Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I would fall over dead from shock if that ever happened. Their styles are so vastly different and I really can't imagine for the life of me that Baby Sussex will wear anything even remotely close to what we've seen the Cambridge children in. I'd bet money that we won't be seeing anything even remotely traditional on this baby other than the christening gown. Even I can't imagine Meghan doing away with that bit of tradition.

I don't think we'll see much of the Cambridge kids' stuff on the Sussex kids, but I wouldn't say they'll do away with traditions. I doubt we'll see much shorts in winter, which I personally never understood either, but I think it'll be a nice mix of traditional and normal kids wear. It might just be worn in a different way.

Although I doubt we'll see these kids much at all. It'll be more of the Wessex approach given what we know of Meghan and Harry.

I would not at all be surprised to see Baby Sussex (if a boy) in some of Harry's old clothing..much as we saw on George etc. Just because Meghan has different clothing tastes for herself than Catherine..doesn't mean she won't think it cute or agree to mix things up with the wardrobe for THEIR baby.

LaRae

I’m hoping it’ll be more in line with what the Danish royal children are wearing. That seems like more Meghans style.

The Cambridge kids where contemporary/non traditional kids clothes when not "on duty", partly to give them more privacy because no one recognises Prince George in kid jeans and his favourite TV character shirt or whatever. I don't think we'll see a full on recreation of Kate's "working" clothes choices ala smocked dresses for Baby Sussex but I wouldn't be surprised if Meghan goes for her own version of that for the same reasons. Just like she mostly goes for her own version of "expected" style for official occasions.

You guys have a really funny sense of humour. Got me laughing out loud. Sometimes it's nice to read some light conversation.
:lol:

Presumably without interesting colour or prints
and of foreign 'make'...

Last edited:
Oh I'm sure we will hear about it if it doesn't conform to whatever standard people think it needs to conform to.

LaRae

As much as newborns go through clothing in a day and how quickly they grow out of them, I think I'd bet my last chai tea latte that for daily wear at home. there will be plenty of clothing that were worn by George, Charlotte and Louis handed down to the Sussex baby. It just makes sense to me.

Of course, out in public and as the child grows older, that's when individual taste comes in by the parents as to how they dress their children.

As a baby Meghan will have lots of fun whether it's a boy or girl and if they are at Windsor the baby might get to ride in the Rolls Royce of prams. Nice, no shuddering shaking about, just floating along.

But don't forget the child will need to feel like the kids he or she is going to be surrounded by. School means uniform as young as four here in private schools so if they have a boy it would need to be used to short pants.

As a baby Meghan will have lots of fun whether it's a boy or girl and if they are at Windsor the baby might get to ride in the Rolls Royce of prams. Nice, no shuddering shaking about, just floating along.

But don't forget the child will need to feel like the kids he or she is going to be surrounded by. School means uniform as young as four here in private schools so if they have a boy it would need to be used to short pants.

Many kids wear school uniforms. They are just that, School uniforms. Many girls had to wear plaid skirts and knee socks to school. Doesn't mean they wore them outside of school to get 'used to wearing them'.

Presumably without interesting colour or prints
and of foreign 'make'...

Like the Spanish brand Kate enjoys using pethaps for her kids.....

Don't worry the thing you detest about Meghan's style will save you from kids in black. Being modern. The whole idea of mommy baby matching looks doesn't really fit her modern aesthetic.

Most people understand the color and style palate for a child is vastly different then that of a thirty something year old woman.

Last edited:
As much as newborns go through clothing in a day and how quickly they grow out of them, I think I'd bet my last chai tea latte that for daily wear at home. there will be plenty of clothing that were worn by George, Charlotte and Louis handed down to the Sussex baby. It just makes sense to me.

Of course, out in public and as the child grows older, that's when individual taste comes in by the parents as to how they dress their children.

I am certain that Harry's baby clothes are kept somewhere, just as William's were and that baby Sussex will appear in them as well:flowers:

No-one knows the sex of this baby beyond the obstetrician and possibly the parents, so if it's a boy the gamblers lose their money. It's 50/50 either way. Just a way of people who like to gamble amusing themselves.

Didn't they suspend betting on Alexander McQueen for Meghan's wedding dress and Sussexes having twins as well? :lol: Yea, it's amusing, but that's all it is.

Meghan told a woman in the crowd she was 6 months pregnant and due around April.

So there is that.

Only 6 months ! Incredible ! She is so huge for her frame ! I am convinced it is a girl !

At some point the Sussexes will have to start interviewing nannies, if they haven't already.

Meghan told a woman in the crowd she was 6 months pregnant and due around April.

So there is that.
Just read on the Hello website that Meghan said that she's due at the end of April or the beginning of May!

Just read on the Hello website that Meghan said that she's due at the end of April or the beginning of May!

I think Emily Nash overstated that....the other reporter who reported it (first I think) said Meghan told one lady she was 6 months pregnant and another lady she was due around April.

LaRae

So there is that.

Where is this reported or confirmed? ETA: Oh I see, Emily Nash's Twitter.

If DoS Meghan is 6-months pregnant, then perhaps mid-April due date.

Last edited:
That’s one big baby if she’s only 6 months. But then, Meghan and time hasn’t always been accurate in the past. :lol:

Again a chance for me to share my birthday with a royal baby. I would be very happy if the baby will be born on this day.

Per ITV's Chris Ship

"Meghan told Carla Gandy that she was ‘six months’ pregnant which suggested a due date of around April. The Duchess then had a similar conversation with Eileen Ashurst who was standing nearby. She told us that M confirmed she was working on an April birth for her first child."

Meghan also said they don't know the sex and want to be surprised.

Last edited:
We can be sure she is at least in 26th week; at the time of Eugenie's wedding (12 October) she was alreadt past her 12-week scan.

The numbers seem to be adding up to me this far if she was 12 weeks along at the beginning of the tour then 38-42 weeks would be 4/11/19-5/15/19 for a due date.

Meghan may appear a little bit bigger because she has a small torso and there isn't much room for the baby to go except outward.

:previous: I agree and she's quickly losing space there. TBH she's going to find it very challenging to sit and sleep towards the end.

I remember how big Zara looks when pregnant...I think Meghan is going to go that way too.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom