's always the chance that the baby could be born on HM's birthday, which would also be lovely but also a lot of weight to carry given that HM is the monarch and so famous around the world.

It would be awesome if Baby Sussex was born on the Queen's birthday. Meghan already shares the Queen Mother's birthday, so that would be just amazing!

Oops, Terri Terri, I just saw you posted basically the same thing after I posted this.

Here is the video of Meghan talking about her due date. She says "... around end of April, early May, but who knows." She says a friend of hers went into labor weeks early. Baby only knows but it would seem that early April speculation was right on.

Here is the video of Meghan talking about her due date. She says "... around end of April, early May, but who knows." She says a friend of hers went into labor weeks early. Baby only knows but it would seem that early April speculation was right on.

So while it's possible for the baby to share a birthday with the Queen or with Prince Louis, it sounds like it might be more a possibility that there could be a shared birthday with Princess Charlotte on May 2.

This is a lovely clip thank you for posting it.

The doctor might have said the the due date could be as late as May but looks like Meghan feels pretty confident baby Sussex doesn't want to wait until then but like she said it'll be here when it's ready.

Today on the front of OK Magazine, I saw the declaration that Harry and Meghan's baby will be born in America. I know that this is not true. However, think of the news coverage if the baby was born in the United States.

Today on the front of OK Magazine, I saw the declaration that Harry and Meghan's baby will be born in America. I know that this is not true. However, think of the news coverage if the baby was born in the United States.

It’s gonna be big! The US media will be making its way over to London for this event as well.

At some point the Sussexes will have to start interviewing nannies, if they haven't already.

News reports are claiming Meghan doesn't plan to hire a nanny; However, that seems very unlikely.

News reports are claiming Meghan doesn't plan to hire a nanny; However, that seems very unlikely.

I think those kind of reports are just silly. Even if she had never met Harry she would of needed some type of care for her baby.

LaRae

Its exactly the sort of story that was published when Prince George was to be born, and for some time, after the birth.

The reality is royals are going to have nannies plain and simple. Anyone who has a job needs childcare. Its not like royals can place their children in day care or something. And being a royal is a job, they have to be at events. It is laughable to believe any royal is not going to employ help with kids.

If they don't hire a nanny then one of the following will happen:

the child will be put into childcare from a baby onwards so the parents can work

one or both parents will remain at home full-time to care for the baby - with the two never doing things together

they take the child with them when they go to work

Doria would only be able to get a limited time visa - unless they wish to 'pull strings' to get her a permanent residency and that won't go down well with the majority of the British public.

:previous:

None of these are options.

A royal child being in day care? The security alone would be a major issue.

As senior working royals neither of them are going to be a stay at home parent. And there is always going to be time when they have to tour or such.

And take them to work??? I can just picture the baby in a kangaroo carrier when they attend events.

There is a reason royals have nannies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another issue with daycare is that royal duties aren’t exactly 9-5. For example, there is Endeavor Awards next week. And there will be things that require their attention after hours once the baby is here.

Its possible that Meghan doesn't want a nanny around while she's on maternity leave. Most likely she'll have Doria with her and both women will want to solely bond with the child. As the maternity leave ends and Meghan gets back into the swing of public duties and responsibilities of her role and Grandma has headed back to L.A., a nanny isn't really an option. Its a necessity.

That's how I see it anyways.

:previous:

I expect Harry to go on paternity leave as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect Harry to go on paternity leave as well.

Now that's something that's never entered my mind but now that you mention it, I expect Harry to take paternity leave also. Paternity leaves weren't invented at the time I had my babies. Daddies paced in the waiting room anxious to hand out cigars then had drinks to celebrate their "manliness". :lol:

Fathers are now as hands on as mothers are and from watching Harry over the years with kids, I can bet my last York peppermint patty that Harry's going to be as hands on as he can get. ;)

and how hands on is that? Of course they'll have a Nanny. They are hardly going to Expect Meg's mother to give up her life to child care....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom