Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Harry spends most of his time at the base in Shropshire doing his training he is hardly living in London ...
Harry isn't training in Shropshire any more. He transferred to another base.

you know to think of it harry it raveling this year but if chelsy brought a house they prob will move in togther after the traveling
I doubt Harry and Chelsy are living together (or will any time soon) and that story was from a tabloid (although I don't remember which one). I also don't think he'll travel with Chelsy. I don't see how he could. He may meet up with her on a weekend here and there, but he couldn't possibly do any extensive travelling.

ok.thats nice.chelsy wedding won't be as covered as wills and kate but heck bet u a fine penny her dress will be smokin
I'm sure Chelsy's dress would be, er, smokin. :lol:
So would Chelsy go with a traditional, somber dress or something frilly and fufu, or elegant, or wild and original? I wonder what kind of dress she would wear. She doesn't seem the traditional type, but you never know....

Harry isn't training in Shropshire any more. He transferred to another base.
You are right - he is in Hampshire, which I knew and forgot but the point remains - he and William can't be sharing a house any more as they are training on different bases in different parts of the Kingdom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys think Harry would or could have a 'private' wedding at a smaller church if he really wanted to. I know William never could but what about Harry? Everyone keeps naming the same churches: St. Paul's, Westminster, Windsor. I'm not familiar with the other churches in England, but what if he wanted it at another church, still a big church but perhaps not as grand as the ones named? With the Queen being thrifty lately, would it be a possibility?
Oh I don't think Harry could ever get away with a private wedding. Not with him being the son of the next King. Besides, then we'd miss out on watching a lovely royal wedding. And no one puts on a royal show better than the Windsors. :D

So would Chelsy go with a traditional, somber dress or something frilly and fufu, or elegant, or wild and original? I wonder what kind of dress she would wear. She doesn't seem the traditional type, but you never know....
I can't even imagine what type of dress Chelsy would wear. She doesn't strike me as the traditional type. I could see her wearing something a bit different, but still tasteful. Certainly not anything frilly, she doesn't seem like the frilly type. But like you said you never know.

Do you think Harry could (if wanted) to get married in private in the style of the wedding of Princess Caroline of Monaco with Stefano Casiraghi?

And if Harry and/or William if see this situation with to-be-wife early pregnant how do you think would be the style of their marriage?

Harry could only get married in a low key ceremony, if he was not a prince, or if it was his second time. In my opinion.
Depending on how far gone the fiancee or girlfriend was, and if they were engaged or not.
Fiancee and only a few months gone, would probably be just as lavish as if she weren't pregnant. Any further than 6 months, and i personally wouldn't want to get married, i'd wait until the baby was born. :)

If the couple, weren't engaged and the girlfriend fell pregnant, then it's up to them, I wouldn't think William or Harry would be silly enough to marry just to keep the baby in line for the succesion, if they didn't feel they were ready for marraige, because that could turn out worse. :ermm:

^^
But if he wants that his child has succession rights he must be married to the mother before he/she is borned, no? So he couldn't wait until the child is borned to get married :ermm:

lumutqueen, I'm talking specifically if William and Harry are in the same situation the Princess Caroline of Monaco is found in marriages with Stefano Casiraghi & Prince Ernst of Hanover.
Eg. They are in a serious relationship with a woman and she just gets pregnant. Do you think William and Harry would simply act like Caroline would mark the date for the wedding and invite family & friends and happen ceremony in the palace, and would make official photos right and resolved!???

How do you think William & Harry would act if they see the same situation as Caroline?

One more question: what you think would have for the reactions of The Queen, Prince Philip & Prince Charles?:lol:

Do you think Harry could (if wanted) to get married in private in the style of the wedding of Princess Caroline of Monaco with Stefano Casiraghi?

And if Harry and/or William if see this situation with to-be-wife early pregnant how do you think would be the style of their marriage?
Didn't Caroline only have civil ceremonies and not church weddings? I don't think this would go over well with the British public no matter what the circumstances especially with the monarchy's close association with the church.

I think Chelsy would certainly wear something appropriate. Doesn't the Queen inspect the dress before the wedding? I remember reading that the queen saw Diana's dress after it was finished and before the wedding. Would the prince's brides need to have the queen's approval for the style of dress or would they have free reign?

The Princes will have church weddings, particularly William as he is the future Supreme Governor of the Church of England.

I think if they knew they were pregnant before any engagement was annouced they would still have a church wedding but it would be a lower-key one than otherwise due to the time constraints and the need to have a dress that would be appropriate.

I do think that they would be being very careful for that very reason - not wanting to be 'forced' into a marriage due to a pregnancy. It could possibly backfire e.g. Kate decides to force William to officially propose by getting pregnant it could actually convince him that she isn't the one for him and tell her that he won't marry her. I am not saying he would do that but that he might.

William and Harry would not act that Caroline, IMO. The Monanesque royal family, is very different to the British one.
They would act as I said before, depending on how far gone the woman in question was.
I think they would all understand that things like this happen, but I think they would be slightly disappointed and worried about the outcome. Say Chelsy got pregnant, and Harry nor Chlesy wanted to marry, but they wanted to have the baby. That child would have no succesion rights, how would The Queen feel about her first great-grandchild being illegitamate?

But if he wants that his child has succession rights he must be married to the mother before he/she is borned, no? So he couldn't wait until the child is borned to get married :ermm:
Yes he must marry for the child to be in line for succesion. But if Harry/William doesn't feel that it is the right time to marry, he shouldn't marry just because there is a child on the way.
That could ruin, is relationship with the woman carrying his child, and if they divorce when the child is older, that could leave the child scarred.
It is possible, perhaps that if occured for William, when he became King, he could change the succession laws, the include this child. But that here nor there. :ermm:

Just a note - William can't change the succession laws (or any monarch for that matter).
It is only Parliament that can change the succession laws.

Allowing for an illegitimate child to inherit wouldn't be possible for one child alone but would have to allow any child to inherit. What if William already has a child and the mother has never told him, or they have broken up but are on good enough terms that she hasn't made a fuss (and he has some very close friends where I can see that situation as a possibily in theory) then a law like you suggest would see that mother come forward and claim that her child has a better claim being older.

I think that if Kate or Chelsy were to find themselves inconveniently pregnant before a wedding was announced there could very well be an abortion rather than a forced marriage or an identifiable illegitimate child.

Couldn't William ask parliament to change the laws, for this possible child if he every found him in that situation?

Couldn't William ask parliament to change the laws, for this possible child if he every found him in that situation?

However it isn't a simple as changing it for one child. It would have to be for all illegitimate children in order of birth so what if there is an unknown child out there whose mother isn't sure about the father - she could cause all sorts of problems by claiming that her child is William's and then there would have to be DNA etc and done publicly.

Would it also have to apply to other titles etc?

The royals are very careful with having any laws debated in Parliament about them as they could very well see parliament turn the debate into a debate about the very existence of the royal family.

By insisting on the child coming within wedlock it makes the succession clear.

Just because we all think that William doesn't have an illegitimate child out there what about in the future? How many people knew that Albert of Monaco had illegitimate children until some years ago (suspected isn't the same as knowing).

No, William and Harry would not act that Caroline, IMO. The Monanesque royal family, is very different to the British one...
Well, but you will agree with me that if Harry & Chelsy or Kate & William or William & Harry with other girlfriends in this situation and resolve not to marry will be a full plate for the tabloids.

Sincerely (hypothetically speaking) if Chelsy become pregnant (of Harry), they resolve not to marry, I think she should raised this child in South Africa or a country like Switzerland. Because honestly if she gets pregnant and they do not marry, I would be so sorry for their child be raised in England to the delight of the tabloids!

But let's say that William and/or Harry to meet this situation with his girlfriend pregnant and decide to marry as would be the style of their marriage? Because I think it would not have much time to organize THE TRUE ROYAL WEDDING with all royalty attending etc.

If they marry these circumstances, do you think the marriage would be televised, it would have full royalty attending, what would the church etc?

I'm sure even the tabloids could understand that, they weren't marrying because they weren't ready.
Chelsy/Kate or any other girlfriend who didn't raise the child in england, would be heavily criticised. Having a child with a royal, would guarentee the person royal protection to the probable standard of being married to one.

It would be a rushed wedding, maybe a low key church wedding, then a bigger wedding when the couple had had the baby, perhaps. Or if the royal organisers went into overdrive, they may manage to pull off a full blown royal wedding, before the bride was too far gone. If they married, in london, in a reasonably sized church, the wedding would be televised. Don't think the country, nor the press would allow it not to be watched.

I suppose he could make a request but in all likelihood the baby would be born by the time a vote could take place.

If Kate or Chelsy were pregnant before the engagement they could still get a full-sized royal wedding together in a couple of months as these sorts of things are in the planning stages constantly.
Look at how quickly they put together Diana's and the Queen Mum's funerals with processions etc.

These things are constantly planned and with the ages of William and Harry a lot of the planning is also done now.

They would need the obvious - dress etc (the boys are fine - dress uniforms), which church and television rights but again that isn't hard to get together - look at Diana and the Queen Mum's funerals again where television rights were organised within a week.
Inviting people - so they mightn't get the Heads of State but other royals would be there and the Ambassadors of the Heads of State.

Some light-weight, possibly completely made-up gossip from Katie Nicholls:

There’s renewed trouble in Prince Harry’s Royal circle after his girlfriend Chelsy Davy made up with her best friend Bubble.The Prince and his friends had snubbed Bubble, real name Olivia Perry, suspecting the 25-year-old of leaking stories about him and Chelsy.
But now Chelsy, 24, has extended an olive branch to Bubble which has not gone down well with Harry’s close pal Julz Erleigh, his girlfriend Davina Harbord and her sister Astrid.[...]

That article doesn't mention that Harry has a problem with this Bubble person, it only says that he hasn't gone down well with his "close" circle of friends.
I don't think Katie Nicholls, likes Chelsy all that much to be honest.

I am not sure if Kate Nichols likes or dislikes the royals...it looks like her main focus is to stir up dirt. And it doesn't matter if its true or not....the Palace is only going to respond to the most outlandish comments.

if Harry and/or William if see this situation with to-be-wife early pregnant how do you think would be the style of their marriage?
Oh dear, let's just hope this never happens.:ohmy:

I wouldn't think William or Harry would be silly enough to marry just to keep the baby in line for the succesion, if they didn't feel they were ready for marraige, because that could turn out worse. :ermm:
I agree with you. It would be foolish for any girl to try to become pregnant in order to force the prince to marry her. I think it would backfire on her and it would constantly be a shadow over her head. She would never know if he married her because he had to or if he really did want to. Not to mention the press would always bring it up.

Well, but you will agree with me that if Harry & Chelsy or Kate & William or William & Harry with other girlfriends in this situation and resolve not to marry will be a full plate for the tabloids.

Sincerely (hypothetically speaking) if Chelsy become pregnant (of Harry), they resolve not to marry, I think she should raised this child in South Africa or a country like Switzerland. Because honestly if she gets pregnant and they do not marry, I would be so sorry for their child be raised in England to the delight of the tabloids!
The tabloids, being as they are, would have a field day either way. And they would more than likely find out even if Chelsy or whoever raised the child elsewhere. The tabloids are not known for their understanding and kindness so I'm sure they make fodder out of situation and overdramatize it. They would definately get lots of stories out of it.

If they found out about the pregnancy early enough (and these days you can find out in a few weeks) they would probably quickly put together a nice royal wedding and televise it like usual and not say anything about the pregnancy until after the wedding so that it doesn't mar the ceremony. As Iluvbertie said these events are mostly planned out ahead of time so it wouldn't be difficult to do. I'm not sure if many royalty would be able to come on short notice. They would need to have the wedding within 3-4 months before the bride started showing her bump.

I think Chelsy would certainly wear something appropriate. Doesn't the Queen inspect the dress before the wedding? I remember reading that the queen saw Diana's dress after it was finished and before the wedding. Would the prince's brides need to have the queen's approval for the style of dress or would they have free reign?
I didn't realize the Queen had to approve Diana's dress. I suppose it makes sense. Afterall it would be an awful thing on the day of the wedding for the bride to walk down the aisle in a peacock looking dress or some other horrid creation to the astonishment of the guests and embarrassment to the royal family. However, I would think the Queen would want to look at the drawings of the dress in the beginning. Otherwise if they finished it and the Queen thought it was too awful for words then they'd have to start all over.
On the other hand, how strict would the queen be? It is a matter of personal taste/style isn't it? Or perhaps she would allow the bride to wear whatever she wanted, within reason.

I'm sure the queen would be OK with whatever the bride chooses so long as it's within reason and not some rainbow colored monstrosity of a dress that will cause her and the whole church to faint due to the lack of taste.

:previous: Yeah but everyone on the fashion forum would sure have fun with it. :lol:

I can't remember .. who got Diana's sapphire engagement ring ....William or Harry ???????????????

William got the ring. I read an article in the Mirror at the time of her death (take it for what it's worth) that Charles told the two boys to take anything of hers they wanted and William took the ring. So it is presumably, still in his possession. Should he become engaged to Kate, I doubt he'd use that exact same ring, but he might have the stones taken out and put into a new setting, which I think would not only be beautiful, but a nice tribute to his mother.

I am not sure if Kate Nichols likes or dislikes the royals...it looks like her main focus is to stir up dirt. And it doesn't matter if its true or not....the Palace is only going to respond to the most outlandish comments.
I agree Zonk. It's rare for the palace to make any responses to what's being put in the press. The last time they had to make a statement is when the Middleton's were suing that photographer for taking pics of Kate playing tennis. They were trying to link the Royal's to the situation and the palace flat out denied any involvement with the situation.

I think Katie Nicholls is just frustrated at not having any real info. on the royals. ;)

If they found out about the pregnancy early enough...
If they had a quickie wedding it wouldn't matter if they waited until after to announce the pregnancy, the press would pick up on the fact that it was such a short engagement.
How long is a normal engagement, 6 months or 8 months? I don't remember how Charles and Diana's was?
I'm sure the queen would be OK with whatever the bride chooses so long as it's within reason and not some rainbow colored monstrosity of a dress that will cause her and the whole church to faint due to the lack of taste.
Some would say Diana's dress was a monstrosity. :ermm:

Charles and Diana, Andrew and Sarah both announced their engagments in February, if my fading memory serves correctly and they married in July so about 6 months from engagement to ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom