General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The money would be looked after by his trustees and advisors... but its not going to pay for a house like the one he's living in, or security, or life in LA. I dont know what money Meghan made from her work, but again its unlikely to be enough to fund their lifestyle.

She still makes money from her work (and she's done bits and pieces of things besides the TV show). Royalties from other things plus Suits give her income along with whatever else she made previously.

LaRae

She still makes money from her work (and she's done bits and pieces of things besides the TV show). Royalties from other things plus Suits give her income along with whatever else she made previously.

LaRae

Might it be enough to fund the lifestyle she probably wants after being married to a Prince for 18 months?

Might it be enough to fund the lifestyle she probably wants after being married to a Prince for 18 months?

There's no evidence that she/he want any sort of 'lifestyle' they had while married. They hardly were high fliers while still working full time.

They haven't even bought a house yet. We don't know anything about the financial agreement for the 'rental' they are staying in.

So to state these things as fact when it's all based on opinion and gossip is IMO, wrong. Most of the stories are tabloid based to begin with.

As far as her royalties go that would be dependent on the contract she has with the projects she was involved in. There's no way to really know how much she's still pulling in.

LaRae

So to state these things as fact when it's all based on opinion and gossip is IMO, wrong. Most of the stories are tabloid based to begin with.

I do not believe I have stated anything as fact in the post of mine you refer to.

LaRae

We do not know the co tract arrangements. Sometimes people do not get royalties. I think this is particularly the case with actors as. They get their salary instead which can be astronomical for series that are continuously replayed.

There's no evidence that she/he want any sort of 'lifestyle' they had while married. They hardly were high fliers while still working full time.

They haven't even bought a house yet. We don't know anything about the financial agreement for the 'rental' they are staying in.

As far as her royalties go that would be dependent on the contract she has with the projects she was involved in. There's no way to really know how much she's still pulling in.

LaRae

Their actions would say different. Huge homes they are currently living in. Private planes. An extensive designer wardrobe although the other female of the family frequently appear in high street (albeit expensive).

They were high fliers they had a lot of money and lived an exceedingly comfortable life.

The question is not a .oral judgement on what they want but on how they can afford it.

Their actions would say different. Huge homes they are currently living in. Private planes. An extensive designer wardrobe although the other female of the family frequently appear in high street (albeit expensive).

They were high fliers they had a lot of money and lived an exceedingly comfortable life.

The question is not a .oral judgement on what they want but on how they can afford it.

The way I see it, the huge homes before and after March 31st, have been provided to them from someone other than their bank account. As far as where they stay, I'm reminded of the romantic getaway they went on (on their own dime) and where did they stay? A remote cabin in Norway. The first time their romance started to blossom, they were camping in Africa. Now, take a look at the cabin and tell me if its a 5 star hotel to you. :D

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/25549...-holiday-together-to-see-the-northern-lights/

We never really heard in all the times after they were married that they were spotted at expensive places for a night out. Heck, they even got engaged at home by the oven making roast chicken. We did see them walking on the street and Harry going to the local grocers. To be honest, I didn't see much of any kind of extravagance above and beyond what two people that were comfortably off would do. But that's just me.

Private planes? Someone gave them rides. Cost to them? $0. They most likely paid themselves for transatlantic flights though before Meghan moved to the UK. The baby shower that everyone was up in arms about was financed by friends of Meghan. Its occurred to me too that the "babymoon" taken when it was would have seemed to be more extravagant to me if I didn't know that this couple's honeymoon is still up for speculation. Some say it was in Canada and some say it was in Africa. There are no reports anywhere of the cost of a honeymoon. They managed to slip away privately.

Ever notice that when Harry and Meghan are pictured now, they're either a) going about doing something in the lines of charity work or b) they're been pictured outside the house in the yard. Of course the pandemic curtailed a lot of going out but thinking on that, did we really see them out and about enjoying themselves at expensive places when they lived for six months in Canada?

If they buy a home, it will be an investment as well as being somewhere secure for the family. Not all Los Angeles is swimming pools, movie stars and Rodeo Drive. They're based in LA right now which, if they wish to settle in California, they can find the right place for them.

They will eventually settle into a life they can afford and a life that works for them. Will family vacations be taking Archie camping? I think so. I also think there's too much gossip and focus and speculation on the finances of this family as if it really matters how much they have and how much they spend and how fat their bank account is to the public. The public has been defining their lifestyle, not them. At least that's how I see it. ?

The way I see it, the huge homes before and after March 31st, have been provided to them from someone other than their bank account. As far as where they stay, I'm reminded of the romantic getaway they went on (on their own dime) and where did they stay? A remote cabin in Norway. The first time their romance started to blossom, they were camping in Africa. Now, take a look at the cabin and tell me if its a 5 star hotel to you. :D

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/25549...-holiday-together-to-see-the-northern-lights/

We never really heard in all the times after they were married that they were spotted at expensive places for a night out. Heck, they even got engaged at home by the oven making roast chicken. We did see them walking on the street and Harry going to the local grocers. To be honest, I didn't see much of any kind of extravagance above and beyond what two people that were comfortably off would do. But that's just me.

Private planes? Someone gave them rides. Cost to them? $0. They most likely paid themselves for transatlantic flights though before Meghan moved to the UK. The baby shower that everyone was up in arms about was financed by friends of Meghan. Its occurred to me too that the "babymoon" taken when it was would have seemed to be more extravagant to me if I didn't know that this couple's honeymoon is still up for speculation. Some say it was in Canada and some say it was in Africa. There are no reports anywhere of the cost of a honeymoon. They managed to slip away privately.

Ever notice that when Harry and Meghan are pictured now, they're either a) going about doing something in the lines of charity work or b) they're been pictured outside the house in the yard. Of course the pandemic curtailed a lot of going out but thinking on that, did we really see them out and about enjoying themselves at expensive places when they lived for six months in Canada?

If they buy a home, it will be an investment as well as being somewhere secure for the family. Not all Los Angeles is swimming pools, movie stars and Rodeo Drive. They're based in LA right now which, if they wish to settle in California, they can find the right place for them.

They will eventually settle into a life they can afford and a life that works for them. Will family vacations be taking Archie camping? I think so. I also think there's too much gossip and focus and speculation on the finances of this family as if it really matters how much they have and how much they spend and how fat their bank account is to the public. The public has been defining their lifestyle, not them. At least that's how I see it. ?

Does it matter if they didn't pay for it. They still took them. I dont think a normal person could afford what must have been a 5 figure camping holiday in Africa and while many in Europe anyway could get a cabin in Norway. I think you'll find that isn't cheap either. Ridiculously expensive country and they had to bring security.

Their lives are massively expensive. I think it is a pertinent question to ask how they will be able to afford it.

They are not going to get themselves a 4 or 5 bed house in LA either.

As for taking Archie camping sure. They'd have to rent out the whole place or it would be a hugely exclusive one. Or the backyard

Last edited:
Their lives are massively expensive. I think it is a pertinent question to ask how they will be able to afford it.

My question is why is it any of our business to know in the first place? We're not going to be funding it in any way, shape or form so is it really any of our business?

My question is why is it any of our business to know in the first place? We're not going to be funding it in any way, shape or form so is it really any of our business?

It really is none of our business. What help they may get from Charles or anyone or no one is none of our business. If that is the case where are the continual questions about who is funding Andrew. To be frank, it seems some won't be satisfied until they are literally buried. Did they make mistakes along the way, yes everyone does. But let them live as they see fit. People have choices, can't stand them, don't read about them, easy peasy. But this narrative of Harry being stupid and gullible and being totally manipulated by Meghan is both tiresome and offensive.

It really is none of our business. What help they may get from Charles or anyone or no one is none of our business. If that is the case where are the continual questions about who is funding Andrew. To be frank, it seems some won't be satisfied until they are literally buried. Did they make mistakes along the way, yes everyone does. But let them live as they see fit. People have choices, can't stand them, don't read about them, easy peasy. But this narrative of Harry being stupid and gullible and being totally manipulated by Meghan is both tiresome and offensive.

Nobody has said that here.

And it matters if it is tax that is paying for them. It matters in Andrew's case and it does matters in Harry's. Nothing is for free. Why should anybody be funded by money which could be used in hospitals, roads and schools. When we get nothing from them. Harry and Meghan's wedding brought huge amounts of money to the UK. He would have continued for many years to bring in tourist revenue and to promote charities. What are the UK making off him now?

The royals are good for one thing...money. they bring in vastly in excess of what they cost. But there is no room for those who do not contribute. I am not saying people don't care about him. They do. But when push comes to shove.

Also it matters what they will then have to do to make money. We tolerate out politicians making a fortune on the UK lecture front...we never liked them much anyway. A royal. A man who from his first breath was the nations child. Absolutely different story.

So you see its complicated. The UK population love Harry. The royal family are our family too. But if he isn't keeping up his side of the bargain. He is on the out.

I thought you loved me? Well we did, as long as you were precisely what we wanted you to be and made money for us.

And it matters if it is tax that is paying for them. It matters in Andrew's case and it does matters in Harry's. Nothing is for free. Why should anybody be funded by money which could be used in hospitals, roads and schools. When we get nothing from them. Harry and Meghan's wedding brought huge amounts of money to the UK. He would have continued for many years to bring in tourist revenue and to promote charities. What are the UK making off him now?

To my knowledge, there is absolutely nothing about the Sussex lifestyle that is even remotely being funded by any taxpayer anywhere. Even if Charles is helping them out financially through his own private income, he pays income tax on it each year like every other citizen in the UK.

Do you honestly believe that the purpose of Harry and Meghan's life is to bring in money for the UK still as they're still being funded by the UK taxpayer (or any taxpayer anywhere for anything) after March 31st? As working royals, yes, that was expected. As private citizens, no. As far as I can see it, what is the concerns for discussion of this thread is the general news *after* they've split from being full time working royals and everything that entailed them to. There is a definitive line between their past life as working full time royals and their present life in the US.

We're all just caught in a limbo where news about just about everything concerning the Sussex family is pretty much at a standstill because of the pandemic. I often wonder what would have gone down and what information we would have now if COVID-19 never arrived on the scene. It seems to many of us like its been an entire lifetime since the beginning of 2020 and we're pretty much at a stalemate where current events and credible information of plans, intentions and how the Sussexes will go into the future as so much has been curtailed and people went into lock down and isolation.

I guess after staying in an $18 million dollar mansion, they will buy a 2-bedroom home in LA suburbs? Because that is all they can afford. Is that what some people on this thread are trying to say?

They (like the rest of the Royals) live a lifestyle that cannot be self financed without having Jeff Bezos' bank account.

Meghan is probably getting very little if any residuals from suits. She was a no-name actress when she booked the part. Actors do not get sweet back-ends and residuals for their first major role.

I seriously doubt that Harry is going to get any serious money from the Queen-- she has 8 grandchildren to provide for. Whatever it is, will be in a trust that he does not have access to. That is the only way they can ensure that minor royals do not spend all their money at once and come bothering the current Monarch for another handout.

If they want to maintain the lifestyle that Harry is accustomed to, they need to start minting coin and fast-- that is the cold harsh reality.

We do not know what kind of home Harry and Meghan intend on having as they have not and are under no obligation to tell us. We also do not know what lifestyle they want or wish to maintain. We don't know their finances not what any arrangements might be. The pandemic has put many futures on hold and that is something no one can control.

I am looking forward to seeing what projects they will undertake in the future once we reach a new normal. I think they are both charity minded and will use their voices to try to do good in areas they choose.

I am beyond disturbed that the BRF, why royal family, or any person for that matter is simply viewed as a commodity. That has some very disturbing implications as what does that say about us as a society? A guided cage, not matter how lovely and full of goodies, is still a cage. This gives me pause for future generations, who would want this life no matter how much you love someone?

To my knowledge, there is absolutely nothing about the Sussex lifestyle that is even remotely being funded by any taxpayer anywhere. Even if Charles is helping them out financially through his own private income, he pays income tax on it each year like every other citizen in the UK.

Do you honestly believe that the purpose of Harry and Meghan's life is to bring in money for the UK still as they're still being funded by the UK taxpayer (or any taxpayer anywhere for anything) after March 31st? As working royals, yes, that was expected. As private citizens, no. As far as I can see it, what is the concerns for discussion of this thread is the general news *after* they've split from being full time working royals and everything that entailed them to. There is a definitive line between their past life as working full time royals and their present life in the US.

We're all just caught in a limbo where news about just about everything concerning the Sussex family is pretty much at a standstill because of the pandemic. I often wonder what would have gone down and what information we would have now if COVID-19 never arrived on the scene. It seems to many of us like its been an entire lifetime since the beginning of 2020 and we're pretty much at a stalemate where current events and credible information of plans, intentions and how the Sussexes will go into the future as so much has been curtailed and people went into lock down and isolation.

As working royals of course it was. Untold wealth but that came with responsibility. Theybare not royal anymore. Despite the titles. They can do what they like.

However the British royal family can be less than transparent with their accounts. So we don't k ow what money they give to whom really.

Meghan is probably getting very little if any residuals from suits. She was a no-name actress when she booked the part. Actors do not get sweet back-ends and residuals for their first major role.

You know this how? Can you back it up with credible information as to what Meghan's residuals are from any of her movies and Suits is or is this just conjecture on your part? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

We do not know what kind of home Harry and Meghan intend on having as they have not and are under no obligation to tell us. We also do not know what lifestyle they want or wish to maintain. We don't know their finances not what any arrangements might be. The pandemic has put many futures on hold and that is something no one can control.

I am looking forward to seeing what projects they will undertake in the future once we reach a new normal. I think they are both charity minded and will use their voices to try to do good in areas they choose.

I am beyond disturbed that the BRF, why royal family, or any person for that matter is simply viewed as a commodity. That has some very disturbing implications as what does that say about us as a society? A guided cage, not matter how lovely and full of goodies, is still a cage. This gives me pause for future generations, who would want this life no matter how much you love someone?

Well quite what does that say?

I didn't say he was viewed as a commodity. I said nothing is for free and he had to keep up his part of the bargain while a working royal.

This is not unconditional love. It is a two way business relationship. I think most people have dismissed the situation as sad now though. Oh it's just sad. Not much conversation about it anymore.

Does it matter if they didn't pay for it. They still took them. I dont think a normal person could afford what must have been a 5 figure camping holiday in Africa and while many in Europe anyway could get a cabin in Norway. I think you'll find that isn't cheap either. Ridiculously expensive country and they had to bring security.

They are not going to get themselves a 4 or 5 bed house in LA either.

As for taking Archie camping sure. They'd have to rent out the whole place or it would be a hugely exclusive one. Or the backyard

I know that royals often take favours from rich friends, but I find it off putting and still more so, when a royal couple seem to be taking favours on the scale that Meg and Harry seem now to be doing. They are living probalby rent free in a huge house in LA..

of course it is a gilded cage. THe RF is there to do good for the UK. People do not "love" the RF.. some have an interest, others have some emotional attachment.. but for most people, they accept that the RF is there to do a job. They live in great riches, but they're expected to be devoted to their duty... They have privileges but they have a loss of freedom...

You know this how? Can you back it up with credible information as to what Meghan's residuals are from any of her movies and Suits is or is this just conjecture on your part? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

I think the answer may lie in the use of the word "probable" in the first sentence in the post by @Eskimo, followed by the two sunsequent sentences. :flowers:

I think the answer may lie in the use of the word "probable" in the first sentence in the post by @Eskimo, followed by the two sunsequent sentences. :flowers:

Probability is what conjecture is based on. ;)

I thought Harry inherited a great deal of money from both his great grandmother and his mother https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...arry-prince-william-inheritance-queen-mother/
If true, the amounts in the trust funds would have most likely tripled in the years since the late 90s/early 00s depending on investments chosen. So I’m confused by the focus on how much or little in residuals Meghan earns, since they most likely have decent income from Harry’s trust funds.
I’ve noticed a pattern in the articles about the Sussexes. There’s very little real news and thus mountains are being made out of molehills built on speculation. So far all I’ve seen from the couple are a few messages/videos of support for charities and photos of them pitching in to help a bit in L.A. on the Covid crisis.

I thought Harry inherited a great deal of money from both his great grandmother and his mother https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...arry-prince-william-inheritance-queen-mother/
If true, the amounts in the trust funds would have most likely tripled in the years since the late 90s/early 00s depending on investments chosen. So I’m confused by the focus on how much or little in residuals Meghan earns, since they most likely have decent income from Harry’s trust funds.
I’ve noticed a pattern in the articles about the Sussexes. There’s very little real news and thus mountains are being made out of molehills built on speculation. So far all I’ve seen from the couple are a few messages/videos of support for charities and photos of them pitching in to help a bit in L.A. on the Covid crisis.

If they feel that they have such a substantial income from Harry's private fortune.. then why did they make such a point of wanting to earn a "professional income" and to acheive financial independence. Harry inherited about I think £8M or maybe £9M from Diana. Not sure what he got from the queen MOthter but It is clearly not enough to supply tehm with a sufficient income.

I believe when King Edward VIII abdicated; he expected to be well looked after financially, by his brother, King George VI; but it never amounted to much. What money Edward did have, he spent vast amounts buying jewellery for Wallace, obviously that was a choice he made.

My point is how generous will William be towards Harry; when he eventually becomes King?

Secondly, re Diana's jewellery; how is this to be shared between Kate and Meghan?

I believe when King Edward VIII abdicated; he expected to be well looked after financially, by his brother, King George VI; but it never amounted to much. What money Edward did have, he spent vast amounts buying jewellery for Wallace, obviously that was a choice he made.

My point is how generous will William be towards Harry; when he eventually becomes King?

Secondly, re Diana's jewellery; how is this to be shared between Kate and Meghan?

I think he was generous enough and the Duke had a glorious house in Paris and had white the social circle. Always hanging out with the Moseley's.

Same thing though. So much of that life had been taken care off before the abdication. And he wouldn't have had a clue about money.

Well that jewellery is really the boys and it is not automatic their wives will get it. They could choose to keep some for Charlotte. Give some to Diana's nieces. We just don't know. The engagement ring was Harry's and he wanted William to have it for Kate which was lovely. And some of Diana's diamonds are in Meghan's engagement ring.

The tiaras and things Diana wore went back to the crown.

Last edited:

Edward had a lot of money salted away, and he sold his private properties to George. Plus I believe he had an allowance from the King for the rest of his life.
We don't know how generous William will be, when he become King. I'm sure he will be hoping that his brother will be financially independent by that time. Harry inherited Half of Dianas wealth so I assume that the jewellery is divided equally between the 2 brothers...

I think he was generous enough and the Duke had a glorious house in Paris and had white the social circle. Always hanging out with the Moseley's.

Wasn't that house in Paris gifted to them by the French government?
In fact, I read an account where the Duke actually would have preferred a country estate but rather than purchase one, he couldn't resist the freebie.

I'm not certain this is correct, but it is what I've always thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom