Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting points made in earlier comments about the famous RING. If William does have it, I also really doubt whether it would be just passed onto Kate. In it's present state it is too soon and only invokes memories of a bad marriage, not a good sign. However as stated, it might be an idea to have the stones re-set into another style, though quite what you could do with a big sapphire and surrounding diamonds, I don't know, other than have it the shape it already is. I suppose we will all find out soon enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
The ring could be re-set into a necklace or bracelet. For either of the future wives of the boys.
As for the "suppose we will all find out soon enough" don't think either boy has plans of settling down, let alone re-setting there mothers engagement ring. :)

^^
I thought the same about the resetting of the ring, maybe a necklace for his future daughter ;)

... or perhaps just leaving it as it is as a memento of their mother. They both have the resources to buy as many necklaces as they want for the current and future women in their lives!

^^
That's also a possibility, but I don't think that it will be the future engagement ring for P.W's fiancee

I would hate for it to be locked away in some vault never to be seen again.
I like the idea of giving it to a future daughter. I think Diana would've liked that. However it should be kept in the main line of the family as it has too much historical significance to end up in a future granddaughter's family. Wasn't there a stipulation that even jewels given to Diana had to return to the Crown upon her death?

The discussion of Diana's wedding dress has been moved to the wedding thread.

I wouldn't have a problem with William's wife wearing Diana's engagement ring but I agree it should be reset as a necklace or bracelet, not worn as a ring. And she should probably wait awhile before wearing it to avoid criticisms.

Was Harry given any substantial jewelry pieces from Diana's collection?

When Harry & William get married the wedding will take place in London, regardless of anything?

If they marry already have official titles (eg Prince of blablabla, Duke of blablabla) this will influence the location (city and maybe even church, etc.) where the wedding will take place?

Yes, the weddings would take place in London. More than likely, William would marry at St. Paul's and Harry at Westminster, or they both could marry in the same church.

As to what dukedoms they might receive upon getting married, no I can't see that influencing where they marry.

Yes it will most likely take place in london, unless anything drastic happens.
No the title they recieve will not influence where they marry.

:previous: Well, I'd rather see Harry and Chelsy get married than William and Kate. :cool:

Was Harry given any substantial jewelry pieces from Diana's collection?
I don't think any other specifics were given. They mentioned that William acquired Diana's engagement ring because that was such an important piece, given the significance behind it.

:previous: Well, I'd rather see Harry and Chelsy get married than William and Kate. :cool:

Me too. But I think if Harry and Chesly were to get married, it would be a smaller ceremony with less fanfare, maybe even an elopement in Africa or something like that.

There's no way the King's son is going to elope to Africa to get married. I agree the ceremony will be smaller than William's, but he's about 99.9999999999999% certain to get married in London.

The only way he could get married in Africa, if he was no longer a Prince, or if the family moved to Africa and set up shop there. :ROFLMAO:
He will 99.9% get married in London. But yes I would rather see Harry and Chelsy marry than William and Kate. But I would rather see William marry someone else, than Harry marry chelsy.

I don't really understand the problem some people have with Chelsea. She seems committed to her education and well suited to Harry. Sure, she likes to party - but so does Harry!

Not many people have a problem with her, just her smoking IMO.
Since being at uni she hasn't really partied, and neither has Harry.

Do you think Harry and Chelsy will get married?

I seriously hope not. I doubt it'll happen anyway.

But yes I would rather see Harry and Chelsy marry than William and Kate. But I would rather see William marry someone else, than Harry marry chelsy.

I would rather see Harry and William marry someone else altogether:).

Chelsy seems to be a bright girl. I like that she did not stop her law school goals because a Prince entered her life.

The problem some people have with Chelsy is her father's connection with Zimbabwe's dictator, Robert Mugabe.

I do not remember if I read here at TRF, but I read somewhere that Chelsy said did not want to marry Harry.

I've never heard any real complaints or criticisms about Chelsy herself, only against her father. I used to like both Kate and Chelsy, but now I agree with everyone else that I would prefer Harry/Chelsy to get married over William/Kate.

Chelsy seems to be a bright girl. I like that she did not stop her law school goals because a Prince entered her life.
I agree. She also seems to be tough (doesn't let the press stop her either) and she doesn't put on false pretenses.

Me too. But I think if Harry and Chesly were to get married, it would be a smaller ceremony with less fanfare, maybe even an elopement in Africa or something like that.
How upset would the British public be upset if Harry did elope, or would they by upset?

We really really would be upset.
We pay for the royals, we want to see some fanfare at least on a small scale. Harry will get married in the UK, unless the windsors no longer reign. :)

^^
Would the marriage be valid?
If they don't have the approval of the queen, would he lose his rights?
And I doubt that the queen would accept an elopement

As he is over 25 there are two ways he can have a legal marriage.

1) He gets the permission of the Queen.
2) He doesn't get the permission of the Queen and then applies to parliament. After a year, if neither House of Parliament (Commons and Lords) objects he can legally marry.

He wouldn't lose his rights to the succession but his 'wife' wouldn't be entitled to use his titles such as HRH Princess Harry of Wales and any children wouldn't be in the line of succession.

So he could become King but his heir would still be Prince Andrew and down then to Beatrice even if he had half a dozen kids as the marriage wouldn't be legal.

^^
Thanks to both of you for the explanation. So he would be king without a queen even if he is married.:ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom