Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't get any official announcement to say anything about either of the boys relationships.
Clarence House does not get involved with the boys personal lives.
That's not true. They do make statements from time to time.

From the top of my head:

• when they denied that William was dating Jecca,
  • when they denied that Charles had anything to do with William's split from Kate (after the Daily Mirror printed an article quoting Kate saying to her co-workers 'It's because of his daddy'),
  • when they denied that William had anything to do with Kate withdrawing from that charity rowing race,
  • when they denied that Kate was pregnant.
I'm sure there's more but when the story is very damaging to the reputation of the princes, they tend to react. I don't expect them to react to reports of mutual split thought, whether or not there is any truth to that.

Bla bla bla. If Chelsy and Harry split, what Chelsy would do at Ascot? Go for fun? Press is incredible - they say Chelsy will be partying in SA, and she have exam in UK and came at Ascot. Haha. But honestly, I imagine she will be in SA. I see that the only difference between me and tabloids is that they write their imaginations and speculations and sell it. Why nobody paid me for such funny articles? I'm journalist, what a problem. But, where are facts?

That's the thought that came to my mind as well. Why should she show up at Ascot if they had split? Of course she could do that to pretend that she isn't sad at all, but I doubt that.

There was nothing about this relationship that ever screamed...long term.

I believe it was the Daily Mail who tried to say Chelsy was having parties in SA and had invited Kate :rolleyes: and now they're changing their story since Chelsy showed up at Ascot (as she's in England for exams) and trying to spin it into a break-up story.

Now rumor has it they haven't split but she is thinking about/will be moving back to South Africa. I've always figured that would be what broke them up in the end, that she might, at some point, say "I have family, friends and a life where I get to use my education at home, why should I give it all up?"
If she did that, not only would I not blame her, but I'd respect her a great deal.

That story is also from a tabloid. I think we should wait and see before we assume anything as fact.

So they split?
I hope this isn't some concocted lie.

The last two times that Harry and Chelsy have split up there has been an announcement/statement from Clarence House, hence why I said what I said.

I just did a google search about the last split and every report says that CH refused to comment on the relationship. No confirmation or anything but a big 'no comment'. I suppose that could be an announcement/statement but it isn't what I would be counting as one.

Prince Harry, Chelsy Split This one refers to a 'royal source' saying that they are no longer an item but also says that CH refuses to comment on the relationship.

Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy split - Times Online
Again the ubiquitous 'source' but not an official statement from CH.

PRINCE HARRY AND CHELSY DAVY IN LOVE SPLIT | News Of The World Same thing - a 'royal source' but not an official announcement/statement from CH.

When did they produce statements to say that they denied to boat race and they denied to pregnancy. I have never read such statements.

Bla bla bla. If Chelsy and Harry split, what Chelsy would do at Ascot? Go for fun? Press is incredible - they say Chelsy will be partying in SA, and she have exam in UK and came at Ascot. Haha. But honestly, I imagine she will be in SA. I see that the only difference between me and tabloids is that they write their imaginations and speculations and sell it. Why nobody paid me for such funny articles? I'm journalist, what a problem. But, where are facts?

Why can't she go for fun?
Kate went to the races, I believe even Ascot after her and William split a while back. The press have every right to think she will be in SA with Harry, it is logical to assume that. To me it was a big surprise she was at Ascot, she has never attended before, or the press has never picked her up.

That's the thought that came to my mind as well. Why should she show up at Ascot if they had split? Of course she could do that to pretend that she isn't sad at all, but I doubt that.

Like I said, I do not see what the problem is with the notion that she can't go to such an event without being in a relationship with Harry.
But I do think the rumours are just that, a very very slow news day.

Now rumor has it they haven't split but she is thinking about/will be moving back to South Africa. I've always figured that would be what broke them up in the end, that she might, at some point, say "I have family, friends and a life where I get to use my education at home, why should I give it all up?"
If she did that, not only would I not blame her, but I'd respect her a great deal.

She won't be going back to SA anytime soon if she wants to fulfill that internship at Allen&Overy. That is something I would not turn down lightly just to return home.

Even wikipedia has it up that they have split.

In June 2010 the couple broke up again. Chelsy, 24, told friends yesterday: "We're finished. This is a new beginning for me. I want to start my career in South Africa where I plan to spend the rest of my life. I don't want to live in Britain." Chelsy sobbed her heart out to her last year too when she got tired of his playboy antics and dumped him. They have not been seen together in public since Harry got his helicopter pilot's wings on May 7. An insider said: "It was a gradual end to the relationship. It whimpered out."It's not practical with Harry's commitments to the Army and his family to be in a relationship with someone in a different country. It was an obvious time for a clean break. The spark is gone and she's focused on moving back to be where her heart lies." Our source added: "She was distraught when they split last year but it's different now. She knows she did everything to make it work."

I love the fact that the News Of The World has put "Chelsy told friends", which means that this information has come from someone who is low on cash and the papers are desperate.

They also go onto use, an insider, our source says.

I think they split, because she wasn't on the match England vs Algeria in Cape Town with Harry and William. Everyone knows she is in SA right now, and if the were together, they would have attended the game together....this is what I think, and makes sense to me.

I think they split, because she wasn't on the match England vs Algeria in Cape Town with Harry and William. Everyone knows she is in SA right now, and if the were together, they would have attended the game together....this is what I think, and makes sense to me.

I thought it was strange Chelsy not being there too.

Like I said, I do not see what the problem is with the notion that she can't go to such an event without being in a relationship with Harry.
But I do think the rumours are just that, a very very slow news day.

I agree with you and I see no problem for Chelsy going to such events without being in a relationship with Harry either.
I just meant it that way that I don't think she visits Ascot just after she has called it a day as this event is linked with the royal family and she knows that pictures will be taken. You should think that after such a long on/off relationship she would be rather upset etc. But she looked as happy as always, IMO.

However, who knows it? We will see.

If it's News of the World that is giving us this scoop about the break-up, I would suspect that the "friend" of Chelsy's is a fake sheikh.

Still, it puts into perspective some of Harry's comments this week about how he feels at home in Africa. But at the same time, he understands that his role is to support William. I fear that if Chelsy is feeling as homesick as these stories make her out to be, poor Harry will be facing some tough decisions if he wants to stay with her.

Everyone knows she is in SA right now.
Well evidently, she wasn't in S.A., and even if she were, there is absolutely no way Harry would bring his girlfriend to an official royal duty.
William is the presitent of the British FA and they are both members of the commity lobbying for England's bid to host the World Cup. I know it looked like they were just there for fun but it was an official event and Harry was there as HRH Prince Harry, not as Harry Wales.

Personally I don't believe that they have split, but only time will tell.

Actually we know that she wasn't in SA as she was at Ascot last week.
Royal romance in crisis as Chelsy Davy tells Prince Harry she pines for home | Mail Online

This article includes the photo of her at Ascot.

This is what, the 20th time those two have broken up? :rolleyes:

Frankly I wish they would. I have never thought that Chelsy Davy was good for Prince Harry.

Frankly I wish they would. I have never thought that Chelsy Davy was good for Prince Harry.

Same here.
I highly doubt they'll be together in the long run.

Actually we know that she wasn't in SA as she was at Ascot last week.
Royal romance in crisis as Chelsy Davy tells Prince Harry she pines for home | Mail Online

This article includes the photo of her at Ascot.

Ascot was on the 12th and the match event was on the 18th...how long does it take to get an airplane and go to SA? not long as I believe...anyway, I haven't seen here there in person, may be some people did...and as far as the sport even was only to be HRH represented...I doubt. Everyone can go there and represent what they like

Ascot was on the 12th and the match event was on the 18th...how long does it take to get an airplane and go to SA? not long as I believe...anyway, I haven't seen here there in person, may be some people did...and as far as the sport even was only to be HRH represented...I doubt. Everyone can go there and represent what they like

Ascot is a series of race meetings with the 15th being the first day and the 19th being the last.

The following link refers to her being their 'yesterday' and was posted on the 20th meaning that she was at Ascot for the Saturday meeting not one of the earlier days. Royal romance in crisis as Chelsy Davy tells Prince Harry she pines for home | Mail Online

That means that she was at Ascot while Harry was in SA at the soccer.

Keeping things in perspective... it would be awful if media speculation over his relationship with Chelsy overshadowed the work Harry is doing with Sentebale.

Keeping things in perspective... it would be awful if media speculation over his relationship with Chelsy overshadowed the work Harry is doing with Sentebale.

It will always overshadow things like that. Love and pretty women win over dying babies in a far-off land, unfortunately.

I don't think Chelsy and Harry are suited for the long-term. There is a lot of passion and excitement between them, partly fuelled by the uncertainty of their future together as well as physical attraction. But once they had settled down in marriage I think they would soon find their brains operated at very different levels. To put it bluntly, Chelsy is academic and Harry very much is not. :)

Somewhere in the back of my mind, a little voice is saying, Harry's girlfriend pines for home, what more of an excuse does he need to move to Africa?
Yes I know he has his obligations as prince, but if he doesn't really care for royal duties, only his excellent charity work, such a sentebale, he can do that without a title.

Plus the Daily Mail article mentions no split, just a crisis. I thought they would have been the first to jump on the bandwagon.

Also Harry is not short of cash - assuming he at least finishes his current contract with the army so as not to let them down, he could live in Africa with Chelsy and *still* make it over to the UK at his own expense any time he needs to perform some royal duties! In this day of rapid travel and communication, it's not like we'd be saying goodbye to him forever.

No they wouldn't, this was an official duty for the boys they would not have brought their girlfriends along to such a match.
Plus, she was pictured at Ascot this week.

The flight to Johannesburg is 11 and a half hours.
Of course you won't see her here in person, why would you? She's not likely to pop up in front of the newspapers every chance she gets.
How can you doubt something that is a fact, Chelsy as a girlfriend would not have been allowed to sit with the princes at the match. From what I can gather she left SA when William and Harry's official tour started.

Also Harry is not short of cash - assuming he at least finishes his current contract with the army so as not to let them down, he could live in Africa with Chelsy and *still* make it over to the UK at his own expense any time he needs to perform some royal duties! In this day of rapid travel and communication, it's not like we'd be saying goodbye to him forever.

I could see him coming over for the big events, Christmas, Trooping of the Colour and big birthdays etc. If he doesn't have a title, (because if he moves to Africa and still keeps his title, there would be an uproar), then he doesn't have to perform royal duties.

The problem is there are only two of them. I am not sure taking away his title and leaving us without a "spare" would be a good idea. And of course if he ever did need to step into William's shoes permanently, where would that leave his marriage?

Ok, all things considered, maybe it's best if they can both manage to move on. I do like Chelsy, but I am sure she won't be alone for long - nor he.

The problem is there are only two of them. I am not sure taking away his title and leaving us without a "spare" would be a good idea. And of course if he ever did need to step into William's shoes permanently, where would that leave his marriage?

Ok, all things considered, maybe it's best if they can both manage to move on. I do like Chelsy, but I am sure she won't be alone for long - nor he.

I disagree with you completely on the Chelsy thing. She seems to be the only girl for Harry and the only girl who has managed to tame him and make him realize what his passion is.
Depends when he decides to leave, if he finishes his army training etc, he won't be leaving for what 3-4 years?
It wouldn't leave us without a spare, because someone would step into his shoes if he did leave.
If he loses his titles, and succession rights, he won't have to step into Williams shoes, someone else would have to.

Ideally, William would hurry up and have his own heir/s! That would free up Harry completely :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom