Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsy doesn't appear to not like the press from these shots. Idriel, I respect your opinions, but please don't refer to members as ignorant.:flowers: We all have our views.:flowers:

Prince Harry is to be promoted to captain after serving just under five years in the Army – in a move that could help cement his relationship with Chelsy Davy.
Friends say his additional responsibilities could prompt the sometimes wayward Royal to curb his partying and consider settling down with his on-off girlfriend of five years.
A source said: ‘Harry will be made a captain

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1241943/Captain-Harry-settle-Chelsy-Army-promotion-prove-turning-point-Prince-s-relationship.html#ixzz0cAGRCxZO

Prince Harry is to be promoted to captain after serving just under five years in the Army – in a move that could help cement his relationship with Chelsy Davy.
Friends say his additional responsibilities could prompt the sometimes wayward Royal to curb his partying and consider settling down with his on-off girlfriend of five years.
A source said: ‘Harry will be made a captain

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1241943/Captain-Harry-settle-Chelsy-Army-promotion-prove-turning-point-Prince-s-relationship.html#ixzz0cAGRCxZO

How on earth can you relate becoming a captain in the army, and flying an apache helicopter to a relationship.
Harry has been in the army for 5 years and he still parties, a promotion I don't think is going to change this habit.

Chelsy doesn't appear to not like the press from these shots.
That would be a first! She always looks miserable/annoyed in paparazzi shots.
One picture looks at first like she is smiling directly at the camera when she's probably looking at the same thing her father is, and that's not the camera.
Idriel, I respect your opinions, but please don't refer to members as ignorant.:flowers: We all have our views.:flowers:
Poor choice of word indeed. It came off aggressive.
What I meant is that I expect members of this forums to be more informed about the subjects under discussion the average population.

Also, while the suitability of Harry ongoing partying is a matter of debate, the fact that he does that on his time off from the military is not.

How on earth can you relate becoming a captain in the army, and flying an apache helicopter to a relationship.
It must be frustrating for the princes when every time they do something or accomplish anything all the press talks about is their private life. "Oh Harry's being promoted to Captain so that must mean he's getting married and settling down." :rolleyes:

So far Harry doesn't seem to have joined Chelsy in Mauritius. We'll see.

I like and admire Chelsy, but I wonder if she would be up to the task of actually joining the Royal Firm

It's a shame she smokes. I wonder if she caused Harry to start smoking again because didn't he quit last year?
It's hard to say. It is difficult to keep from smoking when you're around someone who smokes. But we don't know that it's Chelsy's fault. Quitting smoking is a very difficult thing to do no matter what. Hopefully he'll quit again. :flowers:

Haha - do they really expect us to believe that Chelsy's parents are giving Prince Harry and Chelsy a hard time about smoking?

Haha - do they really expect us to believe that Chelsy's parents are giving Prince Harry and Chelsy a hard time about smoking?

I don't see why not.

Many parents give their kids a hard time about things - even when the kids are grown, have left home and even have kids of their own.

With what we know about the effects of smoking I could well believe that Chelsy's parents might be giving her, and by extension her boyfriend, a hard time about smoking.

Who cares if she smokes. If it weren't for Harry no one would care for chelsy at all. I do hope Harry will open his eyes and see she's not the one for him. (My opinion)

And how would the Daily Mail know any of this? I still haven't seen any pictures of Harry in Mauritius.

I haven't been able to warm to Chelsy either, and I'm not entirely sure why.:ermm:

Who cares if she smokes. If it weren't for Harry no one would care for chelsy at all. I do hope Harry will open his eyes and see she's not the one for him. (My opinion)

I haven't been able to warm to Chelsy either, and I'm not entirely sure why.:ermm:

I don't have any problems with Chelsy but I don't really see her being able to settle into being the wife of a senior royal and the goldfish bowl existence that that entails - a bit like Sarah - too independent to give up her own ambitions and spend her life cutting ribbons and being criticised for her clothes.

I agree with your assessment, Iluvbertie. At times, she seems to be torn between wanting to be with Harry and disliking the Royal lifestyle. At least, that's the impression that I've gotten.

I don't have any problems with Chelsy but I don't really see her being able to settle into being the wife of a senior royal and the goldfish bowl existence that that entails - a bit like Sarah - too independent to give up her own ambitions and spend her life cutting ribbons and being criticised for her clothes.

Would Chelsy not be allowed to keep her job as a lawyer if she married Harry?

She could try to keep her job, but she'd have to be careful as to the work she'd be involved in as to avoid any hint of Royal influence. The Royal Family tried the being Royal and holding a career with Edward and Sophie, but it went down in flames for both. Even though Chelsy is not married to the heir to the Throne, she would be expected to make Royal appearances, if not, I can see the public and press grumbling about her not "doing her Royal duty." She would be an immediate family member and married to third in line until William has children. Unlike the minor Royals, it seems to me that it's very hard to be independent and have a career in the main Family.

Would Chelsy not be allowed to keep her job as a lawyer if she married Harry?

It would be very difficult - she could of course become the Royal Family's own lawyer but she would have to be careful about who her clients were to avoid any chance of being seen to be supporting one side of politics or the other.

Chelsy must not dislike England as much as was reported if she's wanting to establish a career in London. Surely there are good law firms in South Africa if she really disliked England.

Chelsy must not dislike England as much as was reported if she's wanting to establish a career in London. Surely there are good law firms in South Africa if she really disliked England.

Has it ever been said that she doesn't like england?

There was a discussion about it a little while ago in this thread about how she might cause Harry to move to South Africa.

There was a discussion about it a little while ago in this thread about how she might cause Harry to move to South Africa.

Wasn't it in connection with the fact that she didn't want to be a princess, not that she didn't like england.

I think the concern for Chelsy is that she is a bright young woman with a fabulous career a head of her, and there is some concern that she might not want to give it up or if she did, she would regret it later.

I have said it before that I don't think Chelsy is right for Harry...because it appears that she hates the attention that goes along with dating a Royal. In addition, I don't think she dislikes England but I don't think she loves it. If you had to choose between sunny and warm Africa and sunny, rainy and now snowy England who would you choose? She had to like it somewhat or love Harry a lot to choose school in England. I am sure there are excellent law schools in Africa. Plus she can be Chelsy in Africa and in England she is the girl who dates Harry and every aspect of her life is open for discussion. As people have said about Kate, if she can't handle it now its not going to get better.

It will be like Sarah and Diana all over again hopefully with a better ending. As the wife of the son of the future King and brother of a future King, she will be expected to do royal duties. And she will be constantly compared to William's wife....whether its Kate or not.

Last edited:
:previous: No its not. And let's not talk about the Diana comparisons that both women (whoever they are) will have to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom