Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both William and Harry could die with out heirs and there would still be someone to sit on the throne. It’s best for someone to wait to have kids until they are truly ready for them, does not always happen but the best path to take.

What with aid of fertility treatments now a days and women having babies in mid to late 30's, 40’s and even some in their 50’s. I don’t think they have to worry as much as they might in say days gone by. More and more women are having baby’s what one would call late in life. Prince Victoria who just got married she's 32 (will be 33 next month) and the Swedish line of succession is far shorter then the British one. I think the boys are wise not to jump into marriage or fatherhood.

Even the Earl and Countess of Wessex have two children despite marrying later in life and having fertility problems. The fact that they were not under any pressure to get married and pop out heirs might have something to do with why they have the longest-lasting marriage of any of the Queen's children.

Now there are reports that the two have not split and that she is going to practice law in SA while Harry finishes his training... I hope this is the true report ...

hope so. In reality, she has nothing to do in England, while waiting for Harry. If they want to see each other, while he is off his duty, they can fly and meet in SA or UK or anywhere else The distance could be " very small" when someone has the money . And I also believe, if she wants to land up a good job, is not better place for that than SA. Probably her father has more connections there then in the UK

Yes, I agree I think if she landed a great job in UK all we would hear is how she used BRF to get it... but in SA it is better all children use their parents for jobs..

^I think if she stayed in the UK she would get some criticism but most of it would just be baseless and would not ultimately stick.

People keep bringing up Sophie as a example why royal consorts can't hold jobs but I find this argument to be weak.
Sophie was in the PR business, a profession where your work tools are your rolodex and your connections. It's all about 'who you know'. So of course she was using her Royal connections (and got rightfully criticised for it), that's what her whole business was about.

But Chelsy is in a profession where you are judged based on skills, not connections. She got her qualifications because she worked hard and did well at all her exams. And in her profession she will never win cases by name-dropping. The royal clout might open some doors for her but she'll be on her own from that point on.
She isn't a criminal lawyer either so is very unlikely to get into very controversial situations (like having to defend a pedophile, for example).

Imo, it's not a problem for royal girlfriends and consorts to hold jobs as long as those are jobs where you build a career based on objective skills.
PR was clearly unsuitable, but business law is perfectly fine.

It seems that Chelsy wants to do something productive with her life, rather than just sit around doing nothing, waiting for Harry to propose. I admire her for that

Well, it sucks they broke up but if it wasn't meant to be and it wasn't going anywhere, better find that out now than after a wedding and a couple kids. Now they both have the opportunity to do what they want, and pursue other interests. No harm in that. I wish them both the best.

very sad

I think it has been a real struggle for Chelsy, and I feel very sorry for her and Harry, because Harry must feel like crap.... I mean, she hates the publicity and having people recognize her as his girlfriend, because she wants to build a career in law that is based on her abilities. It's perfectly understandable that she feels like that. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be much better in SA. Is she going to work in CT? Isn't it considerably smaller than London? And there are people in CT who probably have known her through her family for her whole life. I'm sure she is every bit as much "Harry's girl" in CT as in London.
Besides, if she is committed to her work and studies, it won't matter. People will see beyond the "Harry's girl" facade quickly if she is genuinely committed and accomplished in her work. She can't work around this. She just has to deal with it. It's not going away.

I am sad for Harry too. I'm sure he wishes he could be someone else or do something else in order to be with Chelsy. It's been obvious how much they love each other for some time now. Why else did they return to each other after breaking up before? Why did they stay together and try to make it work despite their aggravations with the media? It's because they fell in love. You don't just get over a love like theirs overnight.

If Harry truly loves her and doesn't want to lose her, I guess he should propose. But........ he could propose, but.... would she accept? Would she choose her prince or her career?

I wish she would choose him. But..... I doubt I have a vote..... :D

It takes a special kind of woman to put up with the baggage that comes with royalty. Especially someone who is as widely recognized as Harry. If it really is over between them I'm sure they'll be great friends in the future and hopefully they find someone that will make incandescently happy.

according to most of the articles, Chelsy split with Harry because, Harry will not propose to her before his brother does and she is tired of the wait. And according to the same news sources, William will propose soon to Kate, therefore, Harry can propose as well after his brother does and Chelsy doesn't have to wait as long. It makes no sense. The reason for their split must be something else....and of course, those are all speculation of the paparazzi

I've read nothing like that.
I'll i've read is that Chelsy wants to go home.

Stories such as these are far more juicier than stories of her wanting to build a career. And I hope all goes well. You don't work your butt off in law school to never use your degree. Can't say I really blame her.

Last edited by a moderator:
according to most of the articles, Chelsy split with Harry because, Harry will not propose to her before his brother does and she is tired of the wait. And according to the same news sources, William will propose soon to Kate, therefore, Harry can propose as well after his brother does and Chelsy doesn't have to wait as long. It makes no sense. The reason for their split must be something else....and of course, those are all speculation of the paparazzi

Can you post some links to these articles as all I have read is that she wants to live in SA and have here career and Harry's future is in Britain and the army.

Yes, I agree I think if she landed a great job in UK all we would hear is how she used BRF to get it... but in SA it is better all children use their parents for jobs..
Why should she need any connections to get a job? She has a good education and seems like a smart girl. I don't see why she couldn't get a job on her own.

Just an observation. Prince Henry is smiling in all photos of him since the suppose breakup. So either he is a good actor like his mother, Princess Diana of Wales was and other Spencer relatives or there is no breakup. I think there is no breakup, but maybe a change in plan for Ms. Davies. They had a long distance relationship before. Why not again until the Prince makes up his mind to marry.:flowers:

I think that, if there has indeed been a break-up, it has been over something major. Members of the RF are very good at covering up their emotions in public. They only things that they're "allowed" to weep over are deaths of close family members. And even then, they're not apt to show much emotion when cameras are around. I think that it's engrained into them that they have to be "up" for all engagements and do the job regardless of how they feel.

I believe it wasn't a break up "over the phone ". Most likely it happened before Harry's trip to Africa. According to this, Chelsy is hiding her emotions as well, not only the members of the royal family.

I just don't believe two people who broke up recently would look that good in public. I don't think they are broke up-I am going with my gut on this.:flowers:

Sometimes when you break up with someone, it can manifest a sense of a relief. Perhaps there were issues, perhaps they just came to realize that the direction they both were headed wasn't the same. When Madeleine and Jonas broke off their engagement, she was out socializing with friends, gallivanting around the US......doesn't mean she wasn't hurt by the break-up, just that perhaps seeing what kind of man he really was, the decision to end the engagement might have been easy to make and she was glad that it was over.

You can't judge anything from a picture.

I remember Princess Madeline was devastated and her photos show her unhappy. There was also talk of her not finishing her engagements in America. I don't know if she did. Also, that she was going to not attend some of the wedding events, but she did. So you can see things from a photo.:flowers:

I said you can't judge things from a photo. There's a difference between seeing something and interpreting something. I can look at a picture of a woman standing on a street corner smiling, but that's all I see. I don't know why she's smiling. Maybe she won the lottery. Maybe she just got a job after being unemployed for several years. Maybe she just found out she's having a baby. Maybe she just killed a cheating lover. Who knows. The point is, just that picture alone doesn't tell the whole story, other than a woman is standing on the corner smiling.

I said you can't judge things from a photo.

No you can not judge most of the time from photos. But Princess Madeleine in her photos from America looked devastated and then we had reports on her dealing with the break up. Princess Diana and Prince Charles in the 1990's started to show in photos their dissatisfaction with each other. So Sister Morphine even the royals show sometimes their feeling in photos.

I think we have to disagree to agree in what a person judges from a photo.:flowers:

I am going with my gut feeling and it is not over with Prince Henry and Ms. Davies.

You know whats funny to me? Reading some of the posters comments on how in love Harry and Chelsy are. My question is "how in the world do you know how in love they are?" I'm sorry but pictures can lie...

We do not know their feelings for one another. To me it seems like Harry likes her a lot, but I don't see Harry being head-over-heels in love with her! I think if we quit being so biased we would see that.

I don't know much about their relationship but I do know that Harry lives in England and Chelsy lives in SA...that sounds like a long distance relationship to me. I know from experience that long-distance relationship do not work. They "can" work but it takes a whole lot of effort, and I mean a whole lot of effort, on both parties.

I read an article today in which William said how free-spirited Harry is. Will said when Harry wants to do something he puts his whole heart in it. Maybe Harry's "whole heart" isn't in the relationship. He does seem enamored with Sentebale. Chelsy on the other hand is so work driven. She's at the time in her life where she wants something for herself. She probably wants to be known as Chelsy Davy not Harrys girlfriend.

Bottom line, their both really young. I don't feel sad for either of them because I'm sure in the future they'll both find somebody they truly love and care about and will jump over hurdles to be with them.

Exactly. This relationship has always seemed dramatic and volatile to me. Harry strikes me as a man who's passionate about whatever he does, and he might need a woman who's as passionate about common interests as he is.

You know whats funny to me? Reading some of the posters comments on how in love Harry and Chelsy are. My question is "how in the world do you know how in love they are?" I'm sorry but pictures can lie...

People can hide their feelings in photos. But I mention in earlier post some situations when royal feelings came across in photos. I am voicing my opinion and others can voice theirs. We can agree to disagree. We don't know for sure if Prince Henry and Ms. Davies have split. I just think we have not heard the end to this couple's relationship.:flowers:

People can hide their feelings in photos. But I mention in earlier post some situations when royal feelings came across in photos. I am voicing my opinion and others can voice theirs. We can agree to disagree. We don't know for sure if Prince Henry and Ms. Davies have split. I just think we have not heard the end to this couple's relationship.:flowers:

No, I wasn't disagreeing with what you were saying.
I was talking about the posters who think they are absolutely sure about the situation. They look at a photo and think the couple is so in love, but photos can lie. A couple can "look" in love on a photo, but behind closed doors they could be far from love. Like what you said about Madeleine. A lot of people saw a girl partying, but I too saw the hurt on her face. Hope I explained it right:flowers::flowers:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom