Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they are still a couple because I like Harry and he always looks soo happy with Chelsea. To me, these two are the better couple compared to Wills and Waity-Katy. Harry and Chelsea seem to be much more equal.... He has his military career plus royal duties and charities and she has an own life and a real job as well. Chelsea would be a great addition to the firm.

They are still a couple.
And Waity Katy is not her name it's Kate or Katherine.
And to be frank, William has a military career, charities and royal duties. Kate has her own job working with her parents, she goes on holiday the same amount of time as Chelsy does with her Prince.
Kate has it a lot harder than Chelsy.
This is all in my opinion of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Cecilie. As a couple Harry and Chelsea, despite their problems, are so relaxed and... normal. Although I prefer Chelsea over Kate, I believe Kate would fit in the royal mold easier. As others have already said, Chelsea has her own life and career. She doesn't seem like someone who would like having to be on call for royal duty 24/7. Also, Chelsea looks like she has a strong personality and style that is not discreet or modest lol. Who knows. Maybe Harry will never get married and just stay in a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship. I can see how he might try to avoid a royal wedding at all costs.

I think Chelsy had it a lot harder than Kate right from the beginning....Kate had the best possible start. Public liked her and press loved her. But through the years her image changed completely because people watched Kate closely....and there was nothing despite her smile for the paps. The girl never had a real job. She is in fact Lazy-Katie.
Chelsy had the worst reputation as party-girl, etc. They still write almost every month that she hates England and will leave. But Chelsy avoided the limelight and managed to do two degrees. Business and Law are nothing for dulls.
In the end both girls are jugded by their actions and that´s why Kate or Katherine doesn´t look good. She´s William`s girlfriend for about eight years, she had all the time to prove there´s more about her than shiny hair.... Her job is to keep herself looking good to become a princess. The real problem seems to be William...because he´s looking more and more like his father, with tooo many luxury holidays financed by the taxpayer. Most British people are proud of the Queen and Prince Phillip but who wants to pay for Waity-Kaity???
Think, Harry is now much more popular than his brother, the heir to the throne. He is on all the lists like "hottest man, coolest, best dressed,etc." while William isn´t. Harry seems to be the tougher guy, soldier, a man who is capable of handling a real women with an own life and career.
Anyway I wish all of them the best but I´m sure that Harry will marry a great women on day even if it´s not Chelsy.

Why did Chelsy have it hard it? The press liked her when they found her, I can't say for the entire UK public but I liked Chelsy. Kate has had it harder IMO because she is dating the next heir to the throne. Chelsy is dating the spare.
You have no idea what she has done in her life, she has been through college and university, and she has had a few jobs since leaving uni, we have been told that she is working for her parents at the moment and living with William in Anglessey.
Kate has been to both Marlborough College and St Andrews Uni, not hard places to get into, trust me. Avoided the limelight? She was pictured in nearly every paper on the front page walking out of a nightclub with Harry on a daily basis. That is your opinion that all she does is flash her hair smile and then she's going to get fast tracked to the palace, but that isn't the opinion of everyone else so don't state it as fact. Looking like his father? When was the last time William went on holiday? He was in SA on an official tour, before then he has been in training since Christmas. Now he is serving in Wales. All work thank you very much. He has stepped up his engagement since leaving University and he is working hard to keep his title.
Her name is not Waity-Katy it is Kate or Katherine. And who says the tax-payer is going to pay for her, but if she is going to become a Princess they would pay for. Because she has done nothing wrong.
Just because he is on the list for "Most Hottest" does not mean he is more popular than his brother, that means the teenage girls find him more attractive than his brother. A lot of people thinlk it is the other way round.
What career has Harry got? What own life has Harry got?
As for soldier, William is one as well and if your referring to Harry's stint on the front line, William will never ever been able to serve while he is son to the heir. He has expressed the desire millions of times.

Yeah they always write that Chelsy wants to go home, but we don't know if she actually wants to. I think the fact that she is staying in England is the sign that she doesn't want to be home just yet.

Yeah they always write that Chelsy wants to go home, but we don't know if she actually wants to. I think the fact that she is staying in England is the sign that she doesn't want to be home just yet.

When I read that most recent article is said that she is now living in SA but keeping her apartment in London not that she was still living in England.

Anyway, Chelsy is a smart girl who will always make her way.:)
Harry is more popular at the moment because most people like him better than his brother. And that´s not only in the UK.:flowers:
Many people believe that you can see the quality of a man in the choice of his woman...so no point for William and Charles. Sorry, think they´re great man who really work hard and did some great things (charities etc.) But when it comes to women it looks like average is too good for them. ;)

As of right now, Is Chelsy in Africa or England?

When I read that most recent article is said that she is now living in SA but keeping her apartment in London not that she was still living in England.

As of right now, Is Chelsy in Africa or England?

SA apparently, which is understanble if she is spending time with her family before started that internship.
Which article did you read it in Iluvbertie.

Anyway, Chelsy is a smart girl who will always make her way.:)
Harry is more popular at the moment because most people like him better than his brother. And that´s not only in the UK.:flowers:
Many people believe that you can see the quality of a man in the choice of his woman...so no point for William and Charles. Sorry, think they´re great man who really work hard and did some great things (charities etc.) But when it comes to women it looks like average is too good for them. ;)

Has there been a pole to say that he is more popular than his brother?
That decision is up to each person alone, I don't think you can speak for the entire world on that matter.
Kate and Camilla and Diana were and are extremely wonderful woman, who if and have done the british royal family and the country proud.

Chelsy Davy's pain as her Apache Prince heads for Arizona | Mail Online which said The couple are trying to make their on-off relationship work following Chelsy’s move back home to Africa.

and

Last week I revealed that Chelsy, 24, plans to live in Johannesburg, where she will take her law articles.
But despite the distance between them, the couple are determined to continue their six-year romance.
Chelsy is keeping the £1.5million flat in London’s Belgravia that her parents bought her, and she plans to make ­frequent trips back to see Harry.

Both of these quotes were in that article.

Thank you, but if she is moving permanently back to SA that means she will not do her internship in September?

Thank you, but if she is moving permanently back to SA that means she will not do her internship in September?

That same mail article says she intends on doing her articles in Johannesburg which I assume means that she won't be taking the internship in London.

SA apparently, which is understanble if she is spending time with her family before started that internship.

Has there been a pole to say that he is more popular than his brother?
That decision is up to each person alone, I don't think you can speak for the entire world on that matter.
Kate and Camilla and Diana were and are extremely wonderful woman, who if and have done the british royal family and the country proud.

Perhaps English is not this lady's first language? You seem to be giving her a very torrid time for merely expressing an opinion. :eek: Why not just say that you don't agree instead of demanding that she apply irrefutable evidence to satisfy you? And, it's quite obvious that this poster is not speaking 'on behalf of the entire world on that matter'. She doesn't even present herself as doing that.

Actually, I can see this lady's point quite well, without requiring evidence down to the minutiae. There exists anecdotal evidence that William is losing popularity and that Harry is more popular. But whether or not that is accurate is another matter; I guess it depends upon the source and how one defines 'popular'. William has been known as being stubborn, amongst other things. I have actually met William, personally, and I do like him on face value. But I still think Harry would be the more genuine of the two. It's just an opinion, of course. I'm not going to provide you with evidence of what is merely my opinion.

Lumutqueen, I find it very odd that, when 'defending' Kate you always attack other posters for acting like their opinions are facts but you're not above doing the same thing.
You have no idea what she has done in her life, she has been through college and university, and she has had a few jobs since leaving uni, she is working for her parents at the moment and living with William in Anglessey.
There is still no proof she is there on a full-time basis and the reports who claim she is are also the reports saying she has quit her job (a job we don't have any proof she still has, either), so how did you come to the conclusion that 'she is working for her parents at the moment and living with William in Anglessey'. Would that be, err... an opinion and you in fact don't have any idea what she is doing exactly?
Avoided the limelight? She was pictured in nearly every paper on the front page walking out of a nightclub with Harry on a daily basis.
That is simply not true.
Never mind that Chelsy has been either in S.-A. or in Leeds during most of her courtship with Harry so she would not physically be able to party non-stop with him. Even if you count the pictures that do exist of them exiting clubs, there are four times as much of William and Kate.
Looking like his father? When was the last time William went on holiday? He was in SA on an official tour, before then he has been in training since Christmas. Now he is serving in Wales. All work thank you very much. He has stepped up his engagement since leaving University and he is working hard to keep his title.
I agree totally with that part. That idea that the Wales boys don't have a real career because they have time out to do their royal duties or because they are only pictured during their leave is ridiculous.
They both work hard.
Just because he is on the list for "Most Hottest" does not mean he is more popular than his brother, that means the teenage girls find him more attractive than his brother.
It's a very shallow point to argue about but actually GQ, who named him coolest, isn't a teenybopper publication. And I don't think places like Huffington Post (among other adult websites) are run over by teenage girls either, and yet it seems to be the popular opinion over there that Harry is the more attractive of the two.
Let's be honest, very few women find balding heads and horsey looks the height of sexyness.
What career has Harry got? What own life has Harry got?
Is that a real question?
If so, I direct you to his wikipedia page, as well as to his current event threads in this very forum. Very informative.

Perhaps English is not this lady's first language? You seem to be giving her a very torrid time for merely expressing an opinion. :eek: Why not just say that you don't agree instead of demanding that she apply irrefutable evidence to satisfy you? And, it's quite obvious that this poster is not speaking 'on behalf of the entire world on that matter'. She doesn't even present herself as doing that.

Actually, I can see this lady's point quite well, without requiring evidence down to the minutiae. There exists anecdotal evidence that William is losing popularity and that Harry is more popular. But whether or not that is accurate is another matter; I guess it depends upon the source and how one defines 'popular'. William has been known as being stubborn, amongst other things. I have actually met William, personally, and I do like him on face value. But I still think Harry would be the more genuine of the two. It's just an opinion, of course. I'm not going to provide you with evidence of what is merely my opinion.

I don't say that, because IMO that is rude and I have asked the questions because I want the answers, and if the poster can provide answers that change my mind on this matter, then I welcome them.

I see the point that the poster is trying to make, what I was asking is where the point came from, like I said above if someone can change my mind I welcome it.
Oh yes I have read many a book about William and how he was incredible stubborn when he was a child, especially when it came to the paps. I've met both the wales boys, my mother has met Harry incredible briefly when he was little and they are both wonderful, they make the family proud. Now I was not asking the other poster evidence for their opinion, I was asking evidence for the information they were stating as fact. Because if it is a fact, there has to be evidence for it?

For instance

Harry is more popular at the moment because most people like him better than his brother.

The poster hasn't said anything about this statement being an opinion, they are stating it as fact, which is why I asked if there had been a pole to tell them this information? If there had I have missed it and would have liked to have seen it. :flowers:

Lumutqueen, I find it very odd that, when 'defending' Kate you always attack other posters for acting like their opinions are facts but you're not above doing the same thing.

Okay here we go i'm going to have to split this up because you've wrote a fair bit. If you think that I attack other posters when writing, then thats just the way I write things, and my apologies, I hadn't realised my writing came across in that way.

There is still no proof she is there on a full-time basis and the reports who claim she is are also the reports saying she has quit her job (a job we don't have any proof she still has, either), so how did you come to the conclusion that 'she is working for her parents at the moment and living with William in Anglessey'. Would that be, err... an opinion and you in fact don't have any idea what she is doing exactly? Oh please, what a pathetic lie.

Your right, there is no proof that she still works there for her parents, but would are we every actually going to find that out? This probably contradicts something I have said a long the lines.
Reporters have a habit on changing there minds when they think the mood of the country is altering IMO.
Ahh, that is my mistake, I meant to write that "We've been told that she is working for her parents at the moment, this is all we can go on", I realise that I have missed out a fair few words but I was typing quick and my head was only thinking about the words that stood out. There you have me. I have gone back an edited my post, I did this prior to noticing you replied to my post.

Never mind that Chelsy has been either in S.-A. or in Leeds during most of her courtship with Harry so she would not physically be able to party non-stop with him. Even if you count the pictures that do exist of them exiting clubs, there are four times as much of William and Kate.

Even when she was at leeds, she was picture out, perhaps not every night, but she was out. And before that when Chelsy was not at Leeds Uni, she was out with Harry a fair bit. I will try and find some articles.
Four times as much? Didn't know it was that many, and Harry is always the one who is called the party boy? Interesting.

I agree totally with that part. That idea that the Wales boys don't have a real career because they have time out to do their royal duties or because they are only pictured during their leave is ridiculous.
They both work hard.

Something positive about what I wrote, the assumption that all the boys, and both Chelsy and Harry do is party hard is wrong.

It's a very shallow point to argue about but actually GQ, who named him coolest, isn't a teenybopper publication. And I don't think places like Huffington Post (among other adult websites) are run over by teenage girls either, and yet it seems to be the popular opinion over there that Harry is the more attractive of the two.
Let's be honest, very few women find balding heads and horsey looks the height of sexyness.Is that a real question?

I didn't know that GQ named him the coolest, I have only ever seen the magazine on the selves, a lot of "teenybopper" newspapers over here have always talked about Harry being the sexiest, and when you watch events that the boys are at especially the James Bond premiere, I must admit there were a lot of girls screaming for Harry and not William. Horsey looks? I'd never thought William looked like a horse. :flowers:

If so, I direct you to his wikipedia page, as well as to his current event threads in this very forum. Very informative.

I may have interpretated what the poster wrote in the wrong way, but I thought he/she was saying that Harry had a career and a life out of the royal work that he does, that is why I asked. I am unsure if I am wrong as the poster is yet to reply. :)

I hope I wasn't too agressive, my apologies if I was.

^ I think the career being referred to is his military career. He did have to return to training after his stint on the front lines, but the purpose is to allow him to return to war. He balances his royal commitments, work with Sentebale and military career quite nicely, imo, for a 25yr old.

Well in that case, if the poster meant his military career, then William has one of those as well. He balances his royal duties just as well as Harry does.

Lumutqueen: ok, now I understand where you are coming from. Thank you; I didn't realise what your expectations were. Yes, I agree, it isn't a good idea to express one's opinions as facts. But, as I said, I just got the impression that English might not have been this lady's first language ... I could be wrong.

To extrapolate my other post in the other thread, whilst I do think Kate works, I believe it's only when she feels that she has the time and inclination. Why? Because she appears to have a lot of time on her hands to be at William's beck and call. Her family have allowed her to have years of not working and swanning around doing very little except to lead the "good life". Why would they change now and make her work like a trojan?

Plus, her past work record doesn't give me much confidence. Yes, a person's past often and usually does give a good indication of their future habits and conduct. Not too many people change in adulthood.

My writing can also be very matter of fact, so apologies in advance!

I think my post in the William and Kate thread, answered a few of your queries aswell.
That's a fair point, however we don't know that William asked her before they moved in together obv, he could say to her "Love, i'm coming home for the weekend have me a bath ready please dollface" and she could turn around and say "Nope, i'm off to party" if you know what I mean.

I'm not sure what you mean by her parents letting her not work for years? If i'm right, I think she has been working for her parents for a year or so, before then various other jobs that she never quite took with I believe.

Lumutqueen, you wrote a thoughfull and extensive answer. And no, you did not come off remotely agressive. I supose you do excactly what I do when discussing Harry or other royal that I like very much: you get passionate.
I certainly apologise for calling one of your point a 'pathetic lie'. That was nasty and unessecary (I edited my post).
Even when she was at leeds, she was picture out, perhaps not every night, but she was out. And before that when Chelsy was not at Leeds Uni, she was out with Harry a fair bit.
Yes, I never denied that. She was seen out with Harry on some w-e or during holidays, but they were hardly painting the town red.

My point, and I admit I did not make it clear, is that Chelsy has been just has 'discreet', if not more, than Kate. Kate was pretty pap friendly for a while while Chelsy has never engaged the paparazzi, and for any pictures of Chelsy on a night out I can pull four of Kate. So why is it that when somebody pointed out Chelsy's discretion, you answered:
Avoided the limelight? She was pictured in nearly every paper on the front page walking out of a nightclub with Harry on a daily basis.
It seemed to me you were trying to imply that Chelsy was courting attention, something you are always saying Kate does not.
If so, why the double standards?

Okay, this post may not be as extensive as the last because my mind is a little hazy.

I think what I was trying to say with my quote, you have now used twice, was not that she was courting attention, but that I have an altered image of Chelsy that she is not the kind of girl who shys away from something that's a challenge. Manage the paps is a challenge in my opinion. Does that make sense?

Kate IMO shys away from the paps because she's scared something is going to happen.

IMO, Kate plays the good girl so as not to upset William and thus risk the position to which she obviously covets. Her mother allegedly said as much ...

Chelsy, IMO won't play to suit anyone, which is not to say that I think it's always the best way to behave, either.

That idea that the Wales boys don't have a real career because they have time out to do their royal duties or because they are only pictured during their leave is ridiculous.
They both work hard.
It confounds me when people accuse them of not really having a military career or they're accused of spending way too much time vacationing. What? They don't take any more vacation time than other people who serve in the military.
I think they do a good job of balancing their careers with doing public duties. Most people don't have to do public duties in addition to working at their job.
Harry is on leave right now from training but so are the other trainees and he doesn't determine the training scedule.
Chelsy seems like a hard worker and a real go-getter to me.

What I think a lot of people question is how much time they spend training rather than actually serving in the military. It is years since they received their commissions and yet they are still training and not serving, except for Harry's short stint in Afghanistan. We know that they had to retrain from their original ideas but that just shows that the appropriate people didn't think through that side of their careers to start with, including the princes.

They can't help how long their training is required.
The only retraining was for Harry. Nobody could have known he would be ratted out while in Afghanista so obviously they've had to change their approach. It's not because they didn't think it through.

What I think a lot of people question is how much time they spend training rather than actually serving in the military. It is years since they received their commissions and yet they are still training and not serving, except for Harry's short stint in Afghanistan. We know that they had to retrain from their original ideas but that just shows that the appropriate people didn't think through that side of their careers to start with, including the princes.
No I don't think a lot of people question that.

. . . . . . . . I think what I was trying to say with my quote, . . . . . . . . . . was not that she was courting attention, but that I have an altered image of Chelsy that she is not the kind of girl who shys away from something that's a challenge. Manage the paps is a challenge in my opinion. Does that make sense?

Kate IMO shys away from the paps because she's scared something is going to happen.
I think your meaning is very clear and I concur. Chelsy has the necessary savoir faire needed to cope with such a high profile "other half's" baggage, namely the press and or public expectations.

She seems so totally comfortable in her own skin and is more likely to confront situations head on rather than pretend to be self-effaceing and ready to "disappear into the wallpaper" rather than be noticed or be perceived as (heaven forfend) publicity seeking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom