The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
They actually kind of indirectly did release something on the 21st.
The letter (which is dated a few days prior) to the charity was posted on the 21st.
Could be just a coincidence.
Just like with the manifesto being posted a day before Catherine birthday.
Or the Smart works video posted on W&C anniversary.
Or any of the many other posts and videos that interestingly always get posted on important events and days, with a strong emphasis of W&C.

But i’m sure it is just a coincidence.

Yes lots of coincidences in the BRF with how things get posted over the years. But for some reason no one seemed to have a problem with it or think it was some sort of deliberate attempt until now.

LaRae

Old 06-23-2020, 09:57 AM
Serene Highness

Hello,
Just wanted to ask - if the Sussex's have subsequently children can they be born in the USA ? Is there any law that says they must be born in the UK?

Old 06-23-2020, 10:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Hello,
Just wanted to ask - if the Sussex's have subsequently children can they be born in the USA ? Is there any law that says they must be born in the UK?

I don't know about UK citizenship laws but just as members of the royal family they quit the royal family. So I don't see any reason why they'd have to have their children there. I don't think future children will even have titles much like "Master" Archie.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:30 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I don't know about UK citizenship laws but just as members of the royal family they quit the royal family. So I don't see any reason why they'd have to have their children there. I don't think future children will even have titles much like "Master" Archie.
"Master" is the same as "Mr." .
Old 06-23-2020, 11:03 AM
Majesty

Yes, its a British form of address for a child, not a title. Plus the Sussexes didn't 'quit the Royal Family'. They are still members of the family, just not working royals.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Any children would still be in line to the throne; but given that the line includes foreign sovereigns who were born and raised abroad (and don't possess British citizenship I assume) I don't see any legal issue with someone in line to the throne being born abroad.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Hello,
They can be born anywhere in the world and still be in the line of succession. Like others said, they would probably be called Master/Miss just like Archie.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Indeed, any future children are likely to have same style/title/form of address as Archie and being born outside of the UK won't make a difference to such child's line in the succession.

We can discuss the topic further in the https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...itles-258.html thread.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claricecolin View Post
"Master" is the same as "Mr." .

I know. That's what I said. He didn't have a title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Any children would still be in line to the throne; but given that the line includes foreign sovereigns who were born and raised abroad (and don't possess British citizenship I assume) I don't see any legal issue with someone in line to the throne being born abroad.

It wouldn't matter in the UK - but I'm not sure how it would matter in the US. I don't think US citizens can have titles. I could be wrong but it seems like I've read that before.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
It wouldn't matter in the UK - but I'm not sure how it would matter in the US. I don't think US citizens can have titles. I could be wrong but it seems like I've read that before.
People confuse this. This is the actual law.

Quote:
No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.
Archie could not be made a duke by the government of the USA. And if he was holding office in the government, he couldn't accept a title from a foreign state. This at no way means that they can not hold a title from a foreign state.

It would simply be a courtesy in the US, little more then a surname.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

Archie could not be made a duke by the government of the USA. And if he was holding office in the government, he couldn't accept a title from a foreign state. This at no way means that they can not hold a title from a foreign state.

Archie is a completely different story. He is heir to a Royal Dukedom. I do not know if there is a legal way he can denounce that, outside of the Monarch stripping him (or Harry) of the title.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:33 AM
Courtier

He is only a baby, his life will be planned out enough without us planning a political career for him.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

I don't think they'd give another child a title seeing as they didn't give Archie one. It's one of the reasons I think they were thinking of leaving the royal family long before they did.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I don't think they'd give another child a title seeing as they didn't give Archie one. It's one of the reasons I think they were thinking of leaving the royal family long before they did.
Archie has a title. He is legally Earl of Dumbarton, he's just not using it. The same as Prince Edward's children: they are legally Prince and Princess with the style of HRH but they are not using them
Old 06-24-2020, 12:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Some update on Henry and Meghan;

https://twitter.com/byqueenvic/statu...929253376?s=21

“Source confirms Harry and Meghan have signed with @hwaspeakers for discussions and speeches with trade associations, corporations and community forums. Topics include racial justice, gender equity, mental health, the environment. There are no plans to speak about the royal family”
Old 06-24-2020, 12:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Some update on Henry and Meghan;

https://twitter.com/byqueenvic/statu...929253376?s=21

“Source confirms Harry and Meghan have signed with @hwaspeakers for discussions and speeches with trade associations, corporations and community forums. Topics include racial justice, gender equity, mental health, the environment. There are no plans to speak about the royal family”
With everything going on regarding race in the US, saying that you are willing to speak about it if someone pays you is not a good look.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:23 PM
Nobility

What's the market for people with their level of training and expertise on these topics, aside from "speaking about the Royal Family?"

In fact, we know the answer for this as it pertains to Meghan (e.g., someone with her level of training, experience, expertise, but without the benefit of a connection to the Royal Family) because she was a public figure actively seeking out similar speaking engagements before she had this connection. The answer is: very, very small.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Archie has a title. He is legally Earl of Dumbarton, he's just not using it. The same as Prince Edward's children: they are legally Prince and Princess with the style of HRH but they are not using them
He's not actaully Earl of Dumbarton. That is one of Harry's titles, and usually the eldest son would use the secondary title.... but woudl not be a peer. He will however inherit the title Duke of Sussex in due course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Archie is a completely different story. He is heir to a Royal Dukedom. I do not know if there is a legal way he can denounce that, outside of the Monarch stripping him (or Harry) of the title.
Neither Harry nor the queen can take away his title when he inherits. (To inherit H will have to be dead).... But Archie can renounce the dukedom if he wishes to, within a year of inheriting...
Old 06-24-2020, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry and Meghan were volunteering yesterday in LA.

https://twitter.com/HomeboyInd/statu...40295372914690
Old 06-24-2020, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Omid Scobie confirms the signing;

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/12...180427265?s=21