General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I'm in agreement with many of the recent posts. What are Meghan and Harry actually doing these days? I listened to Harry's virtual opening remarks at the recent Travelyst virtual symposium. How is promoting echo travel in our covid laden world of lockdowns and border closures working out? One of their sponsors Bookings.com is struggling financially as is the entire travel industry. It all seemed great before covid. Ok, so that's not working out.

I reflect back to their first days as Duke and Duchess, they seemed to be everywhere, doing what the British royals are experts at, good works, supporting charities, putting a face to important social causes that otherwise would not see the light of day. And they seemed to be really good at it. But that didn't seem to be enough and well, not everyone loved and adored them it seems and the royal family didn't seem to really be supporting them enough. How old are they? Old enough to know better but they didn't, apparently. But on the opposite side of the coin they must have thought they were loved enough by someone they could dump the family and market their royalness to their fans that were adoring them when they were working royals.

While as working royals these two got a little too big for their britches. Well, now look, isolated, living in LA a hotbed of covid, in someone elses home, without support, ok, still being supported by Charles. Their legal battles certainly aren't helping them. I kinda feel a tiny bit bad for them, but then I don't. They got a little too big for their britches as my mother would say and their combined hubris of entitlement plus the timing of covid have put them currently not really thriving. It's never too late to grow up.

Late entry: Just saw the Prince Harry article in Fast Company, well done! I think the Sussexes may well be headed in the right direction after having some stumbles, we'll have to see.

Last edited:
In their early days as Duke and Duchess, yes, Harry and Meghan were constantly about, attending events and engagements. They were also under an incessant barrage of negative attacks on Meghan mostly, from the tabloids and other media, including social media; being compared unfavourably to Kate, laughed at for all errors and constantly having her past dragged up, sometimes with a great deal of imagination used.

After the Australasian tour in October 2018 the attacks intensified and the RF left them alone to cope, through Meghan's pregnancy and the birth of her first child. She dealt with it while living in a foreign country and living a completely new way of life that many British people would struggle with.

And so yes, they both got fed up with it all in its various forms (Harry supporting his wife as he should) and they left.

They have committed no criminal offence before, during or since they left, no physical attacks on anyone, and are not mired in moral corruption as one other British Royal is. However that doesn't seem to matter, does it?

Last edited:
But the big ones do. She saw that and probably thought, who is bigger than the royals.

I don't follow them either but there is a huge difference between British and American coverage.

Worked for Diana.

Chelsea works for one of the biggest law firms in London. Her eye was on success but not on getting it through marriage. Know someone who went to u Iver sort either her. Sweet. Academically Intelligent. Ditsy with absolutely no common sense and a bit dumb.

What’s u Iver?

Wait, is that last description about Chelsy?
To be fair, that sounds more like Meghan, except the sweet part.

Chelsy always seemed to me like a: “love life” kind of person. Intelligent but not genius levels- you do need a brain and some common sense to go to law school.

Thinking about it, the two women do seem to be a lot alike with the notable difference of one wanting a quiet private life and the other actively seeking fame.

In their early days as Duke and Duchess, yes, Harry and Meghan were constantly about, attending events and engagements. They were also under an incessant barrage of negative attacks on Meghan mostly, from the tabloids and other media, including social media; being compared unfavourably to Kate, laughed at for all errors and constantly having her past dragged up, sometimes with a great deal of imagination used.

After the Australasian tour in October 2018 the attacks intensified and the RF left them alone to cope, through Meghan's pregnancy and the birth of her first child. She dealt with it while living in a foreign country and living a completely new way of life that many British people would struggle with.

And so yes, they both got fed up with it all in its various forms (Harry supporting his wife as he should) and they left.

They have committed no criminal offence before, during or since they left, no physical attacks on anyone, and are not mired in moral corruption as one other British Royal is. However that doesn't seem to matter, does it?

With all due respect, so was Kate. Heck, Kate even got it worse considering the paparazzi were literally shoving their cameras in front of her face on her 25th birthday. Plus, Kate has been on the tabloids long before she was married to William and don't forget how the media also called her and her family insulting names like "Waity Katie" and "the wisteria sisters", as well as hacking her phone numerous times. Not to mention it was social media who started the rumours about William and Rose and where ISIS-supporting extremists post death threats to George. And yet, compared to Harry and Meghan, William and Kate rarely complains.

Some poor, underpaid intern? :lol: I also felt a bit of Meghan in that... thing, because I doubt we can call it an article. But honestly, Meghan or not, intern or not, pre-marriage Harry never sounded so righteous, moralizing and conceited and no matter who wrote it, he's claiming it as his.

I just feel bad about it all.

No I don't suppose he did.. because IMO he wasn't all that into issues. He had causes that he wanted to promote, he had causes that were part of his duty was a royal and he talked about them but the speeches were written by hsi staff and he probably largely stuck to what they told him.. and wasn't into deeply going into the issues. (Not that he didn't have a genuine concern for some causes). But since Megh came along I think she ahs been passing on her particular outlook, and he's taken it up with the zeal of a convert, or to please her...

:previous: I'm in agreement with many of the recent posts. What are Meghan and Harry actually doing these days? I listened to Harry's virtual opening remarks at the recent Travelyst virtual symposium. How is promoting echo travel in our covid laden world of lockdowns and border closures working out? One of their sponsors Bookings.com is struggling financially as is the entire travel industry. It all seemed great before covid. Ok, so that's not working out.

I reflect back to their first days as Duke and Duchess, they seemed to be everywhere, doing what the British royals are experts at, good works, supporting charities, putting a face to important social causes that otherwise would not see the light of day. And they seemed to be really good at it. But that didn't seem to be enough and well, not everyone loved and adored them it seems and the royal family didn't seem to really be supporting them enough. How old are they? Old enough to know better but they didn't, apparently. But on the opposite side of the coin they must have thought they were loved enough by someone they could dump the family and market their royalness to their fans that were adoring them when they were working royals.

While as working royals these two got a little too big for their britches. Well, now look, isolated, living in LA a hotbed of covid, in someone elses home, without support, ok, still being supported by Charles. Their legal battles certainly aren't helping them. I kinda feel a tiny bit bad for them, but then I don't. They got a little too big for their britches as my mother would say and their combined hubris of entitlement plus the timing of covid have put them currently not really thriving. It's never too late to grow up.
There's not much anyone can do at present.. the established RF in the UK has an organized set up which meant that when Covid struck, although the Royals were restricted they could still do some of their work, either by Skype and phone or in some cases actually doing some hands on work. But Harry and Meg are isolated in a city that isn't that familiar to them, in a house that isn't even their own.. and without a long established set of staff and a well organised set up.
. There's not much they can do. They could have maybe taken on some hands on "safely done" volunteer work but I don't know if they did that beyond that one time they were seen out delivering food. I think that would have been the best thing to do... but I feel that they are just popping up periodically commenting on news issues or joining conferences, because they fear that they may "disappear"

I see what you mean Curryong, they did all they were asked until the media and tabloids became just too much without receiving backup and protections from the BRF. I thought they were a breathe of fresh air and really enjoyed seeing them out doing good works. They seemed like they were having fun. Perhaps I've been unfair in dismissing their complaints. It's very likely if their transition from working royals had gone better and the coronavirus pandemic had not occurred we would see an entirely different outcome. What appeared to me as hubris was more an act of self protection as they took control of their lives. Regarding criminal offences, physical attacks and moral corruption Harry and Meghan are nearing sainthood compared to that guy. I guess I'm so disappointed and it's easy to blame and find faults. Hopefully they are regrouping and enjoying their time together as a family with little Archie.

Actually back in the day I used to read their "royalty" site (around 2004) and they had a link to a royal forums site called "The Royal Archives" where you could post that was very pro-British monarchy. They had a lot of young girls who loved William and Harry who used to post a lot and I remember being up late working on a paper and following William's 21st birthday celebration party on it. Can't remember if Kate was there or not. But I don't remember the Guardian being anti-monarchy at the time.

At the time the BBC was pretty anti-monarchy. Later so was Huffington Post. It surprises me that now they're so pro monarchy that they have William and Harry writing articles for them.

As far as social media is concerned I remember they said that the rest of the royal family didn't read tabloids about themselves. This was back in the 90's. Diana however would get really upset reading the articles about herself. That's not so dissimilar as to the social media sites. Just don't read it.

The Guardian and the BBC are both anti Royal and left wing...

They've come out in favor of groups that hate other ethnic groups.
Do you mean Harry and Meg have done this?
What groups?? The National Front? I dont know of them "coming out in favour of groups that hate other Ethnic groups.

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s u Iver?

Wait, is that last description about Chelsy?
To be fair, that sounds more like Meghan, except the sweet part.

Chelsy always seemed to me like a: “love life” kind of person. Intelligent but not genius levels- you do need a brain and some common sense to go to law school.

Thinking about it, the two women do seem to be a lot alike with the notable difference of one wanting a quiet private life and the other actively seeking fame.

Sorry it was late. Yes I knew some one who went to University with her in South Africa. Very academically clever and sweet but no common sense and very dumb. Britney from Glee basically. I don't see Meghan being as academically intelligent as Chelsy.

I think this is an excellent article and I hope it receives wide coverage. To anyone wondering whether people are interested in what Harry or Meghan say, you only have to look at this forum to see the vast amount of commentary about them, let alone the popular press.
https://www.fastcompany.com/9053768...ia-is-dividing-us-together-we-can-redesign-it

I hadn't been on this thread for awhile so I thought I'd see what the Sussexes were up to. I had to blink a few times when I saw this article, by Prince Harry. Fast Company is no slouch, a top shelf business branding magazine. It's owned by the guy that also owns Morningstar, the financial equities rating agency the world uses to value their bazillions of dollars worth of trade every day. Wowza!

Not only did Prince Harry apparently write something, but it's pretty darn well written (ok, who am I) it's cohesive and it's in conjunction with the national movement Stop Hate For Profit a group sponsored by the NAACP, the Anti-Defamation League, and Color of Change. It's about hate speech and advertising and it needs to stop. I bet Target and Walmart and whoever else they called took his call. The group was successful at holding back over $7 million worth of advertising from Facebook in July in a protest against Facebook policies (as I understand it).
Well done Meghan and Harry, glad to see they are involved in a worthy cause. Who doesn't want a kinder, healthier society.

There's not much anyone can do at present.. the established RF in the UK has an organized set up which meant that when Covid struck, although the Royals were restricted they could still do some of their work, either by Skype and phone or in some cases actually doing some hands on work. But Harry and Meg are isolated in a city that isn't that familiar to them, in a house that isn't even their own.. and without a long established set of staff and a well organised set up.
. There's not much they can do. They could have maybe taken on some hands on "safely done" volunteer work but I don't know if they did that beyond that one time they were seen out delivering food. I think that would have been the best thing to do... but I feel that they are just popping up periodically commenting on news issues or joining conferences, because they fear that they may "disappear"
I see what you mean, even if Harry wanted to reach out to his family and visit or test the waters, because of covid they are currently stuck in LA. Now that they've lost the backing of the RF they've no real network setup. I did just a moment ago see Harry's article in Fast Company about hate speech and bullying. I thought it was very powerful considering what I am now learning with regard to the severity of the bullying Meghan received while a working royal. I'm sure none of this is what they had hoped for.

I dont know what they hoped for.. its very hard to understand them. But while there are limits on what everyone can do nowadays, with Corona, I dont think that their way of coping with it is particualrly good. I Hoped that they would perhaps use the time to do some real hands on charity work, over the past months but it seems like they didn't do much and are mainly concerned with getting their ducks in a row to be noticed when thngs improve..

Sorry it was late. Yes I knew some one who went to University with her in South Africa. Very academically clever and sweet but no common sense and very dumb. Britney from Glee basically. I don't see Meghan being as academically intelligent as Chelsy.
She actually l sounds more like Elle from “Legally Blonde”
Besides everyone is dumb at 18. She seems well put together to me. I’ve looked through her IG once she seems very happy with her life.

I see what you mean, even if Harry wanted to reach out to his family and visit or test the waters, because of covid they are currently stuck in LA. Now that they've lost the backing of the RF they've no real network setup. I did just a moment ago see Harry's article in Fast Company about hate speech and bullying. I thought it was very powerful considering what I am now learning with regard to the severity of the bullying Meghan received while a working royal. I'm sure none of this is what they had hoped for.

Because of your interest in this article, you might want to go several pages back to read what other TRF-ers had to say about the same article (I guess it's been posted about 4 times now) :flowers:.

Actions speak louder than words a lot of times. There's been a lot of words with not a lot of action to back them up. Consistency is the name of the game if you want to be taken seriously.

Interestingly, Harry keeps emphasizing - including in his latest 'ínterview', see post below by ACO; but IIRC also in a video-interview he did together with Meghan - that people shouldn't just say things but actually take action :ermm:

Harry did an interview with Rashad Robison of “Stop Hate for Profit”

Because of your interest in this article, you might want to go several pages back to read what other TRF-ers had to say about the same article (I guess it's been posted about 4 times now) :flowers:.
I had already seen some of those posts but thanks, I was a little bit late to the party. :eek: They aren't exactly flattering are they. I can see where many are coming from, like no way did Harry actually pen that himself. Surely it was collaborative however I embrace the general cause and he was part of a greater good and the campaign was successful.

I had already seen some of those posts but thanks, I was a little bit late to the party. :eek: They aren't exactly flattering are they. I can see where many are coming from, like no way did Harry actually pen that himself. Surely it was collaborative however I embrace the general cause and he was part of a greater good and the campaign was successful.

He isn't part of that campaign. They deserve the credit. Not him.

[...] They were also under an incessant barrage of negative attacks on Meghan mostly, from the tabloids and other media, including social media; being compared unfavourably to Kate, laughed at for all errors and constantly having her past dragged up, sometimes with a great deal of imagination used.

After the Australasian tour in October 2018 the attacks intensified and the RF left them alone to cope, through Meghan's pregnancy and the birth of her first child. She dealt with it while living in a foreign country and living a completely new way of life that many British people would struggle with.[...]

With all due respect, so was Kate. Heck, Kate even got it worse considering the paparazzi were literally shoving their cameras in front of her face on her 25th birthday.[...]

Sadly, scrutiny and unfair negative (and often untrue) coverages come in parcel with being known public figure. Politicians get it (remember the back and fort during US election between Trump v Clinton?), celebrities got it (how many had killed themselves because they couldn't handle "what people said"). And royals are tiptoeing between those two categories. Maxima, Letizia, and don't forget Marie v Mary, hell even Masako withdraw from public eyes (and those women are accomplished, experienced and smart women before they joined royal family). BRF is not the only one.

Okay, Harry should know, after all Sophie, Camilla, and Catherine went through it. But perhaps he didn't aware how bad it can be, I don't think he followed royal female gossip because he's too young and, later on, busy in the army. As for Meghan, either she's underestimating or misinformed, I don't think she's ever checked any royal forums. And their relationship timeline (from blind date to having baby) certainly doesn't help. What Sophie, Camilla, and Catherine got in a time span of 10 years, she got it in 3 years (give or take) so for her it surely felt more intense (let just say the first three ladies had time to "warm up" to face media's attacks).

I'm not saying that the attacks are justified and they just need to "deal with it" nor I agree with their "walk out". Back to celebrity analogy and since Meghan was an actress, she should have known the repercussion if an actor suddenly declared she quits from an on-going/airing tv programme because she felt that she got unfair bad review from film critics or social media and none of her co-star nor director did a press conference for her defence, on top of it she blamed the scriptwriter for giving her bad lines, her co-stars can't match her acting, and the director didn't direct her properly.

[...]
Speaking out about getting CEOs to boycott Facebook because of a specific issue is giving his opinion on what should be done to reform social media. In this case, Facebook. He's inserting himself personally on one side of an issue instead of just raising awareness that there's a problem with Facebook/social media. The same thing with standing up and proselytizing about ecological and protective travel on one hand and on the other hand, be shown to *not* be practicing what he preaches kind of blows the whole thing totally out of the water and he's not taken too seriously at all.[...]

I'm sorry, but isn't it basically what William does with his United for Wildlife and wildlife traficking which end with several airlines and shipping company bosses signing an agreement to tackle it? Or Charles with his climate change concern? To be fair, both also had been criticised for it initially. Similar to Harry's private jetting, William got the headline with his annual hunting.

But I agree, he should start small first, in his case, veteran mental health and once their "foundation" is established, they can move from there. With Covid, he'll have time, considering everything is basically on pause. I only point Harry because Meghan seems to be consistent with women empowerment related stuff.

I'm in the opinion that Harry and Meghan mean well. It's just they're like a fresh graduate univ student from a privilige families who were catered their whole life, but typical fresh graduate, they have their own ideal vision and ambition to change the world for the better. And typical growth of such fresh graduate, sometimes they need to stumble (even fall) and make mistakes to knock down their arrogance and to learn that there's something called "compromise".

They way Trudeau welcomed them back in November and the Sun's leak rumour, perhaps at that time the "arrangement" for them to divide time between UK-Canada was being discussed (the way Joachim's "move" to France), but their hasty announcement put any possibility of "subtle move" to the bin and all went to disarray. I think this is Harry's and Meghan's biggest mistake as of know and I hope they learnt from it (that patience is virtue). People who run has more possibilities to stumble and fall, so why don't you start to walk, Harry? Your grandmother said "small steps can make a world of difference" right?

And in the name of "Stop Hate" in social media, why don't we start from this forum? They're just starting, so give them chance, they'll still in the "trial and error" stage.

I dont know what they hoped for.. its very hard to understand them. But while there are limits on what everyone can do nowadays, with Corona, I dont think that their way of coping with it is particualrly good. I Hoped that they would perhaps use the time to do some real hands on charity work, over the past months but it seems like they didn't do much and are mainly concerned with getting their ducks in a row to be noticed when thngs improve..
Well, you do have a strong point. It would have been nice to see them going local, packing a few food boxes for homeless shelters, or delivering Meals on Wheels. Two projects I have been involved in, no brainers but makes me feel good. Everything they do doesn't have to make a big splash. But maybe they are working with locals and we just don't know. The Wessexes seem to have charity work in the bag as role models but then they work for the BRF. Not to sound too gloomy but if the Sussexes are getting their ducks in a row waiting to get noticed here they may have a long wait considering how badly things are going in the US with containing covid.

He isn't part of that campaign. They deserve the credit. Not him.
The campaign was a major push by the organization Stop Hate for Profit with a dozen or more partners asking companies to help send a message that "Facebook must stop valuing profits over hate, bigotry, racism, antisemitism, and disinformation."
You can read about it here.
https://www.stophateforprofit.org/
I don't know how close Prince Harry's relationship is with the organization other than he wrote an article published in Fast Company and participated in making calls on behalf of the Stop Hate for Profit organization. It might just be a one off or it may be an organization he feels strongly about and wants to support further.

The campaign was a major push by the organization Stop Hate for Profit with a dozen or more partners asking companies to help send a message that "Facebook must stop valuing profits over hate, bigotry, racism, antisemitism, and disinformation."
You can read about it here.
https://www.stophateforprofit.org/
I don't know how close Prince Harry's relationship is with the organization other than he wrote an article published in Fast Company and participated in making calls on behalf of the Stop Hate for Profit organization. It might just be a one off or it may be an organization he feels strongly about and wants to support further.

The article didn't in any way promote the work of them or tell people to promote them.

Well, you do have a strong point. It would have been nice to see them going local, packing a few food boxes for homeless shelters, or delivering Meals on Wheels. Two projects I have been involved in, no brainers but makes me feel good. Everything they do doesn't have to make a big splash. But maybe they are working with locals and we just don't know. The Wessexes seem to have charity work in the bag as role models but then they work for the BRF. Not to sound too gloomy but if the Sussexes are getting their ducks in a row waiting to get noticed here they may have a long wait considering how badly things are going in the US with containing covid.

Meghan and Harry were seen delivering meals for a local organization in Los Angeles in paparazzi photos and in home security camera videos that people released. So they have been giving back to their new community.

Meghan and Harry were seen delivering meals for a local organization in Los Angeles in paparazzi photos and in home security camera videos that people released. So they have been giving back to their new community.
See, there ya go, that's really cool! Glad to hear about that, thanks acdc1.

The article didn't in any way promote the work of them or tell people to promote them.

You are talking about this article by Prince Harry, right? https://www.fastcompany.com/9053768...ia-is-dividing-us-together-we-can-redesign-it
When you say them do you mean Stop Hate For Profit, or do you mean Prince Harry. Sorry, I guess I'm missing your point.

See, there ya go, that's really cool! Glad to hear about that, thanks acdc1.

I believe that was in Late March or Early April and they got criticized for it because that same organization had just told all their volunteers to no longer come volunteering so they could pay people who would need the money to do the work (IIRC). So, I am not sure that apparently one-time action was such a good idea...

I believe that was in Late March or Early April and they got criticized for it because that same organization had just told all their volunteers to no longer come volunteering so they could pay people who would need the money to do the work (IIRC). So, I am not sure that apparently one-time action was such a good idea...

Oh hi again, Somebody. acdc1 told me "Meghan and Harry were seen delivering meals for a local organization in Los Angeles in paparazzi photos and in home security camera videos that people released. So they have been giving back to their new community." My original post was this "It would have been nice to see them going local, packing a few food boxes for homeless shelters, or delivering Meals on Wheels. Two projects I have been involved in, no brainers but makes me feel good. Everything they do doesn't have to make a big splash." So my take away is Meghan and Harry had a one time sighting delivering meals 4 months ago but were criticized for taking paying jobs away from people. I'm not really sure what to make of this, hmm?? Perhaps their LA charity work isn't working out as well as I originally had thought. I guess it depends on who's telling the story:)

Stop Hate for Profit.

He does not explicitly support them. He does it in his own name.

I had previously posted that I read the first paragraph and had to stop.......but had I even bothered to read the title, I don't think I would have read further. I don't think social media needs to be redesigned, there's nothing wrong with it. Harry wants to get rid of negativity because he can't handle criticism. His need to control is really becoming ugly......

Oh hi again, Somebody. acdc1 told me "Meghan and Harry were seen delivering meals for a local organization in Los Angeles in paparazzi photos and in home security camera videos that people released. So they have been giving back to their new community." My original post was this "It would have been nice to see them going local, packing a few food boxes for homeless shelters, or delivering Meals on Wheels. Two projects I have been involved in, no brainers but makes me feel good. Everything they do doesn't have to make a big splash." So my take away is Meghan and Harry had a one time sighting delivering meals 4 months ago but were criticized for taking paying jobs away from people. I'm not really sure what to make of this, hmm?? Perhaps their LA charity work isn't working out as well as I originally had thought. I guess it depends on who's telling the story:)

Your response was completely logical - just wanted to give some more background information.

I guess it is indeed rather hard to do charity work in a pandemic that adds value -and is not about the publicity- in their position.

I had previously posted that I read the first paragraph and had to stop.......but had I even bothered to read the title, I don't think I would have read further. I don't think social media needs to be redesigned, there's nothing wrong with it. Harry wants to get rid of negativity because he can't handle criticism. His need to control is really becoming ugly......

I'm genuinely pleased for you that you haven't seen the dark side of social media. I wouldn't want you to see it either but I have seen that dark side through other things I do outside of this forum. It seems that Harry has seen it too (and William because hasn't he made speeches about it?) Social media can be uplifting, warm, interesting, educational, inspirational etc etc but it can also be ugly, racist, anti-semitic and very dangerous.

:bang:
Stop Hate for Profit.

He does not explicitly support them. He does it in his own name.

Yes, poppy7, you are exactly right. It is unclear in reviewing Harry's article if he and Meghan have any relationship at all with Stop Hate for Profit. Harry did divulge at the beginning of his article
"We did this at the same time" not in conjunction with or even explicitly for the organization. With all the media problems Meghan apparently had while living in the UK as a working royal I thought working with a civil rights organization against hate speech and racism seemed like a good fit. Now it appears this was all on their own. Still, a very worthy cause just perhaps duplicitous. I always learn something coming onto TRF.

I'm genuinely pleased for you that you haven't seen the dark side of social media. I wouldn't want you to see it either but I have seen that dark side through other things I do outside of this forum. It seems that Harry has seen it too (and William because hasn't he made speeches about it?) Social media can be uplifting, warm, interesting, educational, inspirational etc etc but it can also be ugly, racist, anti-semitic and very dangerous.

I’m not as naive as you think. As a Jewish person, I’m well aware of anti-semitism, both off and on line, and certainly racism and just overall nastiness. That is not a problem with social media, though; that is a problem with sick, evil human beings. I DO think Twitter (which is mostly what I’m familiar with) needs to be far better moderated, but social media itself is not broken.

The Facebook issue has been discussed on here & the current events thread previously so I don’t want to repeat myself too much but internet censorship (which is fundamentally what this is about) raises all sorts of challenging questions. Who would the censors be? Who would appoint them? Who would regulate them? What would they censor? How would censors decide what is not acceptable? Would they censor politicians? Not really questions for this sort of forum I know but anyway.

Lots of people think JK Rowling should be cancelled for her “hate speech”. There are no doubt other examples. So the whole topic is pretty divisive & controversial.

I’ve never heard of royalty directly approaching companies asking them to boycott another company. I don’t understand why the duke insists on behaving like this.

What Betsypaige said. No matter how much you try to fix social media, as long as there are bad and evil people, the problem will simply continue. It's not the problem of social media, it's human nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom