Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how many people seem to support Chelsy and consider her too good for Harry.
I never liked Chelsy and certainly never considered her too good for Harry. IMO, her reported behaviour when under the influence, left a lot to be desired. I hope they have a wonderful life, just not together.:flowers:

Paris Hilton has ruled out a romance with Prince Harry - because of her friendship with Chelsy Davy.

Chelsy Davy's friendship means I won't hit on Prince Harry, says Paris Hilton - Telegraph

(Thank goodness for that!):eek::eek:

It's amazing how many people seem to support Chelsy and consider her too good for Harry.
While I think she was of an higher caliber than Harry (i.e. more intelligent and mature), I didn't think she was too good for him. I thought she was exactly what he needed.
Especially now that she is about to enter professional life, I was hoping she would be able to introduce Harry to a new circle of friends that weren't his (and her so far) usual Sloaney gang.

Personally I couldn't have cared less what she did or didn't do while drunk. Her party pictures considered mostly of her making faces at the camera anyway, and while this isn't dignified (duh!), it was super tame, imo.
Beside, there was never any indication she was out of control or an alcoholic, so her drinking was done on her down time.

I was far more interested in her behavior on her sober time (which she was most of the time).
What I saw was a brilliant, ambitious, independent, modern, hard-working, career-orientated woman that any man would be lucky to have by his side. She would probably have made the most intelligent addition to the Royal family in a long time, but I still cannot see how she would have adapted to the dullness of being a princess.

For some reason, I've never taken to Chelsy either--as a girlfriend for Harry. I'm sure that the young woman is quite intelligent and must have some ambition to be a lawyer; and I hope that she will find contentment in her life, which is the same that I wish for Harry.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Paris Hilton wouldnt hit on Prince Henry because........rotfl!

I hope that she will find contentment in her life, which is the same that I wish for Harry.:flowers:
Well said. :flowers: I'm sure she can pass exams, but she knew that Harry wanted to make the Army his full time career and presumably she knew she wanted to be a lawyer, it wasn't hard to work out they would struggle to maintain a relationship, (shades of Sarah).:flowers:

I cannot profess to have been a Chelsy fan over the years, and never did believe that she would make it to the firm - if for no other reason that Harry and she were so young, and this really was his first serious relationship, so in any case, the road was going to be a long and ardous one.

That said, it is very interesting to see how the media have reacted to her. Through most of their relationship, Chelsy was portrayed as a bit of a wild child, usually photographed out smoking / drinking / dressed in skimpy clothes. Ever since it was announced that she was going to do a Masters at Leeds (which broadly co-incided with when the tabloids turned hostile to Will & Kate), Chelsy could suddently do no wrong.... to now being portrayed as being too good for Harry. :ROFLMAO:

What I saw was a brilliant, ambitious, independent, modern, hard-working, career-orientated woman that any man would be lucky to have by his side.

Had you held this view of Chelsy for a while?

. . . . . . Chelsy could suddently do no wrong.... to now being portrayed as being too good for Harry. :ROFLMAO:
What's to laugh at? There aren't any embarassing videos or snapshots of her being an ass (or is that asset?). :ohmy: :lol: :ROFLMAO:

What's to laugh at? There aren't any embarassing videos or snapshots of her being an ass (or is that asset?). :ohmy: :lol: :ROFLMAO:

Quite right, there are no embarassing videos of Chelsy..... but that does not qualify her for the complete turnaround in the attitude of the press towards her.

Amazing how anyone could be described as too good for the grandson of the Queen of England, more likely that someone be described as not good enough for the grandson of the Queen of England, but then I must say Chelsy seems to be an independent young lady and that I admire, I think she realised that there was no future in this relationship and decided to get out in time instead of waiting around hoping.

I am wondering if Chelsy with go back to Africa or stay in London? Also if she will date a lot of men or settle on one more before marrying. ;)

I agree. I've had the feeling for awhile that Harry and Chelsy were a very passionate couple whenever they managed to see each other. There was a lot of drama in their relationship. But as we married ladies know, it takes a great deal more than passion alone to make a marriage.:flowers:

Well said. :flowers: I'm sure she can pass exams, but she knew that Harry wanted to make the Army his full time career and presumably she knew she wanted to be a lawyer, it wasn't hard to work out they would struggle to maintain a relationship, (shades of Sarah).:flowers:

I agree. I've had the feeling for awhile that Harry and Chelsy were a very passionate couple whenever they managed to see each other. There was a lot of drama in their relationship. But as we married ladies know, it takes a great deal more than passion alone to make a marriage.:flowers:

Oh dear, I'm not a married lady so I shouldn't be commenting :lol:. But with that disclaimer, I'm going to stick my uninformed opinion in anyway! I agree with what you're saying, that it takes more than passion to make a relationship work. But on the other hand, you need some degree of passion to have a relationship in the first place...if that makes sense. Neither of the two extremes work well IMO. Some very passionate couples can't make things work in the long run, and some committed couples eventually divorce because the passion has left their relationship (or was never there in the first place) and they've found other people who make them feel young and alive. I think a relationship needs both passion and commitment to last.

Certainly...and there's a certain ebb and flow to both parts of the equation. To constantly feel passionate would be exhausting.:) On the other hand, to feel nothing but commitment would just lead to resentment in the long run.:flowers:

I think a relationship needs both passion and commitment to last.

Well I have always quite liked her but the specific attributes I have listed in my previous message became apparent to me after she chose to further her education and have been confirmed by the recent events both in her personal and professional life.

Excellent. So can I take it to mean that, in your book, every girl who enrols at a regional university for a law degree is "brilliant, ambitious, independent, modern, hard-working, career-orientated woman that any man would be lucky to have by his side"?

Excellent. So can I take it to mean that, in your book, every girl who enrols at a regional university for a law degree is "brilliant, ambitious, independent, modern, hard-working, career-orientated woman that any man would be lucky to have by his side"?
Thank you for dumbing down my words to such a thorough extend.
Totally unjustified since my wording clearly suggested that my opinion was based on more than one factor.

Anyway, I will break it down:

Brilliant/Hard-working: 2.1 undergraduate degree in Economy, Philosophy and Politics, about to get a second degree in Law (just one of the most demanding post-graduate degree around) at which she is doing so well that she has been offered a job at one of the leading law firm in London. I would qualify someone with such a profile as brilliant. You may see it differently.

Ambitious/career-orientated/modern: considering her family has enough money to allow her a life of leisure if she chose, I think that the fact that she has shown determination into furthering her education, getting a challenging career and hasn't used having royal boyfriend as an excuse to put her life on hold, and is seemingly determined to stand on her two feet hows ambition and modernity.

Independent: the fact that when she moved to the UK she chose Leeds university, reportedly because one of her friend was there and recommended it to her, instead of a uni close to London which would have been more convenient to Harry, the fact that she has kept her own distinct identity and her own circle of friends and her own goals shows independence.

Add to that that she is seemingly a vibrant, fun young woman and that would make her a catch in my eyes.

My opinions, of course, and you may disagree but if you do I would be grateful if you don't reduce my arguments to a punch line.
Thank you.
There once again, we will have to differ. As far as I can see it has left wing, liberal views and if not republican, it is anti monarchy.
How does any of this make it a rag? Do you think the Guardian is a rag too?
Private Eye is more my cup of tea. :D
In total agreement there. Private Eye is possibly the best thing about this country.

These 2 boys

To be honest..i have been watching them and trying to figure out their relationship statuses. When i see them with their women..or exes as of now....they are either both walking ahead of them..and dont look like they are even with them at all. When they are breaking up and making up several times...this is a sign that it is not right. Can't anyone else see this?? They should just move on and meet other people or stay alone...they are under a great deal of public scrutiny and pressure to find a wife?? For whom?? Their monarchy or themselves?? I say leave the two alone and let them decide for themselves who they are and who they want to marry....duh. :angel:

I never liked Chelsy and certainly never considered her too good for Harry. IMO, her reported behaviour when under the influence, left a lot to be desired. I hope they have a wonderful life, just not together.:flowers:
ABSOLUTELY AND WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE. But I must hold Harry to the same standard. All I can say is I hope both brothers, especially William, enjoy LONG healthy lives.

And Chelsy Davy "independent"???? How many law school students are out there who can afford to fly back and forth to South Africa from the UK several times a year and for vacations or own a Mercedes? Please. Her parents are bankrolling her lifestyle just like Kate Middleton. How someone going to law school ... at a less than stellar school ... makes them into this paragon of a struggling working woman is beyond me.

Except for the photo of her mock LICKING one of her girlfriends' breasts at a party.:eek: Pictures of her in bikinis that leave nothing to the imagination with cigarette hanging out of her mouth and drink in hand. "Vulgar, vulgar, vulgar"!

ABSOLUTELY AND WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE. But I must hold Harry to the same standard. All I can say is I hope both brothers, especially William, enjoy LONG healthy lives.

And Chelsy Davy "independent"???? How many law school students are out there who can afford to fly back and forth to South Africa from the UK several times a year and for vacations or own a Mercedes? Please. Her parents are bankrolling her lifestyle just like Kate Middleton. How someone going to law school ... at a less than stellar school ... makes them into this paragon of a struggling working woman is beyond me.
I'm assuming that because you're fom the US you don't know much about UK universities but Leeds is one of the best Their law department is widely acknowledged as being in the top ten in this country.

I know a lot of people who studied at Leeds and are now working at some of the most high-profile law firms in the country. I would suggest you do some research before belittling an excellent university.

Thank you for dumbing down my words to such a thorough extend.
Totally unjustified since my wording clearly suggested that my opinion was based on more than one factor...
Wow! Amazing post. Moreover I absolutel y agree with all of your points, especially regarding Private Eye and The Independent.

I'm assuming that because you're fom the US you don't know much about UK universities but Leeds is one of the best Their law department is widely acknowledged as being in the top ten in this country.

I know a lot of people who studied at Leeds and are now working at some of the most high-profile law firms in the country. I would suggest you do some research before belittling an excellent university.
No I am no expert in UK law schools; however, it was reported that it is VERY RARE for a LEEDS student to get an offer from the firm for which she interned -- FOR ALL OF TWO WEEKS. From what I have read about Leeds, it is not considered a top flight law school. Now if you have numbers to back up your claim that it is a top 1% school or whatever it is you allege, then great. But that won't change my opinion of this girl one iota.

Finally, fwiw, Leeds could be the #1 law school in the UK and it won't make a bit of a difference on the firepower she has upstairs to forge a successful stint at whatever firm she ends up working for. Success at TOP firms sadly being defined as making it through the ranks to partnership or billing over 3,000 hrs in a year, which I'm guessing will interfere with the two to three 2-week vacays in South Africa per year. I'm not some kid just figuring it out. Just because this girl goes to law school doesn't impress me at all.

So while I'm researching UK law schools I suggest YOU research what it takes to make it in the the world of large, corp law firms, to which apparently she aspires. For the moment.

Who would have thought that Chelsy Davy would become a polarising figure after the breakup?

Whatever the case, we can do without the personal and pointed posts thanks.

Warren
British Forums moderator

I don't need to research anything, nor do I appreciate the overly agressive tone. I have my law degree (not from Leeds) and I do know which universities have a good reputation and which don't in this country.

Moreover I suspect I have far more experience of how UK law firms operate than you do having had actual experience of them.

Then I'm sure you are quite aware of the value of assumptions, suspicions, and hunches.

Nor did I much appreciate the tone of your unsolicited advice re seeking info on UK law schools. But I handle my business.

Much apologies Warren.:angel::flowers:

Many apologies Warren (I do like correct grammar) I can´t help but think that someone with a UK law degree would know more about a UK university than someone from another country but now that Chelsy is an ex and possibly she will remain one I am sure that if a law firm had taken her on just because of her friendship to Prince Harry we shall soon learn of it, she will be looking for another job very soon.
However from what we have learned about her she is quite able to stand on her own two feet and get on in the world.

I somewhat agree with your assessment of her, Menarue.:eek: I'm just not going along with the deification of this girl simply because she's doing like millions of other recent graduates and trying to begin a career, be it as an attorney or learning and working at a parents' successful business.

I have read the remarks that Farrer, the firm at which she interned for two weeks, hires almost exclusively from OXFORD, that it was a bit of a coup for a law student from Leeds to get an internship with this firm, which naturally lead to suspicions that who she was dating and her celebrity may have played a part in securing that internship. Nevertheless, I've also read she's accepted an offer from Allen & Overy, so the rest of it is water under the bridge.

To get in the door at any of these firms means she is no dummy. So the best to her in any event.

No deification from me Luvn :eek: she is just an ordinary girl who by extraordinary circumstances became the focus of journalists and others because she dated Prince Harry. I just find it a wonderful contrast to another royal girlfriend that she should go on to use her degree and work when from what we hear, she has absolutely no obligation to do this, she is from a very wealthy family and could just stay home and mope for the prince if she wanted to.
They are no longer a couple and she has decided to get on with her life. I am not sorry that she will not be "Princess Harry" she didn´t seem suitable but I wouldn´t have minded that much as there was very little probability that she would become Queen of England.
I hope that she is successful in her law career and meets someone of her own kind, rich, independent and able to give her more attention.
I see the Mugabe connexion would have caused problems if they had thought of marrying, in fact it may have already caused problems that we don´t know of.
Good luck to her, she is a smart pretty young woman and has her whole life ahead of her. :flowers:

30th???? I had no idea. Reminds me of my cousin, when my aunt asked him his place in his class and he answered "the 20th", "well it could be worse" she said, then the question came. "How many children in the class?" :nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom