Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, it's perfect timing to me. The high from the wedding goes right into the high of a pregnancy announcement, immediately followed into a two week high that is the tour. The BRF is going STRONG and they have the younger generation to thank for it.

Why do you think the official announcement didn't say anything about the Queen or Prince Charles being delighted with the news or some sort of similar statement like for the Cambridges? I find it odd.
I've read that there was pressure form KP to delay the announcement till after the Australian tour. I wonder if there was some tension about it. She doesn't even really show so I think they could have postponed it if they wanted to, and at the same time leave the attention on Princess Eugenie for a few more days. This said, I'm positive the immediate family are thrilled with the news.

Seeing the pictures of the tour it is very obvious that Meghan has a bump they really couldn't have hidden it.

She is going to be photographed in a million different angles and it would have been whispered, and over shadowed every engagement as people could very clearly tell she looked different. It helps to clear the air by releasing this info before the tour.

It's also a very jam packed tour. It's better they get the announcement out of the way so that if any adjustments need to be made to the tour for her condition everyone will know why rather than having to make any adjustment and then having to release the news of her pregnancy as the reason.

I am soooo excited for them. I can see them doing good cop, bad cop and Harry def being the goof ball and Mama Sussex having to reel them in lol.

Nonetheless, i am uber excited and i cant wait to speculate the gender and the names. I dont think theyre gonna go as traditional with the names as the Cambridges so this should be really fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am soooo excited for them. I can see them doing good cop, bad cop and Harry def being the goof ball and Mama Sussex having to reel them in lol.

If it's a girl, he's done. :lol: Just saying.

Baby Sussex is growing on me. We can keep calling him/her that, no need for a name. :lol:

Honestly, it's perfect timing to me. The high from the wedding goes right into the high of a pregnancy announcement, immediately followed into a two week high that is the tour. The BRF is going STRONG and they have the younger generation to thank for it.

This has been quite the two years for the royals! I feel like it has been non stop with major events. We have seen historic anniversaries (70 years!!), two new babies born, 2 weddings and now a third pregnancy. A birthday milestone (Charles) and the mini royals are old enough to start to be interesting.

The royals have never been more popular. This is a great thing.

I know there has been discussion about when senior members of the BRF were informed about the pregnancy. I think the Wales / Cambridge family would have known for some time, and the broader family told on Friday. F not and if I were Charles or W&C, I would be pretty cross that H&M did not share the information for so long.

I know there has been discussion about when senior members of the BRF were informed about the pregnancy. I think the Wales / Cambridge family would have known for some time, and the broader family told on Friday. F not and if I were Charles or W&C, I would be pretty cross that H&M did not share the information for so long.

Well, Charles said he's already toasted it several times. :lol: But yea, no doubt in mind they knew. Especially if she's actually further along than 12 weeks. Missy Higgins let it slip that Meghan's actually 4 months pregnant. And I think the Queen and Prince Philip would've been told well ahead of time too. Harry did also tell them about the engagement well before the announcement. It's also possible some of the cousins might've known before as well. I remember Mike saying that they are all quite close and have a WhatsApp chatroom or something like that.

Last edited:
In retrospect when watching the footage of the wedding. Meghan is seen talking with Zara and Autumn who turned around while she leaned forward, and the with Princess Anne while waiting for the wedding to start. Quite animated chit chats, lots of smiles, girl talks right there

Eve if Charles, William ad Kate were not told immediately, I agree that they would have known before Friday. Given Meghan's age, I could imagine that she and Harry may have waited until after the first ultrasound and results of any lab tests...that everything was normal....before telling anyone. I think she would have told her mother immediately though.

I uploaded two images of the Duchess. The yellow dress from July and the white dress in Australia. Please tell me how they are the exact same? She is totally showing. If they did not make an announcement, the silly press would be speculating. The Sussexes did the right thing in announcing on Monday.

As for stealing Eugenie's thunder, Eugenie had her day or two. The Brooksbanks had their day. End of.

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/...eghan-Markle-Yellow-Brandon-Maxwell-Dress.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/15/23/5076512-6279257-image-a-170_1539644339818.jpg

Honestly, I noticed she was filling out her clothes a little bit more at the book launch, but I brushed it off as she finally had a burger after the wedding and put on some much needed weight. Little did I know she actually had a bun in the oven.

See what I did there? :lol:

I started to get super suspicious when the were at that wedding in August on her birthday. From that moment I was pretty convinced with each new appearance. Her body was changing. Her body language was more guarding. Harry was also overly protective.

It has been interesting going back and watching their engagements now knowing the news and there were soooooo many clues. But yes, Meghan is noticeably pregnant and I bet by the end of the 16 days she will look a bit more.

I started wondering seriously if she was pregnant at the book launch, not only because of the "baby hairs" discussion (that just sealed the deal), but because her face was fuller, and because Harry and Doria showed up in support. It seemed like rather an odd and over protective thing to do: Meghan is not 22 years old, she's done many, many solo engagements over the years, and while it was lovely to see Harry and Doria, it's not SOP for extra royal family members to tag along.

I'd be very surprised if the Cambridges, Camilla and Charles, and the Queen were not notified well, well in advance, not only because they are close family, but because her pregnancy had implications for the upcoming tour. The Queen especially would have had to know about it.

I uploaded two images of the Duchess. The yellow dress from July and the white dress in Australia. Please tell me how they are the exact same? She is totally showing. If they did not make an announcement, the silly press would be speculating. The Sussexes did the right thing in announcing on Monday.

As for stealing Eugenie's thunder, Eugenie had her day or two. Her guests uploaded the images on their social medias (so Hollywood) and this 'private' wedding in which the taxpayer footed the security bill went off well. The Brooksbanks had their day. End of.

It's not only her abdomen showing the changes, its her bustline too, which is especially noticeable in those shots you posted.

I've also seen a blurb elsewhere where it stated that Meghan's father, Thomas, was informed of the pregnancy by his ex-wife Doria before the public announcement was made.

Close family and friends most certainly would have known for a while that Meghan was pregnant and anticipating their first child. The circle of trust thing that they know doesn't leak information. Sometimes with such happy news such as this is, you just can't hold it in and keep it secret. :D

Oh good gracious not this torso talk again. Has Meghan appeared again? Let's talk about that.

i still think this was awfully badly timed because of eugenie's wedding happening only a few days earlier, and because of their decision to communicate the news AT the wedding. on top of that, another community has also commented on the bad timing of the announcement as 15 October was also International Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day, a day when mums and dads of children lost during pregnancy or shotly afterwards grieve their lost children.

all in all, inappropriate in many ways, specially as meghan looks as slim as it gets: https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/...arry-Meghan-Markle-Australian-Tour-Photos.jpg It certainly wouldn't have hurt to wait a few days.

Depending on one's viewpoint on the matter, its easy to find reasons to support one's opinion as you've shown, carlota, and they're good reasons.

However, its my opinion that the decision to announce the impending birth of the first Sussex child lies solely in the fact that Harry and Meghan were beginning a long, involved tour of countries Down Under with many engagements scheduled and, as we've seen, even a visit to countries where there is a risk of the Zika virus.

To announce the pregnancy at the very start of the tour, when they've landed in Australia, is to have things out in the open should something need to be adapted or adjusted or even canceled with this tour. To be forewarned is to be prepared and none of the British royal family do things haphazardly. Other arguments may make good sense and support an opinion but I do feel that the announcement fits the big picture and the reasons behind it.

i still think this was awfully badly timed because of eugenie's wedding happening only a few days earlier, and because of their decision to communicate the news AT the wedding. on top of that, another community has also commented on the bad timing of the announcement as 15 October was also International Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day, a day when mums and dads of children lost during pregnancy or shotly afterwards grieve their lost children.

all in all, inappropriate in many ways, specially as meghan looks as slim as it gets: https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/...arry-Meghan-Markle-Australian-Tour-Photos.jpg It certainly wouldn't have hurt to wait a few days.

I'm sorry for those who feel that this news was ill timed. HOWEVER, as someone who had a miscarriage in the past in my previous marriage, I hold no ill will, and all of the women I know who have lost a child hold no ill will about this news. I don't begrudge the couple their happiness and their announcement. There are times when I mourn the loss of my child, however it's never when someone else announces their pregnancy.

It has also been mentioned time and again here in this thread that the news was
not communicated at the wedding, but that the family offered congratulations at the wedding.

Also, you don't announce news like this in the middle of a tour. That is ILL advised. It would take so much attention off of what was going on, and put it right smack on Meghan, and then she would be accused of "hogging" the limelight from the athletes. Also, she is showing. I knew the moment I saw her at the book launch and even before then. People were already starting to speculate, and during a 2 week tour, she could pop at any second.

Also, lets us not forget who decides when these things are announced: Not Harry and Meghan but the Crown.

It hasn’t been my impression they announced the pregnancy at the wedding, simply that they got congratulated in person at the wedding by family members they had not yet seen.

As to the timing of the public announcement, Eugenie’s wedding festivities were finished and they announced at the start of a 2 week tour. It makes sense to me to announce then. They were already making accommodations to her pregnancy- and there may need to be more. May as well get it out from the beginning.

In particular- Meghan is showing enough that it would have just been an endless parade of speculation had they not just announced at the beginning. Meghan is NOT as slim as it gets. Looking at pics side by side from a couple of months ago makes it obvious imo.

Well- it’s unfortunate the 15th was an International Day of remembrance on lost babies, but it is what it is. That’s when the tour started. And, I don’t mean to sound unfeeling, but-frankly- I’m sure a lot of people had no idea. I didn’t even know it existed at all, much less when it was. It seems like there’s a national/international day for everything nearly everyday-most of which I have no idea about, unless it is brought to my attention. My guess is KP knew the day, but the tour started when it started. It’s unfortunate, but not a big issue either imo.

They announced at the start of a tour to let everyone in on the obvious. It's out it's in the open and let's move on.
And to be honest bringing up that it is national or international whatever day just seems like desperation to make it seem like they are insensitive.
Whether we like it or not the tour was coming soon after the wedding and the palace decided to let everyone know as the tour was starting.

I had a miscarriage previously. Do I want other couples to stop their lives for me? No! And Carlotta I suggest you have look at my pictures of Meghan from July and October. Her body has changed a great deal.

The Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles,Camilla, The Cambridges and the new Mr and Mrs Brooksbank would have all likely have known about the pregnancy before the wedding. The wedding provided an opportunity for them to be congratulated personally. The minor royals (Kents,Gloucesters,etc) were probably none the wiser which is fair enough.

its only because she si so slim, that a little increase around her waist made ti look like "she's showing".

There is no waiting a day or two -there is waiting 0 days or 16, there is nothing inbetween and by that point it would be absolutely ridiculous. She is clearly showing and is 4 months pregnant. Imagine her in 2 weeks.

As for taking away attention from Eug. That is just silly - this is the RBF, Eug had a wonderful wedding weekend and I am sure they are still basking in the wedding afterglow. As for the pres focusing on other things - there were ALWAYS going to because of the start of the tour. This tour was always gonna get top billing - they even ran out of media passes and had to turn away and rotate reporters because of the huge interest.

It hasn’t been my impression they announced the pregnancy at the wedding, simply that they got congratulated in person at the wedding by family members they had not yet seen.

As to the timing of the public announcement, Eugenie’s wedding festivities were finished and they announced at the start of a 2 week tour. It makes sense to me to announce then. They were already making accommodations to her pregnancy- and there may need to be more. May as well get it out from the beginning.

In particular- Meghan is showing enough that it would have just been an endless parade of speculation had they not just announced at the beginning. Meghan is NOT as slim as it gets. Looking at pics side by side from a couple of months ago makes it obvious imo.

Well- it’s unfortunate the 15th was an International Day of remembrance on lost babies, but it is what it is. That’s when the tour started. And, I don’t mean to sound unfeeling, but-frankly- I’m sure a lot of people had no idea. I didn’t even know it existed at all, much less when it was. It seems like there’s a national/international day for everything nearly everyday-most of which I have no idea about, unless it is brought to my attention. My guess is KP knew the day, but the tour started when it started. It’s unfortunate, but not a big issue either imo.
All of THIS! Honestly, if they had to wait until there is an absolute perfect time for the rest of the world to announce, they'll have to wait until she's gone into labor. And I don't think that'd even be long enough of a wait for some. I do question if it's a matter of time or just that it's Meghan.

Yes, I think some of this is bizarre. The wedding, which was lovely, is over, and life goes on. To expect Meghan and Harry to keep a low profile on an official royal tour so that it doesn't overshadow a wedding that is already in the past is laughable, and to further expect them not to announce a very obvious pregnancy is even odder. Especially since she may not be 16 weeks along--she may be closer to 18 weeks, which is after all, still 4 months, and even more likely for there to be some very noticeable "popping" at some point during the tour.

Try keeping that under wraps.

Yes, I think some of this is bizarre. The wedding, which was lovely, is over, and life goes on. To expect Meghan and Harry to keep a low profile on an official royal tour so that it doesn't overshadow a wedding that is already in the past is laughable, and to further expect them not to announce a very obvious pregnancy is even odder. Especially since she may not be 16 weeks along--she may be closer to 18 weeks, which is after all, still 4 months, and even more likely for there to be some very noticeable "popping" at some point during the tour.

Try keeping that under wraps.

Even if we are to assume 15 weeks rather than a full 4 months, she'll be 17 at the end of the tour. Does not go unnoticeable at that stage for most. Especially for a woman the UK, Australian, and US media, if not more, are watching like a hawk.

Yes, Eugenie’s wedding was a few days earlier. It was a beautiful wedding. But it was over and done with. The world moved on.

The story that they announced it at the wedding simply isn’t true. It was a story started by the unreliable press. If they had actually announced then the story would have broken that day, but it didn’t.

The tour was starting and Meghan being pregnant was affecting arrangements and could affect more as the tour went on.

Additionally, even though you and some others don’t see it—Meghan is showing. Speculation would be distracting from the engagements during the tour. I knew as soon as I saw her at the book launch-others have also said they knew it then. That was almost a month ago. She is not as thin as ever-her arms and legs still look the same but not the rest of her.

There may be a day for remembering miscarried and stillborn babies but I’ve never heard of it before. And I know that women and men that have lost a child do not only grieve on some made up day.

its only because she si so slim, that a little increase around her waist made ti look like "she's showing".

That “little increase” around her waist is called “showing” -I’m not sure what your point is. That’s what happens to many pregnant women- you get thicker and start losing your waistline.

Last edited:
Meghan has worn coats on occasions where it was really not called for. She also wore that blue dress with the ruffles down the front, and the press went into a tizzy over the obvious fullness around her waist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom