Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleVA

Aristocracy
City
Fuquay Varina
Country
United States
Do you think if what the papers are saying about the terrorist groups saying they want Harry and they will go after those he loves is true that Harry will propose to Chelsy to get her protection?
Her parents are millionaires I would think they would get her security guards but if he wants to get her proper protection that he has I would think he would propose.
I have always had the feeling that Harry would marry before William and that with Chelsy he seems to have met his match and I just wonder would he do this because he thinks he is in love :wub: and that he is protecting her by marrying her.
I have to agree in my opinion that him going has made all of the Royal family and those around them in more danger. But I do also think just because he is a member of the RF he should not be kept home.
Finally as a mom I can't help but think how proud Diana would have been of her son. Could you only imagine the photos of her at the airport for his arrival. :angel:
Michelle

I could see Harry proposing spontaneously maybe thinking he'd protect Chelsy that way. But I somehow cannot see Chelsy agreeing to marry him right away. I always had the impression that she's very driven and independent. She'd probably want to finish her master and that she couldn't as a Royal. So even if he proposed I doubt they'd marry anytime soon. Yet her father is very wealthy. He could either afford protection for her or she'd have to move somehwere else (a royal residence even - unofficially of course) or Charles and the Davy's could split the costs for Chelsy's protection. I'm not sure but I don't think an engagement is the only way to protect Chelsy from possible threats. It's cute though that Harry finally gets his own engagement thread - about time.:lol:

Prince Harry is emerging as a far more sensible young man than his earlier party days might have indicated and anyone is going to be very careful about entering a marriage, it's Princess Diana's boys. They've seen firsthand how the wrong choice in a royal bride can land you. She would have been bursting the seams of her Chanel suits with pride over what kind of Princes her sons turned out to be.

She already has [some] protection.

Last year she was on the same flight as me from Cape Town. When we reached Heathrow there were 2 Royal Protection officers waiting at the gate - as soon as she stepped off the plane they were there, arm around her & whisked her away.

As for the British Royals - they are the most protected people on the planet! ... I don't think they'll need to take any action following Harry being at war - Their security is so tight & always has been that I think it's impossible to increase. The people probably most at danger are Chelsy & perhaps even Kate - the ones who don't have full on Royal Protection Officers 24/7. Perhaps those are the areas they need to look at & Harry probably will need to perhaps keep a lower profile over the next couple of months.

Next thing we know Chelsy will have been invited to Sandringham to spend Christmas with the Royal Family!!!

Th next thing we know is Prince Harry spending a very warm Christmas in Africa....

The issue of security is a no-brainer..Harry is tremendously insulated and nothing will ever happen to him. Threats are nothing new to the British Royals...they haven't forgotten what happened to Lord Mountbatten..

My hope for Harry and other royals is that they are somehow allowed to have careers separate from their devotion to the monarch. Haven't been able to figure out that in over 30 years of royal watching but I hope Harry and William are the lucky ones who do...

I could see him settling down before William but I don't know if it would be a good idea and furthermore I am not entirely sure it is still fully on with Chelsy.

And it also doesn't seem like she was as fully excepted by the family as Kate was/is...

She'd probably want to finish her master and that she couldn't as a Royal.

Really? I didn't know being married to a royal prohibits continuing education???? How can it be? There are so many royals who continued to go for degrees and further education after marriage. I am confused by this statement.

Really? I didn't know being married to a royal prohibits continuing education???? How can it be? There are so many royals who continued to go for degrees and further education after marriage. I am confused by this statement.

Just think Mette-Marit.

If Leeds University area is as dangerous as they say, perhaps Chelsy could transfer to another school in a better part of England. We don't really know for sure if she does have "private" protection (either paid for by Herself, her Parents, or the Prince). One of her "flatmates" could actually be a bodyguard. But I do hope that they do not make themselves a target by clubbing till the wee hours of the morning----they could and probably should have their parties in private homes, for safety's sake and to avoid the ever present media.

Ok speaking of Leeds that leads me to another question. Has anyone seen the house that Chelsy is living in? With such a wealthy family I don't understand why she doesn't have nicer housing. The door looks like it has been thru the war and it looks very dingy and run down to me. I just wonder as I have never been to Leeds is this the best they could find for her.

That is also very true if she was in that much danger they would not be going out to clubs at all hours of the night so they don't find it as much of a threat as I would.

Good luck to them is all I can say. Thanks everyone for your views on a possible engagement.
Michelle

^^She probably just wants to blend, hence the normal student housing.

I've been thinking that if they really want to be married, it might be handled the same way that Maxima's marriage to the Prince of Orange was handled: her father won't be able to come to the wedding because of his ties to a dictatorial regime.

I could see him settling down before William but I don't know if it would be a good idea and furthermore I am not entirely sure it is still fully on with Chelsy.

And it also doesn't seem like she was as fully excepted by the family as Kate was/is...

I have a feeling Chelsy wouldn't stand for a wedding in which her father couldn't attend. I don't think Harry would either. They'd probably rather elope in Africa if that were the case.
But I've also never heard of the Royal Family not accepting Chelsy or her family due to that.

Not legally. If under 25, one has to get the Queen's permission. Once over 25, a royal must give one year's notice to the Privy Council, which allows Parliament to ban their marriage if they don't like it.

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions. Does anyone think Prince Harry would actually run off with Chelsy if it came to that?

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions. Does anyone think Prince Harry would actually run off with Chelsy if it came to that?

Yes, Harry is the kind that would do what his heart tells him first and then what his brain tells him later!

Yes, Harry is the kind that would do what his heart tells him first and then what his brain tells him later!

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when he was telling Granny what he'd done with the new Princess Chelsy.

As long as the Queen & Prince Philip have anything to say about it the wedding will be in England. However, I have no idea what Camilla (the future Queen) may do or should I say convince Charles to do. I really do thaink that the Queen Prince Phillips & Charles just want Harry to be settled and happy. However he may have to compromise 6-months in England, 6months in Africa (not bad).
Just please-------------------someone help Chelsy with her clothes and ditch the fake plastic jewelry

I doubt he's that rebellious. The price would be the loss of his royal rank and title and Parliament acting to remove him from the line of succession. There is no way the Government will entertain consenting to a marriage.

I doubt he's that rebellious. The price would be the loss of his royal rank and title and Parliament acting to remove him from the line of succession. There is no way the Government will entertain consenting to a marriage.

They consented to Camilla - a divorcee?

I don't think they would have to run off. There is nothing wrong with Chelsy apart from a little roughness around the edges that is only apparent in royal circles. She comes from a wealthy family, is a good student and apparently discreet. If she makes Harry happy, there will probably be no problem with her joining the RF.

I don't think they would have to run off. There is nothing wrong with Chelsy apart from a little roughness around the edges that is only apparent in royal circles. She comes from a wealthy family, is a good student and apparently discreet. If she makes Harry happy, there will probably be no problem with her joining the RF.

I agree. I dont see anything wrong with Chelsy. She may not be the perfect candidate but I dont see a problem with the Royal Family accepting her.

As a person, she might be acceptable. But I can see the government of the UK having a problem with a Royal bride who's father made a fortune from collaborating with a despot.

I agree. I dont see anything wrong with Chelsy. She may not be the perfect candidate but I dont see a problem with the Royal Family accepting her.

They may not like it, but in the end they most likely won't do anything about it. If Harry has the Queen's permission, then that's that. Perhaps the government would step in if it was William, but its not. It's very unfair to paint Chelsy with her father's brush. She can't help who he is. He also hasn't been proven to be guilty of anything. It is all merely speculation and inuendo at this point.

Having a father who has been associated with a corrupt politician didn't hurt Princess Maxima of The Netherlands. She has been a great asset to the Dutch RF and, from all accounts, the people seem to love her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom