Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That “little increase” around her waist is called “showing” -I’m not sure what your point is. That’s what happens to many pregnant women- you get thicker and start losing your waistline.

Makes sense to me. That's why at first, we're on alert looking for a baby "bump". By the time a woman progresses into the pregnancy and it really becomes apparent that this woman is carrying a child, its more like observing a baby "boulder" and not a "bump".

Meghan has been displaying hints of a "bump" for quite a while now. :D

Well- it’s unfortunate the 15th was an International Day of remembrance on lost babies, but it is what it is. That’s when the tour started. And, I don’t mean to sound unfeeling, but-frankly- I’m sure a lot of people had no idea. I didn’t even know it existed at all, much less when it was. It seems like there’s a national/international day for everything nearly everyday-most of which I have no idea about, unless it is brought to my attention. My guess is KP knew the day, but the tour started when it started. It’s unfortunate, but not a big issue either imo.

I'm willing to bet that very few people were aware of this.

After all, Oct. 15 is also National Cake Decorating Day, Grouch Day, School Lunch Week, Nuclear Science Week,etc.
Who could possibly be aware of so many events?

Let's move on from discussing when Meghan and Harry told the BRF about her pregnancy. Everyone has said their piece and the discussion is going around and around in circles. As is the discussion about whether Meghan's showing or not.

Comments about guests at Eugenie's wedding are off-topic and have been deleted.

I've also deleted posts discussing whether black women show their pregnancy earlier than any other women. Please let's stick to the topic. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Even though the baby is not born yet, it's cute to think that this tour is the baby's first tour ahahah :D I think when the baby is older will ask lots of things about it to Harry and Meghan. My parent's close friends married when my mom was pregnant with me, and when we're all together we have lots of fun talking about it and the wedding and me eating the wedding cake on my "mom's stomach".
They will have a lots of stories of this tour to share with their child in the future ;)

Last edited:
Makes sense to me. That's why at first, we're on alert looking for a baby "bump". By the time a woman progresses into the pregnancy and it really becomes apparent that this woman is carrying a child, its more like observing a baby "boulder" and not a "bump".

Meghan has been displaying hints of a "bump" for quite a while now. :D
I had been watching hoping… then she wore that marvellous green leather skirt and she was so "flat" that I was disappointed…. I super happy that I was wrong….

Harry will be a great father
No wonder Meghan's been in constantly smiling...
Hope they have a girl

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. I hope Meghan will have a happy and safe pregnancy.

I believe their child will be the eighth great-grandchild for QEII and Prince Philip. What a wonderful blessing.

I hope the clothes for engagements next week are not very fitted, they might not fit.;):lol:
It does make me feel better that Jessica is in Australia now. She might need some last minute help if something just will no longer fit.

The discussion about Meghan's clothes, should be taken to her fashion thread.

So moms, at what point do babies start moving? Do we think Meghan can feel Baby Sussex moving yet?

So moms, at what point do babies start moving? Do we think Meghan can feel Baby Sussex moving yet?

Not a lot yet, possibly some flutters. At the beginning of the second trimester the baby is still only about 3 1/2 inches-still a lot of growing. But the baby is starting to hear so he/she will be learning mom & dad’s voices.
Towards the end of the second trimester the baby is much bigger and there are actual kicks as the baby moves around.

I’m short-waisted (and short in general) and I could feel flutters around 14 weeks but I know I was definitely an outlier. I believe a lot of women don’t feel anything until closer to 5 months.

That “little increase” around her waist is called “showing” -I’m not sure what your point is. That’s what happens to many pregnant women- you get thicker and start losing your waistline.

Its only because we are used to her looking so very slim, or rather thin. In a lot of women a bit of thickening around the waist simply means they've put on a few pounds...

Its only because we are used to her looking so very slim, or rather thin. In a lot of women a bit of thickening around the waist simply means they've put on a few pounds...
As I said in the fashion thread on Tuesday, if this was someone I just met, I wouldn’t think they are pregnant. But because we do know Meghan and her usual physique, it was as obvious as day that something was going on. And the reporters would’ve definitely caught on too. There is no way she would’ve gotten through that first day without questions to KP.

As I said in the fashion thread on Tuesday, if this was someone I just met, I wouldn’t think they are pregnant. But because we do know Meghan and her usual physique, it was as obvious as day that something was going on. And the reporters would’ve definitely caught on too. There is no way she would’ve gotten through that first day without questions to KP.
They dotn have to answer questions.

They dotn have to answer questions.

There is no way that’s a good idea. KP gave them press passes and want them to cover the tour and the work they are doing. And honestly, she’s past the 12 week mark. As much as I think it’s fair they get privacy, their life isn’t all private. It’s quite bad form to not announce when she’s past the first trimester and is actually showing.

It's around 16-20 weeks for first pregnancies and earlier in the subsequent. I felt my first kick at exactly 20 weeks with my firstborn and at 14 weeks with my second-born.

There is no way that’s a good idea. KP gave them press passes and want them to cover the tour and the work they are doing. And honestly, she’s past the 12 week mark. As much as I think it’s fair they get privacy, their life isn’t all private. It’s quite bad form to not announce when she’s past the first trimester and is actually showing.

Bad form? Its her baby and her business. Its not something that she should feel she has to give an explanation to the Press about...

Meghan's body had clearly changed and people had been speculating for weeks. That speculation was getting louder. To have not announced it would have seen the tour side tracked with endless media scutiny on Meghan's stomach. As it is now, the pregnancy has been announced and while it is a focus, it is not so much compared to if they had not announced it.

Will there be a gun salute for the birth of Harry and Meghan’s baby?

So here is a question for everyone: when did you first suspect that she was pregnant?

For me, it's always in the face. I can usually tell by the way the lips a pursed or by looking at the nose. It was early on, back in July, one month after the wedding. It was Royal Ascot, and she just looked different. She looked happy but there was something there. My guess is that she is around 16-18 weeks right now.

BTW...my mother is able to tell 1 week after conception. She picked me and a few others in the family before we even knew. Again, all in the face.

Bad form? Its her baby and her business. Its not something that she should feel she has to give an explanation to the Press about...

While I agree with giving the royals privacy, there are certain things that they have to work with the press on. Truth of the matter is that both royalty and royal media need each other to survive. The royals wouldn't accredit the members of the press if they didn't need to. While it's her baby and her business, I don't think Meghan is against announcing the news once she's past the 12 week mark. She's obviously happy to share the baby joy with the members of public they've been meeting. There is no need to create additional friction between royal and media when there isn't a need to. Especially when the Palace has invited them to cover this trip.

My guess is that she is around 16-18 weeks right now.

Well, my guess is less observant than you. :lol: Meghan wore three stack rings from Ecksand at the Landover event yesterday. What's interesting is the stones that's been identified: Peridot (Meghan's birthday stone), sapphire (Harry's), and then one in diamond (April). So I went back and counted 40 weeks from beginning of April and end of April. Putting her between 12-16 weeks when they announced. Now, given we know she has had her 12 week scan already before Eugenie's wedding, it's unlikely she's 12 weeks. I think she'll cross the threshold of 4 months some point on this tour. She might not be exactly 4 months yet, but very close. Missy Higgins basically confirmed that when talking about meeting Meghan.

Last edited:
I first suspected she was pregnant at the Sentebale polo match but it was her birthday appearance at the wedding that really had me wondering. Then the Hamilton event sealed the deal for me. It just got more and more obvious after that.

As far as Meghan and Harry staying quiet about the pregnancy? I think it was best they announced it as the chatter was too loud and getting distracting. Each appearance had people doing bump watch and it didn't help that well know royal photographers and reporters were making jokes on social media. They all suspected it and let be known.

So it makes sense they did it when they did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom