The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1981  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Goodness me, they are all bored. I saw the segments with Kier lately. He's so worried he'll run out of things to say before this baby gets here.
__________________

  #1982  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:19 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 9,638
We have now reached 100th page of this thread and the baby still inside.
Let's hope he/she will be born before we reach 150th one.
__________________

  #1983  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:24 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Goodness me, they are all bored. I saw the segments with Kier lately. He's so worried he'll run out of things to say before this baby gets here.
Yes, they are.

I really didn't know that they were waiting for George for 6 weeks, so this is nothing for them. Some of them have only been in Windsor for 2 weeks, but there is a lot of press and not just American.
  #1984  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:25 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
We have now reached 100th page of this thread and the baby still inside.
Let's hope he/she will be born before we reach 150th one.
I'm hoping baby is here by tomorrow.
  #1985  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:26 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Goodness me, they are all bored. I saw the segments with Kier lately. He's so worried he'll run out of things to say before this baby gets here.
Have you watched the episode that quickly.

I think an episode of Royal Rota was coming due, and they decided to go ahead with it now, since yes they are likely bored stiff with waiting. Perhaps they will quickly follow up with a special episode once the baby is born and the photo-call has happened.
  #1986  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:31 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
The more I think about it the more I am beginning to think this is a public relations disaster. Harry is r famous, he is beyond famous and this birth is being treated, by them, like a celebrity birth. Why on earth do a photo shoot and I interview after the birth. Like a hello photocall. She doesn't have to stand on a step, in six inch heels but it strikes me that if anything they are making their babies birth less private by this hoopla. Kate had to stand on a step and that was is it and then family taken picture was realised a couple of weeks later and then what 4 pictures over the first year of life. Harry and Meghan just don't seem to k ow what they are playing with at the moment. And to be honest I think she, and her friends, needs to realise this is a world she doesn't understand. I would rather stand on a step for 3 minutes with a swaddled baby then do a photo shoot with it soon after birth. Alternatively I would much rather realise a section of family taken photos.
  #1987  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:40 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
The more I think about it the more I am beginning to think this is a public relations disaster. Harry is r famous, he is beyond famous and this birth is being treated, by them, like a celebrity birth. Why on earth do a photo shoot and I interview after the birth. Like a hello photocall. She doesn't have to stand on a step, in six inch heels but it strikes me that if anything they are making their babies birth less private by this hoopla. Kate had to stand on a step and that was is it and then family taken picture was realised a couple of weeks later and then what 4 pictures over the first year of life. Harry and Meghan just don't seem to k ow what they are playing with at the moment. And to be honest I think she, and her friends, needs to realise this is a world she doesn't understand. I would rather stand on a step for 3 minutes with a swaddled baby then do a photo shoot with it soon after birth. Alternatively I would much rather realise a section of family taken photos.
The only things difference about this and the DoC births is that:
1. We don't know where she will give birth (I understand this because I remember when they were waiting for George and Charlotte that there were couples who were coming and going into St. Mary, and what a violation that may have been for some of them).

2. The won't do the pictures right after the birth. (This is a personal choice for each individual woman. I'm sorry, but no one has the right to tell a new mom that she should stand on the steps hours after giving birth to present her child to the public. If she wants to do that, fine, but we shouldn't condemn a new mother if she doesn't want to do it either. We don't know if she'll have a C-Section or even have complications during birth that would permit it to be presentable a day after birth.)

Barring these two, everything is much the same. The press will get family photos a few days after birth (perhaps a short QnA) and then go on their merry way. I'm also glad that we had the YouGov poll showing that the majority of Brits (75%) agreed with Harry and Meghan's decision about the birth.
  #1988  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:42 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,997
The wording of that announcement was ambiguous and at odds with subsequent announcements.

If there is to be confirmation as and when Meghan goes into labour, there may as well be confirmation as and when she has given birth. Or just make an announcement only when the birth has occurred.

I think it acceptable that we wait a few days until we actually see the new baby so that they have a few days to themselves, but I don't think it acceptable not to announce the birth when it actually happens.
__________________
JACK
  #1989  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Have you watched the episode that quickly.
I might have already been watching it when it was posted here.
  #1990  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:51 PM
Fem's Avatar
Fem Fem is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: UK, Poland
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
The wording of that announcement was ambiguous and at odds with subsequent announcements.

If there is to be confirmation as and when Meghan goes into labour, there may as well be confirmation as and when she has given birth. Or just make an announcement only when the birth has occurred.
I think it's one of two things:
- The announcement is badly written and is conveying informations in a wrong way
- They changed their mind at some point AFTER the announcement (maybe after they saw how big is the interest?) and now it all just sounds stupid...

Because what, we'll get the "she's in labor" announcement and then nothing until the photocall?
  #1991  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:53 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
The wording of that announcement was ambiguous and at odds with subsequent announcements.

If there is to be confirmation as and when Meghan goes into labour, there may as well be confirmation as and when she has given birth. Or just make an announcement only when the birth has occurred.

I think it acceptable that we wait a few days until we actually see the new baby so that they have a few days to themselves, but I don't think it acceptable not to announce the birth when it actually happens.
But they are doing that.

They are informing the press when she's in labor.
They will announce when she gives birth with all the usual information. The London eye will even light up when baby is born.

The reporters have confirmed the additional operational notes from BP and have even talked about how nervous they get everything they get a message from BP because it might be news she's in labor.
  #1992  
Old 05-03-2019, 06:03 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
The only things difference about this and the DoC births is that:
1. We don't know where she will give birth (I understand this because I remember when they were waiting for George and Charlotte that there were couples who were coming and going into St. Mary, and what a violation that may have been for some of them).

2. The won't do the pictures right after the birth. (This is a personal choice for each individual woman. I'm sorry, but no one has the right to tell a new mom that she should stand on the steps hours after giving birth to present her child to the public. If she wants to do that, fine, but we shouldn't condemn a new mother if she doesn't want to do it either. We don't know if she'll have a C-Section or even have complications during birth that would permit it to be presentable a day after birth.)

Barring these two, everything is much the same. The press will get family photos a few days after birth (perhaps a short QnA) and then go on their merry way. I'm also glad that we had the YouGov poll showing that the majority of Brits (75%) agreed with Harry and Meghan's decision about the birth.
Nobody is saying she should. Heaven forbid but why do an interview and photos shoot like a celebrity. Just take a picture of your baby and realise it. That is all anyone else wants, a picture of a healthy baby. Because some people may be entitled but most just care for Prince Harry and want this to go well for them. But media wise this has not gone well for them. And I just do think William and Kate seem to handle the media better while keeping them on side. And this is from someone who thinks William is at times to media trained.
  #1993  
Old 05-03-2019, 06:05 PM
loonytick's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Tennessee, United States
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I think it's one of two things:
- The announcement is badly written and is conveying informations in a wrong way
- They changed their mind at some point AFTER the announcement (maybe after they saw how big is the interest?) and now it all just sounds stupid...

Because what, we'll get the "she's in labor" announcement and then nothing until the photocall?
The public announcement and the embargoed, detailed guidance to press were delivered from BP simultaneously, so it wasnít a change of mind. Taking the two together, I think what they meant by wanting privacy is not that things will be kept secret but that they donít want press physically close by and able to take unencumbered photographs until theyíre ready.

I donít think it was a great choice of wording since itís been taken to mean so much more than that. But I donít think itís really that big a deal, either. Honestly, the only substantial difference between what theyíve said theyíll do and what the BRF has done for the last 30+ years is limiting the physical proximity of the press. Itís still far more than anyone got when the Queen and Margaret, or literally any previous generation of British royals ever, had their babies.
  #1994  
Old 05-03-2019, 06:08 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
But they are doing that.

They are informing the press when she's in labor.
They will announce when she gives birth with all the usual information. The London eye will even light up when baby is born.

The reporters have confirmed the additional operational notes from BP and have even talked about how nervous they get everything they get a message from BP because it might be news she's in labor.
All they have to do is realise a statement saying baby boy or girl born three o'clock. Everyone well. Here is a picture and everyone will literally be over the moon. That is all really.

I am not sure about the London Eye to be honest. I don't think any of them will light up. I think the distinction between Princess Margaret and the Queens children is a good example here. As the Queens aid they are not royal they just have me as an aunt. I think all the evidence points to a revised situation where only future monarchs children will be HRH. What that means for the workload with a reduced workforce if anyone's guess.
  #1995  
Old 05-03-2019, 06:10 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Nobody is saying she should. Heaven forbid but why do an interview and photos shoot like a celebrity. Just take a picture of your baby and realise it. That is all anyone else wants, a picture of a healthy baby. Because some people may be entitled but most just care for Prince Harry and want this to go well for them. But media wise this has not gone well for them. And I just do think William and Kate seem to handle the media better while keeping them on side. And this is from someone who thinks William is at times to media trained.
I understand what you're saying, but I don't look at this like a photoshoot. It's the same concept as the Lindo Wing, but more controlled. It's just one photog, one reporter and one camera. It's similar to what the continental Europeans do. I distinctly remember Carl Phillip and Sofia releasing those beautiful images of Alexander, and there was a brief interview.

I know it's not for everyone, but I prefer this controlled environment rather than the chaos that the Lindo Wing has become. Also have to remember, there are extenuating circumstances regarding the LW. It's open to the public, and we know Megs have some very media hungry family members that would probably turn up to cause problem.

Also, the press are the ones making a nuisance of themselves as they already had all of the information but chose to release it in a certain way.
  #1996  
Old 05-03-2019, 06:12 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
But that's the thing, "once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family" can indeed be interpreted as having a couple of days just to themselves and their family. That's why I'm not surprised there are reporters asking if Megan gave birth already, because it's not clear whether the public will be informed a few hours or a few days later.

And nah, the mechanics of it are pretty simple, I mean timeline wise. Like, will it happen a few days after, or few weeks after? It could've been written in a more specific and informative manner. I get the need for privacy and I'm not saying they should include more information per se, just... be more particular. Because that statement is just making people more confused instead of clearing things out, not to mention now we have BP basically saying completely different thing.
My guess is that 'once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family' means 'once they have arrived home', so there is less chance of reporters showing up at the (unknown) hospital. Once home, I don't think there is much reason to keep it a secret any longer; they clearly want to avoid having lots of reporters at the hospital (or other place of birth) when Meghan is in labor; so in this way they both can inform the public relatively quickly but still avoid facing the photographers at the day (or day after) of birth..
  #1997  
Old 05-03-2019, 06:15 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
My guess is that 'once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family' means 'once they have arrived home', so there is less chance of reporters showing up at the (unknown) hospital. Once home, I don't think there is much reason to keep it a secret any longer; they clearly want to avoid having lots of reporters at the hospital (or other place of birth) when Meghan is in labor; so in this way they both can inform the public relatively quickly but still avoid facing the photographers at the day (or day after) of birth..
Precisely. I think once they are safely back at Frogmore Cottage, they'll release all the necessary information. Personally, I don't think it's going to be a home birth. I think right now, she is probably overdue by a few days and baby will be here in less than a week.
  #1998  
Old 05-03-2019, 06:16 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Posts: 215
[QUOTE=Fem;2217343]I think it's one of two things:
- The announcement is badly written and is conveying informations in a wrong way
- They changed their mind at some point AFTER the announcement (maybe after they saw how big is the interest?) and now it all just sounds stupid...

Because what, we'll get the "she's in labor" announcement and then nothing until the photocall? [
/QUOTE]

We will get confirmation of the sex and weight of the baby as per usual. Of course, no photocall until a couple of days after.
  #1999  
Old 05-03-2019, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I think it's one of two things:
- The announcement is badly written and is conveying informations in a wrong way
- They changed their mind at some point AFTER the announcement (maybe after they saw how big is the interest?) and now it all just sounds stupid...

Because what, we'll get the "she's in labor" announcement and then nothing until the photocall?
There was only one announcement. The details weee in the extended ops notes only intended for the media. They have to announce the deliver time as it specifically stated that the Long Walk will be available for media pen for 72 hours after she gives birth. They have to let them know ahead of time when they have to pack up and leave.
  #2000  
Old 05-03-2019, 06:26 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,493
All the info was released at the same time. The issue is that the operational notes were not meant for public knowledge and was released. We were always going to be told when she is in advanced labor and details of the birth. The public will not be in the dark once the time actually comes. Right now they just want privacy.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Koningsdag 2014-2021 Marengo Dutch Royals 242 03-31-2021 02:43 AM
Danish New Year Courts: 2004, 2006-2021 Josefine Royal House of Denmark 1720 01-07-2021 02:53 PM
What will happen to Royal Families in 2019 AmaliaCharlotte Royal Chit Chat 50 11-29-2019 03:59 PM
Princess Sofia is Expecting - Due April 2016 JR76 Prince Carl Philip, Princess Sofia and Family 197 04-20-2016 05:04 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism british british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen carolin china chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs doll dresses duke of sussex family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf history house of windsor imperial household intro italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery kids movie king edward vii książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg maxima meghan markle monarchy nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen maxima queen victoria random facts royal ancestry royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding serbian royal family spain sussex swedish queen taiwan tradition unfinished portrait united states of america wedding gown welsh wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×