General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Jessica? She and her husband already denied the Daily Fail article. Not that it is all that surprising. So again... I am curious who you mean. You said friends -- plural.

Jessica and her husband.

Ironically, the whole point of this controversy is that Jessica has proven that what she posts, including about herself, on social media is perhaps the least trustworthy source of them all. :lol:

Ironically, the whole point of this controversy is that Jessica has proven that what she posts, including about herself, on social media is perhaps the least trustworthy source of them all. [emoji38]
The whole point of the controversy is that some people mistake media gossip for facts.

Kate made William her life. She got a job at Jigsaw. She basically asked for a job at Jigsaw and said she needed a job part time and flexible to work around her relationship with a high profile man. Later she just worked for the family.

Different from most woman now or what you would encourage a woman to do but eyes on the price. Eyes on the price.

But it is outdated, that a woman just gives up her career. To marry an h3ir to the throne is different and challenging but if you marry any other member of a royal,family you should be allowed to keep your life and identity if you wish. Women would choose to take on royal work if they wished.

But Meghan DID choose to take on royal work, and seemed enthusiastic about it. I have said that I felt she'd miss acting.. and was told by people that Meg had always been involved in charity work and that she cared more about that than acting.. and that she'd be fine in her new role. I dont know if really misses acting but...
I had to cut this short because of a visitor.. but I meant to add that I DO think Meghan misses Hollywood life. She may not miss acting per se but she clearly misses being her own mistress, misses the US/Canada and wanted to be back there. Possibly while she doesn't want to return to acting as such (she wasn't really doing all THAT well) she does hope now to go into some other part of the film world, such as documentaries...which will make money and give her some perfromance experience...

Last edited:
But Meghan DID choose to take on royal work, and seemed enthusiastic about it. I have said that I felt she'd miss acting.. and was told by people that Meg had always been involved in charity work and that she cared more about that than acting.. and that she'd be fine in her new role. I dont know if really misses acting but...

But... she not acting and has returned to what she always did before royal life came her way, albeit on a bigger platform. So in that since it was pretty bang on. When she did her royal role she did it as well as the others. She smiled. She brought attention. She lifted spirits. She just doing it outside of the BRF now.

But... she not acting and has returned to what she always did before royal life came her way, albeit on a bigger platform. So in that since it was pretty bang on. When she did her royal role she did it as well as the others. She smiled. She brought attention. She lifted spirits. She just doing it outside of the BRF now.

She may not miss acting.. but she clearly didn't really want the royal role. And how has she returned to what she did before royal life? She was an actress then. She acted..
Now she's still apparently "doing royal things" ie, meetings, supporting charities, showing off Archie. So no real change except that they said they didn't want to do this any more.. and they are not living in the UK and have no obligation to do it.
At present there's not much work going on, but in due course she'll have to turn her mind to her and Harry earning a living...

Last edited:
Meghan giving up acting to focus on being a royal didn't seem to be a problem at the time. It seemed she was (and still is) eager to use her "platform" to make a difference and move into philanthropic/charity work full time. Which is why many hoped she'd be a longterm asset to The Firm.

Suits had a couple more seasons in it and her primary love interest actor was also in a long distance relationship/marriage and eager to leave to start a new life with her, as her show was also ending. She would have been thinking what next anyway. I'm not sure she could have been the Duchess of Sussex and carried on acting in the UK but that didn't seem to be a problem as she has other interests and was aging out of the bulk of Hollywood roles for women (which is horrible in your 30s). If she had wanted to theoretically continue at an art gallery like Eugenie or something that might have worked for a while. But causes that became too political or commercial branding for personal profit were always going to be out.

Perhaps the royal "work" was more restricted and less interesting than she originally hoped, maybe giving it longer would have helped, maybe dating longer would have helped (I too can't believe it's only been 4 years since they met, that is an insane amount of changes in so short a time) but she expressed enthusiasm for her new job at first, if she was pressured into giving everything up rather than her own choice it didn't show. Unlike Harry's other girlfriends who decided they didn't want to give up their lives.

There could be some adjustment in what is expected of Louis's future wife but I think George's will be expected to be a fulltime royal, should the Monarchy survive.

I think it will depend on G's wife.. I think that the heir's wife will probably have to cut back on her own career if she has one but maybe in time it wont be expected that she will have to give up her own work altogether.. SOME careers will not be Ok for royals but some will...

She may not miss acting.. but she clearly didn't really want the royal role. And how has she returned to what she did before royal life? She was an actress then. She acted..
Now she's still apparently "doing royal things" ie, meetings, supporting charities, showing off Archie. So no real change except that they said they didn't want to do this any more.. and they are not living in the UK and have no obligation to do it.
At present there's not much work going on, but in due course she'll have to turn her mind to her and Harry earning a living...

She acted, yes. She also actively participated in events like she did with Girl Up, was an ambassador for organizations, mentored students, etc. So yes returned to what she was doing BEFORE Harry and the royals entered her life. Not like her history is some secret.

Where did they say they didn’t want to support charities? How is that only a “royal” thing? Yes that’s mostly what they do but they don’t hold the rights on it. Harry and Meghan walked away from being full time working royals but they never claimed any of the things you listed. That’s your projection.

As for “showing off Archie” — as he is her child she can show him as she pleases. Besides we rarely see that child. So not even sure your point there.

Last edited:
Just a reminder that discussions concerning documentaries about royals and royalty may take place in the Electronic Domain area of the Royal Library sub-forum: https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f220/index2.html sub-forum.

Discussions about the future roles of members of the Royal Family may take place in the Future of the British Monarchy thread: https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/the-future-of-the-british-monarchy-44877.html thread - unless it pertains specifically to Harry, Meghan or Archie as relevant to General News or in context to General News discussion.

The whole point of the controversy is that some people mistake media gossip for facts.

I'm not sure what controversy you're referring to, but the one I am referring to- concerning Jessica's actions, not her friendship with Meghan- has nothing to do with "media gossip."

I'm not sure what controversy you're referring to, but the one I am referring to- concerning Jessica's actions, not her friendship with Meghan- has nothing to do with "media gossip."
Thanks. I was referring to the claim that Meghan has antagonized her Canadian friends, specifically the Mulroneys. At this point it's nothing but unsubstantiated media gossip.

Thanks. I was referring to the claim that Meghan has antagonized her Canadian friends, specifically the Mulroneys. At this point it's nothing but unsubstantiated media gossip.

I thought that she had fallen out with J Mulroney because of JM's behavior on Twitter...

She acted, yes. She also actively participated in events like she did with Girl Up, was an ambassador for organizations, mentored students, etc. So yes returned to what she was doing BEFORE Harry and the royals entered her life. Not like her history is some secret.

Where did they say they didn’t want to support charities? How is that only a “royal” thing? Yes that’s mostly what they do but they don’t hold the rights on it. Harry and Meghan walked away from being full time working royals but they never claimed any of the things you listed. That’s your projection.

As for “showing off Archie” — as he is her child she can show him as she pleases. Besides we rarely see that child. So not even sure your point there.

If what she really wanted was to do charity work rather than act, the RF is as good a forum as any...

Last edited by a moderator:
If what she really wanted was to do charity work rather than act, the RF is as good a forum as any...

...but isn't that what they had originally intended, to be involved with the BRF, but in a different way and with a bit more freedom for their own ideas?

I don't think it was their intention to have it turn out as it did..

...but isn't that what they had originally intended, to be involved with the BRF, but in a different way and with a bit more freedom for their own ideas?

I don't think it was their intention to have it turn out as it did..

But they're not involved with the BRF.. they have walked, and I don't know if they will ever be back...Their idea of being half in and half out, and of making a professional income, wasn't going to be allowed.

And she can do it now outside of it as well. Same goal, different path. Besides she likely wouldn't have been able to be part of the Girl Up Summit and speak how she did had she still been a working royal. So it is what it is.

And she can do it now outside of it as well. Same goal, different path. Besides she likely wouldn't have been able to be part of the Girl Up Summit and speak how she did had she still been a working royal. So it is what it is.

We will see how it goes for her.

Why does it sound to me lately that we're back to pinning all the woes with the RF and walking solely on Meghan and what she wanted or didn't want? Where's Harry in all this? Isn't it possible that its Harry that was disillusioned and wanting to go a new way and Meghan followed?

I just can't buy the scenarios where Meghan says "jump" and Harry goes "how high?" To me, this couple made a joint decision weighing their options and acted accordingly *as a couple*.

Well Bogart blew it.

Missing out on the Hollywood lifestyle with his dog-bothers Guy and Oz all because he didn’t get on with Prince Harry during those visits the Duke made to Toronto.

No UK for you then Bogart. No California now.

Another puzzle solved.

Well Bogart blew it.

Missing out on the Hollywood lifestyle with his dog-bothers Guy and Oz all because he didn’t get on with Prince Harry during those visits the Duke made to Toronto.

No UK for you then Bogart. No California now.

Another puzzle solved.

I don't buy this. Not one little bit. From my observations, Meghan has always been seen as caring deeply for her dogs and animals in general. Getting "on with Harry" during visits to Toronto, for those that adopt rescue dogs seems a ludicrous reason to oust the animal. I'm one of them.

We recently adopted three year old Benny the Bagle (beagle/basset hound mix) and like people, things are strange at first (as would Harry coming into Bogart's "space" also be for limited amount of time). Benny wasn't too sure about the two of us at all when he first came home. He was friendly enough and actually a marvelous well behaved dog. It takes time and patience to really build a trusting bond. We knew Benny trusted us the day he flopped down on the floor with all four paws to the wind and wanting a belly rub.

In your scenario, Sun Lion, at the time, Harry's visits with Bogart were short and widely spaced apart. Meghan would know that it takes time to establish trust and bonding. "Dislike" of Harry would not have been part of the decision to leave Bogart behind. In fact, if you read the link I'm including, to me, Meghan put Bogart first in her decision and that sounds more likely to me than the statement made that implies that Bogart was quickly tossed aside by a big, bad, mean Meghan.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/...-her-dog-in-order-to-marry-prince-harry.html/

Last edited:
I don't buy this. Not one little bit. From my observations, Meghan has always been seen as caring deeply for her dogs and animals in general. Getting "on with Harry" during visits to Toronto, for those that adopt rescue dogs seems a ludicrous reason to oust the animal. I'm one of them.

We recently adopted three year old Benny the Bagle (beagle/basset hound mix) and like people, things are strange at first (as would Harry coming into Bogart's "space" also be for limited amount of time). Benny wasn't too sure about the two of us at all when he first came home. He was friendly enough and actually a marvelous well behaved dog. It takes time and patience to really build a trusting bond. We knew Benny trusted us the day he flopped down on the floor with all four paws to the wind and wanting a belly rub.

In your scenario, Sun Lion, at the time, Harry's visits with Bogart were short and widely spaced apart. Meghan would know that it takes time to establish trust and bonding. "Dislike" of Harry would not have been part of the decision to leave Bogart behind. In fact, if you read the link I'm including, to me, Meghan put Bogart first in her decision and that sounds more likely to me than the statement made that implies that Bogart was quickly tossed aside by a big, bad, mean Meghan.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/...-her-dog-in-order-to-marry-prince-harry.html/

I can’t read this sorry Osipi, my posting was just today’s news/not news spot about the Sussexes and I found it interesting.

I can’t read this sorry Osipi, my posting was just today’s news/not news spot about the Sussexes and I found it interesting.

Its also a news piece to blatantly insinuate that Bogart was tossed aside years ago to put Meghan in a bad light. There are lots of "news" articles out there with that kind of an agenda these days. There are many, many other reasons that it was just not feasible for Bogart to move to the UK with Guy and its my opinion that Meghan did what she thought best for Bogart. He's happily situated with friends of Meghan in a new forever home.

It would have been better if there was a source for the news spot and not presented in this forum as an absolute fact that the "mystery was solved".

No harm, no foul but just expressing my opinions on what you've stated as news. ?

Uh.. Bogart has been with his new family for almost 3 years. Why would Meghan “take him” from them? Make it make sense. This story is dumb.

Why does it sound to me lately that we're back to pinning all the woes with the RF and walking solely on Meghan and what she wanted or didn't want? Where's Harry in all this? Isn't it possible that its Harry that was disillusioned and wanting to go a new way and Meghan followed?

I just can't buy the scenarios where Meghan says "jump" and Harry goes "how high?" To me, this couple made a joint decision weighing their options and acted accordingly *as a couple*.

Oh I think Harry was going to quit no matter who he married. I don't think he would have moved to LA and courted publicity if he did that though. I think he would have moved somewhere in Africa and lived his life privately.

Its also a news piece to blatantly insinuate that Bogart was tossed aside years ago to put Meghan in a bad light. There are lots of "news" articles out there with that kind of an agenda these days. There are many, many other reasons that it was just not feasible for Bogart to move to the UK with Guy and its my opinion that Meghan did what she thought best for Bogart. He's happily situated with friends of Meghan in a new forever home.

It would have been better if there was a source for the news spot and not presented in this forum as an absolute fact that the "mystery was solved".

No harm, no foul but just expressing my opinions on what you've stated as news. ?

Dan Wootton Osipi. But what is the point, any and all sources presented just bring derision and negativity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not against Ms. Mulroney. She is only doing what Meghan is doing -- attempting to make money off Royal Connections.

The easiest way to target someone for negative press is to suggest they don't like or unfairly treat something that is universally loved. And 2 of those things are children and dogs. We have seen this with Meghan.

Meghan left her dog because of health issues and found a good home for him. Dragging him to the UK when it could have been hard on his body would not have been fair.

To suggest that they aren't taking Bogart back due to Harry and the dog not getting along :bang:

Bogart has been in a new home with a new family for over 2 years now. It would be cruel to both the family who has adopted him, and to Bogart, to suddenly uproot him again. It has nothing to do with Harry.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-rescue-dog-Bogart-pup-doesnt-like-Harry.html

Congratulations on your adoption. I have such respect for people who take foster dogs on. It takes a lot of patience and love to win over a rescue dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom